The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

#401  Edited By The Mast

YO!

Do you feel that, as important as new readers are, the Big Two often forsake those of us who essentially make these movies possible by supporting the comics? What I mean is that do you feel they take us for granted for having been here so long? Sometimes I feel that way, especially in terms of re-numbering and reboots. Do you think they need to consider this?

My first comic was Daredevil #187. It wasn't a #1 issue. I think more people should be made to do the leg-work rather than having the comics WE support be changed according to the movies (Which has happened in terms of costumes and this Avengers Assemble series). People who don't dig comics won't get into comics. Wasn't this what the Ultimate universe was supposed to be for?

I know this is a few questions, but you get he concept.

Kyjeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#402  Edited By Kyjeremiah

1.) with night of the owls, death of the family, rise of the third army, rot world and next year's trinity wars do you think its too early for DC to put out these crossovers/events with the new 52 only being over a year old?

2.) are there any recently canceled marvel books that you wish got re-booted with marvel now, for me i would love to see a new solo punisher book and not part of some team

2nzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403  Edited By 2nzy

Yo G Man

Long time follower,1st time poster

I had to sign up and post because I have 2 very important questions,

you're the man to answer these and im sure many others need to know these answers too!

1:Digital comics,where can you download these?

the services of Comixology are impotent because they work in the manner of youtube charging you $4 per video

if you could only view the videos you had paid $4 for it would die quickly

when they go bust you will lose all the files you had access to and your money is wasted

where can you download digital comics?

pdfs or something for use on your pc not phone or tablet

I have no idea why anyone would want to read on a tiny phone!?

offline not online is best

tho a netflix style service would be ok

$8 for a month,access to full site catalogue,

cant see comixology doing a fair service like this when they're asking $4 per issue!

so we need your help! :)

2: Do we really have to wait a week to catch the gorgeous Sara Lima on Friday's?!

Cant we see a lil more of her!?! pretty please! :p

cheers G (Big) Man! ;)

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#404  Edited By saoakden

Like the videos, I have some more questions

1. Where is Harry Osborn?

2. Who would you like to see join the Uncanny Avengers?

3. Who is the biggest threat to the DC Universe: Doomsday, Darkseid, Joker, Black Lantern Corps, Sinestro Corps, Lex Luthor or General Zod with an army of Kryptonians?

4. Do you think team books are better with a large cast or a small cast?

5. Can Kryptonian get a human pregnant or a human get a kryptonian pregnant?

Zaigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405  Edited By Zaigre

Who would win in a one on one. Please try to explain why.

1. Iron Fist vs. Moon Knight (Iron Fist one shoting the hellicarrier does not count in one on one)

2. Hawkeye (Clint) vs. Green Arrow (Pre new 52)

3. Animal Man Vs. Swamp Thing

Mutie199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#406  Edited By Mutie199

So i have seen the Walking Dead tv show, and i heard the comics were great so i wanted to ask if you think i should read the comics or just keep watching the show? And are the comics the same with the show or is the story different in some ways?

Mandrewgora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407  Edited By Mandrewgora

Hey Tony I recently finished watching Twin peaks and saw that you really liked the show. Just a quick question what the heck do you think is up with that last episode, and wouldn't it have been awesome if they had more then two seasons?

Avatar image for crazyflashfan11
crazyflashfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408  Edited By crazyflashfan11

Sup, G-man!

1. Who do you think has the seventh spot in the Justice League? Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, Booster Gold, Hawkgirl, Deadman, etc.?

2. If the Justice League rumor is true, who should be the up-front villain for the next Batman: Arkham City game?

3. In my opinion, Swamp Thing is probably the best book of the New 52, but how come nobody ever really talks about it?

ShrimpDino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 18

#409  Edited By ShrimpDino

Hello Again Gman

I have 3 questions

1. What did you think about Guarding The Globe 2012 comics

2.Whats your Top 5 favorite episodes of Batman The Brave And The Bold cartoon

3.If the Invincible series gets a cartoon/anime series or a video game who would be a which of these voice actors would you like to play Invincible

Will Friedle(Terry McGuiness,Blue Beetle)

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Will-Friedle/

Johnny Yong Bosch(Ichigo,Vash)

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Johnny-Yong-Bosch/

Josh Keaton(Spiderman,Flash Wally West,Green Lantern Hal Jordan)

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Josh-Keaton/

Yuri Lowenthal(Iceman,Sasuke,Teenage Ben 10)

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Yuri-Lowenthal/

ClintsEvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410  Edited By ClintsEvilTwin

Hey G-Man, really enjoy the videos. Quick Question. Do you think that after a year or so Superior Spider-man will eventually segue into Jeph Loeb's and J. Scott Campbell's run on Spider-man that was announced 5 or so years ago. Tom Brevoort says that it is still coming eventually.

scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#411  Edited By scuzz2.0

Hey G-Man.

