Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Canceled?!

• 118 results
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

WHAT THE F^{>?!?!?!?!

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By tonis

so they're going to take the show that doesn't suck and replace it with one like a show that does suck.

Those decision making guys are just geniuses when it comes to making the worst possible choices.

It's a shame, Avengers & Young Justice are two of the most impressive cartoons to come out in a long time, I guess now I'll just look forward to Young Justice.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

That site has a very low rate of accuracy so wait till it comes from a more reliable source

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Strider1992

@joshmightbe said:

That site has a very low rate of accuracy so wait till it comes from a more reliable source

This.

Although if they did do what they say it wouldn't surprise me as Ultimate Spider-man is quite heavily integrated into the Marvel universe. It's a shame really, since my opinion of USM is not very high. Hopefully Taskmasters appearance may appease me!

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By karrob

@joshmightbe said:

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Spectacular Spider-Man all over again 

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

I highly doubt they'd be even considering cancelling EMH at this point and if the movie is half as successful as what they're projecting then there's no way in hell they'd cancel the show. Spiderman is the more likely of the 2 to get the boot honestly considering the critical response and the fact that people are just generally more excited Avengers than Spiderman right now

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@spiderbat87 said:

Spectacular Spider-Man all over again

Hah! Very happy to see I'm not alone in severely missing Spectacular Spider-Man. It really was an excellent show.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@joshmightbe said:

I highly doubt they'd be even considering cancelling EMH at this point and if the movie is half as successful as what they're projecting then there's no way in hell they'd cancel the show. Spiderman is the more likely of the 2 to get the boot honestly considering the critical response and the fact that people are just generally more excited Avengers than Spiderman right now

Reading the article it sounds like something they would do, that way it would be made fully by Marvel
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@joshmightbe said:

I really want to believe this. Not to mention that in the article it's mentioned at the beginning that the show...

is being met with a tremendous positive response.

Plus later on down in the article, Jeph Loeb himself states that the show has...

a tremendous following.

So I really don't see what logic would make Marvel cancel the show in favor of USM, which really holds nothing compared to EMH.
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@k4tzm4n said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Hah! Very happy to see I'm not alone in severely missing Spectacular Spider-Man. It really was an excellent show.

I'v been crying on the inside since the day the last episode aired
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Gambit1024

I'll believe it once I see an executive from Marvel say it. There's no way that they'd cancel it now. Especially with the movie coming so close. 

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By X35

>:(

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

aaaaaaaaand

Marvel sucks

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By danhimself

if it's true then that really sucks on Marvel's part...why not just make a Spider-man show that is inline with EMH????

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By joshmightbe

don't worry until a reputable site posts it

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Gambit1024 said:
I'll believe it once I see an executive from Marvel say it. There's no way that they'd cancel it now. Especially with the movie coming so close. 
They would if they thought it would be more beneficial to have a shared universe with there cartoons also it would then be fully produced by Disney 
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@danhimself said:

if it's true then that really sucks on Marvel's part...why not just make a Spider-man show that is inline with EMH????

That's what I was wondering. It would make more sense to have a Spider-Man show follow up to the already successful Avengers show instead of it being the other way around.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gambit1024
@spiderbat87 said:
@Gambit1024 said:
They would if they thought it would be more beneficial to have a shared universe with there cartoons also it would then be fully produced by Disney 
So what? They cancel a thriving show, just to make another one (which if it's anything like Ultimate Spider-Man) that kind of blows? Call me naiive or stubborn,I'm not buying it just yet. 

@danhimself said:

Another reason why I think the article's BS. It makes no sense. 
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Gambit1024 said:
@spiderbat87 said:
@Gambit1024 said:
So what? They cancel a thriving show, just to make another one (which if it's anything like Ultimate Spider-Man) that kind of blows? Call me naiive or stubborn,I'm not buying it just yet. 

@danhimself said:

Another reason why I think the article's BS. It makes no sense. 
Well that's happened already, popular Spectacular Spider-Man was cancelled to make way for Ultimate Spider-Man
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Primmaster64

The F*ck?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gambit1024
@spiderbat87: Wasn't that a rights issue? Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine and the X-Men happened just before Disney partnered with Marvel. I assumed Disney bought those rights with it, and the other shows had to cancel to make way for Disney versions. 
Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Icon

@tonis said:

so they're going to take the show that doesn't suck and replace it with one like a show that does suck.

Those decision making guys are just geniuses when it comes to making the worst possible choices.

It's a shame, Avengers & Young Justice are two of the most impressive cartoons to come out in a long time, I guess now I'll just look forward to Young Justice.

All of this.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@X35 said:

>:(

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By joshmightbe

@spiderbat87: No that was cancelled because Sony lost their TV rights to Spiderman, while EMH is produced by Marvel Studios which is own by Disney and airs on a Disney network and receiving great ratings and critical approval so there is literally no logical reason for them to do this. You can accuse Disney of a lot of things but they know how to make money so odds are they ain't touching the show while it's still bringing in an audience and aside from that USM has been on the air for 3 weeks and has yet to prove it can hold it's audience while EMH is in season 2 and still holding strong.

