Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Thor-Parker

These are reviews from IMDB.

- Yes, the Avengers Age of Ultron is a dream come true. This is exactly the sequel to a great film that we have been dreaming about. It's superb on every single level. It honestly has no real flaws that I could see. How great does a movie have to be given the inherent difficulties in making a film like this in the first place? Writer/director Joss Whedon did an admirable job of balancing the screen time of the sprawling and expanding cast.

As for the new characters, I loved what they did with The Vision and how they did it. The Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver — aka, Pietro and Wanda Maximoff are amazing as well. Wanda's psychic powers are much more complicated and empathetic then I expected them to be. What I love about Wanda is that she physically goes through emotional trauma when she uses certain powers and we as the audience go with her on that emotional journey. Like just about everything this film, that really packs a punch.

Marvel's done a great of making its superhero movies about the title characters more than the villains. In both team films now, the bad guy has stepped up and been phenomenal. Both films delivered true treats. This movie actually tops the first in scope and drama and that's in no small part to a superb villain. I feel that Ultron tops any bad guy since Darth Vader himself. His presence, manipulation and motivation leads to the best action sequences ever put to film. It also leads to an intriguing story and remarkable performances as this fine cast is allowed to flex their emotional muscles as well as their superhero muscles.

I can say without hesitation that movies just don't get better than this one sequel or otherwise.

- Avengers age of Ultron is by far the best Marvel movie to date. It has all the elements of the first movie, but steps it up in the action, character and dialog. I went into this movie with very unrealistically high expectations. So when I saw this movie, I was very worried but excited.

All the cast from the previous Avengers movie all reprise their roles. Robert Downey Juinor was amazing as Ironman. Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth were both great as Captain America and the mighty Thor. Scarlett Johanson was brilliant as Black Widow and was even more bad-ass in this movie, than any of her other films. Her role was substantially bigger this time around. This can also be said about Hawkeye, who's role was way bigger in this movie. In fact, Hawkeye even has some of the best lines and the best action sequences. Mark ruffilo was once again amazing as Hulk and Bruce Banner. The one character that stole the show, would be James Spader. He embodies an evil AI robot perfectly. He can be really calm and yet menacing and sometimes he can be full of rage and anger. Aron Taylor Johnson and Elisibeth Olsin are also a great new edition to the marvel universe. The scarlet Witch character has a big part in the film also.

The action has been dialed up and the set pieces are bigger and better. The cgi can seem a little off at times, but other than that, it looks fantastic.

The movie also spends time on the relationships and past of some characters, which leads to some great character moments. This is much more emotional, than the first movie. I would defiantly say that this movie is better than the first Avengers Movie!

- The humor, angst and drama are remarkable for a superhero film. In fact, most will consider them remarkable for any type of movie. I can't think of a weak moment in the film, as it is strong from beginning to end.

Anyone doubting that this entire cast (new and old) couldn't work well together or that characters would be cheated out of screen time need not worry. EVERYONE gets to shine. Downey as well as Evans are Oscar caliber good in this movie. (Setting up what has to be an amazing next installment in "Civil War") All the performances are straight to the point perfect. Hulk is again perfect in his CG transformation and Spader's Ultron uses his wonderful voice and mannerisms to perfection. Each new character is exquisitely cast and the old school guard has never been better. That includes RDJ as Tony Stark. We all loved what we've seen before from him and this evolution of Stark is even more intriguing. Elizabeth Olsen gives one of the best new character portrayals in recent years. People are going to want to see a LOT more of her Scarlet Witch in the future. Also, Jeremy Renner is finally given Hawkeye material worthy of his abilities and worthy of the character itself. He truly does steal more than one scene and has some of the best one-liners imaginable.

This easily fulfilled and the exceeded all of my expectations. I can't wait to see where they branch the Avengers team and concept from this point forward. There are so many great possibilities. This really is everything anyone would want in a movie. It delivers everything I had hoped to see and quite a bit that I didn't even think possible.

- Let's just get straight to point here, Avengers Age of Ultron is the best marvel movie to date. You can make a strong argument for it being the best superhero movie of all time. Yes it's really that good.

The plot line was very intriguing. It was far from the cliché superhero story. The script was funny and very witty. Joss Whedon did a wonderful job, it's a shame that he won't be directing the next 2 avengers films. The only upside is that he will be still there as a producer for phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This story really sets up phase 3 and one of the most anticipated movies of 2016, Captain America: Civil War. My one regret in terms of the story is that it could be slightly longer, even though the entire film ran smoothly. I would have still liked to see more of the movie, I guess we will have to wait for the DVD release to see some extra scenes.

