User Lists: 0

The Last Stand.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

The Last Stand, but I should mention that Appa's Lost Days literally made me cry at one point, and I love the Ozai's Angels vs. Kyoshi Warriors fight.

Despite that, I have to give credit where it's due.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#204  Edited By eslay03

Toughest choice so far, I'll go with The Last Stand. Though Appa is GOAT

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By KorraAlone

Oh my God why, Appa's Lost Days is absolutely beautiful and heartbreaking but I have to go with the last stand.

Korra vs Kuvira is a great rematch that desperately needed to happen , Lin and Su working together is amazing, Mako's Sacrifice is awesome, and so is the music.

The culmination of Korra's journey throughout the entire show, getting to see how her relationships with Mako, Tenzin and Asami has developed, how she herself has changed through her approach with Kuvira, and even how the world has changed since she began her career.

Her stopping the spirit portal beam is honestly one of the best moments in the show.

And Korrasami is honestly the perfect ending for the show. Korra and Asami don't become perfect once they get together and they don't try to get through their separate issues for each other. Korra doesn't try to recover so she can be with Asami, and Asami doesn't try to fix her relationship with her father for that reason.

Because of this, the message of Korrasami to me is: if you give up on your life and surrender yourself to your struggles, you miss out on so many beautiful new life experiences.

And that's the ending was, the first date, the beginning of a new chapter.

That's also without mentioning how important this moment was for LGBT representation, and me personally, I related to Korra's struggles and journey and when things got low, seeing Korra be happy and healthy because she fought to get better always gives me that extra boost, as well as overflowing tears.

To this day I cannot listen to the finale theme without crying.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the fence. Someone sway me.

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

On the fence. Someone sway me.

Vote for the Last Stand

No Caption Provided

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 anthp2000  Moderator

Oh... that's not okay.

Appa's Lost Days.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make your cases, Appa fans

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Appa's Lost Days

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man this is a tough choice but I’ll have to go for the last stand just due to how much it has that was memorable. The thing that probably tips the edge is the shot of Korra stopping the spirit laser is just such a cool shot. Though appas lost days should have gotten weaker competition 🥲

Funny thing about this episode is that I finally convinced my brother who stopped watching Korra after season 2 to pick it up again and he loved the last 2 seasons. When he finished this episode he was surprised. He had heard for years from whiny people about korrasami that he thought the ending would be god awful but found out that it was fine and nothing really that bad. His words were “when has avatar ever been great at relationships? Why was this ending so awful to people if they liked the rest?” Which really resonated with me, especially as someone who thinks that no matter how you feel about korrasami, it was very important for lgbt representation in animation.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 cocacolaman  Moderator

@azronger: Not sure which one I’m voting for yet but here’s my case for Appa.

Appa’s lost days is pretty much the best anti-animal abuse advertisement animated. We get to see a full episode where we relate to an animal and see their character outside of the role of Aang’s pet, we get to see Appa’s fears and his struggles. Effectively, Appa at his lowest, and I don’t think anyone was emotionally unaffected by that episode. Then when everything seems to be going fine, after the Guru and Ozai’s Angels, we see Long Feng kidnap the bison and keep him from Aang.

Again, not sure which episode I’m voting for, but there’s your case.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last Stand.

Appa's Lost Days is really good, but c'mon.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After thinking about it, I'll go with "The Last Stand"

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pity vote for appa's Lost days.

Avatar image for deactivated-63338e7709476
deactivated-63338e7709476

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last Stand.

Add me to the tag list btw. Mildly insulted that I wasn't tagged to begin with.

:>

Well, at least it doesn't seem like there's been any outcomes thus far I'm radically opposed to.

nathanthecynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag please and Appa's Lost Days

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 cocacolaman  Moderator

"The Last Stand" moves on! Synopses taken from the Avatar wiki.

No Caption Provided

Perusal 1, Sessions 13 and 14

Avatar: the Last Airbender Book 2: Earth, Chapter 11, "The Desert"

No Caption Provided

Since Appa was captured, the gang walks across the desert to tell the Earth King about the Fire Nation's secret. Aang grows angry and sad over Appa's capture. Elsewhere, a secret society helps protect Iroh and Zuko from the Fire Nation and bounty hunters.

