AVATAR: FEMALE BENDER RANKING TOURNAMENT

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

In this tournament, we are going to determine the best and most powerful female benders in the Avatar franchise (in ascending order). It would be determined by eliminating the LEAST powerful character until we have only one standing. I've already selected the Top 20 popular opinion from the franchise, we start from there.

The rules are simple :

- comment the LEAST!! powerful character for every round.

- Comment only ONE!! I.E the weakest on the list.

- Elimination would take place every 1-2 days with the removal of the least powerful and the next round would be available for voting.

- All feats from all media (TV, Comics, Novels) applicable

- Characters physicals, hype, status, feats and bending prowess should be considered.

- Conditions: No Restriction (Unless specified), No Comet, Neutral Time and Place.

FEMALE BENDERS:

MING-HUAP'LI SUYIN BEIFONGJINORA
LILINGHAMAHEI-RANAVATAR YANGCHEN
TOPH BEIFONGESKA KUVIRAKATARA
RANGIYALINGAVATAR KORRATAGAKA
KYA AVATAR KYOSHI AZULALIN BEIFONG

CHECK OUT THE FINISHED AVATAR VILLAIN POWER RANKING TOURNAMENT (result post would be made soon) :

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/avatar-tlalok-villain-power-ranking-tournament-2175080/

CHECK OUT THE LOTUS MEMBERS POWER RANKING RESULT:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/most-powerful-lotus-members-avatar-comicvine-voted-2162447/

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Aystarr

TOURNAMENT STARTS IN A FEW DAYS!

kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 kataraaaa  Online

Time to wank Toph! 🥳

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm feeling pessimistic lol.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How are we feeling?

Could be better.

Stratospher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, already? Going with the threat level logic - Jinora.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03 said:

How are we feeling?

Could be better.

Really, How?

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Aystarr
@stratospher said:

Oh, already? Going with the threat level logic - Jinora.

Read the 2nd comment on the thread lol. We haven't started.

Stratospher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: Eh... I have spoken. A few days won't change my mind.

What are we waiting for anyway?

Starscream37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Starscream37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: Eh... I have spoken. A few days won't change my mind.

What are we waiting for anyway?

Dramatic effect

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:
@eslay03 said:

How are we feeling?

Could be better.

Really, How?

You know exactly how.

Conditions: No Restriction

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If AS is included

Korra 🗣🔛🔝

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cocacolaman  Moderator

They’re not restricting AS dudes

Ben2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh no, this is going to be brutal. The toxicity and wanking going on will be incredible.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOTE:

- Mobile users Should use Desktop Mode to see the full list of characters in the tournament from the Table below.

- Voting more than one character in a round will not be counted, please notify when a vote is changed.

ELIMINATION ROUND 1 BEGINS, VOTE!!!

MING-HUAP'LISUYIN BEIFONGJINORA
LILINGHAMAHEI-RANAVATAR YANGCHEN
TOPH BEIFONGESKAKUVIRAKATARA
RANGIYALINGAVATAR KORRATAGAKA
KYAAVATAR KYOSHIAZULALIN BEIFONG

Who goes out first ?

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Started earlier than expected, who do we have out first?

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who’s Tagaka?

Jinora

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stratospher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Stratospher

I already voted. Jinora shouldn't even be here. She might be a powerful bender, but she is not a combatant. In season 3 she complained to Tenzin, saying that she's as good of an airbender as he is, and yet a few episodes earlier she needed Kai to save her from a Dai Li agent.

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra out first

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jinora

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 viking1205  Online

Katara

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jinora

Starscream37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyoshi

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Kya.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Straight-Fire

Jinora.

Avatar image for deactivated-654d15f5f3f34
deactivated-654d15f5f3f34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jinora.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

I already voted. Jinora shouldn't even be here. She might be a powerful bender, but she is not a combatant. In season 3 she complained to Tenzin, saying that she's as good of an airbender as he is, and yet a few episodes earlier she needed Kai to save her from a Dai Li agent.

