AVATAR: TEAM AVATAR POWER RANKING 4 (READ OP!!!)

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll AVATAR: TEAM AVATAR POWER RANKING 4 (READ OP!!!) (17 votes)

THE AVATAR STATE 6%
KORRA(WATER) 0%
ZUKO 6%
BOLIN 12%
KATARA 6%
LIN 12%
AANG (AIR) 0%
MAKO 59%
TENZIN 0%
TOPH 0%

NAME YOUR VOTE IN THE COMMENTS AFTER VOTING THE LEAST !!!!

OK so in this poll, we are going to determine the best team avatar members in the avatar franchise (in ascending order). It would be determined by eliminating the LEAST powerful team avatar character until we have only one standing.

The rules are simple :

- vote the LEAST!! powerful team avatar character

- vote only ONE!! candidate I.E the weakest on the list.

- post will be edited every 3-4 days with the removal of the least powerful and the votes would be refreshed.

- All feats from all media (TV, comics) applicable

- Characters physicals, hype, status, feats and bending prowess should be considered, characters should be judged based on their competence and not just bending alone. Based on how you rate each of them.

-NO AVATAR STATE POWER UP OR FEATS CAN BE USED OR CONSIDERED AS A FACTOR.

- PLS VOTE CAREFULLY AS THERE IS NO MULTIPLE CHOICE

- discussion/further explanation is allowed.

RANKINGS:

10. SUKI

11. ASAMI

12. SOKKA

LOTUS MEMBERS POWER RANKINGS COMING SOON!!!

CHECK OUT THE WATERBENDING POWER RANKING RESULT:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/most-powerful-waterbenders-avatar-comicvine-voted-2095239/

• 
Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHO IS NEXT?!!

@chloros: @vengefulshot: @rijehu: @byondeon: @masma94: @bigdreamer48:@aystarr: @emmafrostxmen: @quinlan58: @crater_maker: @indomitableregal: @captain_narlowe: @king-ragnar: @stefano: @mialthefencer: @incursion2:@psi-bite234:@freestyler1999::@co-boss:@cpt_nice: @marvelfan1992: @viking1205: @thekeys: @mrgetmebodied: @thebuckaronatr: @shepardoakenprime: @arcus1: @darthfallax: @flashkings: @scarlet_wiccan: @supermanwithatan01:@sy8000: @djudgment: @eslay03: @cocacolaman:

dratini1331@joewell@strictlyanime@nighthunder@rbt

@rogueshadow@norrinboltagonprime21@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1@ssj_god@lvenger

@princearagorn1@homicidalmaniac@ssj_god

@redbird3rdboywonder@pierpat@knightofzero

@dccomicsrule2011@lunacyde@sophia89@@geekryan @emmafrostxmen @norrinboltagonprime21@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1@lvenger

@funsiized@ssj_god@jmarshmallow

@dccomicsrule2011@lunacyde@etheral_dreams

@killerwasp@kidphillip@aressword@wbr17@korraspirit@jr_avatarexpert@dextersinister@thunderbolt30@nighthunder@metaljimmor@spartankobe@jacthripper@primebonnick@gizmorino@rijehu@myerlanski@koays@useyourname@stormdriven@hypnosis@pirateking@mitcheii@deranged_midget@abyssdarkfire@hatemalingsia@arv993@dreadpool10@batking200@sirneko@loklegends@kingvenus@marvelfan1992@martinceld@therapist1

@thenewbluebeetle007@darkdefender@hulkage@linark@just_banter@soduh2@justicethorpsylocke

@lukehero@xxxcarzellxxx@pierpat@zukolicious@jrazor@theavatarguruu@pooty@joewell

@major_hellstorm@viren809@shepardoakenprime@blacklegraph@anthp2000

@amendment50: @king22@gothamciti:@tarutaru@kigretheviking @thebuckaronatr @crimson-feather @shepardoakenprime @jdogg @gunchar1@deathhero61@gothamciti@justicethorpsylocke itachus17@major_hellstrom@captain_narlowe

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 anthp2000  Moderator

@aystarr: You tagged everyone the exact same moment we got the tags for the Character Popularity Contest, I was about to get you until I saw the notification wasn't from here.

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Co-Boss

This is definitely when it starts getting harder. Team avatars are filled with people who are at the top of their bending elements. I’m gonna need some time to think.

