#1 Edited by bobandjim1260 (974 posts) - - Show Bio

The more news I see being released on the film, the more I think that the plot leaks for Avengers Infinity War are going to be true.

*****!!!!!!!!possible spoilers below! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!*****

#2 Posted by deltahuman (4969 posts) - - Show Bio

what leaks ?

#3 Posted by bobandjim1260 (974 posts) - - Show Bio

The original plan was for The Avengers: Infinity War to be divided into two parts, but Joe and Anthony Russo preferred a standalone movie.

****this was more or less already confirmed at the beginning of production*****

The Avengers: Infinity War centers on the Avengers trying to prevent Thanos from assembling the Infinity Gauntlet.

*****this is fairly obvious. First part will be getting the Gauntlet, second part will be Thanos with the Gauntlet*****

Thanos arrives on Earth to reclaim the Mind Stone from Vision and the Time Stone from Doctor Strange leading to a “vicious battle.”

*****there is already leaked footage online of a fight scene with Vision alongside Scarlet Witch******

Black Panther directly leads into The Avengers: Infinity War.

****alread confirmed****

The Avengers will still be split at the start of Avengers: Infinity War and will have to learn to work together to stop Thanos.

*****already confirmed*****

Heroes expected include: Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Winter Soldier, Black Panther and Doctor Strange.

****there are more but this is already confirmed*****

Guardians of the Galaxy arrive to help the Avengers in the third act of Avengers: Infinity War.

******James Gunn recently came out saying that The Guardians of the Galaxy have a rather small role in the film. As this is an Avengers Film. This rumor should be true*****

While the rumors don’t specifically mention Spider-Man, it’s speculated Spider-Man will be featured in some sort of New York battle.

******already confirmed that Spider Man is in the movie*****

Vision will die early in Avengers: Infinity War and the Mind Stone will be taken.

******Hinted at by the leaked footage that recently came out for Vision*****

Carol Danvers gets introduced as a soldier helping the Avengers fending off an attack from Thanos.

******Already confirmed*****

The movie ends with Thanos appearing to look defeated, but returns with a fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in Avengers 4.

******not confirmed but would make sense to end it this way. This is kind of how Thanos: Rebirth happened. Thanos fakes his death/defeat to draw off all suspicion******

Tom Hiddleston’s Loki will appear in Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers 4 as Thanos’ adviser (my note: Maybe taking the role of Mephisto from the comics?) while secretly conspiring against Thanos.

****while Loki hasn't been cast yet, I could see this happening. Although not entirely sure*****

Thanos will have a large army, the Deviants, to battle Earth and the Avengers.

****There have been a lot of casting calls that require makeup, but this is unknown at this point*****

Scarlet Witch will be pivotal in defeating Thanos.

*****this was stated by the Directors themselves*****

Rumored titles for Avengers 4: Thanos Imperative, Thanos War, Infinity Crusade.

****unknown*****

The Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers 4 conclude the stories from the previous phases of the MCU all the way back to Iron Man while planting the seeds for the next Marvel movies.

******confirmed******

Eva Green will play Mistress Death.

*****This is a rumor that has been going around for some time. Hela may take Death's spot however it is unknown as neither has been cast yet. Neither may appear at all until Avengers 4. Death is an actual entity in the MCU alongside Eternity, Infinity and Entropy as confirmed by Guardians of the Galaxy.******

Peter Dinklage will play either Pip the Troll or Eitri, the King of the Dwarves and creator of the Infinity Gauntlet.

******unknown as to who he will play. But there was a leaked picture showing him with red hair. Very similar to Pip the Troll. It could go either way though*****

The Black Order will appear as Thanos's personal strike force.

******it was stated that there is motion capture going on for some of Thanos's servant's. Heavily implied to be some rendition of the MCU's Black Order. The Other may have been a member of this elite group.********

#4 Posted by Havenless (2907 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of these aren't really confirmed, they're alluded to and people are filling in the blanks themselves to make it seem to fit.

#5 Posted by Farkam (12017 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want to see how weak-sauce they'll make Thanos.

#6 Posted by WeAreTheFlash (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam: He's gonna be weak enough for Captain America to cause him harm with his punches.

#7 Posted by Farkam (12017 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam: He's gonna be weak enough for Captain America to cause him harm with his punches.

Will he be a butthurt ineffectual comedy villain that slips on banana peels like Ultron?

#8 Posted by WeAreTheFlash (2051 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by N00beditor3 (411 posts) - - Show Bio

The Eva Green as Death thing never had any sort of validity. It was a popular fancast and some hack news site picked up on its popularity and decided to report it as a serious casting rumor.

Hela will be filling the Death role.

#10 Posted by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

So the entirety of Avengers: IF will be worthless because *gasp* Thanos is still alive and still does have the IG!?!?

Sounds stupid and untrue, it would effectively make Avengers: IF just a filler movie where nothing substantial happens and Thanos is introduced.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#11 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15364 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for don_higashikata
#12 Posted by Don_Higashikata (729 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:
@sanitrize1999 said:

Will he be a butthurt ineffectual comedy villain that slips on banana peels like Ultron?

