AVATAR : WATERBENDER RANKING PREMIER (READ OP!!!)

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll AVATAR : WATERBENDER RANKING PREMIER (READ OP!!!) (31 votes)

HUU 13%
MING HUA 0%
TARRLOK 0%
TONRAQ 26%
PAKKU 0%
AANG(WATER) 42%
AMON 0%
ESKA/DESNA 3%
KORRA(WATER) 0%
UNALAQ (PRE-FUSION) 0%
KATARA 3%
HAMA 10%
KYA 3%

OK so in this poll, we are going to determine the best waterbender in the avatar franchise. It would be determined by eliminating the LEAST powerful waterbender until we have only one standing.

The rules are simple :

- vote the LEAST!! powerful waterbender

- vote only ONE!! candidate I.E the weakest on the list.

- post will be edited every 3-4 days with the removal of the least powerful and the votes would be refreshed.

- All feats from all media (TV, comics) applicable

- Characters physicals, hype, status, feats,subbending(s) and waterbending should be considered, characters should be judged based on their competence and not just bending alone. Based on how you rate each of them.

-NO AVATAR STATE POWER UP OR FEATS CAN BE USED OR CONSIDERED AS A FACTOR.

- PLS VOTE CAREFULLY AS THERE IS NO MULTIPLE CHOICE

- discussion/further explanation is allowed.

RANKINGS:

It is out, it is out, it is OUT!!!, The waterbender ranking begins,who goes First??!!!

The earthbender ranking result is out also, check it out

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/avatar-most-powerful-earthbenders-vine-voted-2085007/

• 
Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IT BEGINS!!!!!

@chloros: @vengefulshot: @rijehu:@aystarr:@psi-bite234:@byondeon:@aystarr:@masma94: @emmafrostxmen: @quinlan58: @crater_maker: @indomitableregal: @captain_narlowe: @stefano: @mialthefencer: @incursion2: @freestyler1999:@co-boss:@cpt_nice:@marvelfan1992: @viking1205: @thebluedragon20:@thekeys: @bigdreamer48: @mrgetmebodied:@zr2011:

dratini1331@joewell@strictlyanime@nighthunder@rbt

@rogueshadow@norrinboltagonprime21@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1@ssj_god@lvenger

@princearagorn1@homicidalmaniac@ssj_god

@redbird3rdboywonder@pierpat@knightofzero

@dccomicsrule2011@lunacyde@sophia89@@geekryan @emmafrostxmen @norrinboltagonprime21@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1@lvenger

@funsiized@ssj_god@jmarshmallow

@dccomicsrule2011@lunacyde@etheral_dreams

@killerwasp@kidphillip@aressword@wbr17@korraspirit@jr_avatarexpert@dextersinister@thunderbolt30@nighthunder@metaljimmor@spartankobe@jacthripper@primebonnick@gizmorino@rijehu@myerlanski@koays@useyourname@stormdriven@hypnosis@pirateking@mitcheii@deranged_midget@abyssdarkfire@hatemalingsia@arv993@dreadpool10@batking200@sirneko@loklegends@kingvenus@marvelfan1992@martinceld@therapist1

@thenewbluebeetle007@darkdefender@hulkage@linark@just_banter@soduh2@justicethorpsylocke

@lukehero@xxxcarzellxxx@pierpat@zukolicious@jrazor@theavatarguruu@pooty@joewell

@major_hellstorm@viren809@shepardoakenprime@blacklegraph@anthp2000

@king22@gothamciti:@tarutaru@kigretheviking @thebuckaronatr @crimson-feather @shepardoakenprime @jdogg @gunchar16@arcus1@deathhero61@gothamciti@justicethorpsylocke @itachus17@major_hellstrom@captain_narlowe

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, never realized how many absolute top tier waterbenders there were. Probably voting for Kya but waiting for arguments otherwise.

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ZR2011

I’m kicking out Aang. His water bending always seems as if he’s trying out a new move he rehearsed for hours. I think he just lacks instincts and strength with water (obviously he’s a literal master of others)

Edit: he also lacks finesse and control. Kya has him beat in all areas except maybe raw damage output. My argument is basically that Aang is never versatile with the element, only taking advantage of the near minimum it can do, he always moves too cautiously, conveying a lack of comfort, and he almost never even thinks to use it as a go-to, even when near water.

My main gripe is that he always looks so uncomfortable/pupilish/cautious when water bending

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Huu. The only real feat he has that is impressive, and by god is it impressive, is the wine feat, otherwise, he is below average.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A thought.. Would you maybe do a battle royale with the winners?

