Avatar (The Last Airbender/ The Legend of Korra) : Media Review Thread

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aystarr

A Thread where Avatar (The last Airbender/Legend of Korra) Articles, Videos, News, Media Updates and Media opinions are reviewed.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

idk the last one got deleted.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: I think He also voiced Hiroshi Sato, (Asami's father)

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kinda glad, I guess, since they got someone who was a popular fancast to play the role. Still a little iffy about the water tribe siblings casting tho.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's good to know!

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

They're trying to save some credibility by casting a voice actor from the show. It is too late.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not too familiar with the guy outside of a few of his voice roles (including the ones in the franchise), so I'll keep an open mind about him.

MinhCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's neat that he's worked before with the Avatar verse and he's far from the most controversial casting here so far,but I'll be keeping from any predictions on how he'll go with it till we see his first scenes--definitely am interested in how he'll go about it if nothing else tho.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing how many projects have been revealed for Disney Plus today just makes me sad, that Paramount Plus and Darkhorse continue to give us nothing.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Avatar: The Last Airbender Netflix Live Action Series Casting News: Iroh, Zhao, and Gyatso Have Been Cast

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I just say…they are actually dominating the casting scene! A part of me doesn’t want to believe it due to self-preservation, but I don’t know how much better they could have done. It’s like I’m being ripped apart right now. One side of me loves the casting while the other side can’t forget Bryan and Mike’s leaving of the project for “creative differences“.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't say I'm too familiar with any of these three, so I'll just keep an open mind for now, see where things go.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@eslay03 said:

Can I just say…they are actually dominating the casting scene! A part of me doesn’t want to believe it due to self-preservation, but I don’t know how much better they could have done. It’s like I’m being ripped apart right now. One side of me loves the casting while the other side can’t forget Bryan and Mike’s leaving of the project for “creative differences“.

Agreed!

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aystarr

Iroh's cast really looks like how I imagined Iroh lol.

MinhCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty solid Picks honestly, nice--as always not going to assume anything definitive just yet, but will keep an open mind to it all.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw this on the Avatarnews instagram:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Currently, I have only seen that this is coming cause I follow Avatarnews on instagram. Gotta look up more about it as soon as I can..

For those that might be interested:

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw that! Epic!

MinhCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw it earlier today myself,really hyped!

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar: The Last Airbender Netflix Live Action Series Casting News: Azula, Suki, Kyoshi, Gran Gran, and Yukari Have Been Cast

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Suki's mother...

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suki's mother...

Doubt anything major will come of it. Wonderful actress cast as her though.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Visually, they‘ve don’t a nearly flawless job casting. I don’t know how good some these actresses will be, but they look the part.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By eslay03

Multiple Avatar Video Games In The Works:

Source

an ATLA console RPG and an Avatar MMORPG are in development at undisclosed game studios in collaboration with Paramount’s Avatar Studios.

Not just that, but these are just two games of at least four in development, including a Square Enix mobile game announced last year, and at least one other game; and at least one of all of these games will feature the original ATLA characters recast with new Asian and Indigenous voice actors– “voice matches” of the originals. (Just to be clear, this is for voice acting in video games, not live-action acting in the Netflix show.)

Likewise, rumor is that we should get some Avatar Studios news regarding the new film soon.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lame

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Great!

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously, not much is known as of yet so I wouldn’t get some unrealistically high expectations. Nonetheless, this is very positive news.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@eslay03 said:

Multiple Avatar Video Games In The Works:

Source

an ATLA console RPG and an Avatar MMORPG are in development at undisclosed game studios in collaboration with Paramount’s Avatar Studios.

Not just that, but these are just two games of at least four in development, including a Square Enix mobile game announced last year, and at least one other game; and at least one of all of these games will feature the original ATLA characters recast with new Asian and Indigenous voice actors– “voice matches” of the originals. (Just to be clear, this is for voice acting in video games, not live-action acting in the Netflix show.)

Likewise, rumor is that we should get some Avatar Studios news regarding the new film soon.