VS.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Book 3: Fire, Chapter 13, "The Firebending Masters"

No Caption Provided

Aang prepares to start his firebending training only for Zuko to realize he has lost all his firebending power, as he no longer draws his firebending power from rage, anger, and his desire to capture Aang. They journey to find the true source of firebending.

AND

The Legend of Korra Book 2: Spirits, Chapter 13, "Darkness Falls"

No Caption Provided

Korra cannot prevent Vaatu and Unalaq from merging and forming the Dark Avatar, and the two Avatars lock into a battle for the fate of the world. Vaatu manages to extract Raava from Korra's body and destroys the Light Spirit, effectively severing Korra's connection to her past lives. Having defeated Korra, the Dark Avatar grows to enormous proportions and makes his way toward Republic City. Meanwhile, in the Spirit World, Bumi, Kya, and Tenzin manage to track down and save Jinora's spirit from the Fog of Lost Souls. However, before they can return, Jinora senses that Korra is in trouble and leaves her family in order to help.

VS.

The Legend of Korra Book 4: Balance, Chapter 10, "Operation Beifong"

No Caption Provided

Opal, Bolin, and Lin travel to Zaofu, where they run into Toph, who tells them the prisoners have been moved out of the city. Bolin knows where they are and they free them. Zhu Li and Baatar Jr. have been working on a cannon to harness the spirit energy, but Zhu Li tries to sabotage the project. When Kuvira shows up, Zhu Li sabotages the weapon, hoping it would blow up the cannon, though is discovered before her plan is completed. Bolin and Opal save her while the rest of the Beifongs fight Kuvira's army. Meanwhile, in Republic City, Raiko is less than pleased with Varrick's reluctance to use spirit vines as weapons. Korra opts to ask the spirits to help defend the city against Kuvira, but they refuse, saying that they do not want to get involved in human wars.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 anthp2000  Moderator

Operation Beifong is such an obvious choice for the second pair of chapters. Not even close.

The Desert and The Firebending Masters is actually a very weird comparison because their strengths are different to me. The Desert is much more emotional, whereas The Firebending Masters is much more epic. I guess I will go with The Desert because I feel it accomplished more of an atmosphere. In that entire episode, you could feel the loss, exhaustion, and despair. It ended with a powerful, painful scene for Aang. Yet it wasn't exactly depressing, which is actually incredible that they pulled that off, and even has one of the most memorable comedic bits of the show in Sokka and his cactus juice. It's also the first chapter that comes to mind when I think of Katara's role as the glue and/or the "backbone" of the Gaang.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By cocacolaman  Moderator

I ain't voted in a minute but this is a really good comparison, both ways.

For Desert vs Firebending Masters, I have to go with the Desert because it harbors my favorite scene from the show and the Firebending Masters doesn't really have anything to match it

For Darkness vs Beifong, I will go with Darkness Falls because it holds my personal favorite fight scene from the sequel

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By cocacolaman  Moderator
Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"The Firebending Masters" and "Operation Beifong"

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By BigDreamer48

@azronger said:

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This except less Darkness Falls slander because Tenzin's arc is great and Korra vs Vaatu/UnaVaatu is incredible. Plus I always enjoy Unalaq trying to sneak back into the spirit world like an underage kid trying to sneak into a bar

Operation Beifong is such an obvious choice for the second pair of chapters. Not even close.

The Desert and The Firebending Masters is actually a very weird comparison because their strengths are different to me. The Desert is much more emotional, whereas The Firebending Masters is much more epic. I guess I will go with The Desert because I feel it accomplished more of an atmosphere. In that entire episode, you could feel the loss, exhaustion, and despair. It ended with a powerful, painful scene for Aang. Yet it wasn't exactly depressing, which is actually incredible that they pulled that off, and even has one of the most memorable comedic bits of the show in Sokka and his cactus juice. It's also the first chapter that comes to mind when I think of Katara's role as the glue and/or the "backbone" of the Gaang.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This.

cj_the_dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkness Falls and The Desert.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Firebending masters and Operation Beifong.

nathanthecynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Firebending Masters

Operation Beifong

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn never expected to actually give a pity vote in this tourney but I have to give one to darkness falls purely for having one of my favorite fights in the whole series with Korra vs unalaq

I think I’ll go with firebending masters, it’s a close match though

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkness Falls and The Desert.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to go with “The Firebending Masters” for the first one. “The Desert“ is incredible as well, but “The Firebending Masters” is one of my favorite episodes that isn’t a season finale.

