Art or Words?

Airstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Airstrike

What is more important to you?  To me, art is more important!  I want great art, I don't care how great the story is if the art sucks I don't want it.  I would say Art 80%/ story 20
%.  Now don't misunderstand me either I want a great story too but not a the sacrifice of the artwork!  If I want to read a bestselling novel, I would ( I read around 24 novels a year).  I buy comics for the artwork but I am curious what/how other fans fell on this.  That is why I am not that impressed when they get big name authors to write the story especially if that means they are going to cut corners on the art, something I think Marvel has been doing lately because the big name artist haven't been drawing for them as much!

Tobias Leitner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Tobias Leitner

Both. If a comic has bad art, I think it can take away from the story, and no matter how pretty your pictures are, they can't save a crappy story.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By pixelized

Art.

I get distracted by uglyness and in turn, can't focus on the Words 
Avatar image for deactivated-5a867073cc016
deactivated-5a867073cc016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

hmm, well I love the Lucifer series and although I love the art a lot, I still read the issues where the art sucks cause the story is awesome :D

and Sandman, the art is terrible but I love the series!!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
The Art... there is some artwork done in comics that is so hideous it will distract me from actually reading the captions sometimes...
Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Slinger

Usually the story is far more important to me, though I find anything "illustrated" by Greg Land completely unreadable.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Definately story!!!!