Looked over the list again, Mako gets the vote

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cocacolaman  Moderator

I still need to finish Book 4 but I'd say Bolin. He's sure as heck not above any of the OG team and while he might beat Mako or Lin, I'd still say he's the weakest.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BigDreamer48

It's either Bolin or Mako. Mako might be the more tactically skilled fighter for most of the series but Bolin improved a lot in Book 4. I'm leaning Mako but I want to hear what others think first.

Edit: I ended up voting Mako. I think Bolin by the end of the series can stand up to stronger benders than Mako can overall with his defense. And of course, lava!

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Scarlet_Wiccan

My vote goes to Bolin.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lavabender Bolin should NOT be going next, it has to be Lin

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see someone got their Katara vote in...

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 byondeon  Online

I would say Lin or Mako... Can't see Lin or Mako making it past Bolin. But feel Lin is slightly above Mako so bye Mako.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voting The Avatar State. Kidding. Goodbye Mako.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm leaning towards Mako

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can’t imagine Lin losing to Mako or Bolin. Also, I get that Katara is super popular, but I think a top tier metal bender, especially one with cables like Lin, is a really good match for her.

OT: Bolin has to go

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goodbye Mako. You're a cool guy (... eventually), but still.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goodbye Mako.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: You tagged everyone the exact same moment we got the tags for the Character Popularity Contest, I was about to get you until I saw the notification wasn't from here.

SMH, like I said before, your @ loves my taglist.

Just give in.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr2011 said:

I can’t imagine Lin losing to Mako or Bolin. Also, I get that Katara is super popular, but I think a top tier metal bender, especially one with cables like Lin, is a really good match for her.

OT: Bolin has to go

*super powerful, y'all be saying it as if she only gets her spot for popularity.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see someone got their Katara vote in...

Some people are wild, I'm not surprised at this point.

Voting The Avatar State. Kidding. Goodbye Mako.

Same, it's so overrated, I personally think mako is better than A.S

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I'm genuinely curious on why some fans voted Zuko, Lin or Katara.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By eslay03

I’m not going to vote on this one. From what I’ve seen, it’s down to either Bolin or Mako. The previous rounds I had enough information to give a confident vote. This round I’m only going off of TLA and S1 of TLOK.

I need to quickly finish Korra so that I can vote confidently. Lol

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03 said:

I’m not going to vote on this one. From what I’ve seen, it’s down to either Bolin or Mako. The previous rounds I had enough information to give a confident vote. This round I’m only going off of TLA and S1 of TLOK.

I need to quickly finish Korra so that I can vote confidently. Lol

LMAO, I'm sorry for the numerous spoilers you've heard from us.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I'm genuinely curious on why some fans voted Zuko, Lin or Katara.

Same, but whatever, I'm over it

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: I know she’s super powerful, but popularity is a factor here in how people vote. People said Suki would beat Mako, who happens to be excellent in CQC fire bending and lightning generation. Mako is generally disliked which is why people don’t care to support him much (I do believe he’s deserving of leaving this round or next).

Half the reason Korra is viewed as weaker than Aang is due to popularity. In reality, she’s accomplished feats that objectively require a higher degree of combat/bending skill than Aang showed us

Back to my point, the reason why I can’t say that Lin is a good match for Katara openly is that people will reject the notion that Katara is pushed by someone who isn’t an internationally renowned bending master. Metal cables and a much faster style of earth bending would push her water and ice defenses, with the former likely managing to trip her up.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr2011:

Back to my point, the reason why I can’t say that Lin is a good match for Katara openly is that people will reject the notion that Katara is pushed by someone who isn’t an internationally renowned bending master.

No, it's not because of that at all, katara has far more impressive feats and showings than Lin, her bending has worked where lin's failed on multiple occasions., popularity literally has zero effect on that. Everyone here would be a good match for everyone, that doesn't mean they're winning or they're better. Lin is also a good match for tenzin, toph, aang, zuko and korra, it doesn't certify whether or not she's better than them.

Metal cables and a much faster style of earth bending would push her water and ice defenses, with the former likely managing to trip her up.

Katara has the strongest (if not top 3) defense in the verse and has shown consistency with it blocking attacks thousands of times powerful than Lin's attack power both with water and ice, that alone debunks possibility of what you said here happening.