All the actors, unsurprisingly, played their roles superbly. Robert Downey jr again played the genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, which we all love. This performance just adds to the argument that he is Iron Man. Chris Evan always brings a sense of honesty and heart to the role of Captain America. Scarlet Johansson again showed us that a male isn't the only one who can be a badass that young boys look up to. Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Samuel L Jackson, Jeremy Renner, Cobie Smulders, Paul Bettany, Don Cheadle and Anthony Mackie all reprised their roles wonderfully and each one of them added an extra dimension to their character. The newcomers Thomas Kretschmann, Andy Serkis, Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson were all great additions to the already extremely talented and lively cast. However the newcomer that stole the show was clearly James Spader. His intimidating robotic voice really brought the character to life and added sense of realism, in an otherwise unbelievable character. He brought our future fears (from terminator) of an AI trying to wipe out humanity. Marvel are not known for their memorable super villains, in fact they're known for the opposite of this, but this villain is up there with Loki, Ultron is one of the more terrifying and surprisingly relatable/understandable villains in the MCU. The cast really gel well as a unit and you'll be thinking that these actors grew up with each other, after you've seen the movie. The chemistry between everyone holds the film together.

The action in the movie, let's just make this quick, was mind blowing. For anyone who's seen the trailers, you will already know that the action shown was amazing. For any of you that think that they've showed too much or every action piece, from the movie, in the trailers, you couldn't be more wrong. When you watch the movie you'll notice that the action scenes are orchestrated beautifully and that every character has upped their game since the last time we saw them on screen, especially Captain America. This is a big budget movie and this is clearly shown in the stunts and the action sequences. The movie was shot all over the world this time and that helps to show that these group of people don't just fight for one nation but the world. The locations were beautiful and i will always prefer a real natural set over a green screen.

This movie was a fantastic treat to watch and it's really a shame that this movie wasn't longer, so that we could all enjoy it for 20-30 minutes more. I had high expectations coming into the theatre and when I left, I was more than satisfied. This movie will be enjoyed by people of all ages, it's got cool action for the kids and the plot is more than interesting enough to hold the attention of the adults. This movie delivers on all levels and can be considered as one of the best, if not the best movie of all time. It's clearly the best movie in the past few years. P.S. Stay for after the movie ends for a treat for phase 3.

- Tony Stark wants to invent something that benefits mankind but instead turns out to be the one responsible for the creation of this dangerous self thinking robot, Ultron. The Avengers must assemble once again to fight this menace that wants to kill all the humans on this planet. But Ultron is powerful and the way he is presented makes you wonder how our heroes can defeat him. Just you wait and see...

What I liked best about Age of Ultron was the fact that all our favorite heroes get equal screen time to show of what they can do. Although the action scenes are great (Iron Man in the Hulkbuster versus Hulk!) the thing that really makes this movie work is the interaction between all the people involved. Stark and Banner, Banner and Black Widow, Hawkeye and Black Widow, Thor and Captain America... like in real life you can see with whom each of them get along best. It's also nice to see that Hawkeye gets a lot of screen time. He even gets the most interesting background story of the bunch. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch make a great addition to the team (sort of) and there are a lot more cameos in the movie (although I don't think anybody spotted Lou Ferrigno!).

The movie runs about two and a half hours and that's pretty long. It could have been a little bit shorter, but overall I didn't mind. With great action scenes (pay attention to the opening action sequence in which he introduces the Avengers in one mighty shot!), nice humor, a lot of cameos and a satisfying finale writer/director Joss Whedon has everything under control and that pays of.

This year (2015) The Avengers Age of Ultron will shatter all box office records and that will be a fitting reward for giving most Marvel fans and 'normal' moviegoers this big treat. Even Pixar slipped (with Cars 2 and Brave) so everybody's waiting for Marvel to produce a real stinker. Although that day may come, The Avengers part 2 is not the movie that will be responsible for do that!

