eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@boc said:

@eslay03:

Now, I’m curious what soundtrack is number 1?

Attack on Titan's. Which pretty much single handedly put Hiroyuki Sawano, the composer, up there with greats like Hans Zimmer and John Williams, IMO.

Cool, cool! I’ll need to check it out.

Avatar image for staticspeedstrr
StaticSpeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Jesus Christ, there's another one? Don't tag me please. Thanks!

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Match 1:

• To Heal - 15
  • Four Seasons - 3

Match 2:

• Kyoshi’s Theme - 2
  • Peace - 16

As expected, To Heal and Peace dominated!

Next Matches!

No Caption Provided

Round 1: Match 3

• Zuko On The Mount (A:TLA) VS Good Ol’ Days (TLoK)

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Round 1: Match 4

• Blue Spirit (A:TLA) VS Wheels (TLoK)

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Two Zuko based tracks vs two TLoK book 1 tracks! It’s poetry, it rhymes…

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got chills listening to every one of these tracks! They all have so much emotional weight associated with them.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Good Ol' Days, for certain. Now, for the second, I absolutely adore Wheels, and it's iconic in its own ways, it fit the cinematic tone of Book 1 perfectly for one, but the Blue Spirit is too, and it brings back too many memories. I'll support that one.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: its saying "video not available"

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By eslay03

@aystarr said:

@eslay03: its saying "video not available"

Which one? All of them? I watched every one of them right before posting to make sure that they worked correctly, and they still work for me now.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is anybody else experiencing this issue?^

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 anthp2000  Moderator

@eslay03: It probably has to do with plenty of technical things, like regions and how CV randomly breaks video links for some people. They will show unavailable half the time to some no matter what. I just search for whichever ones are needed myself (in this case, the Korra ones won't play for me).

But you shouldn't worry about it because there isn't something you can do. There are multiple videos for each track on YouTube for people to find.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good Ol' Days

Blue Spirit

matbezlima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there is nothing wrong with the links, then it may be a matter of some of us being region-locked. I'm experiencing the same issue too.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: It probably has to do with plenty of technical things, like regions and how CV randomly breaks video links for some people. They will show unavailable half the time to some no matter what. I just search for whichever ones are needed myself (in this case, the Korra ones won't play for me).

But you shouldn't worry about it because there isn't something you can do. There are multiple videos for each track on YouTube for people to find.

I assumed it something to do with different regions. Man, that really sucks! I’ll figure something out for the next match.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 anthp2000  Moderator

@eslay03: Also I completely missed the badgermoles and was about to confront you about it before looking back last minute.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 anthp2000  Moderator

@eslay03: They work fine. Guess you can put alternatives in spoiler blocks under each original video of the track you post. I was going to propose it but posting this many links seems tiring. Good for you that you have the energy though.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there is nothing wrong with the links, then it may be a matter of some of us being region-locked. I'm experiencing the same issue too.

Are you having issues with all of them or just the Korra ones? I ask because I’m trying to figure out how to address this exactly.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: They work fine. Guess you can put alternatives in spoiler blocks under each original video of the track you post. I was going to propose it but posting this many links seems tiring. Good for you that you have the energy though.

That exactly what I was thinking, although, currently I’m just trying to figure out which YouTube channels seem to work for everyone despite their region. Nobody had any issues yesterday which leads me to believe that those YouTube channels are friendly to most, if not all regions; meanwhile, Jeremey Zuckerman’s channel is obviously not cooperative with you.

Then again, it could just be CV.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good'Ol Days easily. Book 1 LoK definitely has some brilliant soundtracks damn!

Wheels.

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By KorraAlone

Good Ol Days, although Zuko on the mount is a amazing

Wheels is iconic

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03 said:

The LOK ones aren't playing for me either.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03 said:

Both the LoK ones aren't playing for me either. I suppose it's a region thing as well.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By eslay03

@viking1205: @azronger: Okay, thanks for the information. I won’t use videos form Jeremy Zuckerman’s channel anymore because they clearly don’t work in most regions. In the meantime, you guys can use the alternate videos linked at post 66.

matbezlima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: Just Korra ones.

Alrighty. We‘ll adjust next round. Until then, you can use the alternate videos in post 66. :)

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 cocacolaman  Moderator

Mount

Wheels

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I literally love all four of these so much and it was hard for me to pick:

Good Ol' Days

Blue Spirit

mantraxsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: Could you update my tag?

Mount

Blue Spirit

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good Ol' Days

Blue Spirit

Oh boy, just wait until we get into other rounds!

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: Could you update my tag?

Mount

Blue Spirit

Anything for you, Bleachro!

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good ol days, even though it feels wrong to get rid of Zuko on the mount this early :(, such a good track but it goes up against a giant

The blue spirit, its slowness mixed with the light bell added so much mystery and was the perfect ost for the enigmatic figure

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03:

Cool, cool! I’ll need to check it out.

For sure. But if you plan on watching the show, I'd wait for that. The tracks usually hit harder in context, IMO. And I'd really recommend the show, lol.

Good Ol' Days and Wheels.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good Ol' Days

Blue Spirit

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By eslay03

@boc:

For sure. But if you plan on watching the show, I'd wait for that. The tracks usually hit harder in context, IMO. And I'd really recommend the show, lol.