”Operation Beifong” will get my second vote, but I will toss some respect to “Darkness Falls” as it is one of the best episodes of the underwhelming season.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"The Firebending Masters" and "Darkness Falls".

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 cocacolaman  Moderator

"The Firebending Masters" and "Operation Beifong" move on! Synopses taken from the Avatar wiki.

No Caption Provided

Perusal 1, Sessions 15 and 16

Avatar: The Last Airbender Book 3: Fire, Chapter 17, "The Ember Island Players"

No Caption Provided

The gang goes to the Ember Islandtheater to see a play about their journeys, but are not happy with the production and the inaccurate portrayals of themselves.

VS.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Book 3: Fire, Chapter 6, "The Avatar and the Firelord"

Aang and Zuko are taken on parallel adventures, which give them both insight into their forefather's pasts.

AND

The Legend of Korra Book 4: Balance, Chapter 2, "Korra Alone"

No Caption Provided

While being haunted by a shadow of herself in the Avatar State, Korra reminisces about the hardships she went through in the course of three years. In 171 AG, she retreated to the Southern Water Tribe in an attempt to heal her body and her mind. With Katara's help, she was able to recover physically after two years, though continued to have visions about Zaheer and the attempt on her life. In 173 AG, she set out on a journey across the world in an attempt to reconnect with Raava, though to no avail. In 174 AG, while wandering through a small Earth Kingdom town, she decides to confront the vision of herself, but loses. However, when a small dog begs her to follow it, she finds herself in the Foggy Swamp. After passing out following a new confrontation with her Avatar self, she wakes up in the home of Toph.

VS.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Book 3: Fire, Chapter 1, "The Awakening"

No Caption Provided

Aang wakes up on a Fire Nation cruiser with hair after having been in a coma for a few weeks. Zuko returns home after restoring his honor.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 cocacolaman  Moderator
mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Avatar and the Firelord

The Awakening

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 anthp2000  Moderator

The Ember Island Players is both comedy gold, and a masterclass of recap episodes. It's a genuinely incredible chapter. But so is The Avatar and the Firelord, and that's pivotal to the lore, and I feel it's going to win because of that, so I'm going to cast a sympathy vote for the Players. My other vote is for Korra Alone.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Avatar and the Firelord + Korra Alone :)

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar and the Firelord and Korra Alone

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy “Ember Island Players”, but “The Avatar and The Firelord” gains my first vote notably.

@korraalone gets my second vote because who can resist!

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The avatar and the Firelord, ember island kinda lost it's taste to me after a while.

I might have to go with the awakening I fear, it's in my top 10 episodes of the franchise.

*clutches pearls and pulls kid closer as @korraalone approaches.*

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ember island players is really fun and probably the most creative recap episode I’ve seen but the avatar and the fire lord is so good and so important that I have to go with it

I’m going with Korra alone

@korraalone is gonna smite anyone who doesnt vote for it

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By KorraAlone
@aystarr said:

The avatar and the Firelord, ember island kinda lost it's taste to me after a while.

I might have to go with the awakening I fear, it's in my top 10 episodes of the franchise.

*clutches pearls and pulls kid closer as @korraalone approaches.*

I'm giving you a 5 second head start 😀

@co-boss said:

Ember island players is really fun and probably the most creative recap episode I’ve seen but the avatar and the fire lord is so good and so important that I have to go with it

I’m going with Korra alone

@korraalone is gonna smite anyone who doesnt vote for it

You're goddamn right he will

Brings out death note and writes furiously

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyways I'm gonna go with The Avatar and the Firelord, the greatest love story ever told, and @myself even though the Awakening is a really great episode

cj_the_dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Avatar and the Firelord and Korra Alone.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"The Avatar and the Firelord" and "Korra Alone"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Avatar And The Firelord + Korra Alone.