- I just want to get to the point, this movie is outstanding. This will most likely be the biggest movie of 2015. This is a great movie for those enjoy who action, suspense, and awe worthy moments. This was unbelievably better then the first and I had my doubts but of course Marvel blew me away. I can not even think of one bad thing to say honestly, Marvel knows what to do and how do to do it. If you are a Marvel fan you need to see this movie. I will admit I was a bit upset when I found out Loki/ Tom Hiddleston would not be in this one but Ultorn delivered an amazing performance as well. Get your tickets and get your friends, family, or both because you are in for a huge surprise.

- Soon after the first Avengers film was released, I could not wait for a sequel, and finally it's here, and it's all I could have hoped for. They're back with a few new additions, and finally a worthy(my favorite villain in the comics) foe, Ultron an AI bent on destroying humanity, at the same time putting the team in despair.

I'll start with some of the nitpicks. This is very rare, but I think Age of Ultron could have used an extra 10-15 minutes. Whedon in an interview stated he cut out some back story for the twins, which I think was a mistake, I wasn't particularly fond of them in the beginning, but as the film progressed they grew on me a lot. This time around Whedon brings a butt-load of action, and better action I might add, but while in the first film there were moments that lasted too long to take a breather from the action, in Age of Ultron he doesn't allow us a moment to catch our breath too often, very sporadically.

But, he finds away to keep things interesting. Barely shorter than the first film, it's still a long film regardless and it does not feel like it. This time around Whedon allows The Avengers to be The Avengers. They're together a lot more and their dynamic and relationship is a joy to watch. The original six, Downey Jr., Evans, Hemsworth, Ruffalo, Johansson, and Renner are all fantastic. Johansson's Black Widow and Renner's Hawkeye in particular have quite an impressive arc in this film and an argument can be made that Hawkeye is the main character, there's also a brilliant, fun tongue in cheek moment he has with Scarlet Witch. Also he got the best lines in the film aside from James Spader who by the way is an excellent villain. Ultron in this film has a personality. He is a scene stealer and commands the screen every time he's in it. I'd also like to mention that Samuel L. Jackson and Cobie Smulders serve their roles well, but in a populated film like this they're roles are obviously reduced a bit, and to my surprise Don Cheadle's War Machine finally gets some action.

The new additions Elizabeth Olsen, Aaron Johnson, and Paul Bettany are solid and only bring extra flare into the film's ingredients. Scarlet Witch is quite well realized, a little more than Quicksilver I might I add, and she is fun to watch and causes some inner damage to the team. Speaking of Quicksilver, Whedon wisely tries not to match or outdo the X-Men Quicksilver, and in doing so he's more grounded and a little more developed than Singer's, who just used him for an impressive sequence. Paul Bettany's Vision is also another scene stealer. He was incredible in the film, and as a last minute surprise he does not disappoint. Vision is arguably one of my favorite characters growing up and Whedon works him into the film the way I'd hope it be. Kudos to Whedon.

I mentioned the action before in my nitpicks, but the action here is top notch and Whedon finds a way to keep you focused. A lot of teamwork is involved in almost every action set piece and you feel what's at stake as the team also takes cue to actually save civilians. It's just a fireworks of action displayed on screen and the scale of it is so very impressive. Hulkbuster vs Hulk in particular is a standout sequence, as does everything that has to do with Vision. But aside from the action, Whedon manages to juggle every single character and somehow make them as relevant as they can be, some obviously more than others, but it's just amazing to see it all unfold. He understands these characters as the heavy moments work well and he never forgets the heroes' humanity. There are also hints to films in the future, but they don't saturate the main plot, but enough to keep you aware.

Thanks to Kevin Feige and his crew, the MCU has come so far since the first Iron Man in 2008, and Joss Whedon had an incredible challenge to make a sequel to the first film. I think one can argue that the novelty wore off a bit because in the first film, it was something that was never been seen before and as it was released it was, and I use the term "done already," and going into this sequel, it won't be able to recapture that magic of the first because "it's been done already."

I know I sound like I'm fanboying, and that's because I am(no apologizes), but if you overlook all that, the film is as good as it gets. It's almost impossible to make a movie like this and not have it feel repetitive. Not to mention, it's impossible to have so many characters and have a completely satisfying characterization for all of them, and I think in the hands of another filmmaker who not only writes, but also directs would more or less likely fail.

I gave the first film a 10/10, even with it's flaws, because of the sheer experience I had watching it. No film is ever perfect but it's more so that it entranced me to the point where I forget about everything else and I'm completely consumed by the film. I can tell you that in Age of Ultron I relived the same experience as I did with the first, even with some issues.

