AVATAR: AIRBENDER RANKING 7 (READ OP!!!)

• 51 results
Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll AVATAR: AIRBENDER RANKING 7 (READ OP!!!) (27 votes)

KORRA(AIR) 19%
TENZIN 7%
AANG(AIR) 7%
ZAHEER 67%

OK so in this poll, we are going to determine the best Airbender in the avatar franchise. It would be determined by eliminating the LEAST powerful airbender until we have only one standing.

The rules are simple :

- vote the LEAST!! powerful Airbender

- vote only ONE!! candidate I.E the weakest on the list.

- post will be edited every 3-4 days with the removal of the least powerful and the votes would be refreshed.

- All feats from all media (TV, comics) applicable

- Characters physicals, hype, status, feats,subbending(s) and Airbending should be considered, characters should be judged based on their competence and not just bending alone. Based on how you rate each of them.

-NO AVATAR STATE POWER UP OR FEATS CAN BE USED OR CONSIDERED AS A FACTOR.

- PLS VOTE CAREFULLY AS THERE IS NO MULTIPLE CHOICE

- discussion/further explanation is allowed.

RANKINGS:

5. JINORA

6. KAI

7.MEELO

8. OPAL

9. BUMI II

10.IKKI

Jinora is OUT!!!, four benders left, who goes next??!!!

The waterbender rankings comes out tomorrow!!!

The earthbender ranking result is out also, check it out

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/avatar-most-powerful-earthbenders-vine-voted-2085007/

• 
Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Aystarr

WHO GOES NEXT?!, ALSO, THE WATERBENDER RANKING WILL BE OUT TOMORROW!!

@chloros: @vengefulshot: @rijehu:@aystarr:@psi-bite234:@byondeon:@aystarr:@masma94: @emmafrostxmen: @quinlan58: @crater_maker: @indomitableregal: @captain_narlowe: @stefano: @mialthefencer: @incursion2: @freestyler1999:@co-boss:@cpt_nice:@marvelfan1992: @viking1205: @thebluedragon20:@thekeys: @bigdreamer48: @mrgetmebodied:@zr2011:

dratini1331@joewell@strictlyanime@nighthunder@rbt

@rogueshadow@norrinboltagonprime21@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1@ssj_god@lvenger

@princearagorn1@homicidalmaniac@ssj_god

@redbird3rdboywonder@pierpat@knightofzero

@dccomicsrule2011@lunacyde@sophia89@@geekryan @emmafrostxmen @norrinboltagonprime21@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1@lvenger

@funsiized@ssj_god@jmarshmallow

@dccomicsrule2011@lunacyde@etheral_dreams

@killerwasp@kidphillip@aressword@wbr17@korraspirit@jr_avatarexpert@dextersinister@thunderbolt30@nighthunder@metaljimmor@spartankobe@jacthripper@primebonnick@gizmorino@rijehu@myerlanski@koays@useyourname@stormdriven@hypnosis@pirateking@mitcheii@deranged_midget@abyssdarkfire@hatemalingsia@arv993@dreadpool10@batking200@sirneko@loklegends@kingvenus@marvelfan1992@martinceld@therapist1

@thenewbluebeetle007@darkdefender@hulkage@linark@just_banter@soduh2@justicethorpsylocke

@lukehero@xxxcarzellxxx@pierpat@zukolicious@jrazor@theavatarguruu@pooty@joewell

@major_hellstorm@viren809@shepardoakenprime@blacklegraph@anthp2000

@king22@gothamciti:@tarutaru@kigretheviking @thebuckaronatr @crimson-feather @shepardoakenprime @jdogg @gunchar16@arcus1@deathhero61@gothamciti@justicethorpsylocke @itachus17@major_hellstrom@captain_narlowe

Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zaheer just doesn't have the skill, or power of the others. He has enough study of air bending to achieve flight, but it doesn't really translate to over all skill. Comparing zaheer to any of the ones left is like Hermione Granger to Severus Snape. One of is well studied and knowledgeable, but the others just have more experience, skill, and power.

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zaheer can’t keep up. Bye bye

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Zaheer, then Korra, then Tenzin, then Aang

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zaheer just doesn't have the skill, or power of the others. He has enough study of air bending to achieve flight, but it doesn't really translate to over all skill. Comparing zaheer to any of the ones left is like Hermione Granger to Severus Snape. One of is well studied and knowledgeable, but the others just have more experience, skill, and power.