This is some hardcore lowballing. That rock glove attack went right past Mako and Bolin's faces, grabber her, and then returned to the agent before anyone could process what even happened (and we're talking about two characters that were proven were Red Lotus++ level a few episodes later).

Kai beat that agent exactly because he was holding onto Jinora with one of his arms, otherwise he and everyone else would've gotten blitzed the same way. If anything, Jinora herself is the reason they got out of that tunnel alive.

Stratospher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

This is some hardcore lowballing

Stating a fact is not lowballing.

That rock glove attack went right past Mako and Bolin's faces, grabber her, and then returned to the agent before anyone could process what even happened

Or the brothers just didn't bother dodging it, seeing how it wouldn't even hit either of them. And no, everyone processed what happened perfectly fine. You can even see Kai standing near Jinora tracing the glove with his eyes the entire time. The brothers weren't statued while this was happening either.

and we're talking about two characters that were proven were Red Lotus++ level a few episodes later

So that random Dai Li agent was above Red Lotus++ level? And Tenzin to boot? If we're believing Jinora's statement.

Kai beat that agent exactly because he was holding onto Jinora with one of his arms, otherwise he and everyone else would've gotten blitzed the same way

Kai beat that agent because he dodged his attack and then immediately followed it by two of his own, and the agent failed to react to either of them. You'd think someone who is allegedly so much quicker than his opponents would manage to raise an obstacle to an above ground air blade that's about to trip you even with one arm and both legs. Unless you want to argue that Red Lotus < The brothers < Jinora <= Tenzin < The Dai Li Agent < Kai.

If anything, Jinora herself is the reason they got out of that tunnel alive

Which doesn't change the fact that she was useless and helpless in that fight, and needed Kai to save her.

kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kataraaaa  Online

Jinora - she should've gotten more feats

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@stratospher:

Stating a fact is not lowballing.

How about ignoring a whole 3-years worth of master level training and experience for Jinora? She was good enough to hold off the most powerful army in the world alongside some sub-master (i.e. sub-Zhao) level fodder in Opal by season 4.

No Caption Provided

This scale stomps Zaheer, who stomped Kya (twice in one minute mind you). In fact it stomps most females on this list, which is why you see several credible debaters not voting for Jinora above. It proves Jinora's words of wisdom of being just as good an airbender as Tenzin.

Or the brothers just didn't bother dodging it, seeing how it wouldn't even hit either of them. And no, everyone processed what happened perfectly fine. You can even see Kai standing near Jinora tracing the glove with his eyes the entire time. The brothers weren't statued while this was happening either.

They were not fast enough to do anything to stop the attack from reaching its target. Periodt.

So that random Dai Li agent was above Red Lotus++ level? And Tenzin to boot? If we're believing Jinora's statement.

I don't see the problem here. Besides, why would Jinora expect to get attacked when it was the brothers fighting the Dai Li? She probably thought she could count on them and was caught off guard. Little did she know.

Unless you want to argue that Red Lotus < The brothers < Jinora <= Tenzin < The Dai Li Agent < Kai.

Outside the Kai part, the rest is plausible based on on screen evidence. Although Zaheer fought AS Korra (and it wasn't even baseline AS Korra), so he's probably >> the rest of his team, so we can exclude him.

Which doesn't change the fact that she was useless and helpless in that fight, and needed Kai to save her.

Why are you lyin'?

Stratospher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Stratospher

@anthp2000:

How about ignoring a whole 3-years worth of master level training and experience for Jinora?

Firstly, i didn't ignore it, i literally acknowledged that she might be powerful. Secondly, there were no "three years worth of master level training", the air nation spent those three years helping the Earth Kingdom, not sitting in their temples and training.

