Avengers Infinity War Spoiler Discussion Thread

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jashro44

SPOILERS BELOW! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ SPOILERS TURN BACK NOW!

Starting with Thanos motivation:

“He’s from a planet called Titan that’s no longer inhabited because of things that he thought he could help prevent, and he was not allowed to do that,” he told Entertainment Weekly. “What he feared most happened, and the planet and everybody on it basically went extinct. He vowed not to let that happen again. He thinks he sees the universe going down the tubes. He thinks he sees life expanding outward unchecked. That will bring ruin, he believes, to the universe and to that life.”

Feige explained that Thanos understands his mission to be to destroy one-half of the universe to save the other. “That’s either genius or horrific, depending on your point of view,” he said, “and most of our point of views say it’s pretty horrific.”

https://www.cbr.com/infinity-war-thanos-noble-motivations/

Also for the battle forum crowd (you might already be aware of this):

“What do you do with the mad that you feel?” the description from Entertainment Weekly reads. “If you’re Thanos, you use the purple and blue Infinity Stones to rip a moon out of orbit and hurl it against the ground like a dinner plate. While fans have speculated that this may be devastation on Xandar, where the Nova Corps was guarding the purple power stone from the Orb, Marvel tells EW this shot is actually on Titan, the ruined home world of Thanos.”

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-infinity-war-thanos-titan-moon/

Also an explanation what the avengers are doing in Wakanda (The Soul Stone isn't there apparently)

“Cap makes the decision to bring [Vision] here to Wakanda,” director Anthony Russo told Entertainment Weekly. “Earth is making its last stand to keep the stone from Thanos. It’s the best place to make your last stand.”

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-infinity-war-wakanda-role-revealed/

Here is the rest of the article. They've also teased someone is going to die (but it hasn't been confirmed)

http://ew.com/movies/2018/03/08/avengers-infinity-war-behind-the-scenes/3/

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HA! Thanos is different from the comics. I'll see myself out ;-P

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0845740eb0b
deactivated-5b0845740eb0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting...

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently Bucky will go by White wolf from now on, starting in Infinity War.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

So Thanos with 2 infinity stones is a casual moon-buster, interesting. Regardless, this movie is going to be great.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HA! Thanos is different from the comics. I'll see myself out ;-P

I mean, it doesn't sound bad...

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda like it, want to see how they make it all play out.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda like it, want to see how they make it all play out.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Heatforce

@battle123axe: never said it did, just kidding and all that. Different universe so it's fine. That's why I never understood "not muh superman" complaints about the dceu. Prime earth superman is safe and sound in the prints, same for thanos.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: never said it did, just kidding and all that. Different universe so it's fine. That's why I never understood "not muh superman" complaints about the dceu. Prime earth superman is safe and sound in the prints, same for thanos.

fair enough

GoofTheFloof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope thanos is a universe buster by the end of the movie

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I hope thanos is a Multi universe buster by the end of the movie

Fixed. Also he needs to collapse the Multiverse and bring in the X-men, Deadpool, and F4 :P.

GoofTheFloof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mickey-mouse: i hope Thanos sneezes and blows up the entire solar system

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamora has her own group.

she leads Groot, Rocket and Thor somewhere.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

I love how Thanos is basically Jor-El.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

interesting. So I guess Hela isn't coming back as Mistress Death

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think that Mistress Death will appear in Avengers 4 after he aquires all of the stones. This is technically the same reason he aquired the Gauntlet and killed half of the Universe in the comics.

Anyway, I feel she will appear at that point because otherwise Thanos isn't really the true villain of the film, Mistress Death is. If our first on screen role for Thanos was him obsessing over a skeleton lady, I'd detract from his very complex character outside of the one attribute most casual comic readers know about him.

There has been too many hints of Mistress Death (the Walls on Morag, The Other joking around about it, Eternity (Death's brother) being name dropped). Plus all of the stuff that Josh Brolin said in regards to Thanos while filming the 4th Avengers film. I could be wrong, but I think it'd be rather silly to keep one of the largest aspects of a character out of the films. Contrary to popular belief, I don't think Death or the Abstracts are that hard or strange to cotton on to. I don't think death will be Hela either, because Hela doesn't really fit the same way as Mistress Death. She's also nowhere near as powerful as the Abstract.

