Avengers (2012) or Aquaman (2018)

Posted by TheVVitchKing (1397 posts) 25 days, 19 minutes ago

Poll: Avengers (2012) or Aquaman (2018) (75 votes)

Avengers 69%
Aquaman 31%
#1 Posted by cmonguyslslsal (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers is overrated

#2 Posted by mrmonster (17076 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers

#4 Posted by Ghostodoofus2 (2326 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually have to go with Aquaman, I've seen it three times now.

#5 Posted by Kevd4wg (14230 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers for me. Aquaman was just incredibly meh for me. Like the visuals were really good, but otherwise there wasn't much really going for the movie(not that it was bad, it just wasn't good) At the very least the interactions in Avengers were entertaining.

#6 Posted by PenguinDust (9911 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched for the fifth or sixth time again last year. Original Avengers still holds up.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#7 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (18758 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman. Avengers was good for it’s time but it hasn’t aged well, it’s been surpassed plenty times since it’s release.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ad417f1919
#8 Posted by deactivated-5d7ad417f1919 (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers is one of the best ever, Aquaman didn't feel like a blockbuster at times.

#9 Posted by eri123 (6968 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers

#10 Posted by morpheus_ (35147 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers. Aquaman is a joke.

Moderator Online
Avatar image for finalkingthanos
#11 Posted by FinalKingThanos (3202 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman was a good cbm but for me the Avengers is one of the classic cbms

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
#12 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (1434 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate for me, but Avengers is more of an interesting concept, then again it's a crossover film so of course they would install more.

Avatar image for detectivesomerset__
#13 Posted by DetectiveSomerset__ (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

Switching to The avengers , the best out the four movies and actually it wasn’t boring and had good development. Remember liking it in teathers so it gets a solid 7-7.5/10

#14 Posted by adamTRMM (9665 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers.

#15 Posted by Beyond_Dreams (198 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman but the first Avengers was good as well

#16 Posted by MetalJimmor (6820 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman for me. Avengers didn't really hold up on repeated viewings the way Aquaman has. I tend to get bored watching it after a while.

Aquaman lulls a bit in the middle but once you hit that third act it becomes a ride.

#17 Posted by TrueMoonchilde (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

Like it or not, Avengers changed the game. For movies in general, & for comic book movies in particular. It very much is this generations Star Wars. Aquaman was good, but other then being a decent super-hero movie it wasn't really that memorable.

#18 Posted by RabumAlal (5429 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman sucks ass. On par with Venom imo, at least Venom was campy fun, Aquaman was boring and cringe. Beyond awful acting with boring story, only positive is the CGI.

Avengers is the reason comic fans are treated with so many cbm and it is by far the better movie.

#19 Posted by m2k (644 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquabro is fun. But come on now. It was just dumb fun. Look at the dialogue in that movie. A third grader could've written it. Lol.

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#20 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is one of the worst CBM ever made.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#21 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9211 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman was mediocre at best and that being generous.

#22 Posted by Boby501 (489 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers.

#23 Posted by Marvelitez (311 posts) - - Show Bio

L for comparing these movies

#24 Posted by Bearderby (1569 posts) - - Show Bio

both are mediocre in writing but I like the Avengers more

#25 Posted by Odimm (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman, Avengers is barely watchable at this point and was never very good. Aquaman at least gave me spectacle and a return of the king motif I can enjoy.

#26 Posted by BelmontoBlitz (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>,

#27 Posted by Magian (153106 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers is arguably the better movie but Aquaman was a bit more fun to watch.

#28 Edited by Richubs (7472 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers is much superior.

While the action scenes and visuals aren't as dazzling the movie still looks good as it overall went for a more realistic look.

The story, pacing and character development is more superior and so is the acting.

#29 Posted by Lan_Fan (18544 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers, easily. I don't like Aquaman all that much.

#30 Posted by DetectiveSomerset__ (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

@truemoonchilde: not even close. It did make superhero team more popular but that’s it

It didn’t change writing , villains , effect

Just a bit of shared universe? Which was still in development

Iron man 2008 , TDK , Begins and Superman 1978

Are the most influential movies for the genre. Ironman 2008 did give the cheesy mcu style.