Couldn't have said it better myself. He is a knowledgeable fighter, and that's why he does so well in fights, but the others are just more powerful and skillful with airbending than he is.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra. Zaheer is better than her.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c
deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenzin. Korra is a better airbender, and flight puts Zaheer above him.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zaheer goes. Korra follows. Tenzin leaves later.

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zaheers only real improvement after losing to tenzin was flight and while it makes the match up closer, Tenzin won too decisively before for me to think flight gives Zaheer the win.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

Aang > Korra > Tenzin > Zaheer.. Tho Jinora should have been above Tenzin and Zaheer but Zaheer get overrate to all hell thanks to flight..

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
@geekryan said:

Aang > Korra > Tenzin > Zaheer.. Tho Jinora should have been above Tenzin and Zaheer but Zaheer get overrate to all hell thanks to flight..

I really can't see any reason as to why Korra > Tenzin

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Aystarr

@zr2011: @bigdreamer48: @viking1205: @geekryan:Can korra with air only take on flight zaheer?, his advantages are being dismissed here.

Zaheer was moving almost comet-firejet speed in the final battle with korra lol, and was evading large AOE attacks only Ozai had shown also delivering precise and accurate airblasts.

With flight, he can keep up with almost all the top tiers in the verse that I don't see korra doing.

He's above her both in combat and aptitude, she should be the one going TBH, her charged airblast against the colo-mech is not enough to place her above him

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

@zr2011: @bigdreamer48: @viking1205: @geekryan:Can korra with air only take on flight zaheer?, his advantages are being dismissed here.

Zaheer was moving almost comet-firejet speed in the final battle with korra lol, and was evading large AOE attacks only Ozai had shown also delivering precise and accurate airblasts.

With flight, he can keep up with almost all the top tiers in the verse that I don't see korra doing.

He's above her both in combat and aptitude, she should be the one going TBH, her charged airblast against the colo-mech is not enough to place her above him

With flight for Zaheer and Korra being restricted to airbending only, she probably can't win.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: Exactly!!, I don't know why no one is seeing it.

You also voted him right??

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

I voted Zaheer but then looked at his feats again, and Korra's, and changed my mind. Can't change my vote though lol.

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: u should try to be impartial instead of pushing everyone to vote your way

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra has more power and is actually trained. Her technique, while unorthodox, is incredibly effective. She was so comfortable with airbending that it became her dominant element. Zaheer can fly but he’s a worse air bender in every other way

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@byondeon said:
@geekryan said:

Then rewatch season 2 forward.. And you will see. Also, read the comics.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
@geekryan said:
@byondeon said:
@geekryan said:

I have read the comics. Outside of the AS, Korra has no feats to put her above Tenzin.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aystarr

@zr2011 said:

@aystarr: u should try to be impartial instead of pushing everyone to vote your way

Lol, like as if that's gonna happen, I do vote and make arguments also just like everyone else, me being the op doesn't mean I can tilt anything to my favor , for example, this, you can clearly see zaheer is on the losing edge which I'm not for, and it has happened alot in others also, I'm just making a case like everyone else does, I hope that's clear .

The only way I can be impartial is if I don't participate, and I shouldn't participate unless I'm a judge or something like that, but the votes are shown and I don't decide anything and even though I'm op, I'm still a participant, lol.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr2011 said:

Korra has more power and is actually trained. Her technique, while unorthodox, is incredibly effective. She was so comfortable with airbending that it became her dominant element. Zaheer can fly but he’s a worse air bender in every other way

Korra power is the only advantage she has and it's not even that much, she doesnt make up for the sheer aptitude and mastery zaheer has for the element.

- her mobility with air is below his, her airspout was struggling in speed with DA unalaq, zaheer was outspeeding AS korra, far better mobility and speed than hers, korra has no AOE attack (with air) that zaheer cannot evade, he also has a faster attack speed and also precise/accurate attacks, he can easily nigh-spam her with attacks like he did with AS korra and she'll get overwhelmed.

Her best bet is her slightly superior power but still it would be effortless as zaheer has resisted power attacks (air) that's above hers.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Aystarr

@geekryan said:

@byondeon said:
@geekryan said:
@byondeon said:
@geekryan said:

I have read the comics. Outside of the AS, Korra has no feats to put her above Tenzin.