1) With DC having success with lesser known characters like Animal Man and Swamp Thing, what obscure characters should Marvel have given a shot with NOW!?

2) Have you heard about the Liberators series Pitched by Marjorie Liu and Mike Perkins? If so what do you think of it and why and why do you think it was rejected by marvel?

3) When Loeb wrote Hulk it was a terrible book yet it was always a top seller. Parker made the book awesome yet for some reason under him it lost so many readers it had to be re-branded. can you explain this? why doesn't quality = sales?

4) How much is piracy hurting the comics industry?

thanks G

BoyWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412  Edited By BoyWander

What are your thoughts on Manga?

Spidermac17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413  Edited By Spidermac17

Hey G-Man im a big fan of Iron Fist and I haven't seen him around lately (asides from New Avengers and Defenders got too weird for me).. do you think will be seeing him anytime soon with Marvel Now!>? And what are your feelings on Iron Fist? Also Ryan Gosling for Iron Fist live action movie, Yay or Nay?

Avatar image for nomadicxnightmare
nomadicxnightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey G-man, thanks for continuing with the 'Ask G-man' videos. They have become a favorite part of my week. A couple of questions for you:

1) Have you heard any information about possible cast selection for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie? Who do you think would be good actors to play Starlord, Gamora, etc.? Personally I think Vin Diesel was born to play Drax; his Annihilation incarnation screamed Riddick!

2) Do you think the constant hero vs. hero stories and big crossovers (Marvel in particular, but DC also) are the result of a lack of exceptional villains? With a few notable exceptions (Batman, Spiderman), IMO there never seems to be enough well conceived and challenging villains for heroes to face. Some books I really have a hard time reading because the rogue galleries are so lack luster, overused, or not challenging enough (Superman, Daredevil). Others, the actual good villains end up becoming so popular the writers reform them and become they heroes/anti-heroes (Magneto, Venom), defeating their original purpose. What do you think it would take for writers to start creating new legitimate and memorable villains and get the heroes back to fighting worthy bad guys?

notarandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#415  Edited By notarandomguy

Hey G-man, awesome videos as always and thanks for answering my questions, I just read the original Ghost Rider Series or more like the First Johnny Blaze series and I have some questions:

Who you dig as Ghost Rider?

Was Alejandra a good Ghost Rider?

Why do you think the Avengers have never take on Black Heart?

A crossover between The Avengers and Defenders happens, who do you think they should face? an alliance of Blackheart, Mephisto, Dormammu, Lilith would be good

Who do you think would be an awesome Ghost Rider or an unexpected as a Spirit of Vengeance?

What do you think would happen if Punisher gets the power of Vengeance ?

(That aside, here are some random questions)

Have you ever seen a Kamen Rider series or read a volume?

Is Arrow worth watching?

What are your thoughts on the SHIELD tv show?

Which one did you like the most, The Immortal Iron Fist or the last Moon Knight series?

(I know how busy you are so, sorry they're so many)

BCreatures16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416  Edited By BCreatures16

We've recently seen a Wonder Woman crossover in Batwoman. Which other female superheroes/villains would you want to see team up with or fight against Batwoman?

Do you think we'll see another anti-hero book on the caliber of Secret Six? What are the chances of Scandal Savage coming to the New 52?

Spidermac17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417  Edited By Spidermac17

Werd G-Man, i'm really enjoying the Arrow series and since its being filmed in Vancouver (where im from) it got me thinking what heroes you would put in certain cities, (Marvel or DC) like would you have all the Marvel characters based in New York (because really what are the odds of that)? What hero would you want in your city? I think its important to take into account costume choice for example Green Arrow would be a good choice for Vancouver since he wears leather and it rains a lot here. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

Hey G-Money a few questions for you

1) With the MARVEL: NOW books vs NEW 52 , How do you feel about them making these changes to established characters and now that the move has been made, which company is doing a better job at the transition

2) Speaking on NEW 52, It seems they are making a effort to mix in some Wildstorm characters. So that got me thinking any word on the addition of MILESTONE characters? With Static Shock and the addition of Icon and Rocket on Young Justice, it seems there could be some Hardware or Shadow Cabinet appearances soon.

