Avengers: Infinity War Theory and Speculation Thread

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For any theories that people may have regarding the movie. Obviously potential spoilers and ridiculousness.

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheSpartanB345T

My theory: So it was announced that within the first 5 minutes of the movie, Thanos is going to prove why he is bigger and badder than any villain in the MCU.

I think that 1 of two things will happen.

Situation 1: Thanos goes to Xandar, obliterates the guards, and then grabs the power stone WITH HIS HAND, like it was nothing. Maybe he struggles a bit like Quill did (but to a lesser extent) and this is what ends up changing his skin tone from the lighter purple in GotG (and destroys his helmet?) This would be a great way to show his power without being so obvious and it changes the plot insignificantly, so it may happen. Edit: he probably destroys Xandar, forgot to add that.

Situation 2: Asgardians, along with Hulk and Thor, get destroyed. The trailer does show an Asgardian among the bodies of the fallen (from the tattoo.) However, the power stone is shown being collected first on the gauntlet, BUT Thor Ragnarok's end credits scene... so???

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any thoughts?

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My theory:

Thanos and the black order intercept the asgardians And KILL them. Loki tries to spare him and thor by giving thanos the space stonw, thanos takes it but kills loki because he failed him. Thor(enraged) at his brothers death at the hands of the mad titan, engages thanos and loses badly, gets sent into outerspace, putting him with the guardians. Thanos then goes to xandar, DESTROYS xandar, sends the black order to earth while he stays in space. The guardians get word and head that way, rocket and thor go to find thor a new weapon. Ebony maw attacks dr strange, and fails to retrieve the time stone from him. Banner is sent flying to earth from the earlier fight. Regroupes with strange wong and stark, and together they fend off ebony maw. Ebony escapes and the 3 follow him to xandar, banner heads to wakanada, spiderman joins starks team. On xandar stark, strange, wong,peter and the guardians engage thanos and are nearly killed, wong is killed. Corvus and proxima fail at retrieving the time stone from vision. The soul stone is located within wakanda(which is how panther can speak to his ancestors) cull obsidian heads to the city with an army of outwriters to retrieve the stone. Cap bucky and others join the wakandan defense to keep cull from the stone. Back on xandar the team loses to thanos.

Thats all i got so far, and im sticking by majority of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My theory:

Thanos is gonna have sweet sweet sex with Hela or hook up with her cause why else would they hook up in the comics

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheSpartanB345T

@chris-sama: Do you think Thanos will be able to grab the power stone with his bare hand? That would be awesome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chris-sama: Do you think Thanos will be able to grab the power stone with his bare hand? That would be awesome.

If Ronan could do it...I mean lol

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheSpartanB345T

Hmm tags don't work?

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespartanb345t: Ronan and Peter could do it with ease.

I mean I wouldn't say ease but they still contained it for however long they did

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if thanos has a Stone already?

And if the actually meant "badder than every villain" I feel sorry for the Battle Forums, specifically the ones regarding Superman, Doomsday, Dormammu and wonder woman. I seriously want be surprised if there is a Thanos vs Ego thread.

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Found some interesting theories on Reddit.

-Tony, Peter and the Sorcerers are swept onto the planet of ______ by that floating mechanical ring thingy in New York.

-Pepper has her own emergency armor because Tony is taking no chances when it comes to his fiancee.

-The Arc Reactor can counteract the effects of one of the Stones. This draws Thanos’ attention to Tony.

-Tony’s jacket and pants ensemble is in fact the new armor and will be revealed in the most epic way possible.

-Hulk can understand Groot perfectly.

-Loki hands the Tessaract over to Thanos in exchange for the lives of the Asgardians and so Thor doesn’t have his skull cracked apart like we saw in the Comic Con trailer.

-Vision knows he’s doomed, so when he and Wanda attempt to hide from Thanos in that hotel, Vision goes into Paul Bettany Mode so they can pretend to be a normal couple…just for one night. Wanda doesn’t accept this and changes him back cause he’s appearance isn’t why she fell for him.

-Fury brings out the Helicarrier one last time to evacuate the danger areas in New York.

-If you don’t think there’s going to be a huge argument over the extent of Spider-Bro’s involvement in the War, you’re kidding yourself.

-Bucky’s new arm is 100% vibranium and therefore can’t be shot-off by a grieving family member of one of Winter’s past victims this time.

-If Steve and Tony reunite, both are quick to brush aside what happened in Siberia cause there’s more important shit to worry about. Save the Galaxy first, then deal with personal problems.

-Peter gets so badly injured (”I’m sorry, Tony. I’m sorry.”) that Tony goes full Iron Dad mode and uses the Iron Man armor to send Peter back to Earth, leaving Tony vulnerable on an alien planet and triggering the panic attack Marvel bitch-slapped us across the face with in the trailer.

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drpepperman: Lol I can see it already.

"IG Thanos vs DCEU Justice League"

"Thanos stomps because he is universal."

"Diana decapitates him before he reacts."

"Thanos lacks neck feats."

Or some 616 Galactus vs MCU Thanos thread.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespartanb345t: more like this.

You're scrolling down the forums. Then you see MCU Thanos vs DCEU faora.

"Well, I haven't seen the movie yet, so I've got to read slower so spoilers don't come to me."

No spoiler blocks, only people spamming "faora took attacks from MoS superman, who is >>>>>>>> MCU thor and hulk in strength. Thanos can't KO Spiderman, so hulk>>>>>>>>thanos."

