Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

did gamora get any nice feats??? and wanda too

Wanda yes.

SPOILERS for Gamora

Gamora found the last stone for Thanos a long time ago and hid it from him. She doesn't fight much and she actually dies because Thanos had to sacrifice something he loves to get the stone.

Arrsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Arrsenal
No Caption Provided

Does Iron Spider use the same techology new Iron Man armor does?

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mekboy: what about wanda , did she perform any impressive feats ???

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dami24434: her main feats were completely wiping out large warmachines wheels

Also destroying the mind stone

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, Wanda is crazy impressive.

In a clip I saw on reddit, she ripped apart the mind get and killed vision at the same time she was holding back and blasting thanos who had 5 gems already.

She, Thor and Ironman are the strongest Avengers.

DeWitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoilers: Spidey's "death" was heartbreaking to watch

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone tell me if we get an “Avengers assemble!” or Thanos pimp handing people?

Arrsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Arrsenal

What about Rhodey? Did War Machine mark 4 feel like it's something brand new too or was it pretty much the same?

In a clip I saw on reddit, she ripped apart the mind get and killed vision at the same time she was holding back and blasting thanos who had 5 gems already.

Can you give a link please?

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#110 krisbishop  Moderator

@stormdriven:

Can anyone tell me if we get an “Avengers assemble!”

Nope.

Thanos pimp handing people?

Yep.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

Really dark ending, never expected it from Marvel. This is new.

But loved all the action, especially Strange, Thor, and Iron Man.

Am I the only one thought Vision was unusually weak in this movie? He struggled against someone Cap could hold his own against for a while.

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos was easily the best character in this movie

Thor And gamora were pretty good too

The ending was absolutely crazy tho..was on the edge of my seat 0_0

DeWitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really dark ending, never expected it from Marvel. This is new.

But loved all the action, especially Strange, Thor, and Iron Man.

Am I the only one thought Vision was unusually weak in this movie? He struggled against someone Cap could hold his own against for a while.

"So dark. You sure you’re not from the DC Universe?" (Deadpool, 2018)

DeWitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gateofbabylon: Yea Thor, Strange, Ironman, Scarlet Witch were all really powerful in IW, but Vision was basically getting stabbed repeatedly throughout the movie without doing much.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By sinikettu

@angeljax said:

Since this has been dwelling on mind ever since the Proxima clip was released, how powerful does Widow get? Is the extent of her skill highlighted in this flim?

That's the best showing Widow gets... because Proxima beats her with just her fists later

Also Thor gets a new artificial eye from Rocket, so the action figure with both eyes was correct.

Arrsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Arrsenal

Also was Red Skull really in the movie?

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is hulk still in the top 3 avengers?

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dami24434: Yes, towards the end Wanda does some wonderful stuff.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Mekboy

@arrsenal: Yes, the Iron Spidey suit and the new Iron man suit use the same material.

MacTwistie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:
@mactwistie said:

I just finished watching the movie. I am not a comic book reader, but am one of the majority of every day people that caught some comics many years ago and have loved the movies...

The ending of this movie was SHIT. Thousands of children are going to be crying themselves to sleep tonight.... I really do believe Marvel have mis-calculated here, and are going to pay the price. For the first time, there is NO WAY IN HELL i will be paying to see this movie a 2nd or 3rd time. There is every chance I will never watch it again at all.

I know on this forum, my opinion may well be in a minority, but I am very sure that world-wide, my view will be more common. I have no other words. Just.. SHHIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

you have to remember that in the comics, completing the IG resulted in the death of half of the universe and almost the universe to be undone accordingly. how is MCU going to turn that around given how massive the stakes are here ? also fairy tale endings can be good but with the way MCU is going for a long time, somewhere down the line needs a massive rehauling. the infinity plotline provided the best material for that.