Ultimately Age of Ultron is a different film and in end that's why it works. We have truly been spoiled by the MCU. I think the Russo's and the writing team of Markus and McFeely are the prefect candidates to take over the glorious Avenger films, and no end-credits stinger, but stick around for the mid-credit scene. It's so good.

10/10

- First of all, marvel did it again a very nice job ! Thank you marvel ! This movie blow my mind. Even though there is quite a lot of talking, but the action and the special effect really amaze me ! Love the iron man fighting with the hulk, truly spectacular !

Very love the team spirit to fight off against the huge army enemy! Of course there is funny moments too ! There is no dull moment throughout the movie! Super exceed the part 1

I don't wish to say too much of this movie, anyway i gave this movie a big full10 out of 10 ! Hopefully there will be another sequel part 3 ! Oh and don't wait further, go watch inside the movie theater and it is worth the money !

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

7 out of 10 I liked parts of it, and disliked others. And, no. It's not the best Marvel movie.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

7-8/10

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Thor-Parker

Great movie, 9/10 for me.

- The action scenes are great. The slow motion parts are jaw dropping and Thor and Cap really shined, I would have liked if the fights Ultron vs Thor and Ultron vs Vision would have lasted longer, it would have been epic, but nonetheless, the action scenes were amazing.

- The story/plot was interesting, it kept me engaged and wanting to know what was going to happen next, I was really interested in everything that was happening.

- James Spader was amazing as Ultron, his voice was really scary and intimidating, he gave life to one of my favorite villains in such an amazing way.

- Excellent character interactions, Hawkeye really shined and his one liner was very funny, Black Widow and Banner´s relationship felt a little forced as to include romance in the movie, but their interactions were good and I wouldn´t mind if they stayed together.

- Ultron was a really good villain, he was very intimidating and menacing, I really don´t understand people´s complaints that he said too many jokes, he actually didn´t, he said just a few jokes and that´s it, most of the people I have seen that complain about Ultron are DC fans who don´t like the MCU. If you don´t like the MCU, I can understand you problems with Ultron and the movie in general, but if you like it (general audience love the MCU) Ultron is a great villain and the movie was amazing.

The whole theatre literally clapped when the movie ended, I had never seen that before.

And that post credit scene with Thanos taking the Infinity Gauntlet and saying "Fine, I´ll do it myself" was amazing.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Around 7,5/10 I guess. Not a bad film but nothing great either.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You can tell which reviews are biased and which are fair

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

5/10

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: Please do not post in my thread, all the comments I have seen from you are attacks towards Marvel and you are clearly a DC fanboy.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rpgesus

@thor_parker82: I like marvel a lot more than dc actually you can look through my comments and see how many times I criticize superman and batman only read marvel comics for the most part and that's why I hated the movie... ultron was seriously bad, black widow was on screen so much not doing anything... everything involving ultron was just fodder including himself and why did he have such horrible plans and execution? Felt rushed the whole time just a below average movie even the final fight scene was not that good.... really what's that good about it and lmao at saying if you criticize something you are just a fanboy of another company

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By those_eyes

7.5/10

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: Most of the comments I have seen from you are DC biased, and I understand if you didn´t like the movie but a 5/10 is just underrating.

Ultron is my second favorite villain, I have read pretty much every storyline involving him and I liked his portrayal, peope exaggarate with his jokes, he actually didn´t joke too much and was really menacing and scary. I agree he was really nerfed, I didn´t like that Steve wasn´t stomped by Ultron, but character wise, Ultron was amazing, this movie is a 9/10 for me.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: i guess we'll just agree to disagree ultron is my favorite villain (alongside Dr Doom) and i hated his portrayal so it ruined the movie for me. And i like marvel comics better because they have cooler street-levelers imo which makes for better comics and they have cooler cosmic characters like the annihilators but i day dream a lot and DC has more powerful characters that i would like to be like Black Adam, Green lantern, MMH so i like both

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@thor_parker82: I'm glad you liked it, man.

It's a really good film; just not as good as the first.