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tonraq never impressed me

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, waterbending has way less obvious choices than the other ones. Probably huu, kya, or tonraq. Will wait though for some arguments. Imo it’s probably huu as his plantbending is so environment based that idk if I would place him above anyone because of it

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@co-boss: Korra > Katara > Amon (Just because bloodbending) > Unalaq > rest

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: yeah I figured the bloodbenders would be near the top, I’m honestly surprised yakone isn’t here. I feel like katara vs korra is debatable but we’ll see how the voting goes

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voted for Tonraq. He is a good fighter, but Aang's waterbending feats in Book 1 were actually pretty impressive and he hadn't even been trained yet, and Kya was able to hold her own against Zaheer alone for a while. Tonraq didn't do so well on his own, and he was in the North Pole.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c
deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voting Aang. Not sure whether to vote Kya or Hama next; I suppose it depends on whether mastery or combat ability counts for more. The top two are obvious though (Amon >>> Tarrlok >>>>> everyone else).

Why not post-fusion Unalaq? It would give Katara and Korra some real competition at the top of the regular waterbenders heap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd9371ae7062
deactivated-5fd9371ae7062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tonraq

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huu is actually pretty impressive. The top plantbender here. When he faced the Gaang, It took a lot just to disrupt his vine monster form.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goodbye Aang.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By viking1205  Online

Good bye Aang. I don't see Aang holding a candle to anyone here with water.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang (water only) has to go. I debated hard between him and Tonraq, who is definitely getting my next vote, but I feel like Aang barely utilized his airbending, and pretty much nothing he did outside the AS stands out to me. Tonraq may rely heavily on his physicals, but...well I don't have much of a but. I just think he's above Aang lol.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@co-boss said:

@byondeon: yeah I figured the bloodbenders would be near the top, I’m honestly surprised yakone isn’t here. I feel like katara vs korra is debatable but we’ll see how the voting goes

Yeah, Korra vs Katara is close, but Korra is above her, in fighting and mobility. Katara can bloodbend and is a better healer, tho Korra learned to heal as well. But Korra have power and mobility and more skill in fighting.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. If it's about who the better waterbender is, then their performance on all kinds of locations should be taken into account.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. If it's about who the better waterbender is, then their performance on all kinds of locations should be taken into account.

Agree. Some have high-scale feats with a big source, but others have some feats that account for their resourcefulness, like Hama.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

@zr2011: @co-boss: @bigdreamer48: @quinlan58: @geekryan: @mialthefencer: @psi-bite234: @chloros: @viking1205: @vengefulshot: @byondeon: @indomitableregal:

since waterbending is location dependent, Do you think a specific location and certain conditions that favour all waterbenders and their various(all) abilities should be added ??!

I would say that Ming Hua would be better in locations where the water is limited, while I don't think that she would sair well against the top benders in places where there are lots of water, especially the poles.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quinlan58 said:

Agree. Some have high-scale feats with a big source, but others have some feats that account for their resourcefulness, like Hama.

I third this

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: no location, their skills should be dependant on how they do anywhere and we should take their tactics in low water areas as into account as much as their tactics in high water areas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: I don't think a location is strictly necessary, but IMO the absolute best location for this would be the Foggy Swamp:

Effectively unlimited water

Plenty of vines and plants everywhere

Lots of stuff for Ming to swing on

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: I don't think a location is strictly necessary, but IMO the absolute best location for this would be the Foggy Swamp:

I was thinking about that also but majority seem to not like the idea.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@co-boss said:

@aystarr: no location, their skills should be dependant on how they do anywhere and we should take their tactics in low water areas as into account as much as their tactics in high water areas

You have a point.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Scarlet_Wiccan
No Caption Provided

How on earth are people already voting for Katara?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

How on earth are people already voting for Katara?

Not reading the OP.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think that would be good either because if they were to fight there, Ming Hua would honestly have the advantage due to her mobility..

MrGetMeBodied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

@co-boss: Korra > Katara > Amon (Just because bloodbending) > Unalaq > rest

YUP, Except Tarrlok and Yakone should be roughly around Amon.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 viking1205  Online

@chloros said:
@bigdreamer48 said:
@quinlan58 said:

I third this

+4

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know Katara will eventually get underrated and end up getting like 6th. Praying she doesn’t though

I’m voting out Huu, then Aang, then Tonraq, then Kya, then Hama

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know Katara will eventually get underrated and end up getting like 6th. Praying she doesn’t though

I dont think noone is going to vote out Katara. The one I think most will vote out is Unalaq tbh, even tho I would argue besides Katara, he is the only one that would put up a good fight against Korra..