Then you start wondering if the world has gone mad, so you come to Gen Discussion, and in big, bold letters, the biggest spoiler of the movie is RIGHT ON TOP of the forum, and then you go to a thread "Can DCEU Superman survive this?" And then there is a GIF of thanos doing something else that's a spoiler which would solo the DCEU verse in a picosecond, but in the poll it has 51% yes and 49% no, then ten minutes later it's ninety percent yes and ten percent no.

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoilerish speculation- I saw a recent article where some fans are speculating that Infinity War is going to feature multiple parallel time lines, and this has me very concerned because it makes sense considering everything we know. There is a lot of talk that this movie is going to disappoint people because of sky high unrealistic expectations, but if the movie takes the end of Dr Strange to a new level (constantly time travelling to un-do deaths) then I feel people will just feel let down no matter how high their expectations are. I am pretty sure that time travel will factor into the Infinity movies, but the idea of constant manipulation of time will probably be confusing and feel like a cop out.

Nanotrek9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Captain America: Civil War, Vision supposed, referring to the mind stone, "One day, who knows? I may even control it." That remark has stuck with me more than any other in any of the MCU movies. The mind stone sits in the prime position on the Infinity Gauntlet. "One ring to rule them all," to quote another movie. By comparison Vision is Frodo, an innocent, not desiring power, but rather to end it's evil reign.

Vision is not permanently deceased, but in desperate need of repair. Where better than in Wakanda, at the hands of Shuri and Banner to enact such repair? Shuri already has the schematics of Vision's neural network, which she obtained in trying to remove the mind stone, and an endless supply of Vibranium, the substance of his physical makeup. Banner assisted in creating Vision in the first place.

Okay, say Vision is brought back to life. Would he still have a link to the mind stone and could he remotely control it? Well, consider the Red Witch. She was separate from the stone and yet absorbed and gained her power through it. Perhaps Vision, once he returns to life, can neutralize, if not control the mind stone and deprive Thanos of its impact and possibly more...

If this is true, let's go way out on a limb and take it a step further. Dr. Strange has a unique connection to the time stone. (There are so many ways he can return to the living, not worth discussing.) It is his connection to the stone that is significant. His curse on the stone suggests a continuing relationship with it.

...and a step even further out on the ledge...

Assuming these 2 Avengers can resurrect and connect to and influence the Infinity stones at a distance, might others also connect in such a manner? Star Lord the power stone, Jane Foster the reality stone, Gamora the Soul Stone and so forth...

Food for thought... A lot of thought.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4
deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of these predictions were close

Nanotrek9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nanotrek9

to support my theory, watched Infinity Wars again. The mind stone is warning Vision of something impending. The Red Witch examines the mind stone after Vision asks, "What do you feel?" She responds, "I feel only you."

This confirms a newly elevated link between the mind stone and Vision, a connection beyond their previous relationship.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

My theory:

Thanos and the black order intercept the asgardians And KILL them. Loki tries to spare him and thor by giving thanos the space stonw, thanos takes it but kills loki because he failed him. Thor(enraged) at his brothers death at the hands of the mad titan, engages thanos and loses badly, gets sent into outerspace, putting him with the guardians. Thanos then goes to xandar, DESTROYS xandar, sends the black order to earth while he stays in space. The guardians get word and head that way, rocket and thor go to find thor a new weapon. Ebony maw attacks dr strange, and fails to retrieve the time stone from him. Banner is sent flying to earth from the earlier fight. Regroupes with strange wong and stark, and together they fend off ebony maw. Ebony escapes and the 3 follow him to xandar, banner heads to wakanada, spiderman joins starks team. On xandar stark, strange, wong,peter and the guardians engage thanos and are nearly killed, wong is killed. Corvus and proxima fail at retrieving the time stone from vision. The soul stone is located within wakanda(which is how panther can speak to his ancestors) cull obsidian heads to the city with an army of outwriters to retrieve the stone. Cap bucky and others join the wakandan defense to keep cull from the stone. Back on xandar the team loses to thanos.

Thats all i got so far, and im sticking by majority of it.

You are a god.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 anthp2000  Moderator

@the_magister: that must've been written upon the movie's premiere, seriously. I'm too lazy to look at the dates and do math and stuff right now.

Nanotrek9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nanotrek9: to continue my thread in support of my theory... "I'm on the side of life," Vision states, to contrast himself with Ultron, in the last Avengers movie.

When Thanos gains the mind stone in Infinity Wars, he immediately destroys life, half the Universe. Was it not this link, between Vision and the mind stone and his life protective attitude, that contributed to what caused the Infinity Gauntlet to then self-destruct?

Thor stated upon the creation of Vision, "I've had a vision... And at it's center was that," referring to the mind stone. Likewise, I say Vision and his connection to the mind stone is at the center of the resolve to Avengers 4.

Nanotrek9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nanotrek9: ... Continued:

Another possibility, when the Red Witch examines the mind stone and says, "I feel only you," is it possible that Vision and the mind stone have completely unified? If so,is Vision actually still alive and living inside the mind stone after Thanos ripped it from his head?

Nanotrek9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nanotrek9: Thor had a "vision" and at its center was the mind stone. That is why he activated Vision. That is also why I believe Vision will be reborn to fight Thanos. I further conjecture Dr. Strange went against his word to save Iron man, because he was a cocreator of Vision and will be again. Tony, Bruce and Shuri, and possibly Thor will work together to resurrect Vision. There has been too much foreshadowing and clues for it to be otherwise.