Bale's Batman vs Urban's Dredd: Who wins?

• 124 results
M-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By M-Demon

Urban's Dredd would curb stomp Bale's Batman, sorry. Nolan's version of Batman isn't the wonderman from the Comics ... he's far more vulnerable and realistic. More human, so to speak. Dredd is not only a tougher hombre than anything Bale's faced in any of his three movies, but a far better equipped and dangerous combatant as well. Plus, Dredd really doesn't care about sparing life; if he finds you guilty ... he'll kill you. He has no qualms about it, unlike Batman, who often goes out of his way to spare people. I'd imagine if the two are going head to head in a fight then Dredd is out to Judge (which generally means kill, at least in Dredd's mind) Bale. And why wouldn't he? Bale is fighting Dredd which means that Bale is resisting arrest and attacking a Judge, and this, of course, equals a death sentence in Dredd's world. Bale's kevlar body armor isn't going to stop the Lawgiver's varied assortment of firepower and I doubt he could beat Dredd in melee either. Sadly, I think Urban's Dredd has more personality than Bale's Batman as well - not that matters in a fight, but I just wanted to take the jab. Dredd's tough guy voice is better, too.

Sonar goggles aren't helping you at here, Bats. Be Judged, pal.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By minigunman123

@k4tzm4n said:

@ReVamp said:

Still haven't watched it, so I can't decide. I'm even afraid of reading Dredd's section in this article xP

Yeah, take note of the spoiler warning. Stay away until you watch it, sir!

Damn, I didn't know the movie even came out yet. I'll have to go see it.

Anyway, from what I know of Dredd I'd have to say that Bale's Batman may have an edge; his technology was rather cutting-edge and he's not above using technological and deceptive tactics to disarm and terrorize or even poison/drug Dredd ("it's not smoke... it's anesthetic gas").

Dredd is a boss. But Batman is more subtle and cunning. I think that he can beat even the great Judge.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@minigunman123 said:

("it's not smoke... it's anesthetic gas").

That's Batman from the animated movie Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, not Bale's Batman ;)
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By Ferro Vida

Molto bene, K4tz.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By minigunman123

@k4tzm4n said:

@minigunman123 said:

That's Batman from the animated movie Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, not Bale's Batman ;)

Hahaha, you just became one of my favorites.

After thinking on it more, Bale's Batman didn't think of anything special to take down Bane, he just beat him up... Maybe Dredd would take this. As I've said I haven't seen the movie yet, sadly :( going to see it some time soon hopefully.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#106  Edited By Mercy_

This is awesome O_O

fluffypigeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#107  Edited By fluffypigeons

wow is this a freaking stupid joke juge dredd SUCKS and i have not seen the movie but I now it is going to SUCK SUCK....SUCK SUCK sucky

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Ferro Vida said:

Molto bene, K4tz.

Prego (and yes, I had to google the appropriate response). 

@Mercy_
hah, thank you! 

@fluffypigeons
Sound reasoning, sir.  But yeah, this isn't about the quality of the movies (even then, Dredd 3D is a good film) but instead what if the leads went face to face in a battle. 

@minigunman123 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@minigunman123 said:

That's Batman from the animated movie Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, not Bale's Batman ;)

Hahaha, you just became one of my favorites.

haha, thanks!
Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

#109  Edited By Arkhamc1tizen

batman ALLWAYS wins

timelord786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By timelord786

Batman would win because he losing is not something he does.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By Xanni15

@timelord786 said:

Batman would win because he losing is not something he does.

Yet he has done it.

Avatar image for sovereigndivinity
sovereigndivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems a lot of you 4got this fight is about the 'Movie versions' not comicbook ones.....

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By nerdork

I feel, that if Dredd got into a full hand 2 hand confrontation with Batman (movie versions), that Batman has a fairly serious edge; we have seen Bale take down NUMEROUS gangsters and villains with his fighting ability, while we only saw Urban take down another Judge. Since we do not have any kind of scale to determine the difficulty of that feat, it is nearly impossible to say Dredd has any kind of an advantage here. We did see Anderson take down 2 gang members at the same time with no weapons, and it is safe to assume that Dredd is by far the superior fighter. So, we know that Dredd can handle at least 2 at once, with ease. But, pick a fight scene from the Baleman movies, and he is fighting 6 - 10 opponents at once. So, the question is, 'How do the poverty stricken, drug addicted, gang members of Mega City 1 stack up against Gotham's lackeys and henchmen?' since there is no defining factor (which can be solved by a sequel), I can only make a numerically based decision, and say that Batman takes it in a battle of fisticuffs, albeit not easily, but definitely.

When taking into account the neutral settings, and giving Bale and Urban their tech and weapons, it changes a lot of factors. It no longer becomes a battle strictly of skill, but luck as well. 1 AP round from a lawgiver to Bale, be it torso or extremities, and the fight is severly in Urbans favor. if it is a grenade or incendiary round, well, then the fight is done.

I also feel that Dredd was a bit more tenacious than Batman, and displayed an intense tolerance to pain; when coupled with an undying perseverance to deal justice, no matter the adversity, Urban makes for a more potent opponent than Bale. Bale has the skill, but Urban has the rest. Urban wins 7/10.

jymevans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#114  Edited By jymevans

BATMAN over DREDD, URBAN over BALE

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#115  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Latest movie versions? Dredd all the way.

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DarkKnightDetective said:

If it is movie versions, then I agree. comic book I do not.

I agree with you. Bale's Batman is kind of a p*ssy when compared to the comic Batman. Karl Urban would whoop his ass

Avatar image for jordanhenleykomics
jordanhenleykomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is it okay to say this IM AM THE LAWWWWWW.

Wolverine0628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#118  Edited By Wolverine0628

@mk111 said:

Batman wins because he's Batman. 'nuff said.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By minigunman123

@k4tzm4n said:

@nrgb2814 said:

Great article! I was thinking all of this when watching Dredd 3D!

Thank you and me too, man! Happy to know I'm not the only one thinking of crazy crossovers and what ifs while watching a movie :D

Dude, I've thought of crazy crossovers with EVERY movie XD

Batman vs. pirates of the Caribbean being one of the more interesting ones!

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Aero_gt

Movie Version Batman os nothing like the comics. Batman isn't that fast or that great in hand to hand. No Dredd wins alone on his armor piercing rounds or incinerating ones. Bat has no prep and Judge would find his vigilantism illegal sentance him to x-number of years in the isocubes. If bats resists arrest Dredd has no problem using force. If dredd had troubles he would just call in back up and then you really have trouble.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Well, it looks like a hardcover for all of the Batman/Dredd crossovers is coming out this November! 

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@k4tzm4n said:

Well, it looks like a hardcover for all of the Batman/Dredd crossovers is coming out this November!

Really? That's awesome! I'm so going to buy that!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Really? That's awesome! I'm so going to buy that!

Just FYI it came out: http://www.comicvine.com/batmanjudge-dredd-collection-hc/37-369655/
ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#125  Edited By ccraft

I'd say Batman, Judge Dredd way is weaker than Batman's. Plus Batman has cool gadgets too.