byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By byondeon
No Caption Provided

Which bender in the Avatar Franchise earned the title of Master at the youngest age?

For example, we know that Aang was considered to be the youngest Airbending master until Jinora took his place at age 11. Katara was considered a Master at a very young age as well, around 13/14, and Amon at that same age.

But is there anyone that have become a master at a younger age than them?

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How old was Korra when she passed her fire test? Because water and earth would have come before and at a much younger age.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Jinora got it younger than Aang and I think Korra may have gotten it younger than Katara/Amon. Toph’s probably the youngest earthbending master, her or Yun, and nobody knows who the youngest firebending master is.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The term 'master' is a very flexible one, and there is no way to know the level for many characters at that age, but Toph is the first that comes to mind. We meet her at 12 years of age, but she was already the Blind Bandit for years prior. Pakku also started training in waterbending before he could stand, which is... quite absurd.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The term 'master' is a very flexible one, and there is no way to know the level for many characters at that age, but Toph is the first that comes to mind. We meet her at 12 years of age, but she was already the Blind Bandit for years prior. Pakku also started training in waterbending before he could stand, which is... quite absurd.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Azronger

@supremegeneration said:

How old was Korra when she passed her fire test? Because water and earth would have come before and at a much younger age.

She was 17 when she passed her firebending test. If an equal time was spent practicing each element, then she would have mastered water at the age of 8 ((17 - 4)/3 + 4), although that's merely an assumption.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:
@supremegeneration said:

She was 17 when she passed her firebending test. If an equal time was spent practicing each element, then she would have mastered water at the age of 8 ((17 - 4)/3 + 4), although that's merely an assumption.

She was 16 at the beginning of the series.. She wasn't 17 yet when she was in the south pole.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ANTHP2000

@azronger said:
@supremegeneration said:

That's not really a logical assumption given basic human development both on a mental and physical level at this age. Even prodigious, her ability to absorb knowledge and apply it would increase with the years.

@byondeon: Wrong. She was 17 when we meet her in the White Lotus compound.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Azronger

@anthp2000: That is true, but I don't find any of these numbers realistic to begin with, and consider the series to have too many unnaturally gifted prodigies. Regardless, I would expect waterbending mastery to come very young to Korra as she is physically talented and it is her native element, and there's the precedent for Jinora reaching airbending mastery at 11.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:
@supremegeneration said:

That's not really a logical assumption given basic human development both on a mental and physical level at this age. Even prodigious, her ability to absorb knowledge and apply it would increase with the years.

@byondeon: Wrong. She was 17 when we meet her in the White Lotus compound.

Mako is 1 year older than Korra and he was 17. 17 - 1 = 16

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ANTHP2000

@byondeon: Mako was 18. Their ages were listed in their profiles on Nick.com, and mentioned in the first SCDD for the series. Go get your information straight before correcting people.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

@anthp2000: That is true, but I don't find any of these numbers realistic to begin with, and consider the series to have too many unnaturally gifted prodigies. Regardless, I would expect waterbending mastery to come very young to Korra as she is physically talented and it is her native element, and there's the precedent for Jinora reaching airbending mastery at 11.

They need to do a sequel of sorts to "Friend's for Life". I've always thought showing the end of Korra's training with Katara would be a treasure trove.

It would show how early she had mastered waterbending to the standards of the greatest waterbender in the world. Even showing a waterbending sparring match between them would be a delight.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

That is true, but I don't find any of these numbers realistic to begin with, and consider the series to have too many unnaturally gifted prodigies. Regardless, I would expect waterbending mastery to come very young to Korra as she is physically talented and it is her native element, and there's the precedent for Jinora reaching airbending mastery at 11.

Why?

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How old was Jinora when she was considered a master? How old was Azula when she did her demonstration for Azulon? How old was Toph when she learned from the badger moles? Actually...it might be Toph. Wasn't she supposed to be like 5 years old?

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How old was Jinora when she was considered a master? How old was Azula when she did her demonstration for Azulon? How old was Toph when she learned from the badger moles? Actually...it might be Toph. Wasn't she supposed to be like 5 years old?

Jinora beat Aang to be the youngest Airbending master at 11, as mentioned in the OP.

@byondeon: Mako was 18. Their ages were listed in their profiles on Nick.com, and mentioned in the first SCDD for the series. Go get your information straight before correcting people.

Korra was 16, Mako was 17, and Bolin 15. According to canon by Michael/Bryan..

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: I honestly don't know if you're trolling or are just plain immature enough to pretend you're right at this point. There's no way you aren't smart enough to check the multiple official sources that prove you're wrong. I refuse to believe that.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: I honestly don't know if you're trolling or are just plain immature enough to pretend you're right at this point. There's no way you aren't smart enough to check the multiple official sources that prove you're wrong. I refuse to believe that.

Maybe you are right..