3) Please help me with this, I know it's been asked before, but I need to know it's driving me nuts...is AVENGERS ASSEMBLED part of the current continuity?? If Not...No biggie it was a fun read, but if it is....HOW THE FUNK DID STARLORD ESCAPE AND RICHARD RIDER IS BEING REPLACED BY SAM!??!

Stay Frosty My brotha!

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Has there been any news on the witchblade movie?

BCreatures16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420  Edited By BCreatures16

Hey G-Man,

1) How does the Kane family fit into Bruce Wayne's family tree?

2) In Batman #0, Bruce mentions that Phillip Kane is a part of his family. Does that mean Batman is related to Kate Kane as well?

3) Is Bruce's mother a part of the Arkham family in the New 52 or just in Earth One?

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421  Edited By mattwing87

Which of Nightwing's costumes is your favorite? (Black and Red, Black and Blue, Brown and Red, or the Hippy Mullet Disco suit)

Vulshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422  Edited By Vulshock

Hey Tony.

Are you guys still reading Batwoman? Have you tried reading the issues together? It really makes it easier to follow and it was a huge improvement reading the issues back to back.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423  Edited By Mezmero

Which stranger do you think is strangest? The Phantom Stranger from DC or The Stranger from Marvel.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#424  Edited By krspaceT

I apoligize for all the questions, but i accidetaly had more posts here than I realized

1. What is the best intro theme for a Superhero T.V show. Which do you prefer, the opening to Teen Titans or Avengers, Earth's mightiest heroes
  2. Due to how long it will take to get to this point, how much hate is Marvel Now getting? How much of it is deserved. Its it overhyped?
  3. Who would win in a fight, Superman or Black Bolt?
  4. Would Ben 10 or Generator Rex work in the DC Universe.
  5. Will Alpha Flight ever return
  6. Should Wonder Woman get her own second book, such as Sensation Comics as been suggested
  7. Could Geoff Johns make Ambush Bug a B list hero? Would people buy such a book?
  8. Who is the Geoff Johns counterpart at Marvel, as Namor is to Aquaman and Batman to Captain America/Wolverine
  9. Can Cyclops use his optical blast to fly or propell himself vertically
  10. Do characters affected by the Rot recall the Rot messing with their head?
  11. Would a army of Bigfoot be a good plot point for any A list hero to deal with? With axes and a desire to kill all humans
  12. Could Death of the Endless appear in the New 52 or is she now strictly Vertigo?
  13. Do you think Obsidian or Jade will appear in some form? I mean, they are experimenting on same gender reproduction and Earth 2 does seem a little more advanced than Earth normal. Its quite possible they could have the DNA of Sam, and blend it with Alan's. One half Green like Jade, the other controlled by the Gray like Obsidian.
  14. Should heroes use lethal force more or less, particularly with really dangerous villians like Joker, Graviton or others.
  15. If, in Spiderman 700, Uncle Ben had returned from the dead and kills Peter, how would the fans react
  16. Would the Gargoyles and Xanatos be better in DC or Marvel. You know, Greg's Gargoyles, origin of the Xanatos gambit?
  17. How strong is Caitlin Fairchild
  18. Why do you think DC nation was held back? Scheduling for game, anniversary problems, the Milestone Rumor or the Stephanie Brown rumor?
  19. Could Tefe be a member of the Legion of Superheroes if she can't appear in the current era?
  20. What Lantern Corps would have been good to see in a ongoing like the Red's? I would like to see the Sapphires but that's just a teenage guy talking.
  21. Who would you rather have to help you on a science project: Static or Spiderman? Would Static and Spiderman (Peter Parker) get along well? Winner in a fight: Static or Spiderman?
The Finality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425  Edited By The Finality

G-Man, if you could develop super powers, DC Comics style, what type of powers would you want? Multiple overpowered abilities with one overall weakness (ie. Superman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman), One power that allows you to do a hundred different things with that one power (ie. The Flash), A talisman that grants you super powers (Green Lantern, Dr. Fate), or just advanced skills and training with money, resources, and technology (ie. Batman and Green Arrow)?

ripjim93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426  Edited By ripjim93

G-Man, I was wondering if you had read The Umbrella Academy? If so, what did you think and do you know why the third part has been delayed almost three years and if its ever actually coming out?