Imagine if he's just this unstoppable force who is basically invincible. Like he shows up on Earth, the Avengers assemble, music comes on, Tony makes a few jokes and they attack but Thanos just no sells them all and takes what he wants and leaves, not even bothering to pay attention to his "attackers" in any way.

He was captured perfectly in GoTG, let's hope they don't mess up

#13 Posted by rogueshadow (29168 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want to see Tyrion Lannister verbally whipping the Avengers.

#14 Posted by DammeFavour (8289 posts) - - Show Bio

@don_higashikata: he didn't do anything other than act tough while sitting on a chair. Anyone can do that, even ronan did

#15 Edited by Perethorn (6289 posts) - - Show Bio

He will probably have trouble to fight several Avengers at the same time without the gauntlet

I call it.

Avatar image for don_higashikata
#16 Posted by Don_Higashikata (729 posts) - - Show Bio

@don_higashikata: he didn't do anything other than act tough while sitting on a chair. Anyone can do that, even ronan did

There was a lot to glean from the way he acted in that scene. He talked with total authority and seriousness, reducing the arrogant and proud Ronan to almost tears just by speaking to him. Compare, for example, Ultron talking in this scene with the way Thanos talks. Ultron's like an insecure comedian posturing around. Meanwhile Thanos is actually intimidating, or at least not doing stand up comedy.

Avatar image for lord_adamantium
#17 Edited by Lord_Adamantium (425 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleh, more cgi/mocap villains. BOO!

:(

#18 Posted by N00beditor3 (411 posts) - - Show Bio

They should have cast a real 10 foot tall purple guy with a big chin.

#19 Edited by bobandjim1260 (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@don_higashikata: I can agree that his appearance in the Guardians of the Galaxy was pretty intimidating. Although I feel that fans who only want to see his destructive power completely overlook his most dangerous aspect, his mind. If Thanos is to be portrayed right, he needs to be a highly intelligent schemer rather than some brawler. Sure it'll be fun to watch him smack around a couple heroes, but he can leave a lot of that up to The Black Order. I think that if he goes about gathering the Infinity Stones the same way he did in the comics, I'll find him far more of a threat than if he walked around beating everyone up.

#20 Posted by bobandjim1260 (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@n00beditor3: that is just as unconfirmed as Eva Green being Death. We won't know until we get the casting call. However, Mistress Death and other Abstracts do exist in the MCU as of Guardians of the Galaxy.

#21 Posted by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

He will probably have trouble to fight several Avengers at the same time without the gauntlet

I call it.

In the comics Thor gives him a run for his money by himself a few times. Hasn't iron man defeated thanos in the comics also??.

#22 Edited by Heatforce (5890 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord_adamantium said:

I don't get the complaint either. CGI is needed for some characters.

Avatar image for lord_adamantium
#23 Edited by Lord_Adamantium (425 posts) - - Show Bio

@n00beditor3 said:
@lord_adamantium said:

No but a 6'5" to 7'3" guy with facial prosthetics and minimal touch-up cgi like they did with Vision would have been awesome.

If they had hired a taller, more imposing, actor who had a deep voice to play Apocalypse it would have been great.

Thanos is only 6'7" fyi not 10 feet. (he is almost 600 lbs, yes, but a tall and muscular actor in armor would be fantastic)

The guy who played Vision is not actually crimson colored either and the guy who played Apocalypse is not really grey. I know shocking right???

If you are going to troll at least think your comments through.

Goodbye.

#25 Posted by Perethorn (6289 posts) - - Show Bio

@perethorn said:

I call it.

In the comics Thor gives him a run for his money by himself a few times. Hasn't iron man defeated thanos in the comics also??.

Thor has nothing on Thanos. Only with the power of the Odinforce he stands a chance for wining

And the Iron Man instance... i don't recall it, i'm not sure if that even happened, and if it did, it will most likely be PIS

#26 Edited by bobandjim1260 (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@chris-sama: The only times Thor has ever given Thanos any trouble is when he has been amped. The first time he wore a bunch of power armor and defeated Thanos, which turned out to be an inferior clone of Thanos. The second time was when Thor had the power gem. Thanos ended up winning but they were trading powerful blows. Beyond that, Thor has never defeated nor came close to defeating Thanos on his own. Iron Man has never defeated the real Thanos, no. Unless you are referring to his first appearance where it was revealed at the end to be a Thanos robot instead of Thanos himself.

Considering we have characters like Vision, Scarlet Witch, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Wong, Mantis, Captain Marvel, Groot, Drax, Spiderman, Ant-Man, War Machine, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Black Panther, Peter Quill, Gamora, Nebula, Rocket racoon, Captain America, and the winter solider aka Bucky Barnes; I don't actually think even comic book Thanos could successfully defeat them all simultaneously. He could, and has, tossed around the heavy hitters on the team by himself before. But all of them combined against him without any amps would probably be in the teams favor. However, comic book Thanos would never allow it to get to that point anyway. He'd outmaneuver all of them, go straight for the power, defeat them all easily once he obtained it, then go on to once again challenge cosmic entities for the Universe. That's basically how he works in the comics. He doesn't mindlessly fight anyone.