chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Create your own Pro-bending team!
Create your own Pro-bending team!

• You can use characters from both series, this includes villains.
  • They would all train and work together to try and be the best team and win the tournament.
  • You still have to follow the Pro-bending rules, and I'm guessing things like bloodbending would not be allowed.
  • Who would you select?

My Team

~Water~

Initially I was thinking Ming-Hua for her agile reflexes, but after re reading the rules, her style may not be well suited to this game. Quoting from the wiki, "Each water blast cannot exceed one second in duration, meaning that waterbenders may not use any form of a constant hose-like stream of water against their opponents." And water can only be pulled from specific zone lines, so I do not think she would be allowed her signature water arms...Instead, I am choosing a young

No Caption Provided

Avatar Kuruk: He excelled at learning his elements and liked to search the world for worthy opponents to challenge him in bending contests. He is confident, well-liked and enjoys showing off and impressing people. These can be beneficial attributes when under pressure and being watched by large crowds. He was one of the best Pai Sho players, a game involving both strategy and chance. I think he would genuinely appreciate pro-bending and love playing it.

~Earth~

No Caption Provided

Haru: He was willing to practice his earthbending even when it was forbidden by the Fire Nation who ruled over his village. Like his father, he is courageous and willing to fight against the odds. This is a strong mentality to have and is something that can come in handy if you are playing from behind or on a losing streak. This may be insignificant, but he was precise in moving small earth stones with just his hands, not far off from regulation disks. With enough practice, I am confident he can pull it off!

~Fire~

No Caption Provided

Azula: This is more of an obvious choice lol. Azula is extremely competitive and strategic. These traits are shown even while she is on vacation at the beach. Azula was not able to fully relax and could not keep her mind off beating someone. She sees a volleyball match taking place and immediately went into game mode. Azula directed her team on how to win as well as spotted a weakness in the enemy player. She was quick to exploit it and win the game. After, she states that she had fun, so I am guessing pro-bending would be fun for her too! Being a part of the royal family gives her a good amount of wealth which can help with getting nice uniforms and a private gym to train in. Azula is the driving force behind this team.

The face of my team, Krurk, with all his charm, can win over the audience. I imagine that would also be a good way to get support and sponsors too. Haru is the heart of the team and helps keeps the others humble. Azula is the team captain and mastermind who can lead them to victory. I think Kuruk and Haru are easy going enough that they would not bump heads with Azula when she is in charge and giving plans. I'm not sure what our team name would be. Maybe Azula's Blue Dragons. I feel like Azula would be selfish and want it named after herself in some way lol.

Side note: I wonder if this game is going to change in the future since there are so many Airbenders now. Would they add a fourth person and zone? What would the rules and restrictions on airbending would be.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@chloros: Interesting. Are there any other intricacies/restrictions to the game? Like for instance, I didn't know about the water duration rule. What about subbending? For example, could a waterbender use ice?

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cocacolaman  Moderator

Azula, Suyin and Roku (Water)

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Azula, Kuvira, and Korra (water). All of these ladies are very athletically coordinated, and have the combination of precision and power that they'd need for pro-bending.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By chloros

@indomitableregal: Yes there are many rules. Ice is not allowed, neither is steam. Water has to be kept as a liquid. For earth, there is no metalbending, sand or dust allowed. They can only bend regulation rock discs from their zone. With fire, you can't use continuous fire blasts, lightning or take head shots. Avatars may only bend one element.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By IndomitableRegal

@chloros: Okay. Got it, thanks.

I'll take Zuko, Kuvira, and Amon.

• Amon is one of the best combatants in the verse and has proven time and again to be difficult to tag, even without bloodbending. I know he doesn't have much in the way of traditional waterbending feats, but as a bloodbender, he has to have a certain level of prowess, and scaling from Tarrlok's bubble feat, he should be more than fine.
  • Zuko is in the same boat as a combatant. He's one of the better defensive firebenders, and his windmills/flares can come in handy (...aight I just wanna see it in pro-bending lol). Also, I don't want another dominant personality like Azula.
  • I view Kuvira as the earthbending equivalent of Azula. Maybe not as much agility, but her bending speed is among the best in the verse, and I think the earth discs play right into her strengths. And she's one of the best tacticians in the verse.

**Amon could be a challenge as a teammate given his feelings towards benders, but I think Kuvira could convince him to work with them rather than against them.

I wonder if this game is going to change in the future since there are so many Airbenders now. Would they add a fourth person and zone? What would the rules and restrictions on airbending would be.

I don't think they would since airbenders still aren't widespread. It's basically still just Tenzin's group. If they did, I think the restrictions would stop them from both elevating a certain distance off the ground, and maintaining elevation for longer than maybe a few seconds. I think there would also be a restriction on the size of air blasts -- like no tornados lol.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Water - I'm going to say unalaq, he's precise and great at redirection while also having the physicals to be effective. He would also be good at reading and adapting to opponents .

Earth- honestly I'll just stick with bolin, I'm not confident in any other earthbender ability to utilize discs the way he does, not even kuvira. His knowledge and experience of the game would also help him and his teammates.

Fire - Hei-ran, her Agni-kai record is enough to assume that she'll be good at 1v1 close-mid range battles, I also don't doubt her ability to keep up physically because she's was an high Ranking military Commander, her ferocity could also be very useful and intimidating to the opponents.

I don't think they would have a hard time working together, unalaq Is smarter than not cooperating with bolin because of past issues.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By viking1205

Bolin

Korra

Mako

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal:

Nice pick with Amon, I think he could work!

I don't think they would since airbenders still aren't widespread. It's basically still just the Tenzin's group. If they did, I think the restrictions would stop them from both elevating a certain distance off the ground, and maintaining elevation for longer than maybe a few seconds. I think there would also be a restriction on the size of air blasts -- like no tornados lol.

Yeah I suppose their is still not quite enough of them to change up the sport. Tornados are definitely a no no lol, I think they want to keep most attacks on the small side. Airbenders natural agilities would really make them dangerous in this setting. So restricting elevation is a good idea.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai, Kuvira, Unnalaq

DJudgment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earth - Toph

Water - Unalaq

Fire - Azula

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Azula would kill the whole team and then parade over it y'all.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers