Posted by CyberpunkCop (2935 posts) 4 months, 16 days ago

Poll: Avengers 4 what are you more excited about story or action??? (31 votes)

Story 68%
Action 32%
#1 Posted by Super_ninja (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

both.

#2 Posted by FangDaNerd (1587 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Michaelbn (2338 posts) - - Show Bio

Story, anyone can make actions nowadays.

#4 Posted by ReaperTheGrim (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly action almost exclusively, the more I hear about timetravel theories and generic fanfiction plots the less interested I am in what seems to be a predictable movie.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#5 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15428 posts) - - Show Bio

Both.

I can’t have one without the other.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
#6 Posted by TheInsufferable (2594 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither

#7 Posted by biswaboxz (3642 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by Amcu (16274 posts) - - Show Bio

The action will relate to the story.

#9 Posted by Epicyon (866 posts) - - Show Bio

Idc about story I just want to see fighting, I want to see Hulk fight.

#10 Posted by CosmicMuffin (476 posts) - - Show Bio

I know for a fact the action in this movie will be nothing short of amazing. It’s the Russos. They directed Winter Soldier, Civil War and Infinity War, which all hold the MCU’s best action scenes.

That makes me more interested in the story. I have no idea what’s going to happen, how it will resolve, who will live, how it will start the next phase of the MCU, etc. My curiosity chooses story.

#11 Posted by The_Hajduk (5974 posts) - - Show Bio

All I care about is fEAtZzzz

#12 Posted by incursion2 (1888 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

Feats..

X

#15 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

World Breaker Hulk.

#16 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8038 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8038 posts) - - Show Bio

It takes talent to create good action sequences. Its not something anybody can just do.

#18 Posted by Michaelbn (2338 posts) - - Show Bio

It takes talent to create good action sequences. Its not something anybody can just do.

for a superhero "movie" and especially MCU which all you need is good guys punching bad guys and vice versa and if there's a green screen, just throw "random people", huge explosions, space ships and etc just as much as you can. If it takes talent to make good action scenes that magic belongs to the likes of Michael Mann.

#19 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8038 posts) - - Show Bio

@michaelbn:

for a superhero "movie" and especially MCU which all you need is good guys punching bad guys and vice versa and if there's a green screen, just throw "random people", huge explosions, space ships and etc just as much as you can. If it takes talent to make good action scenes that magic belongs to the likes of Michael Mann.

Fights aren't just that random. Like a song you can't just throw in random lyrics and chords and assume people will like it. There has to be buildup so a fight just gets more exciting the longer you watch it. There has to be something that looks cool and well choreographed and not just repetitive kicking and the such. It actually has to portray skill so people won't just be unentertained with a certain move they did. They also have to define character so fighting styles need to be distinguishable. There has to be passion as you make it too. People like Monty Oum are known for this and if its as easy as you say, there won't be any recognition for good fight choreographer/animators.

Michael Bay is known for explosions because of how much he overuses it but that doesn't make a fight scene good. That still takes talent to get the right camera angles and right amount of explosions otherwise. It takes talent to keep people entertained.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
#20 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24092 posts) - - Show Bio

both.

#21 Posted by Michaelbn (2338 posts) - - Show Bio

Fights aren't just that random. Like a song you can't just throw in random lyrics and chords and assume people will like it. There has to be buildup so a fight just gets more exciting the longer you watch it. There has to be something that looks cool and well choreographed and not just repetitive kicking and the such. It actually has to portray skill so people won't just be unentertained with a certain move they did. They also have to define character so fighting styles need to be distinguishable.

Michael Bay is known for explosions because of how much he overuses it but that doesn't make a fight scene good. That still takes talent to get the right camera angles and right amount of explosions otherwise.

and that's easy, we have tons of action moves nowadays and we like them, but something that gonna do a magic ? that's just a big NO for MCU and most of superhero movies.

I didn't say fight are random I said random people who just run away from the scene. Any fight can be exciting but after some re-review are you gonna watch that ? only TWS did that for me and most of them were because of their fight coordinators.

I guess you didn't read what I wrote, I said Michael MANNnot BAY, MANNjust makes action and fight scenes magical, there's a feeling that you just want to rewind and watch it again, go and see 1995 HEAT, that's a real action movie with a very well done story.