I don't "Remember" this as I never knew it or read it. I am one of millions who will see this movie with no knowledge of the comic universe or where it goes. I understand those who read the comics will not be too surprised by this, but for most people, this is a huge and crappy shock - to have 10 years of movies end with the avengers completely failing and half the people in the universe dead ? On top of this, generally a hero whose time has come requires a HEROIC death... going out with a whimper is pathetic.

I know this tactic has been used before, and the next thing we will see is meddling with the timeline or alternate universes... it's all been done before. And it is a cheat.. it sux.... So disappointing....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An important distinction to make.

These are the deaths not associated with the finger snap,

Which will more likely mean, they won't eventually be resurrected.

1. Loki

2. Heimdal

3. Collector.

4. Vision

5. Gamora

ErickAgl17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By kyrees

@mactwistie said:

I don't "Remember" this as I never knew it or read it. I am one of millions who will see this movie with no knowledge of the comic universe or where it goes. I understand those who read the comics will not be too surprised by this, but for most people, this is a huge and crappy shock - to have 10 years of movies end with the avengers completely failing and half the people in the universe dead ? On top of this, generally a hero whose time has come requires a HEROIC death... going out with a whimper is pathetic.

I know this tactic has been used before, and the next thing we will see is meddling with the timeline or alternate universes... it's all been done before. And it is a cheat.. it sux.... So disappointing....

even if you have no background to what happened in the comics, the stakes involved in this movie is far too high for the fairy tale ending people would be expecting. you have a trappings of an actual god with thanos trying to complete the IG. i didn't expect any hero to die a hero's death when one stone alone is quite a pivotal point of a movie because of its sheer power. heck, it would have dawned on people when thanos used the reality stone aka the aether on knowhere.

please explain to me that timeline meddling is a cheat when it's proven its worth in maintaining interests to movie franchises ? it sux because it will happen or it sux because you didn't want it to happen ? either way, it has to happen because the series is nearing a fatigue point at this point.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welllll that was amazing it was basicaly a Thanos film, Thor was finally done justice in an Avengers film, and they somehow managed to balance all the characters really well.

I also predicted that ending which was still crazy to see happen I didn't expect that amount of them to be gone especially Spidey

MacTwistie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

even if you have no background to what happened in the comics, the stakes involved in this movie is far too high for the fairy tale ending people would be expecting. you have a trappings of an actual god with thanos trying to complete the IG. i didn't expect any hero to die a hero's death when one stone alone is quite a pivotal point of a movie because of its sheer power. heck, it would have dawned on people when thanos used the reality stone aka the aether on knowhere.

please explain to me that timeline meddling is a cheat when it's proven its worth in maintaining interests to movie franchises ? it sux because it will happen or it sux because you didn't want it to happen ? either way, it has to happen because the series is nearing a fatigue point at this point.

Timeline meddling is a last ditch effort from a writer to change/simplify or fix a plot that was badly written and/or thought out, or one that is completely out of date (IE:- Star Trek Reboot). The main problem with it is that it almost completely invalidates the viewers tie to the characters. Throughout these stories, the sense of interest is kept via situations where the hero is in imminent danger of some kind. You are invested in the safety and well being of the hero themselves, so these re-writes completely invalidate this critical emotional tie.

Next time You see a hero in this franchise die, it will be all to easy to believe they will just show up in the next movie anyhow (read superman in justice league - also a terrible and predictable play). After a while, it's hard to find any reason to care at all ... after all, what does it matter what happens now ? It can all just be changed later........

DeWitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By kyrees

@mactwistie said:

Timeline meddling is a last ditch effort from a writer to change/simplify or fix a plot that was badly written and/or thought out, or one that is completely out of date (IE:- Star Trek Reboot). The main problem with it is that it almost completely invalidates the viewers tie to the characters. Throughout these stories, the sense of interest is kept via situations where the hero is in imminent danger of some kind. You are invested in the safety and well being of the hero themselves, so these re-writes completely invalidate this critical emotional tie.

