BAN THE KYLO REN BATTLE FOURMS! (At least for a month or two?)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for spectrumunbound
SpectrumUnbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By SpectrumUnbound

So many Kylo Ren battles and it literally kills everyone. Mods, please stop it! Many useless battles are being created and it's driving everybody insane into loosing interests on battle forums. STOP KYLO REN!

No Caption Provided

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just because you're salty doesn't mean everyone else is

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah... No

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem is that they are all mismatches. The guy has one movie worth of feats, and two of those feats involve being shown up by rookies

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

Kylo Ren is cool though and a good character. Why not just tell people to make better matches?

Hawkman180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised someone didn't make a Windu Vs Ren thread.

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a pointless thread.

The OP is just making a knee-jerk reaction to another knee-jerk reaction by users when a new movie comes in.

Its natural for people to speculate and discuss new topics, you shouldn't be complaining about it.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

The OP is just making a knee-jerk reaction to another knee-jerk reaction by users when a new movie comes in.

Its natural for people to speculate and discuss new topics, you shouldn't be complaining about it.

This is what common sense looks like.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

SpectrumUnbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kylo Ren vs. @spectrumunbound

Morals Off

Standard Gear

Random Encounter

LOL. WHY! This goes against what I'm trying to say. I aint fighting KYLO cause hes annoying asf. I should win by banning him. :)

SpectrumUnbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks said:

So you want pointless spite threads and mismatches?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Saitama is worse.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guru_crack said:
@donatellorawks said:

Spite threads and mismatches happen with any character, not just Kylo Ren. They also happen frequently with popular characters. Are you suggesting that we ban popular characters? Ridiculous notion.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Rouflex

After seeing the film, i still don't appreciate his saber or BB-8 design. Not worthing to be banned from the Battle Forums, tho.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectrumunbound: No but it's going to happen and don't act like this wasn't a problem before hand. I gave up on the battle boards long ago as no one wants to discuss who would win they just wanted to make sure there favorite character won despite sometimes literally being totally outclassed. The entire battle board is a joke.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

It will die down doo enough. Deadpool is out in less than 2 months

Doctor_Vader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone post a GIF of the scène where Kylo is angrily trashing that room... XD

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@fallschirmjager: I'm surprised we haven't seen movie Deadpool battles just based on his trailers.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By Fallschirmjager
SpectrumUnbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectrumunbound said:
@guru_crack said:
@donatellorawks said:

Spite threads and mismatches happen with any character, not just Kylo Ren. They also happen frequently with popular characters. Are you suggesting that we ban popular characters? Ridiculous notion.

Did I say I want to ban popular characters? That's a stupid assumption. And he has only gotten popular due to the Star Wars new episode, not back then. It doesn't happen to "any" character, unless your hyperbole using, but I see to it as pointless make threads that we know who wins. It's wasting space on Forums and it wastes the pages when other people create it. Mods would be happy enough to not deal with this crap. I don't see how it's a "ridiculous notion" in my opinion to ban certain threads that point out irrelevant battles. Certain people make threads with Kylo vs some human with one power that can "destroy a building". Certainly enough you would be raged enough. So why don't you stop your criticizing and think thoroughly. You want to keep Spite Kylo threads and waste Forums space, or give Mods extra jobs to search and ban them?

tiraomoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completely agree that the kylo ren battles should be halted for 1 or 2 months

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#28  Edited By jumpstart55

Just relax. The same exact thing happen with Zod and Ultron from The Avengers:Age of Ultron and Man of Steel respectively.Its the common knee jerk reaction when a new film comes out, its sort of a way of seeing where said characters rank amongst other notable film powerhouse characters. But for those of you who havent seen the film yet,all you have to do is not click on Any Threads marked Kylo Ren and your good. I still havent seen the film yet, and have managed to avoid every spoiler for the film thus far even though i,m still very active on battle forums and social media in general. It take a little discipline, but all you have to do is avoid articles, threads,links marked Force Awakens or ones that contain characters names and you will remain spoiler free until you see the film, simple.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you don't enjoy the threads- and have no obligation to partake in them- isn't it easier to just not click the thread and let the people that enjoy them have their fun?

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks said:
@spectrumunbound said:
@guru_crack said:
@donatellorawks said:

Did I say I want to ban popular characters? That's a stupid assumption. And he has only gotten popular due to the Star Wars new episode, not back then. It doesn't happen to "any" character, unless your hyperbole using, but I see to it as pointless make threads that we know who wins. It's wasting space on Forums and it wastes the pages when other people create it. Mods would be happy enough to not deal with this crap. I don't see how it's a "ridiculous notion" in my opinion to ban certain threads that point out irrelevant battles. Certain people make threads with Kylo vs some human with one power that can "destroy a building". Certainly enough you would be raged enough. So why don't you stop your criticizing and think thoroughly. You want to keep Spite Kylo threads and waste Forums space, or give Mods extra jobs to search and ban them?

That has been your implication. A certain character became popular on the forums due to the release of a movie, and hence many threads, both appropriate and inappropriate ones are made for him.

You are implying that because of these many inappropriate threads, ALL threads, appropriate and inappropriate are to be banned.

ALL popular characters get inappropriate threads made. Batman does. Superman does.

Its the duty of the moderators to determine whether a thread/post is appropriate or not. If they do not want to "waste time" determining what is appropriate or not then they shouldn't be taking up this position. Only in extreme circumstances should they give a blanket ban on certain characters (e.g.: DBZ). It certainly hasn't at this point of time, and flame wars didn't even occur that often.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the moment you argue a character needs to be banned for any reason, you imply that every character should banned for the same reason. singling out one character is singling out any character as well

the ridiculous notion that kylo ren should be banned for any amount of time because he's being hyped at the moment in not even worth it because mods only ban topics that are so flame bait, the forums gets burned down. that's dragonball vs comics to you.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectrumunbound: If they did it for Kylo Ren they'd have to do it for other characters and it isn't going to happen.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dan12456

If there are so many it means it's something people want to talk about. Which is exactly why it shouldn't b banned. Just because you don't want to discuss it doesn't mean it should be banned.

But I'm sure the people who run the site would love to ban popular things and decrease traffic lol.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DonatelloRawks

@dan12456 said:

If there are so many it means it's something people want to talk about. Which is exactly why it shouldn't b banned. Just because you don't want to discuss it doesn't mean it should be banned.

But I'm sure the people who run the site would love to ban popular things and decrease traffic lol.

This too. Moderators need to keep in mind the site traffic too. Ensure balance between traffic and manageability.

@sc this thread is going to get pointless soon and probably might need a lock?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#35 SC  Moderator

Yeah I am going to lock this up. I actually thought it was funny, and not in the good way that so many Kylo Ren Battles thread popped up, so in a way I agree with OP, not about banning the character, just that sudden relevancy and knowledge of something isn't a good reason to start shoving them into Battles situations because they are the hot thing right now.

That being said, this happens all the time in Battles and will continue to happen. Also making a thread about it won't work, want something actually banned, PM moderators/staff with good reasons. Also it helps if you are not an alt with banned former accounts. There is the chance that you are appealing to the general forum users to stop making such threads? Except that won't work either, a lot won't care, most won't notice and some will probably more more threads just to spite you, because thats the internet.