Due to the Abstracts connection with the Infinity Stones, I feel that they'll appear once Thanos assembles the whole Gauntlet in Avengers 4.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebestofthebest: Well, throwing a Moon and being a Moon buster is two different things. That seems pretty comic book accurate considering the two stones we see in the Gauntlet when he does this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aa8a6c4d26f9
deactivated-5aa8a6c4d26f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds like it's shaping up to be an epic movie

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBeardOfZues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling that the Avengers wont reunite in this movie.

I don't even think Cap and co are going to meet Thanos in this movie.

IMO it's going to go down like this.

Thor and Guardians will face Thanos on Xandar

Hulk and The Secret Avengers will face the children of Thanos on Earth.

Tony and Strange will be the middle two, Strange will probably sense some cosmic thread and they'll head to xandar.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@thebeardofzues: Mhhhhh Nah on some of your points, cause they contradict what people in the cast and working on the movie have said, yes to other points.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that Mistress Death will appear in Avengers 4 after he aquires all of the stones. This is technically the same reason he aquired the Gauntlet and killed half of the Universe in the comics.

Anyway, I feel she will appear at that point because otherwise Thanos isn't really the true villain of the film, Mistress Death is. If our first on screen role for Thanos was him obsessing over a skeleton lady, I'd detract from his very complex character outside of the one attribute most casual comic readers know about him.

There has been too many hints of Mistress Death (the Walls on Morag, The Other joking around about it, Eternity (Death's brother) being name dropped). Plus all of the stuff that Josh Brolin said in regards to Thanos while filming the 4th Avengers film. I could be wrong, but I think it'd be rather silly to keep one of the largest aspects of a character out of the films. Contrary to popular belief, I don't think Death or the Abstracts are that hard or strange to cotton on to. I don't think death will be Hela either, because Hela doesn't really fit the same way as Mistress Death. She's also nowhere near as powerful as the Abstract.

Due to the Abstracts connection with the Infinity Stones, I feel that they'll appear once Thanos assembles the whole Gauntlet in Avengers 4.

Is it really the same motivation as the comics? It doesn't seem like mistress death will be in this movie....

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: Jor-El, HAHAHAHA, my thoughts exactly dude.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bobandjim1260

@jashro44:

Yeah, Mistress Death tasked Thanos with killing half the life in the Universe due to overpopulation messing with the natural balance of life and death. Everything about Thanos so far is comic book accurate. Mistress Death will likely not appear in this film, and will instead appear in the 4th Avengers film. Here is more on his character. https://www.themarysue.com/thanos-brolin-infinity-war-interview/

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 month to go .

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rogueshadow  Moderator

@amcu said:

1 month to go .

No Caption Provided

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Haha! That's the best thing I've seen all day. lol.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it´s possible that Thanos was afraid of Odin, and now he´s dead he comes to Earth?

Or we can discard that since Odin was never the protector of Earth?

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So it´s possible that Thanos was afraid of Odin, and now he´s dead he comes to Earth?

That would be pretty cool if Thanos mentions Odin saying something like now he's gone nobody can challenge me, just certify that Odin was a top dog in the mcu. And Thanos is going after the universe not just Earth so Odin would've got involved he is also a protector of the 9 realms which includes Earth anyways.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cool.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By phillip33

Ooooooohhhh boiiii

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rogueshadow  Moderator

@payneintheass said:

That would be pretty cool if Thanos mentions Odin saying something like now he's gone nobody can challenge me, just certify that Odin was a top dog in the mcu. And Thanos is going after the universe not just Earth so Odin would've got involved he is also a protector of the 9 realms which includes Earth anyways.

I think a low-key under current of some of the recent films have been the death of potential characters and groups that could threaten Thanos. Odin, The Ancient One, Asgard, the disbanding of the Avengers, death/abandonment of some of the top-tier sorcerers, scattering of S.H.I.E.L.D. etc. it all leaves Earth ripe for the taking.