HELL YES!

A console RPG and an MMORPG!!!

MinhCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As one of those people who played like a bunch of Avatar Games (despite most of them being bad--) as a kid in the beginning ATLA craze, this is some great news for me lmao.

Here's on at least one of them being superb!

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 anthp2000  Moderator  Online
Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03 Oops my bad hehe didn't know a new media thread was made.

I'll just re-post the san diego speculation:

Repost: Previous Avatar Games for consoles were:

No Caption Provided

Now pay attention to the last line, as Avatar News is basically saying they will reveal Avatar Studios projects perhaps sooner than later.

Loading Video...

The Avatar Instagram also responded to a fan question about avatar studios updates, and replied that updates are "coming". So perhaps there will be a big media rollout about it if the socials have been tipped off that something is coming down the pipeline.

Now the next obvious date as many have been speculating since the investor day flop will be San Diego Comic Con, which is taking place July 21-24, 2022. Hopefully we won't have to wait until New York Comic Con in October lol.

San Diego Comic Con is where Legend of Korra was initially announced back in 2010, so that could be the ideal place for a large panel and rollout of announcements.

But having to wait again another 5 months is a drag.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@tektonic: July is truly too far away. I mistakenly thought Patterns in Time was coming out in April, and I checked again yesterday and it's another four months. Between the film, the video games, the comic book anthology, and the new novels, I'm going to need a load of announcements and/or insight for a little satisfaction.

At least the hybrid-animal guidebook is coming out right now, so that's something.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic: July is truly too far away. I mistakenly thought Patterns in Time was coming out in April, and I checked again yesterday and it's another four months. Between the film, the video games, the comic book anthology, and the new novels, I'm going to need a load of announcements and/or insight for a little satisfaction.

At least the hybrid-animal guidebook is coming out right now, so that's something.

Lol you had the right date, they initially scheduled Patterns in Time as a commemoration to LOK's anniversary. But Darkhorse being... well Darkhorse delayed it until June, than hid behind covid when fans on twitter were criticizing them for several years(pre covid) of delays.

The sad thing is even if we get announcements, chances are we'll be waiting for late 2024 or 2025 release dates on Paramount's schedule.

That's a really long time to live off announcements.

No Caption Provided

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@tektonic said:
@anthp2000 said:

Lol you had the right date, they initially scheduled Patterns in Time as a commemoration to LOK's anniversary. But Darkhorse being... well Darkhorse delayed it until June, than hid behind covid when fans on twitter were criticizing them for several years(pre covid) of delays.

No Caption Provided

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkhorse really does suck sometimes. Delays are expected with most publishers, but I’m still pissed at Darkhorse over the omnibuses’ spines.

No Caption Provided

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr There’s no way to say this without seeming like a high-strung control freak; but…could you edit the title of this thread so that “last“ is capitalized, and “Legend of Korra” is preceded by a “The”?

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gosh, I sound like a strict, grammar teacher — who owns twelve cats — grading a paper.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03 said:

@aystarr There’s no way to say this without seeming like a high-strung control freak; but…could you edit the title of this thread so that “last“ is capitalized, and “Legend of Korra” is preceded by a “The”?

Random but ok lol.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By eslay03
@aystarr said:
@eslay03 said:

Random but ok lol.

Thanks! Lol

Now I don’t have to slightly cringe every time I click on this thread.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

But not the space between the parenthesis and the colon.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: oh please, y'all leave me alone, what's with all these bullying on CV lately 😭.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03 said:

Darkhorse really does suck sometimes. Delays are expected with most publishers, but I’m still pissed at Darkhorse over the omnibuses’ spines.

No Caption Provided

Hi guys...how are you? Just you know...wanted to let you know that Darkhorse has just announced that Patterns in Time has now been pushed from June to the end of July...if you were curious...

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@tektonic: Might as well release it on the anniversary of 2023.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But not the space between the parenthesis and the colon.

I could live with that issue. Didn’t want to overwhelm Ay. Lol