This, she has more feats but not ones that are above tenzin's

But also, I was conversing about this with @mialthefencer: the other day, and he did show comparable power and potency feat between korra and tenzin, and I think it's common knowledge that she has the better physicals,

My opinion could change if I see more skilled/precise air attacks from korra, that's what holding her back IMO, if she has that then she should be able to replicate most if not all of tenzins feat, but she tends to rely on raw power Most of the time which doesnt stack up overall.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr2011:

@zr2011 said:

@aystarr said:

If you're talking about this then I wasn't trying to push the vote my way, I was just asking since they contradicted themselves in two comments.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

@geekryan said:

@byondeon said:
@geekryan said:
@byondeon said:
@geekryan said:

This, she has more feats but not ones that are above tenzin's

But also, I was conversing about this with @mialthefencer: the other day, and he did show comparable power and potency feat between korra and tenzin, and I think it's common knowledge that she has the better physicals,

My opinion could change if I see more skilled/precise air attacks from korra, that's what holding her back IMO, if she has that then she should be able to replicate most if not all of tenzins feat, but she tends to rely on raw power Most of the time which doesnt stack up overall.

She HAS feats that put him to shame.. He is more precise with his airbending, however Korra's power and skill in fighting is above Tenzin..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr:

This is pretty skilled and precise:

No Caption Provided

Individualized and passively maintained, even when Asami leaves and she has to fight Tokuga. Tenzin had to actively maintain a single group bubble in a similar situation when in the Equalist police station.

No Caption Provided

And then there's this, where she's creating a vacuum with airbending. The only other person to do this is Zaheer, and his is much slower and not nearly as large.

And her airspout feats are much better then Tenzin's as well.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra, then Zaheer, then Tenzin, then Aang

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: Flight really only gives Zaheer more mobility and speed. I personally think it's overrated. It gives him a range advantage against most people, and gives him the option to run away, but Korra can actually win fights against other faster benders, and has better defense (blocked an explosion) than Zaheer does. While Zaheer may be able to beat her in a fight, I think she has more technique when it comes to airbending itself because Zaheer kind of just blasts people when it's convenient. Mial posted a lot of feats that have convinced me of Korra's airbending capabilities, and although Zaheer is quite good for a rookie airbender, I don't think he's a master of the element itself, more so a master fighter instead, which Korra is too by EoS and Comics).

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mialthefencer:

for the first scan , I don't know if you're talking about the first feat or the second

But in the first one,Tokuga was distracted and the attack was charged

While the second feat is impressive, it's still not combat related ,this could be compared to katara's feat of creating water umbrella or bending soup, while they do showcase some form of mastery, they are not applicable in combat settings or even most settings and can't be used as a decisive factor .

- korra's asphyxiation attack was also charged as shown in the full scan, this won't be applicable against tenzin who is also a powerful airbender and anyone with relatively high speed, her asphyxiation is also not as impressive as Zaheer's, zaheer's technique is much more accurate/precise and controlled as he creates a more detailed vacuum and also draws air from their lungs literally taking their breath away as shown when air leaves his victim's mouth, korra created a charged aoe vacuum which is good but not as skillful as zaheers.

- in conclusion, after seeing her best feats, like I said before, she doesn't have battle applicable skill and precision and definitely not one that can begin to compare with tenzin's, her comparable power gap in relation to tenzin's doesnt make up for his combat skill/ precision and battle feats over her.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Aystarr

@bigdreamer48 said:

@aystarr: Flight really only gives Zaheer more mobility and speed. I personally think it's overrated. It gives him a range advantage against most people, and gives him the option to run away, but Korra can actually win fights against other faster benders, and has better defense (blocked an explosion) than Zaheer does. While Zaheer may be able to beat her in a fight, I think she has more technique when it comes to airbending itself because Zaheer kind of just blasts people when it's convenient. Mial posted a lot of feats that have convinced me of Korra's airbending capabilities, and although Zaheer is quite good for a rookie airbender, I don't think he's a master of the element itself, more so a master fighter instead, which Korra is too by EoS and Comics).