Next time You see a hero in this franchise die, it will be all to easy to believe they will just show up in the next movie anyhow (read superman in justice league - also a terrible and predictable play). After a while, it's hard to find any reason to care at all ... after all, what does it matter what happens now ? It can all just be changed later........

it's a last ditch effort for a franchise that has barely used it (like star trek) but for something like the MCU that hinted of it early on in the series and has actually never done it, it has a certain leeway to it. true, connections made by the viewers to the characters can be made trivial but how sure are you that it will go the same route that everything is fine and dandy after they are all revived ? i mean they did made civil war.

RogueDeWolff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#129  Edited By RogueDeWolff

WHAT THE F*** JUST HAPPENED?! HOW?! HOW?!

Okay, I've let it out. Phew.

WTF?!!! They did it! Marvel f-ing did it!! I was hoping they would do it, but Jesus Christ, I never expected them to have the balls to actually do it! What the heck?!

Phew. Okay, I'm calm. Phew.

Amazing movie. I was so tempted so give it a 10/10, especially with that ending. But there are a few faults that I need to point out, which I'll do it later in a separate review.

I'll say this though, Marvel lied through their teeth about Infinity War not being a two-parter and would stand on its own. Okay, so it's not really a lie and more of a half-lie, but man, I love that they tried to make it seem like Infinity War would end with everyone would going on with their lives and solo movies - how is Black Panther going to go with his solo movie now? Or Dr. Strange, or most important of all, Spider-Man? I imagine that Spider-Man will not appear again till after Avengers 4, when everyone is revived! Wow, Marvel, you've grown some serious brass! I love it!

Sigh. I'm in an internal debate right now about whether if Black Panther is a better film than this. Man.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roguedewolff: Their solo's aren't till after Avengers 4 the only ones between now and 4 are Ant-Man and The Wasp and Captain Marvel

Wakel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Wakel

Everything except Thanos was perfect. He was great but too emotional, and really no mistress death? Also, how can Thanos with one stone stomp Hulk, but with 4 stones reallyyyy struggle with Iron Man, who was getting his ass beat by the Black Order.

I think the power levels made the film so confusing to watch. Thanos seemed to get weaker, the more stones he got?

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sooo who do we think is going to be the one to wear the IG and reverse all of this?

My bet is on Nebula or Cap

loyngulpany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I was really surprised with the ending. The film itself was very unpredictable. I didn't expect Gamora to die.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sooo who do we think is going to be the one to wear the IG and reverse all of this?

my bet is on adam warlock

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 krisbishop  Moderator

Am I the only one who thought Loki's death was a bit stupid?

He's a survivalist; who uses his intelligence and craftiness to always stay alive. Someone like that isn't stupid enough to come out of hiding and try to assassinate someone he just saw flat out kick Hulk's ass without Stones.

I expected Loki to die, but not in such a dumb way.

RogueDeWolff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By RogueDeWolff

My review for the movie:

https://letterboxd.com/kendritch/film/avengers-infinity-war

8/10

Won't post a new thread since there's already a couple here and there, and I don't want to spam the place just to insert my point of view.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:
@thorthunder98 said:

Adam Warlock isn't even in the mcu till Guardians 2 which is after Avengers 4 so that is definitely not happening

RogueDeWolff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:
@thorthunder98 said:

Adam Warlock isn't even in the mcu till Guardians 2 which is after Avengers 4 so that is definitely not happening

Still, I hope they pull a Spider-Man or Black Panther and insert him ahead of time. Marvel hasn't been exactly reliable in what they leak out.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Thorthunder98

@thorthunder98 said:
@kyrees said:
@thorthunder98 said:

Still, I hope they pull a Spider-Man or Black Panther and insert him ahead of time. Marvel hasn't been exactly reliable in what they leak out.

But isn't his initial purpose in the mcu to go after the Guardians?