That’s the thing though, I’ve had so many friends encourage me not to watch the show because “it’s the complete opposite of what (I) like”, and based of their descriptions, it does sound like it wouldn’t be my personal taste. :/

I’ll just continue to take people‘s word on the show’s greatness while I enjoy it’s soundtrack, I guess. Lol

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03:

That’s the thing though, I’ve had so many friends encourage me not to watch the show because “it’s the complete opposite of what (I) like”, and based of their descriptions, it does sound like it wouldn’t be my personal taste. :/

That's...

No Caption Provided

IMO, it's the best show I've watched - not just anime. Out of curiosity, what about it sounds like it wouldn't be for your taste?

I’ll just continue to take people‘s word on the show’s greatness while I enjoy it’s soundtrack, I guess. Lol

Fair enough, lol. I'll probably send a list of my favorite tracks, then.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Zuko on the Mount" delves into the titular character's mindset in the very scene he is standing on the mountain. The rising tension reflects his anticipation, eager for the lightning to strike at him. Yet just as quickly as it escalated, it diffuses, leaving behind a dispirited, downcast Zuko as he sheds a tear. "Good Ol' Days" is more wistful, somber, perhaps even a tad bit hopeful, but it slowly fades away into silence - much like Noatak in his last moments, elated at first to have rejoined with his brother, but gradually realizing what he is up to as he could still sense Tarrlok's body movements with his bloodbending. In the end, he does not stop it from happening.

"The Blue Spirit" nails the nocturnal atmosphere and the stealthy modus operandi of Zuko's alter ego. The sudden pauses paint a picture of a silent ninja sneaking through the night, briefly stopping to assess his surroundings before quickly sprinting to another corner, then, without warning, ambushing his prey one after the other. "Wheels" also corresponds to a nightly hunt, but a more conspicuous one involving Team Avatar's batmobile. The faster tempo, and the intense drums and bells underscore the revving up of the engine as Korra's team pursue their quarry.

The first one is tough. I think I like both tracks equally, but as I have to choose, I'll go with "Good Ol' Days" for the simple fact that it is longer - more good music is better than less good music. The second one is a bit easier for me: I'll pick "Wheels" as, while both as excellently composed, "The Blue Spirit" is a bit too monotonous for my liking when up against its competitor.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By eslay03

@boc:

IMO, it's the best show I've watched - not just anime. Out of curiosity, what about it sounds like it wouldn't be for your taste?

Wow, that’s some serious praise.

To quote my friends, it’s “extremely intense“ and “beats you down constantly“, and I’ve simply never enjoyed shows that consistently walk those lines. I’ve found that, a lot of times, I use television as an “outlet” or “escape”. This usually leads to me not preferring shows that are overly heavy. Now, make no mistake, it’s not as if I must only watch silly sitcoms (I actually don’t typically like sitcoms either) and Cartoon Network — I am merely more “sensitive” to what entertainment I prefer. Essentially, the overall tone of a show or movie is incredibly vital in determining how much I enjoy it, and according to what I’ve heard, I doubt that Attack On Titan has a tone I would desire. With that said though, it’s not that I can‘t respect or appreciate phenomenal shows because they don’t fit my personal taste. There’s a lot more to it, but I don’t think it all is necessary to get into. I hope that kind of clarifies.

Fair enough, lol. I'll probably send a list of my favorite tracks, then.

That‘d be sweet!

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: Ah, understandable. I'd have to agree that it's probably not for you, then.

That‘d be sweet!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Good Ol' Days, Wheels.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 anthp2000  Moderator

@co-boss said:

Good ol days, even though it feels wrong to get rid of Zuko on the mount this early :(, such a good track but it goes up against a giant

The blue spirit, its slowness mixed with the light bell added so much mystery and was the perfect ost for the enigmatic figure

It really did go hand in hand with the mask, he was an intimidating character through and through. I feel like you can only appreciate some characters, themes or episodes to the absolute fullest if you've also watched as a kid, not just a grown up, the Blue Spirit was one of them.

Haikyuu555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: Might not eply to alla these, just sayin.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After pondering, I believe this is my conclusion as well.

@co-boss said:

cj_the_dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good Ol' Days - great music for a fantastic scene.

Blue Spirit.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Match 1:

• Zuko On The Mount - 2
  • Good Ol’ Days - 12

Match 2:

• Blue Spirit - 8
  • Wheels - 6

It’s tough to see Wheels go (Blue Spirit is a worthy opponent to lose to however), but at least another stand-out Korra B1 track advanced!

Next Matches!

No Caption Provided

Round 1 - Match 5

• Cave Jivin (A:TLA) VS Amon’s Theme (TLoK)

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Alternate Videos if the current ones don’t work:

Round 1 - Match 6

• Safe Return (A:TLA) VS Ba Sing Se (A:TLA)

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Alternate Videos if the current ones don’t work:

VOTE!

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m fairly decided on this one.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Amon and... why is it always the second matchup? I adore the Ba Sing Se theme, and it's part of my favorite story arc in the series, but Safe Return is such a soothing melody. I remember when I used to stay up past 23:30 as a kid to watch the series, and this would play in the end and I'd be ready to go to bed with it. I can't vote against it.

Masma94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could you please detag me ?