First of all, I don't think it's confirmed that korra is a master or zaheer is not one by EOS/comics

- I do agree that korra has more showing of techniques than zaheer, but zaheer has had her beat in any similar technique they possess and also has the better aptitude. And most importantly,

Even though she has more, Zaheer's techniques/ skillset is more useful against her and in any combat scenario generally,

The mobility and speed that flights gives him is superior to hers, most of her techniques would be useless in a battle against him, is she gonna use an airshield against someone who wouldn't even play with close range combat?, or what AOE attack is she gonna send to him that he doesn't have feat of dodging/resisting?, let's not forget he has his own advantages like superior attack speed and accuracy, even with the very longe range he was able to land an attack on a moving AS korra . Also, air korra against other benders (top tier) is going to strrugle more than zaheer because she's going to have to factor more of her skillset and techniques in the battle to even pull a win compared to his easier long range position with nigh-spammable attacks which would be aided by his already top tier offensive advantage.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: That's fair. I found it implied that she became a master since she stopped training with Tenzin, but you're right. It is not confirmed. A fight against Zaheer is going to be long lasting because of his mobility, I think we can both agree on that. I'm just not sure if he'll be able to put people down as fast as Korra might if he's keeping his distance and focusing on evading. I have been ranking these by how well the user works with the element itself with technique, and how they fight, not how they would fare in a fight against each other, because when it comes to 1 vs. 1, it is hard to determine who is the most powerful because some characters would do better against other characters in certain circumstances. Like I said, Korra has more technique, so I feel like she has a better overall mastery, but Zaheer is a better fighter than Korra with just air because of the mobility his flight gives him. Still voted for Zaheer because of the first reasoning that I agreed with.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

@mialthefencer:

for the first scan , I don't know if you're talking about the first feat or the second

Please tell us how it was charged.. She entered the ship, as you can see in the scan. That's it. You see nothing after that that shows her charging the attack.

But in the first one,Tokuga was distracted and the attack was charged

Neither was charged from the scans.

Here is the scan before she used the tornado:

No Caption Provided

While the second feat is impressive, it's still not combat related ,this could be compared to katara's feat of creating water umbrella or bending soup, while they do showcase some form of mastery, they are not applicable in combat settings or even most settings and can't be used as a decisive factor .

Could also be comparable to Zaheers air draining feat as well. And not charged. And it shows she has precision. It is applicable in combat. You saw Zaheer do it against Korra.

- korra's asphyxiation attack was also charged as shown in the full scan, this won't be applicable against tenzin who is also a powerful airbender and anyone with relatively high speed, her asphyxiation is also not as impressive as Zaheer's, zaheer's technique is much more accurate/precise and controlled as he creates a more detailed vacuum and also draws air from their lungs literally taking their breath away as shown when air leaves his victim's mouth, korra created a charged aoe vacuum which is good but not as skillful as zaheers.

But she was not charging it tho. Zaheer did. Tho he drained them whereas she didn't. As she didn't wanna kill because you know, she didn't want to kill her girlfriend.

- in conclusion, after seeing her best feats, like I said before, she doesn't have battle applicable skill and precision and definitely not one that can begin to compare with tenzin's, her comparable power gap in relation to tenzin's doesnt make up for his combat skill/ precision and battle feats over her.

That are not her best feat, I would argue her best feat is this, tho it is a defensive feat, it still stopped an explosion point blank and a similar explosion was literally blowing Aang away (tbf to Aang, he was in the air while defending himself):

No Caption Provided

Then you have this, which we have not seen TEnzin able to do:

No Caption Provided

She has other feats as well. Like when she stopped herself, Asami, Mako and Wu from dying:

No Caption Provided

She can defend herself with this airbubble from getting slammed into a wall or a rock. Her airbubbles I would say are the most durable ones we have seen, with the possible exception from AS Aang in the last episode.

Her mobility is really great too with air

No Caption Provided

Korra shows she can use the Air-equivalent of a waterspout. She does it in a fight tho she uses rocks and not air but the point is she can use it in a fight. And let's face it, she did really well in the fight (she was winning the fight against Unalaq until he bonded with Vaatu).

No Caption Provided

Here she uses Airbending to knock out fodder.

I can go on on her feats but will be another post.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to correct myself, we have seen Tenzin doing the airball but that was in season 1 and only once. Korra have done it several times and shown she is better at it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr:

Sorry, I was talking about the air bubbles around her and Asami's head. It's a really good feat because she's maintaining them passively, even when Asami leaves and she starts fighting. Tenzin, by comparison, had to actively maintain his bubble at the police station during the Equalist attack.