I just wish they'd have introduced him sooner then he could've actually played a big role in the Infinity saga

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Thanos have to close his fist to use the IG? I didn't notice at first but I've seen people saying it and it would make sense tbf

RogueDeWolff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Thanos have to close his fist to use the IG? I didn't notice at first but I've seen people saying it and it would make sense tbf

Yep. He does have to close it.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. That is how Tony, Peter and Strange managed to subdue him in the end. By stopping him from accessing the glove

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06: @roguedewolff:Makes sense. lol still out of those 14million or so scenarios they failed and the one they succeed they didn't even manage to pull off that one

RogueDeWolff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: Yeah, but that's largely due to Star Lord getting emotional, not that I blame him. Man, I feel sorry for him and his loved one. Definitely one of the biggest feels in the movie. Reminds me of the end to Civil War.

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly thought the Soul Stone would have been with Adam Warlock but what they did in the film was a great scene. I actually started to teared up as soon as Thanos was told what the cost of getting the stone would be.

I seriously sat there during the credits trying to process everything I had just watched. The film was both exactly what I expected and nothing like what I was thinking it would be at the same time. That the film teased a victory more than once only to end the way it did really show the characters and viewers that we don't always get happy endings.

RogueDeWolff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By RogueDeWolff

@dasalvadore said:

I honestly thought the Soul Stone would have been with Adam Warlock but what they did in the film was a great scene. I actually started to teared up as soon as Thanos was told what the cost of getting the stone would be.

I seriously sat there during the credits trying to process everything I had just watched. The film was both exactly what I expected and nothing like what I was thinking it would be at the same time. That the film teased a victory more than once only to end the way it did really show the characters and viewers that we don't always get happy endings.

My sentiments exactly. "Sat there trying to process everything" especially. I was probably one of the few with a grimace in the theater. People around me were chatting heartily over what a surprise that was, but I just frowned, satisfied that it's what I wanted to happen, but still depressed all the same.

As a purist though, I did want the Soul Stone to be associated with Adam Warlock, but I think at this point, especially with Thanos' motivation altered, audience should expect Marvel to have significant and large changes from the original story in order to make better movies. It's more practical that way. I just read an article about how the Russos said that introducing Lady Death would have been too much of a hassle, especially when there's already so many characters. Maybe the Soul Gem's origin being changed is also out of similar practicality. Plus, it effectively gives the relationship between Thanos and Gamora an emotional plot device that would make us feel more for the Mad Titan.

On a sidenote: After seeing Infinity War, I now have this greedy desire to see the Russos surprise us more with more twists in the future, things we wanted but would've never expected to appear in the MCU.

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roguedewolff: Oh yeah, I was not a happy fan when those credits were rolling. Not because I didn't like the film, but because of just how battered I was emotionally. I got sucker-punched by the Loki scene and never fully recovered.

That last Gamorra scene was pretty intense. I thought it was actually Mistress Death and I think it's probably a nod to her role in Thanos' rise and goals from the comics. I also liked how the gauntlet itself is damaged by the end as well as Thanos' last scene reminding me of post-IG when Adam Warlock finds Thanos on a farm.

I agree about wanting to see what else the Russo's are going to do. They know how to respect the characters and the world of the MCU, respect the fans and audience, while also not fall into lazy storytelling. Now I just have to wait for my friends to see the film so I can actually talk to someone about it!

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a side-note; when it comes to Thanos winning, we need to remember Strange's comment about this is how it needed to be. And this is the guy who saw the future and how to win against Thanos.

RogueDeWolff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That last Gamorra scene was pretty intense. I also liked how the gauntlet itself is damaged by the end as well as Thanos' last scene reminding me of post-IG when Adam Warlock finds Thanos on a farm.

I love both of those scenes too. They were both so powerful and really set in stone that what Thanos did isn't just an illusion or a dream sequence, it is real, and it made Thanos look like he's almost lamenting over the fact that half the universe is dead. Beautifully tragic.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a side-note; when it comes to Thanos winning, we need to remember Strange's comment about this is how it needed to be. And this is the guy who saw the future and how to win against Thanos.

Yea I think that Thanos 'winning' and assembling the full gauntlet was the scenario Strange saw for them to actually win in the end