Avatar image for lovecomicsloveanimelovegameslo
#1 Edited by LoveComicsLoveAnimeLoveGamesLoveToys (197 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#2 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7562 posts) - - Show Bio

Martha lives

#3 Posted by incursion2 (2101 posts) - - Show Bio

My hype has reached an all time high

#4 Edited by EmmaFrostXmen (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmfao Rotten Tomatoes lost all credibility after Captain Marvel when they deleted the want to see score. You can’t troll “want to see” because you just genuinely aren’t interested in a movie.

I’m glad it has a good rating though

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#5 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22862 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie is gonna be the new TLJ lol

#6 Posted by mrmonster (15633 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope I see it opening weekend.

#7 Posted by mexcomics2078 (2870 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Lan_Fan (15000 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll watch it on my own.

#9 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12218 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel wins again

#10 Posted by BalancedTruth (574 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard it’s awful. People are just hyped. It’s all just hype.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc746539ff3b
#11 Posted by deactivated-5cc746539ff3b (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

I love seeing the negative people saying it's going to be bad, we get it you're salty and have zero taste.

#12 Posted by RandomGuy287 (1202 posts) - - Show Bio

cool i'll watch it saturday

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#14 Posted by EternalDarkFury (1878 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont take RT seriously anymore but after seeing the non spoilers review from youtubers and media in general, I am extremely happy it got a great positive perception and gets me more hyped to see it.

#15 Posted by mrmonster (15633 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster: do you already bought your tickets?

No. I might have to work over the weekend, so I didn't want to buy my tickets in advance in case I can't make the time. I'm hoping that I can just find an available time and go.

#16 Edited by infamous5445 (436 posts) - - Show Bio

China loves it and critics love it so far.

#17 Edited by rem (2742 posts) - - Show Bio

This is Great!!!

Authough I dont care about it too much, the GA usually cares about RT so this will only help the box office even more.

The only problems are the controversial opinions on Thor, but I hear nebulas phenomenal so I’m stoked for that.

#18 Posted by mrmonster (15633 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

#19 Posted by jashro44 (53197 posts) - - Show Bio

You think so? I haven't read spoilers or seen many reviews yet but it seems to be another marvel movie from the few leaks I saw. More "big and epic" stuff. I think fans of the MCU will likely love this movie from what I know of it. I don't think its going to polarizing at all.

#20 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22862 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

You think so? I haven't read spoilers or seen many reviews yet but it seems to be another marvel movie from the few leaks I saw. More "big and epic" stuff. I think fans of the MCU will likely love this movie from what I know of it. I don't think its going to polarizing at all.

From the reaction to the spoilers I read on Reddit, yeah it's likely gonna be another TLJ. There are people refusing to believe the spoilers until they see one of the videos as proof.

#21 Posted by mrmonster (15633 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#22 Posted by Mike_Fowler (5087 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: people were doing the same thing for IW, in particular that sub where the spoilers are currently at. Like, it was practically to the exact same tune.

Just something to keep in mind

#23 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22862 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: people were doing the same thing for IW, in particular that sub where the spoilers are currently at. Like, it was practically to the exact same tune.

Just something to keep in mind

It's entirely possible they're overreacting for sure.

#24 Posted by Archangel01 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

It will sit between 80-85

#25 Posted by Mike_Fowler (5087 posts) - - Show Bio

@archangel01: it’s at 96% after about 101 reviews

It’s sticking in the 90s

#26 Posted by ByondEon (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

@emmafrostxmen: They removed the troll reviews, not the actual reviews. Rotten Tomatoes only deal with real reviews. When your sole purpose is to troll, and not do a serious review of the film, they will delete the reviews. You should know this.

The anti-SJW's are insane nowaday. If I had the gauntlet, I would snap all the anti-SJW's and reactionaries away, Thanos style (comic snap that is)

#27 Posted by Lan_Fan (15000 posts) - - Show Bio

My mom hated it.

#28 Edited by Lan_Fan (15000 posts) - - Show Bio

@byondeon:

The anti-SJW's are insane nowaday.

Don't you feel like it's the same case with the SJW extrimists themselves? Especially the fake/hypocrite SJWs who are doing stuffs just to attract the leftists. Or people who blame all of their failures on racism and sexism without trying to look into themselves, and actually trying to be better. Also, an SJW who blames natural disasters because America elected Trump.

If you feel like debating politics, you could always go to the politic thread in Off-Topic forum, btw. Just so you know.

You're interesting. Instead of wanting to snap away ISIS, Al-Qaeda, suicide bombers, or any type of terrorist, you choose the anti-SJWs just because they're hating on an MCU movie.