- TAS

Comickidd77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Comickidd77

Better than the first. The first was considered good because it was the first to ever do something like that. But at times it was cheesy an campy but a solid 8.5. Age of ultron in my eyes killed the first one. Way better overall. Booted avengers from my top marvel movie list

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Amazing. The film progressed really quickly, too quickly. It felt unfinished when it ended. I also HATED Bruce and Natasha. I know for a fact Incredible Hulk is canon and Betty is too! Other than those everything was awesome, the action especially.

tenten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got back from the theater and am thoroughly pleased. The complaints about not feeling as magical as the first are legitimate but I feel like this was a better movie than Avengers 1. I really enjoyed Ultron, was far less sarcastic than the previews led me to believe. Hawkeye was pretty fanstastic, I left the theater feeling like Captain America was in charge of the team but Hawkeye was the guardian/old man mentor of the group, was really well done. Vision was pretty much perfect and his birth scene did in fact capture the magic that I felt in some of the previous movies. The Hulk/Iron Man fight was awesome and I did enjoy the Stark/Banner scenes, they play off each other well. The credit scene also has me pretty jacked for what's to come.

One negative I have is it did feel short. That's hard being as it was a 2 1/'2 hour movie but it did feel like some of the plot points wanted to be longer but just had to be cut. The rumor of the Blu Ray having an extended cut are probably true.

All in all it would be somewhere between and 8 and a 9 for me. For me Guardians was the funnest Marvel movie, Avengers 1 felt the most epic and Winter Soldier was the best story. If I had a chart Ultron would be below each of them on their respective categories. It's not as fun as Guardians but is more epic, it's not as epic as Avengers 1 but is a better story and it is not a better story than Winter Soldier but is more fun. Hope that made sense.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Movie was pretty good though nothing ground breaking in my opinion. 7 out of 10.

They could really have done a better job explaining Ultron's motivations.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By righteous300

It was alright. It's like Call of Duty. It's fun and over the top action, but that's about it. Nothing really special or anything that wowed me. Just my opinion anyway.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole theatre literally clapped when the movie ended, I had never seen that before.

Do you live in the US? Because we do that all the time.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rag_man

Just saw it tonight! I thought it was great!!! Clearly tops the 1st one IMHO (note: just keep your expectations in check) I'd go 9/10

Criticisms:

There is SOOO much crammed in there making it kinda long and ALOT to absorb.

Also if I could do it again, as I probably will, DON'T bother to see it in 3D. The fast action I feel suffers in 3D making it kinda hard to see everything that is going on, giving a kind of flickering effect.

The vision just looked alittle out of place although he is cool and well done.

Highlights:

The Hulkbuster battle is incredible.

I really like how Ultron was handled.

Cap is a absolute BEAST.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Widow and Banner´s relationship felt a little forced as to include romance in the movie, but their interactions were good and I wouldn´t mind if they stayed together.

Felt natural to me.

Natasha was the one who found him in the first film, and the one who tried to talk him down when Hulk was let loose in the helicarrier. So it makes sense that she was basically designated as Hulk's handler, and from there it's easy to see how a romance would bloom. It really just felt like we skipped a step in the development of their relationship, but that's how it should be, seeing as how we joined the team far after we last saw them all in the first Avengers, (and after all the Phase 2 solo movies as well).

Plus, I think they had great chemistry, and the movie did an excellent job of making connections between the two characters that I wouldn't have even thought of.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8.5 out of 10 for me. I loved it a lot more than I expected too. I'd probably rank it at a tie for 3rd with GotG, behind Winter Soldier and Iron Man.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

7/10

Good, but not without its flaws. It was definitely overstuffed. They had WAY too much story to fit in 2.5 hours. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver suffered a lot because of this, and they were never really developed fully. They were cool characters with cool powers, but they went from villains to heroes very quickly, and went from Hydra pawns to Ultron pawns even quicker.

Speaking of Ultron he suffered greatly because of this as well. He was a cool villain, with an awesome voice, but never came across as super threatening. His creation was the greatest problem though, and he went from concept to reality in like 5 minutes. I REALLY wish they had foreshadowed Ultron in other MCU works before this. Maybe have had Tony mention the idea in Iron Man 3 or the first Avengers, or have Shield learn about it in Agents of Shield.

I had some other problems as well but they are spoiler heavy. On the other hand they really improved and expanded on Hawkeye in the movie which was appreciated. The action was great, and there were some really inspired shots. I loved some of the cameos from other MCU characters, and it really made it feel like a cohesive world.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6/10 Thor and Hulk were awesome but Ultron kinda sucked and i hoped for more.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BullPR

Saw it yesterday night with my wife. Going back tomorrow with my kids...