It's not combat related, but she's already done almost everything he has and more besides in terms of combat, so I'm showing it as a demonstration of general mastery.

korra's asphyxiation attack was also charged as shown in the full scan, this won't be applicable against tenzin who is also a powerful airbender and anyone with relatively high speed,

It's charged, but it's perfectly combat applicable against benders as formidable as brainwashed Mako and Bolin, who are capable of putting Kuvira on the run. I doubt it would work on another airbender, but it seems incredibly useful against anyone else (especially firebenders... no firebending in a vacuum). And Mako and Bolin are fast; not as fast as the fastest characters in the verse, but still capable of keeping up with them,.

her asphyxiation is also not as impressive as Zaheer's, zaheer's technique is much more accurate/precise and controlled as he creates a more detailed vacuum and also draws air from their lungs literally taking their breath away as shown when air leaves his victim's mouth, korra created a charged aoe vacuum which is good but not as skillful as zaheers.

It may not be as skillful, but it's a lot more combat applicable.

My question is what battle applicable skills does Tenzin have that Korra doesn't? The main reason I could see putting Tenzin above Korra pre-comics is that he actually fought at a high level with airbending alone, while Korra never did, but Korra one shotting Mako and Bolin removes that argument from play. Now he's faced with someone who's got a lot more feats, better physicals, more raw power, comparable overall skill, and an even better combat record with the element.

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really don't see how Korra is considered better than Zaheer as an airbender. I probably missed something.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really don't see how Korra is considered better than Zaheer as an airbender. I probably missed something.

You did miss something.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr:

My question is what battle applicable skills does Tenzin have that Korra doesn't? The main reason I could see putting Tenzin above Korra pre-comics is that he actually fought at a high level with airbending alone, while Korra never did, but Korra one shotting Mako and Bolin removes that argument from play. Now he's faced with someone who's got a lot more feats, better physicals, more raw power, comparable overall skill, and an even better combat record with the element.

Tenzin doesn't really have any feats that Korra can't replicate. The only ones I can think of is these (and Korra should be able to do them, but she never showed doing anything like this):

Sending a mecha tank flying
Sending a mecha tank flying
Holding back a cop while he being dragged to a giant magnet
Holding back a cop while he being dragged to a giant magnet
This must be the coolest shit in the verse
This must be the coolest shit in the verse
A protective air bubble, similar yet different than Korra but not as effective (did he dodge or redirect and Ice Shard from Ming Hua as well simultaneously here?)
A protective air bubble, similar yet different than Korra but not as effective (did he dodge or redirect and Ice Shard from Ming Hua as well simultaneously here?)
Omnidirectional Airbending
Omnidirectional Airbending

Korra could do these, but have not really displayed any of these. So can't attribute them to her. But these are combat applicable and Korra have done nothing of them

Here are some feats fighting from Tenzin, wouldn't put these above Korra, but still impressive:

Tenzin is a badass not gonna lie

Here he chases Zaheer, showing he is more mobile and skilled as he blocks attacks from Zaheer.
Here he chases Zaheer, showing he is more mobile and skilled as he blocks attacks from Zaheer.
Here you see Tenzin block Ming Hia and attack Zaheer simultaneously while also airbending Ghazan
Here you see Tenzin block Ming Hia and attack Zaheer simultaneously while also airbending Ghazan
His Airbending is strong enough to push back a Mecha Tank
His Airbending is strong enough to push back a Mecha Tank
Airbending 2 Equalists enough to push them into a wall, 1 of them being the Lietenant and sweep Amon off his feet
Airbending 2 Equalists enough to push them into a wall, 1 of them being the Lietenant and sweep Amon off his feet
Kind of like Toph and Lin's seismicsense (not sure if these can be attributed to airbending, but I would bet on it). Then he use the fact he got tagged by the bolas and airspout them in the air and throw them away. All the while dodging a kick
Kind of like Toph and Lin's seismicsense (not sure if these can be attributed to airbending, but I would bet on it). Then he use the fact he got tagged by the bolas and airspout them in the air and throw them away. All the while dodging a kick

All GiF's are from here:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/avatar-respect-thread-tenzin-1873666/

Don't want to take credit when I didn't create them. Not sure where the RT user got them, if he made them himself but that is where I got them from at least.

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
@indomitableregal said:

You did miss something.

Damn. When you put it that way, how could I possibly disagree.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
@indomitableregal said:

You did miss something.

It's impossible to disagree when I put it that way..

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
@indomitableregal said:
@byondeon said:
@indomitableregal said:

You did miss something.

Truly. I think...I've now seen the light.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
@indomitableregal said:
@byondeon said:
@indomitableregal said:

You did miss something.