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Aystarr
viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 viking1205  Online

That'd be a huge lowball and I'm pretty sure she'll end up in top 3(must be 1 imo).

Genuinely curious about why you think Aang is superior to Huu.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking1205: Katara is at best number three with subbendings included. Amon and Tarrlok are indisputably numbers one and two, respectively. Since post-fusion Unalaq isn't here, Katara's only real competition for number three is Korra, and I'm 100% she'll sure win that vote.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By viking1205  Online

@mialthefencer said:

@viking1205: Katara is at best number three with subbendings included. Amon and Tarrlok are indisputably numbers one and two, respectively. Since post-fusion Unalaq isn't here, Katara's only real competition for number three is Korra, and I'm 100% she'll sure win that vote.

Good point about bloodbending. I completely forgot about it honestly. Katara is arguably the best alongside Korra and Ming when it comes to just waterbending alone though.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How are they number 1 and 2? Their waterbending is nowhere near Katara's level.

All they have on Katara is advanced bloodbending. Katara can bloodbend too, and heal.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mialthefencer said:

Good point about bloodbending. I completely forgot about it honestly. Katara is arguably the best alongside Korra and Ming when it comes to just waterbending alone though.

Agree. Amon, Tarrlok, Katara, Korra, Ming, and Unalaq should be top 6 imo (not necessarily in that order). Katara does seem to have the widest variety of skill in sole waterbending, which might put her higher than the non-broken bloodbenders.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan:

How are they number 1 and 2? Their waterbending is nowhere near Katara's level.

It doesn't have to be. Bloodbending >>>>> everything else.

All they have on Katara is advanced bloodbending. Katara can bloodbend too, and heal.

Katara can only bloodbend one night a month, whereas Amon and Tarrlok can bloodbend all the time.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang’s only saving grace is raw power despite his inexperience as a bender. Outside of that, there’s no reason to put him above anyone else. He goes first.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By geekryan

@mialthefencer: Just because bloodbending is hax doesn’t mean it’s better than everything else lol.

Katara stomps them in every other aspect of waterbending.

This isn't just about who would win in a fight either:

OK so in this poll, we are going to determine the best waterbender in the avatar franchise.

Characters physicals, hype, status, feats,subbending(s) and waterbending should be considered, characters should be judged based on their competence and not just bending alone. Based on how you rate each of them.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: Just so you know, competence there Means Overall battle (combat and aptitude) competence.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Aystarr
@mialthefencer said:

Voting Aang. Not sure whether to vote Kya or Hama next; I suppose it depends on whether mastery or combat ability counts for more. The top two are obvious though (Amon >>> Tarrlok >>>>> everyone else).

Why not post-fusion Unalaq? It would give Katara and Korra some real competition at the top of the regular waterbenders heap.

Post fusion unalaq was fluctuating between going in and out of the avatar state. And no avatar state Power ups can be considered. Some do think it's his raw ability and some think it's the boost, so in order to avoid confusion, pre fusion was used since it's still his base form anyways.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to say you are wrong. Korra is number 1, with subbending Amon number 2 and Katara number 3 and Unalaq number 4 and Tarrlok number 5.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang’s only saving grace is raw power despite his inexperience as a bender. Outside of that, there’s no reason to put him above anyone else. He goes first.

Aang is only really powerful in the AS too. He has some nice feats, but most here outclass him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr:

Post fusion unalaq was fluctuating between going in and out of the avatar state.

No he wasn't. He was in the avatar state at the very beginning of his fight with Korra and at the very end, but in between (where all his feats are) he wasn't in the DAS at all.

And no avatar state Power ups can be considered. Some do think it's his raw ability and some think it's the boost, so in order to avoid confusion, pre fusion was used since it's still his base form anyways.

I think that fusion was a boost in the sense that post-fusion base Unalaq > pre-fusion base Unalaq (Korra effortlessly one shotted pre-fusion in the AS but couldn't do the same to post-fusion) but it's still Unalaq's power in the same sense that all of Aang or Korra's non-AS feats are their own power. It's not a temporary amp like the AS or the full moon, it's his new base, like flight was for Zaheer. IMO, post-fusion base Unalaq should be included, maybe separately from pre-fusion Unalaq.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: That still doesn’t exclusively mean combat ability only though.