#29 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

@byondeon: No they removed the “want to see” score. That’s them asking people if you will go to see a movie. Some Fans started saying their opinion about not wanting to watch Captain Marvel. So Rotten Tomatoes deleted the option.

Also some of the review they deleted were just people that didn’t like the film not “trolls”. They are taking away some people right to dislike film

#30 Posted by TobyMaguire (447 posts) - - Show Bio

@emmafrostxmen: Isnt want to see score stupid? Why would people who are not interested go to RT page of a movie that they are not interested? Realistically wouldn't Shazam, Dumbo, Hellboy not interested score be higher than Captain Marvel judging by box office performance.

#31 Posted by deactivated-5cc746539ff3b (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

@emmafrostxmen: it was clearly being effected by trolls, Shazam had a higher want to see rating yet it's not seen a larger amount of times.

#32 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

@xyzen: @tobymaguire: Yes I agree some people were trolls, but you can’t dismiss every negative review as “trolls” which is exactly what Rotten Tomatoes did.

Captain Marvel was a severely mediocre film and it deserved “some” negative reviews

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#33 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (17681 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

I'm with buttersdaman on this one. This is not going to be as universally beloved as the first Avengers, Infinity War or even The Winter Soldier. I personally loved it, but this will be a polarising movie (between fandom at least. I think general audiences will universally love it).

#34 Edited by TobyMaguire (447 posts) - - Show Bio

@emmafrostxmen said:

@xyzen: @tobymaguire: Yes I agree some people were trolls, but you can’t dismiss every negative review as “trolls” which is exactly what Rotten Tomatoes did.

Captain Marvel was a severely mediocre film and it deserved “some” negative reviews

We are not talking about reviews but want to see to see score! Why would people who are not interested go to RT page of the movie that they are not interested?

#35 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobymaguire: Bevause it’s a function on the website. If your not interested in a film and you want to voice your opinion you can vote.

#36 Posted by ByondEon (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

@emmafrostxmen: I only commented on why they removed the reviews. And no, they didn't remove a legitimate review. They only removed reviews that was written by trolls to troll.

#37 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (9376 posts) - - Show Bio

nice

#38 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

@byondeon: It’s not possible to only delete troll reviews, because sure some of them are obviously trolls, but some are just people saying it’s a shitty film (which is an opinion)

#39 Posted by TobyMaguire (447 posts) - - Show Bio

@emmafrostxmen: Then why didn't other movies like Shazam get more not interested votes than Captain Marvel. Why did Captain Marvel get more votes than freaking Endgame? Nothing adds up about that score.

#40 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobymaguire: It does add up. More people didn’t want to see it and felt they needed to voice their opinion.

Like I said some were trolls, and some were real

#41 Posted by ByondEon (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

@emmafrostxmen: All I said was that the reviews that was removed was only the troll reviews..

#42 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

@byondeon: They weren’t though. They removed negative reviews and troll reviews because there was no difference between the two. Is someone says “the movie is boring”, how are you supposed to know whether it’s a troll or just a negative review

#43 Posted by ByondEon (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

@emmafrostxmen: They only removed troll reviews. They might have removed a serious review, but that would have been ONLY if it came across as a troll..

#44 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

@byondeon: Saying the movie is boring and bad is t a troll review it’s an opinion, but they deleted comments like those. I don’t agree with trolls or Rotten Tomatoes tbh both were wrong

#45 Posted by deactivated-5cc746539ff3b (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

@emmafrostxmen: half the comments they deleted where posted before the GA had a chance to see the movie, and people bragged about review bombing it, not all bad reviews are trolls but a lot was.

#46 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

@xyzen: I personally think both sides were wrong

#47 Posted by byrd42 (793 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I have not seen Endgame yet, but it having a RT score 12 points higher than Infinity War actually tells me that it is inferior to Infinity War (and possibly by a large margin). I have zero faith in Rotten Tomatoes critics.

#48 Posted by BalancedTruth (574 posts) - - Show Bio

@byrd42: both are garbage

Rotten Tomatoes is biased against Dc Nad loves Marvel I don’t trust them. I use other sources like my own eyes.

#49 Posted by Mike_Fowler (5087 posts) - - Show Bio

@balancedtruth: “biased against DC”

Shazam and Aquaman just released, along with Wonder Woman in 2017 and the entire Dark Knight Trilogy, can we drop this “THEY’RE BIASED AGAINST DC” crap?

#50 Posted by BalancedTruth (574 posts) - - Show Bio

@mike_fowler: okay 6 movies versus all the crappy MCUs who got a pass.