Truly. I think...I've now seen the light.

I always help people see the light. It's my gift to the world..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mialthefencer: Lol, was a deactivated acc so was unsure exactly who made it. But gotta give credit where it's due.

Would you say those are above or below Korra's top feats?

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By byondeon

@mialthefencer: Korra have one of the best Airbending feat in the show, tho it was in AS so doesn't count here:

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: @mialthefencer: well, since most of the scans have been shown, I wouldn't be using any.

- with these, I think what I said before plays here, Tenzin has more and better battlefeats than korra and her being able to replicate them is big time speculation when She hasn't shown most of these at all like twisters, airwheel and detailed airslices and the one she has shown has tenzin being superior like his nigh-psychic minispouts and his easier drawn airspouts, not to talk of battle application.

- Tenzin also has better skill and control in general as he is more refined and has displayed locomotive airbending.

@byondeon:

-The second feat(asphyxation) is clearly charged, it took 2-3 panels for the attack to form In the OG, read it again.

- tenzin has done the Airscooter before

- Kind of like Toph and Lin's seismicsense (not sure if these can be attributed to airbending, but I would bet on it). Then he use the fact he got tagged by the bolas and airspout them in the air and throw them away. All the while dodging a kick

- I think the term you're looking for is hypersensitivity and yes, it's attributed to airbending giving him better reflexes in and out of combat.( another thing korra hasn't shown)

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

@byondeon: @mialthefencer: well, since most of the scans have been shown, I wouldn't be using any.

- with these, I think what I said before plays here, Tenzin has more and better battlefeats than korra and her being able to replicate them is big time speculation when She hasn't shown most of these at all like twisters, airwheel and detailed airslices and the one she has shown has tenzin being superior like his nigh-psychic minispouts and his easier drawn airspouts, not to talk of battle application.

As I said, some of them are not applicable to Korra seeing as she has not performed some of the moves. But then again, I also think that she COULD do it if she decided to learn it. She has shown most feats Tenzin have tho. He has not shown anything superior in terms of Airbending, besides the ones shown that she has not performed.

- Tenzin also has better skill and control in general as he is more refined and has displayed locomotive airbending.

This is not the case. Korra have better controll of the things they can both do. Korra have better airscooter, she have better spouts, she have better offensive attacks and not to mention her defense I would argue is above Aang.

@byondeon:

-The second feat(asphyxation) is clearly charged, it took 2-3 panels for the attack to form In the OG, read it again.

What asphyxiation? You mean Bolin/Mako one? Yes that one was, not the airbubble on her and Asami tho. Neither the actual you know, thing that knocked Tokuga out when she entered the Airship, which he quickly got up from.

- tenzin has done the Airscooter before

You are right and I corrected myself after. Korra's is better however.

- Kind of like Toph and Lin's seismicsense (not sure if these can be attributed to airbending, but I would bet on it). Then he use the fact he got tagged by the bolas and airspout them in the air and throw them away. All the while dodging a kick

- I think the term you're looking for is hypersensitivity and yes, it's attributed to airbending giving him better reflexes in and out of combat.( another thing korra hasn't shown)

Agree she hasn't shown it, however she is still more skilled even tho Tenzin have that advantage.

This is above anything Tenzin have ever done
This is above anything Tenzin have ever done
This shows her power. She managed to push the Giant Mech back when Tenzin and other Airbenders failed to do so. And this was not in the AS, contrary to what people actually believe. This is not to show she is more skilled but that she has more power behind her attacks. Tbf tho, it was charged a bit before, but so was the other Airbenders attacks that was less powerful than Korras alone.
This shows her power. She managed to push the Giant Mech back when Tenzin and other Airbenders failed to do so. And this was not in the AS, contrary to what people actually believe. This is not to show she is more skilled but that she has more power behind her attacks. Tbf tho, it was charged a bit before, but so was the other Airbenders attacks that was less powerful than Korras alone.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're familiar with Korra's airbending catalogue than you should know she has already done everything Tenzin has and things he has never done.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/tenzin-vs-korra-air-fire-and-earth-2034851/?page=2

Furthermore Tenzin admitted at the end of S2 he had nothing else to teach her, so it's bizarre to suggest she isn't a master when he has her training new students in S3, unless of course you disagree with Tenzin's own opinion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon:

Would you say those are above or below Korra's top feats?

I'd say they're below Korra's top feats (Colossus air blast, airspout against Unalaq, bomb-blocking, and asphyxiation are all better IMO).

