Avengers Kang Dynasty has found its director thoughts?

spiderman31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow good for Destin. I'm glad Disney seems to be putting so much faith in him. There's also the Shang Chi spin off series he's rumored to executive produce, so he's definitely favored by the mouse.

LordTwigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NICE, He knows not to put jokes in serious moments plus he is the only hope of salvaging Captain Marvel in MCU after The Marvels disaster

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: 1 hour of the movie is set in a musical planet. Plus Carol is getting nerfed so Kamala and Monica can save her

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz said:
@tobeymaguire84 said:

@akz: 1 hour of the movie is set in a musical planet. Plus Carol is getting nerfed so Kamala and Monica can save her

Nice fanfic

Its called Leaks. and every single one have confirmed the Musical Planet and Carol being married to the ruler.

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zafros13

@tobeymaguire84: "NICE, He knows not to put jokes in serious moments "

I haven't watched the movie since in theaters, but I'm certain when Shang was just about to say something about how he was going assassinate someone as a 13 year old (or something of the sorts) the scene was interrupted with a joke.

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'll watch some of his other work tonight.

If anyone is familiar with his filmography I'd like to here your thoughts.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@zafros13:

Having recently rewatched the film with a friend that’s getting into the MCU, that scene isn’t interrupted with any joke. He tells Katy how he lied and actually killed his mother’s killer when his father sent him to, she sympathizes with him having been trained for years as a kid to be sent on a hit as a teen, and it ends with him basically saying he’s gonna kill Wenwu.

But to answer your second post, I said this in another thread, but Short Term 12 is definitely his best film (and one of the best films of 2013). was also the first leading performance for Brie Larson (and she showed just how good her acting Chops are as well). It’s just a really fantastic coming of age film (and I think it’s on Amazon prime video)

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zafros13

@mike_fowler:

https://youtu.be/SO6KfmMPeNw

I was referring to this, they use the waitress interrupting the tension of the scene as a form of humor. I guess atleast it was situational humor which I prefer over quips.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't a huge fan of Shang-Chi overall, but still, seems like a pretty good director.

Avatar image for justinlinnerman
justinlinnerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: one of the few confirmed leaks by those who have been right in the past is that there is a portion of the film set on a planet whose ppl communicate by song and dance. Carol and the girls will have a few musical numbers

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's about "time" they settled on a director, you wouldn't want to "tick" off the fans by waiting too long after all I think that Kang's proper introduction is "past" due....

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zafros13

What would you guys think if they had Christopher Nolan direct it? He could really go crazy with philosophical time themes.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz said:
@justinlinnerman said:

@akz: one of the few confirmed leaks by those who have been right in the past is that there is a portion of the film set on a planet whose ppl communicate by song and dance. Carol and the girls will have a few musical numbers

No leaks are ‘confirmed` and who is the source? There are very few leakers trustworthy.

Every single leaker. The only dispute is how much of the movie is musical

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz said:
@tobeymaguire84 said:
@akz said:
@justinlinnerman said:

No leaks are ‘confirmed` and who is the source? There are very few leakers trustworthy.

Every single leaker. The only dispute is how much of the movie is musical

My ass. Link a reliable leaker like RPK.

He leaked it on his Discord

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zafros13

I watched Short Term 12. Didn't care for it to much, there was some well executed camera techniques though. Also elements like it's handling of character development could work very well in Kang Dynasty.

GraveDigger84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shang Chi is pretty good compared to other Phase 4 movies. Personally I have high hopes.