Also i remember seeing a Green Day tour poster on your wall, and i was wondering where you got that?

Kiltro95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427  Edited By Kiltro95

As of the time of this post Ghost #1 has been released and reviewed on the website (unimportant remark, made me eager to pick up a copy) anyway... What are your thoughts on dark horse revising this character?

Should Dark horse revise their other heroes such as X, Titan, Motorhead, and Barb Wire, if so which one would you like to see?

Bobzenub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#428  Edited By Bobzenub

I know it is probably too late to ask these questions since you may get to them only after the season, but here it goes:

What are your favourite horror comics or comics that may fit into the Halloween theme (outside the obvious Hellraiser series)?

Also, do you prefer anthologies of short horror stories, which format has a long-running tradition in the genre (Creepy, Eeerie, EC horror comics and more recently Cthulhu Tales), or do you like the more "modern" approach of limited or even ongoing series?

And last: do you have any long-kept horror comic idea? Something original, or a franchise you would like to see in comic book format, maybe a horror-esqe story with pre-existing comic book characters, like Marvel Zombies? As for me, for instance, I've been writing short stories that fit into the Matthew Sturges' House of Mystery theme of bar patrons from many different universes telling their stoires to even the tab.

DrewV99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#429  Edited By DrewV99

Have you read Superman Godfall

Twoface777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430  Edited By Twoface777

Hey G-Man, I wanted to tell first of all how much I love ComicVine and i think you do a great job. My question is if you thing Batman's Hush would make a good villain in Christiphor Nolan's Batman. I personally I think he would be excellent.

Avatar image for theelusivenewreader
TheElusiveNewReader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never really liked Superman or anyone in the Super family. I mean I'm not part of the drooling Anti-Superman mob that seems to exists everywhere, He just never did it for me. I know this is a difficult kinda question but can you think of a few story archs that may change my mind off the top of your head?

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432  Edited By htb106

G-Man, If Damian Wayne is so moody at the age of 10, what will it be like when he becomes a Bat-Teenager?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#433  Edited By Teerack

Considering the only characters Marvel cares about anymore are put on an avengers team. What non avengers characters would you want to see become an avenger?

I wanna see Black Cat as an avenger, or maybe even Nick Fury Sr. on the Marvel now New Avengers Illuminati team.

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434  Edited By vandinejd_1991

Hey G-Man,

I have a couple questions do that but before I get to that I want to clarify the pronunciation of my username. It's VAN as in the vehicle, DINE as in diner and then the letters J and D which are my initials and then 1991. Anyway, Here they go:

1) Is Thanos the greatest threat that the Avengers have faced and if you think so how will they top Thanos when it comes to the third Avengers film?

2) How would you top the threats that Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America will face in Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe when it comes to Phase 3?

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

what do you think of Hal Jordan possibly-spoiler-becoming a Black Lantern and how this may deal with the Third Army?

Twoface777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436  Edited By Twoface777

In the new iron man trailer there's an American themed iron man, you guess that he's Rhoody. But isn't very possible that that's the same armor that Norman Osborn has when he takes over shield and calls it hammer. It looks the same to me.

Avatar image for thatcoolguysteven
thatcoolguysteven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Disney Just Bought LucasFilms who also now owns Marvel, So i was wondering if you think that there might be a possibility of a Starwars/Marvel Crossover? Like Marvel Universe Vs. The Galactic Empire with each issue having Darth Vader vs. Captain America. Chewy vs. Beast, Jango Fett vs Iron Man, Yoda vs Thor, or what would be my favorite Deadpool Kills the Star Wars Universe!....lol

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438  Edited By mattwing87

I got a couple of complaints about comics that come out nowadays...

Why don't publishers number comic pages anymore? It seems they stopped doing that after the '90s

Why do comics cost what they cost today? ($2.99/$3.99). Do you think they will pass $3.99 someday? It seems we pay 10 cents a page even for the pages with advertisements which those companies should have paid money to put their ad on a page and we shouldn't have paid money for that page when it seems they already paid for that spot. I could be wrong on how the cost of issues cost. I feel like comics could be a $1 cheaper if we don't pay for the pages that have ads on them.