Regarding Odin specifically, we'll see, but I do think that Odin would more than likely have beaten Thanos. In his old age it could have been less of a done deal, but prime Odin was more powerful than both Surtur and Hela, I think he'd have taken Thanos out fairly decisively in universe. Even as an old man he could decimate Thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
deactivated-5c60dc252a2af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Thanos would succeed in destroying half of the Universe like he did in the comics.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PayneInTheAss

@thorthunder98 said:
@payneintheass said:

That makes even more sense.

I guess we could add The Ancient One death too, not to forget the Collector's home base was destroyed and he is on the move.

Basically Thanos waited for this moment where the majority of the stones are at their most vunerable

I don´t know if I like this , but seems apropiate.

EDIT - Yeah, basically what @rogueshadow posted first

TheNoobStomper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its really not that complicated. Comic book Thanos is far from relatable. Adding some sort of solid backstory is a good move, and this (wanting to save your people but eventually failing to do so) is a quite good one, considering that what he wants to do is for the BENEFIT OF OTHERS, as well as himself.

Him moonbusting with 2 stones is like the easiest thing ever. He has the space stone which allows for teleportation and the power stone which can virtually crack a planet open in a seconds. Through the space gem you affect the planet with the purple one, and then using the blue one you bring the fragmented pieces to your location as projectiles.

Obviously Vision gets taken to Wakanda after Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive fail at retrieving the mind stone from him, so Cap considers Wakanda the safest place for him to be, which is not wrong.

This is nothing new. You can piece as much from the trailers. Proxima and Glaive go to New York for Vision on this flying ring ship, meanwhile Spidey, Strange, Tony etc. go after the spaceship which is returning to Titan, which is where they run across the Guardians, Hulk is teleported to Earth by Loki before Thanos boards Thor's spaceship, Thor takes off with Groot and Rocket to forge his new hammer, so they are all absent during the events on Titan...Its all...in...the...trailers...nothing new....hope that i am wrong though.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@thorthunder98 said:
@payneintheass said:

I think a low-key under current of some of the recent films have been the death of potential characters and groups that could threaten Thanos. Odin, The Ancient One, Asgard, the disbanding of the Avengers, death/abandonment of some of the top-tier sorcerers, scattering of S.H.I.E.L.D. etc. it all leaves Earth ripe for the taking.

Regarding Odin specifically, we'll see, but I do think that Odin would more than likely have beaten Thanos. In his old age it could have been less of a done deal, but prime Odin was more powerful than both Surtur and Hela, I think he'd have taken Thanos out fairly decisively in universe. Even as an old man he could decimate Thor.

Yeaa that's true everything's been falling apart for all the things/people that could defend against him.

Yea I agree with that like Thor pretty much could not touch Odin and I feel like Thor might give Thanos some trouble in IW, I could see Odin taking Thanos out pretty decisively.

Avatar image for youshallnotpass
YouShallNotPass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamora dies apparently

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Thanos is the most ignorant villain yet. His comic counter part is so much better.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Thanos is basically DCEU Jor-El on Steroids.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Thanos is the most ignorant villain yet. His comic counter part is so much better.

How’s he ignorant?

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy6364 said:

How’s he ignorant?

For starters he sat on a fat ass on his floating lazyboy for 18 movies, before he finally got up just to say "I'll do it myself".

Second, destroying one-half of the universe doesn't save the other half.

Third, even if the logic was destroying half of life to control the other half in the hopes of forcing peace, It's still flawed. As there will be opposition and rebellions. Which is the opposite of peace.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a cliffhanger to end Infinity War on....."SNAP" and the screen fades to black.........roll credits! every few seconds in intervals you see lives snuffed out of reality as the credits keep rolling!!

No Caption Provided

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rogueshadow  Moderator
Loading Video...

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump since spoilers are out now(Don't tag me I don't them)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
deactivated-5c531e53b02be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos gets all stones he snaps and kills almost everyone.

They all start turning to Ashe and dying except for Tony, nebula, Cap, and few others.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e
deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just scrolled down instantly to the last, for not bumping into some heavy spoilers, while still trying to jump into spoilers thread only because I cannot resist!

WHAT SHOULD I DO!!