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ZR2011

@aystarr: you‘ve Ignored my point about mako. U even made a comment in the last thread about people hating on mako and voting for him. U are well aware of the impact popularity has on these threads by ur own admission. There is no need to backtrack now.

katara has never fought a modern style metal bender so u can’t say that she’d have no trouble. U won’t even consider the fact that Lin Beifong has some impressive speed and skill feats. All u hear is “Katara“ and u jump into a spiel about her being a master. Different bending styles have advantages over others. Bending battles aren’t pissing contests to see who hits harder. Katara is undoubtedly blocked very powerful attacks, but that’s not what my point is. My point is that Lin’s bending style, coupled with her skill/speed, would be a good counter to Katara’s water bending and make for an interesting fight. I believe Lin could trip Katara up with the cables. I’ve never seen Katara fight against them, so why should I assume she’s mastered fighting metal benders?

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 byondeon  Online

@zr2011: People always overrate Katara's fighting. While she certainly is a Master waterbender and fighter, her fighting style would be a problem for the more modern styles of fighting from LoK.

We know this because Katara is a more traditional waterbender when it comes to fighting. Sure, she is resourceful at times, but for the most part, she fight like your traditional bender.

The reason Korra struggled in the beginning when she came to RC was because the styles that had developed in the modern world was good against your more traditional styles of fighting.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr2011:

you‘ve Ignored my point about mako. U even made a comment in the last thread about people hating on mako and voting for him. U are well aware of the impact popularity has on these threads by ur own admission. There is no need to backtrack now.

First of all, I didn't ignore it, I agree with what you said about mako but Suki still got majority of the votes. What you said about popularity affecting decisions would apply to almost everywhere else but here as most users on vine are usually well informed to a larger extent and more critical and factual and this has been shown as a lot of people do prefer Suki as a character and popularity wise but still got voted out.

Secondly, the comparison you made with katara/lin and mako/suki was not the best one as because you're saying it as if no one considered anything else before making a decision which is clearly not true.

Just to get that out of the way, now to the other

katara has never fought a modern style metal bender so u can’t say that she’d have no trouble.

Literally everyone here would have trouble with Lin, I never said she wouldn't, a lot of people here haven't fought a M.S.M.B before, doesn't mean Lin is better. So this isn't useful as a point against her in comparison to other benders on here.

U won’t even consider the fact that Lin Beifong has some impressive speed and skill feats.All u hear is “Katara“ and u jump into a spiel about her being a master.

I did and I also considered katara's own too.

Except I never once compared or brought up their mastery or title feats both in my previous reply and this entire thread. These are plain lies and accusations(false) at this point.

I think this would be better if you don't personalize it by using terms like "U" implying that I did these things which I did not.

Different bending styles have advantages over others. Bending battles aren’t pissing contests to see who hits harder.

Agreed, but it's also a major factor so it would be considered alongside the other factors.

Katara is undoubtedly blocked very powerful attacks, but that’s not what my point is. My point is that Lin’s bending style, coupled with her skill/speed, would be a good counter to Katara’s water bending and make for an interesting fight.

yep, it would make a good fight.

I believe Lin could trip Katara up with the cables. I’ve never seen Katara fight against them, so why should I assume she’s mastered fighting metal benders?

The swamp vines that katara cut in S2 when they almost Tied her had almost equal speed as Lin cables and she was able to react to all of them despite them coming from different angles and being more in numbers than Lin's cables output. Her ability to cut them has also been solidified as she has cut metals on multiple occasions, like the steel chains that were strong enough to lift a submarine or the drill metal pillar that was more times thicker than the cables.

Lin doesn't have any attack feats that has shown to be more powerful than what katara defenses (which she can and has been shown to create very fast) can handle on the other hand katara's attack power has sliced through thrown boulders, stalemated larger combustion blasts than the one that broke Lin's defense (p'li) and pierced through earthshields from a more powerful earthbender(aang) with ice attacks .

No Caption Provided

There are other things where she clearly surpasses Lin at and has used to her advantage in battles before but I'll stop here for now.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon:

Dear byondeon,

my lovely friend and my fellow vine user, why are you so obsessed with saying she's not powerful?, leave her and let her reign supreme. I hope one day you come to terms with the fact that katara is a powerhouse and there's nothing you can do about it. Accept katara as your lord as savior, Join me and let's all wash ourselves in her glory and power, become one with the katara force and your doubts would be cleared just as your sins shall be forgiven, for worshipping katara is the beginning of true enlightenment and freedom. I really hope you realize that sooner than later and I would be keeping you in my prayers to her.

Yours sincerely,

Aystarr the "katara simp".