@aystarr:

well, since most of the scans have been shown, I wouldn't be using any.

- with these, I think what I said before plays here, Tenzin has more and better battlefeats than korra

He definitely doesn't have more feats, and I don't think his feats are better either. Restricting feats purely to feats from fights with significant other benders removes some of Korra's best feats (Colossus airblast, bomb blocking) and all of Tenzin's best feats (airspout against chi-blockers, mecha-tank blast, opener against the Red Lotus). Korra still has her airspout against Unalaq and her asphyxiation as high-end combat feats, and her basic air amped agility and blasts are as good or better than Tenzin's.

and her being able to replicate them is big time speculation when She hasn't shown most of these at all like twisters,

If you mean the air cocoon he was in when he got blasted by P'li, you're right, but I don't see why that matters. Korra's airspout proved far better mobility:

No Caption Provided

airwheel and

Again, Korra's airspout is far superior.

detailed airslices

I'm not sure what this means, but it's not like Korra can't use detailed airblasts or air slices:

Air slice strong enough to stun a mech suit. These things no-sold Bolin's earthbending in book 4.
Air slice strong enough to stun a mech suit. These things no-sold Bolin's earthbending in book 4.
Note both the power in pulverizing rock and the little detailed air wheel that the last blast makes when it hits the last guy.
Note both the power in pulverizing rock and the little detailed air wheel that the last blast makes when it hits the last guy.

and the one she has shown has tenzin being superior like his nigh-psychic minispouts and his easier drawn airspouts,

Korra's air spout is far better in terms of speed and maneuverability:

She can summon it fast enough to dodge attacks after they're fired.
She can summon it fast enough to dodge attacks after they're fired.
Showing extreme speed (look at how the ground is blurring) and maneuverability with quickly changing the angle of the spout.
Showing extreme speed (look at how the ground is blurring) and maneuverability with quickly changing the angle of the spout.

not to talk of battle application.

Korra's used airbending effectively against Dark Avatar Unalaq and Kuvira, and outright one-shotted brainwashed Mako and Bolin. By comparison, it took Tenzin over four minutes to beat pre-Void Zaheer. Beating Zaheer and briefly standing up to the Red Lotus are good, but I just don't see them as better than (or even as good as) Korra's feats, let alone better by a such a margin as to outweigh Korra's physicals, power, mobility and technique advantages.

I disagree that Tenzin's shown better control. Korra's breathing bubbles in the comic scan I posted as well as her vacuum creation is more control then Tenzin has shown. I'm not sure what locomotive airbending means, but Korra's air amped mobility is far beyond Tenzin's thanks to her spout.

I think the term you're looking for is hypersensitivity and yes, it's attributed to airbending giving him better reflexes in and out of combat.( another thing korra hasn't shown)

Hypersensitivity is very basic (Daw showed it after a week or so of training), so I think Korra probably has it just because of that. Korra's reflex feats are outright better than Tenzin's, so even if she doesn't have it, it doesn't make her slower in any way then he is.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Aystarr

@byondeon:

- As I said, some of themf are not applicable to Korra seeing as she has not performed some of the moves. But then again, I also THINK that she COULD do it if she DECIDES to learn it. She has shown most feats Tenzin have tho. He has not shown anything superior in terms of Airbending, besides the ones shown that she has not performed.

- Think,could,decide, all these are still speculations and headcanons, she hasn't shown any of these and doesnt have any similar/relatable feats that shows she can, which are facts and all that matters.

It's like saying since Kai hasn't learn flight yet, but you think he could If he decides to learn it so because of that he's better than zaheer. Which would be invalid in any measurement of prowess or battle.

This is not the case. Korra have better controll of the things they can both do. Korra have better airscooter, she have better spouts, she have better offensive attacks and not to mention her defense I would argue is above Aang.

-False!, this is the case as control is an important factor of bending prowess under any condition, korra does not have better control, her airscooter is comparable to tenzin's children own which is also comparable to tenzin's own, there is no feat or showing that suggests that.