She was good enough to hold off the most powerful army in the world alongside some sub-master (i.e. sub-Zhao) level fodder in Opal by season 4

Firstly - what? If anything, Opal pulls more weight in that feat, considering she's maintaining the tornado by herself while Jinora is projecting for help. Remind me a comparable feat from Zhao. Secondly, they didn't hold back the most powerful army in the world. They held back the infantry. Kuvira's army has tanks, mecha suits and airships.

This scale stomps Zaheer, who stomped Kya (twice in one minute mind you)

Interesting. I remember arguing about this with you a while back, and you were defending Kya fiercely, and arguing that the fight could've gone either way. But no, this scale doesn't stomp Zaheer. His snowstorm feat showed comparable, if not better scale. And he did it by himself.

From Zaheer to the
From Zaheer to the "camera" is just the radius of the storm.

In fact it stomps most females on this list, which is why you see several credible debaters not voting for Jinora above

I only recently became a "regular" here, i don't know almost anyone enough to consider their opinions credible. Nor i have a reason to trust yours about them being credible, since it's likely that you think so just because their opinion tends to align with yours. As to the scale - it's not all there is to being a good bender. Tenzin never showed anything remotely comparable to Zaheer's snowstorm and yet he is confidently above him in borderline every other category of bending. It's reasonable to assume Tenzin can replicate either of these feats. Unfortunately high tier characters like him rarily get an opportunity and necessity to go out like this. Toph's library feat, which is one of the major reasons she is considered the best earthbender in the verse (everyone else simply doesn't have anything to compete with that one) was also caused by a necessity.

It proves Jinora's words of wisdom of being just as good an airbender as Tenzin

The only thing this feat shows is that Jinora demonstrated a greater feat of scale than Tenzin. She didn't do absolutely anything to reasonably assume she can compete with at least someone like Zaheer in a fight. 1v1 bending duels are rarily won by scale.

They were not fast enough to do anything to stop the attack from reaching its target

They never even bothered trying to do anything to stop either of attacks aimed at them in that fight. They just kept dodging them, even though there were two kids behind them. A bit careless, but that's the way that fight went.

I don't see the problem here

Um... okay. A unique perspective.

Besides, why would Jinora expect to get attacked when it was the brothers fighting the Dai Li?

Because the Dai Li weren't there just after the brothers? Because the Dai Li fought the brothers only because the brothers were in their way, as they sentenced Kai to death for treason? Don't make her seem stupid.

Why are you lyin'?

Being useful on accident and against her will is not something she should be credited for. She literally didn't do anything to help. At best it was a mistake on the agent's part, not Jinora's effort.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cocacolaman  Moderator

Jinora

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imma still say Korra, sis couldn't even beat depression .

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 anthp2000  Moderator  Online
anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Changing my vote to Lin Beifong.

Stratospher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: So, you're not convinced, but not stubborn enough to keep going. Do i read the situation right?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 anthp2000  Moderator  Online
Stratospher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Stratospher

@anthp2000: It was a genuine question. Did i convince you or do you just not care enough about the topic to continue the argument. I was curious about this in our previous debate too. I also didn't get how changing your vote from Kya to Lin relates to it.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@stratospher: Well, I've exhausted myself. The thing is, someone not used to this level of argumentation would be able to tell I've been trolling from the get-go. As have the people voting for Korra, Kyoshi et cetera. But it would appear Reddit means getting used to it. Which is unfortunate.

I don't know what our previous debate was, but usually I just don't care to continue past a point where it's clear nothing will change. Unless it's an official debate, I have neither the energy nor the time.

Stratospher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Makes sense. I've seen plenty of much much dumber takes that people were aruing seriously to believe you, especially when it's the second time we're talking, and the first one was over a year ago, may be two. And dry text doesn't translate trolling well without obvious giveaways. Thanks for clarifying.

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korraalone: honestly, lets just all vote korra out first round. Who's gonna stop us

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eska. I’m in my Pro-Jinora phase which will last another 12-15 hours or so when this round is over.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ANTHP was bored earlier, I see.