Life is tough...

:-)

More seriously: Not as fun as Avengers, not as finalized as Winter Soldier, not as good as DOFP.

It's an excellent action movie. A very good adaptation of an Avengers Comic Books. An average movie.

Overall, a good spectacle.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By lettsplay10

I rate it R

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: Well, sorry for calling you a DC fanboy.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7.5/10

Wasn't a huge fan of the Widow/Banner relationship or whatever the heck Thor was doing for most of the film. They had some good side plots and some bad side plots, but all in all it was a pretty good film.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:
@thor_parker82 said:

Do you live in the US? Because we do that all the time.

Really, you do that all the time ? Lame.

Just joking :)

I don´t live in the US, and I have never seen a whole theatre clapping at the end of a movie, so it must have meant that people really enjoyed it, because we really never clap at the end.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Thor-Parker

@thor_parker82: I'm glad you liked it, man.

It's a really good film; just not as good as the first.

- TAS

Agreed, it was very good, the second best in the MCU.

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was boring and Ultron was terrible. The fight scenes dragged, there were to many jokes and serious scenes were few and far between. 1/10. 2/10 at a stretch.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved how Wanda and Pietro were portrayed, some people complain that they didn´t have too much development, but I think they had more than enough, they explained to Ultron why they were joining him and things about their past, that´s more than enough for me. People don´t take into account that this is a movie focusing on more than 8 main characters, so I can understand they didn´t give too much screen time to the twins.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

I liked it alot.

All the new characters were awesome and the action was great.

Although i find it really irritating that Tony faced no consequences for nearly destroying the world.

Beata

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked it 7 out of 10 I don't know what that rates on other peoples scales, but to me that's really good. also if Joss had more energy it would have been much better and I think it was one of the better marvel movies but far from the best.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

9/10

What is wrong with you people?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994 said:

9/10

What is wrong with you people?

Most people here are saying it was really good, and I agree with you guys, this movie is a 9/10.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely a 9/10, 9.5 if I really wanna push it, it was an amazing movie, just saw it.

Avatar image for infinityomelette
InfinityOmelette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was good. Not great, but good.

The real villain in the movie was Tony Stark.

With that aside, they are competing against their own products. The last three for me that were in the "GREAT" category were:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy - everyone in this movie seemed to be having fun. The pop music tracks of yesteryear gave it charm. It was truly a joy to watch again and again.

2. Captain America: Winter Solider - This is a smart film where every main character gets to shine. The story flow and story telling are great, as were the triple A budget special effects.

3. Daredevil (Basically a 13 hour movie on Netflix) - Every character is likable in Daredevil. Even the ones who do dirty and nasty things. You see the human side in all of them and can empathize with all of them. The action is as heavy hitting as the ideas and philosophies of each of the characters.

Those were the last 3 marvel bits that really impressed me.

Age of Ultron is a good popcorn flick, in the vein of Transformers or Fast and Furious. :) Yes, there are some great moments. But as a whole, the movie felt like a collection of great moments strung together by extended Michael Bay inspired action scenes and character setting juxtaposition.

I'd give it a 7.5-ish out of 10.

With all of that said, I'ma go see it again tonight, cause well... it's an avengers movie and who would have thought 20 years ago, this would actually be a thing! ;)

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron was overated. With that being said it was a good movie.I didn't like the fact that Quicksilver & Scarlett Witch was enhanced humans.The movie overall was not better than TWS.

Too many jokes.People on this site over hyped the movie HARD!!Other than that it was kool.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron was very menacing up until he had to fight, which he proceeded to get stomped every time. Im not a Vision fan so he didnt make the movie for me like he may have for others. I dont know why but while he had some cool scenes I just dont like him in movie or comics. Hulk/Widow was aight but kinda awkward tbh. Thor wasnt in the movie if he wasnt hitting stuff. I could keep going but none of these are that big of a deal except for Ultron.

On a positive note Cap and Thor were awesome like they always are. Hulk v HBuster was amazing. Hawkeye was big in this movie and his one liners were great. I joked with my cousin how hes always injured but he still killed it. We got to see more of the selfish Tony and finally the Twins were great in the time they got.

Id give it 6.5-7/10. If Ultron would of had a scene where he is manhandling all of the avengers and would have stomped Cap and Iron Man when they fought then I would give it like a 9 just off that but he was so WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18