Mini_Bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439  Edited By Mini_Bat

Hey G-man

Love the podcast

1) what your favorite super hero family in Marvel and DC ( like FF, Power Pack, Bat or Flash family) and do you think we should see more of them then we already do?

2) Is there a character or characters that you feel like are always in the background in comics but could be use for so much more, for example the cast from New X-men like Anole and Blindfold might get one line and seen in the hallway in Wolverine and the X-men but never really uses even though they were great characters in older series.

3) What is the best all-age comic you can think of? (Like Tiny Titans Power Pack mini series, and lil Gothem)

4) What the must insane only in comics monent you can think of? Like how Superboy Primes' punch bringing Jason Todd back to life

Spidey4EVER21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440  Edited By Spidey4EVER21

Hey Gman, I got a couple of questions...

1.) Do you think Michael Bay should make Transformers 4? If so should they bring in Unircon and Galavatron?

2.) Will Brainiac be a good villain for the Man of Steel to start the franchise?

Spidermac17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441  Edited By Spidermac17

G-Man!!, in your opinion whats the best series out right now based prominently on a female or female characters?

Avatar image for theincrediblemre13
theincrediblemre13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since the new 52 happened does that mean ( if it hasn't already happend ) that the reaverse Flash's cacel out his prediction that one of Walley's kids will destroy him ?

Avatar image for theincrediblemre13
theincrediblemre13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you ever read the Joker Mask cross over? and if so did you like it?

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444  Edited By SuperJedi17

I have a couple of questions.

1.Nightwing VS Daredevil,who wins?

2.I love the original star wars trilogy,but haven't read any comics,what would be a good series to try out in trade?(old or new doesn't matter)? p.s. luke and vader are my favorite hero and villain in SW respectively.

glcl2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445  Edited By glcl2814

Hey G-Man! First time asker, long time viewer.

My question is this: Do you think it's possible that Pre New 52 continuity is actually one of the 52 earths of the multiverse? If you look at past events, if a story was popular enough (like Kingdom Come or The Dark Knight Returns) They kept it around as one of the many Earths that came BACK during the Infinite Crisis.

Call me crazy, but I prefer to believe that the stories I grew up with are simply one of the Earths that could still be out there and unexplored.

Take that Barry Allen and your Cosmic Treadmill.

Thanks!

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446  Edited By gotwillpower

Hi G-Man,

I've been a long time Batman fan, and I just read most of the classic and modern Batman stories in the past few months (I got into comics this summer). However, after reading Dan Slott's Big Time, I have to say that I actually like Spider-man's comics more than Batman's! Why do you think this is? Is it that Spider-man's a more relatable character? Is it because those stories are much lighter than Batman's? Since you are both a Batman and Spider-man fan, I thought you could shed some insight on the matter.

(Clarification: I like Scott Snyder's Batman more than Dan Slott's Spider-man, but I like Dan Slott's Spider-man more than other Batman stories_.

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#447  Edited By thatlad

what sorry arcs/runs would you recommend if I was trying to show someone the true substance of comics? That they're not "cartoon in a book"

For example I like to point to god loves man kills, it's a self contained story that reflects well on a real life problem of prejudice. It's well written but enjoyable.

It's easy to point to watchmen, maus etc so for this question only marvel/dc

new_onslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448  Edited By new_onslaught

Hi G-Man,

I've been following Comic Vine for a few months now and I have to say I find the Q & A videos/ podcasts really helpful in expading my knowledge on comics in general.

My first question is what's the difference between Vertigo and Image as far as writers and artists are concerned? I was asking because they both publish creator-owned comics and I was surpised to see Morrison who's been at DC for a lot of years, going to Image to publish Happy instead of Vertigo.

Second question: What do you think of Hellblazer getting canceled and the new Constantine series?

Thanks for your answers! (sorry if my English were bad. Greek guy here! :))

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

@EdwardWindsor said:

1) Do you think we will ever see the rumoured Pixar animated marvel movie ( i beleive the rumour was antman)

Hold up. ANT-MAN IS GOING TO BE ANIMATED?!?!?!?!?!

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#450  Edited By EdwardWindsor

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@EdwardWindsor said:

1) Do you think we will ever see the rumoured Pixar animated marvel movie ( i beleive the rumour was antman)

Hold up. ANT-MAN IS GOING TO BE ANIMATED?!?!?!?!?!

Key word was rumoured who knows could be but i think it wil lstick with the same vein as the other marvel films and go for RL action.