#31 Posted by Flashkings (457 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a big DC fan, I even named my account after the Flash, but even I have to admit Aquaman isn't beating this avengers, unless they happen to be fighting instead the ocean where he can summon an army of sea creatures, I voted avengers

Avatar image for supermanforever
#32 Posted by Supermanforever (9823 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked the underwater cg and all, but avengers was better movie for sure.

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
#33 Posted by chuggachugga170 (561 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Flashkings (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@chuggachugga170: Ah my bad, then it's more of a matchup, I'd give Aquaman the sligh majority 5.5/10

Note it's been like 4 years since I last watch Avengers, maybe if I watch it again my decision might

#35 Edited by Blackdog2009 (3895 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman way better movie.

Though ironic the main villain is an evil/misguided sibling lol.

#36 Posted by DetectiveSomerset__ (1671 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Flashkings (457 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by MAZAHS117 (13601 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers

#39 Posted by KingOfWakanda (3371 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers stomps

#40 Posted by mexcomics2078 (3499 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth mightiest heroes. Aquaman is a good movie though

#41 Edited by TrueMoonchilde (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

@detectivesomerset__ said:

@truemoonchilde: not even close. It did make superhero team more popular but that’s it

It didn’t change writing , villains , effect

Just a bit of shared universe? Which was still in development

Iron man 2008 , TDK , Begins and Superman 1978

Are the most influential movies for the genre. Ironman 2008 did give the cheesy mcu style.

Um.. It DID change the way movies are made. It's the reason why so many other companies tried to do a shared universe as well. This is the same effect that Star Wars had when it came out in 1977. Before 1977, franchise movies, while they existed, were relatively rare. Post 1977, damn near every film is an attempt at building a franchise.

The Avengers was the start of the Super Franchise, or the shared universe if you will. This is something that really didn't exist at all pre- MCU, & many people had doubts that it would work at all. Iron Man may have been the first MCU movie, but the Avengers was proof that the concept even works, & now every other studio wants to have one. Of course, Marvel is still the only one that's been successful at it, as Kevin Feige seems to be the only producer that understands how to do it.

You can argue that it changed film for the worse. As many film critics today still say about Star Wars, but the impact it's had on the film industry as a whole is undeniable.

The movies you named are all good movies, & all influential in their own right, but none of them had the cultural impact that the Avengers did.

Superman for example. I'm sure you'll argue it's the most influential comic book movie simply because it was the first. But for a decade after, Superman's sequals were the ONLY comic book related movies being released. Superman itself was really mostly a product of Star Wars's success. Superman was a popular & successful movie, yes, but if it had the impact that the Avengers had we would've seen dozens of comic book related films in the immediate years following it's release. We didn't.

Iron Man I already addressed. Yes it was the first MCU movie, & that alone makes it influential, but the Avengers was PROOF that the MCU can even work. Before that there were heavy doubts, & with the exception of Iron Man the box office success of the phase 1 films were rocky. Avengers grossed over a billion dollars, far more then anyone thought possible, & since then even the poorly reviewed MCU movies have been huge successes. Plus the already stated fact that it made every other film executive decide they were going do a shared universe as well.

Begins & Dark Knight were highly critically acclaimed films, but neither really changed the landscape of cinema, comic book or otherwise.

So yea, like it or not the Avengers is a massive cultural impact upon cinema.

#42 Posted by DetectiveSomerset__ (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

@truemoonchilde: MCU Was working before avengers. Avengers just did some shared stuff , "cultural impact" some superheros fighting CGI Mindless monsters , sound influental as Blade runner and Matrix right? LOL.

Superman was in development and was popular BEFORE Star wars , which has nothing to do with superman , at the time people were worried about CBMs in 80s but yet people wanted only superman easy.

Nice lowballing and overrating the avengers.

#43 Posted by TrueMoonchilde (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

@truemoonchilde: MCU Was working before avengers. Avengers just did some shared stuff , "cultural impact" some superheros fighting CGI Mindless monsters , sound influental as Blade runner and Matrix right? LOL.

Superman was in development and was popular BEFORE Star wars , which has nothing to do with superman , at the time people were worried about CBMs in 80s but yet people wanted only superman easy.

Nice lowballing and overrating the avengers.

You clearly don't understand cinema. You only need to look at history to know that I'm right. But it's clear you are little more then a hater.