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MrMiracle77

With the second season started, EMH is headed towards the magical syndication number.  Have heart, they may adjust the show under a new title.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@joshmightbe said:

@spiderbat87: No that was cancelled because Sony lost their TV rights to Spiderman, while EMH is produced by Marvel Studios which is own by Disney and airs on a Disney network and receiving great ratings and critical approval so there is literally no logical reason for them to do this. You can accuse Disney of a lot of things but they know how to make money so odds are they ain't touching the show while it's still bringing in an audience and aside from that USM has been on the air for 3 weeks and has yet to prove it can hold it's audience while EMH is in season 2 and still holding strong.

Well it says in that article that EMH was being produced before Disney got the rights so I can see them scrapping it after the second season to make way for one they can do them selves. All this wont happen until next year when the film has been done and dusted,
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#29  Edited By PrinceIMC

I thought that was the point of Ultimate Spider-Man, to be in the same universe as EMH. They can't cancel EMH now and redo another new Avengers series. Don't they all exist in the same universe? Hell I want Wolverine and the X-Men to come back and we can have three awesome Marvel shows in the same universe....though I've only seen the first episode of Ultimate Spider-Man.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By joshmightbe

@spiderbat87: It was being produced by Marvel Studios meaning when Disney bought Marvel they got control of the company that was producing so the show is currently completely under Disney's control as is so again I say there's no logical reason to cancel it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cattlebattle

Marvel is terrible at managing its alternative media...DTVs, cartoons, motion pictures....nothing memorable from the past decade and a half.

While I think Avengers is kind of lack lust, it is way better than most things involving Marvel characters, definitely better than Ultimate Spider-Man so far

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By joshmightbe

Disney owns Marvel Studios lock, stock and barrel, Marvel Studios was producing EMH on its own before Disney acquired them so when Disney bought Marvel and by association, Marvel Studios the acquired full right and control of everything the company was producing at the time including EMH therefore there are no rights issues, they aren't paying another company to air the show because the own the sole production company behind the show.

BurningDoom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By BurningDoom1

I hope this is nothing more than an unfounded rumor as some have suggested. That's the best animated show on T.V. right now. Hell, it's the best animated comic series, other than Justice League, as far as I'm concerned.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheAnnihilator

First the incredibly likely death of Nick Fury and now this. I was beginning to think that Marvel could do no wrong again. Why?! Why torture your devoted fans in such a way?!

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By texasdeathmatch

After reading what Loeb says...I don't think I like him at all.

Love how every bullsh*t decision has to be "top secret".

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#36  Edited By TheCannon

Dear God, no!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By joshmightbe

@TheAnnihilator: Other than the article in the OP from a notoriously unreliable site I have heard nothing about this so until further notice I'm calling Bullsh!t

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By Deranged Midget

@k4tzm4n said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Ok... I apologize to everyone in advance but Marvel F#*%^ED UP A F*#@&%(@*%GAIN!

Words cannot describe the anger that is coursing through me right now. First they cancel my favourite super-hero show of all goddamn time and now THEY DO THIS SH!T!?!? And worst of all... IN FAVOUR FOR ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN!

GOD F%!&*!&^@ DAMN IT!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By danhimself

@PrinceIMC said:

I thought that was the point of Ultimate Spider-Man, to be in the same universe as EMH. They can't cancel EMH now and redo another new Avengers series. Don't they all exist in the same universe? Hell I want Wolverine and the X-Men to come back and we can have three awesome Marvel shows in the same universe....though I've only seen the first episode of Ultimate Spider-Man.

Ultimate Spider-man and Avengers: EMH aren't set in the same universe

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@joshmightbe: I'm hoping it's not true, but if they replace Nick Fury with his "son" in 616 I will be so frustrated. I will buy the entire DC New 52 line up.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BatteredArmor

@primepower53 said:

aaaaaaaaand

Marvel sucks even more than they did before I knew about this but they still sucked before hand as well, just to a significantly lesser extent

fixed

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I am surprised to hear that. I thought that show was pretty popular

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PrinceIMC
@danhimself said:

@PrinceIMC said:

I thought I read that somewhere, but I guess it was just Wolverine and the X-Men and Avengers: EMH that are in the same universe.
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By danhimself

@PrinceIMC said:

@danhimself said:

@PrinceIMC said:

I thought I read that somewhere, but I guess it was just Wolverine and the X-Men and Avengers: EMH that are in the same universe.

along with the Hulk vs. stuff

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#45  Edited By TheCannon

@danhimself said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@danhimself said:

@PrinceIMC said:

And Thor: Tales of Asgard

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By X35

How much longer before someone sets up a petition that won't achieve anything?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By danhimself

@TheCannon said:

@danhimself said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@danhimself said:

@PrinceIMC said:

And Thor: Tales of Asgard

also true

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48  Edited By Deranged Midget

@X35 said:

How much longer before someone sets up a petition that won't achieve anything?

If I wasn't so clouded by rage, I would've done it by now.

Fianna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Fianna

Ultimate Spider-Man boycott now.

Fianna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Fianna

let's all send this message on twitter:

MR. @BRIANMBENDIS, MR. @yost, DO NOT ALLOW LOEB TO CANCEL AVENGERS: EMH. #savetheavengersemh