Korra does not have a better spout than tenzin, while korra has used it for mobility more than him, tenzin has created minispouts with almost zero movements and factored them into battles , and has also created large spouts with less effort than korra even under harder conditions, he has more variation in this than korra

Korra doesn't have better offensive attacks, tenzin outclasses her in this as well, clearly, tenzin has feats using air slices, Air waves, spout blasts, airblasts and constructed air or several occasions, this has more showings of precision and variation than korra's airblast and spoutblast which are her base attacks

I think you might be referring to her offense power in this, which she doesn't still have above tenzin as they are comparable, her largest and best subbending power feat was the one against the colossus which was a very charged attack, her base attacks still doesn't/ at most does compare to tenzin's Own of pushing mecha tanks back or sending them flying in the air with just one gesture, none of her base air attacks even stacks up to that but based On Comparison, They can be put on the same level in that aspect, not much difference for it to be a decisive factor for any of them.

What asphyxiation? You mean Bolin/Mako one? Yes that one was, not the airbubble on her and Asami tho. Neither the actual you know, thing that knocked Tokuga out when she entered the Airship, which he quickly got up from.

I didn't say the airbubble was charged , I said the asphyxiation was which is clearly right, and the spoutblast was but I stand corrected on that, I have been thinking the transition panel was an attack formation all along. It Still doesn't help her anyways.

- I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at that last part but if it's korra's fight with DA unalaq, the only impressive thing I can thing I can think of is her airspout which tenzin has shown (but with no mobility tho) and her offense power which is nothing impressive compared to tenzin's own.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Aystarr

@mialthefencer:

I'm currently on Other things rn And I'm quite exhausted so I may not go in on everything but You Can check the comment above.

- we're still walking over the same points which is that korra has impressive feats but are mostly powerbased which won't matter when she's facing someone of roughly comparable power level. If we use an All feat Comparison to each other, it would end in inconclusive. There is a measurable power level to work on which would stand as the basis in this segment and the point is they're equals in this. Unless you think korra has a Very Large power advantage over tenzin .

If you mean the air cocoon he was in when he got blasted by P'li, you're right, but I don't see why that matters. Korra's airspout proved far better mobility:

Again, Korra's airspout is far superior

- All the moves I mentioned her was to shown tenzins superior precision and variation, korra's airspout isn't the answer to everything and if that's the only variation she has shown, it says a lot about her bending prowess In air compared to tenzin's.

Korra's air spout is far better in terms of speed and maneuverability:

Which I've admitted, you keep taking my statement out of context , how does her better mobility on airspout gives her superior skill over tenzin who has also created airspout Under more unfavorable conditions and Used different variations at that?.

-Korra's used airbending effectively against Dark Avatar Unalaq and Kuvira, and outright one-shotted brainwashed Mako and Bolin. By comparison, it took Tenzin over four minutes to beat pre-Void Zaheer. Beating Zaheer and briefly standing up to the Red Lotus are good, but I just don't see them as better than (or even as good as) Korra's feats, let alone better by a such a margin as to outweigh Korra's physicals, power, mobility and technique advantages.

I was talking To the user about the tendency of korra being able To replicate some feats she hasn't shown or seem to know, in a battle. Once again, it's been taken out of context, I didn't dismiss korra's own battlefeat. Also, you canNOT Use the time of the video as the time tenzins battle against zaheer was especially when it's filled with cutscenes, that's a reach and is invalid .

I disagree that Tenzin's shown better control. Korra's breathing bubbles in the comic scan I posted as well as her vacuum creation is more control then Tenzin has shown. I'm not sure what locomotive airbending means, but Korra's air amped mobility is far beyond Tenzin's thanks to her spout.

I meant mid-motion bending, and korra air bubble doesn't dismiss tenzins other feats of nigh-psychic bending and easier draw speed he has With body gestures.

Hypersensitivity is very basic (Daw showed it after a week or so of training), so I think Korra probably has it just because of that. Korra's reflex feats are outright better than Tenzin's, so even if she doesn't have it, it doesn't make her slower in any way then he is.

"probably" is speculation, that's invalid, basic or not, the fact is she doesn't have it and he does and it improves he's reflexes, tenzin already has top tier physical prowess, and hypersensitivity aids him, so it's still an advantage to him not only against her but in combat generally .

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:

If you're familiar with Korra's airbending catalogue than you should know she has already done everything Tenzin has and things he has never done.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/tenzin-vs-korra-air-fire-and-earth-2034851/?page=2

Furthermore Tenzin admitted at the end of S2 he had nothing else to teach her, so it's bizarre to suggest she isn't a master when he has her training new students in S3, unless of course you disagree with Tenzin's own opinion.

Even tho she is a master air bender, tho I wonder if she is the only master that have not tatooed herself in arrows..