Arrowverse Discussion Thread

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Suck it Barry fans, he's still arf tier while Oliver is the new GOAT. Barry would have gotten one-shot by AMAZO, not done anything to him, tripped on the construction site, and fail at phasing the big robot. Meanwhile, Oliver is telling him everything correctly:

"Can you not do anything without your wife in your ear?"

"I don't think that you can go nine hours without some sappy motivational speech."

Add on to that, Barry will never be as competent with his powers as AMAZO was. When Superman was trying to punch AMAZO but the robot kept phasing? Yea, Barry's too stupid. Hell, he's too stupid to do what Clark did.

OT: I loved the first episode. Some things could've gone differently but it showed that Barry really does suck at fighting, he's a crap-tier speedster, get over it.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Yup.... it's official, The Legends writers have lost their minds

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eobard21 said:

@supremegeneration: Why do you hate barry so much ??????

I don't hate Barry, I hate people who act like Barry fights the way AMAZO was fighting. He doesn't. He's an idiot.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elseworld: I gotta be honest, so far this event has been underwhelming and nothing but a buffet of Easter Eggs at every corner. It's all fan service and no bang

Legends: Neron straight up triggered my trypophobia... JESUS! Why play me like that Legends?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@supremegeneration said:

Suck it Barry fans, he's still arf tier while Oliver is the new GOAT. Barry would have gotten one-shot by AMAZO, not done anything to him, tripped on the construction site, and fail at phasing the big robot. Meanwhile, Oliver is telling him everything correctly:

"I don't think that you can go nine hours without some sappy motivational speech."

Add on to that, Barry will never be as competent with his powers as AMAZO was. When Superman was trying to punch AMAZO but the robot kept phasing? Yea, Barry's too stupid. Hell, he's too stupid to do what Clark did.

OT: I loved the first episode. Some things could've gone differently but it showed that Barry really does suck at fighting, he's a crap-tier speedster, get over it.

I don't know if you saw tonight's episode but Ollie stalemated Barry in a fight and got one shot by Batwoman. He is arguably worse than Barry although tbf it was said that he is still getting used to his powers.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just gonna leave this here

No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for Elseworlds part 2, I liked it. I gotta be honest, not a fan of Batwoman so far, but things are still early, maybe she'll grow on me.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration said:

I don't know if you saw tonight's episode but Ollie stalemated Barry in a fight and got one shot by Batwoman. He is arguably worse than Barry although tbf it was said that he is still getting used to his powers.

That shtuff is gonna break the Vine, and when people mention that Oliver was barely using his speedster powers, no one is gonna care either. You can see sometime that Oliver only uses his speed to dodge, not attack. God the wank is gonna be too much, I already can't stand it.

That said, Oliver has 1 low showing and... I wanna say 3 other good showings. Barry's got a gazillion low showings and like 2 good showings. I know it's hyperbole, but you kinda see my point.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By kiba

LoT was better than elsewords imo. I think part 2 being mostly a Batwoman pilot hurt it, not that I'm against the idea of her getting a show but she seemed out of place. Supergirl should have sat out like the Legends did, that way we'd have gotten a tighter story without the nonsense team Flash did locking them up.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the CW is definitely going to move forward with their Batwoman show now. If this was just to test the waters, the waters seemed to have tested pretty well.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elseworld: I gotta be honest, so far this event has been underwhelming and nothing but a buffet of Easter Eggs at every corner. It's all fan service and no bang

Legends: Neron straight up triggered my trypophobia... JESUS! Why play me like that Legends?

Isn't that all DCCW is?? Corny fan service??

weavile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bit off the track here but man Barry in green arrow costume look cool as hell while Oliver in the tight bright red suit look like a total dork

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

That moment when 90s Flash asked Diggle "where his ring was".

No Caption Provided
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#216 the_stegman  Moderator

Ruby Rose as Batwoman was soooo cringy

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had to remind myself you didn't mean this one.

No Caption Provided

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 the_stegman  Moderator

@xwraith: kinda would have preferred that one

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@weavile: I agree, I think the new Flash suit is just terrible though, especially the mask.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Muh featz

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is that though? I'm only on S2 of LOT as of right now.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By SaintWildcard

@solar_nerd said:

@saintwildcard: I will literally kill whoever wrote that episode.

which episode?

@solar_nerd said:

Who is that though? I'm only on S2 of LOT as of right now.

It's meant to be Neron. Demon who buys up souls and makes Faustian bargains. Normally has looked like this

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
@the_stegman said:

She was fine (although her acting is kinda stiff). Only time I rolled my eyes was when Supergirl called themselves "worlds finest" when they didn't do shit together

@buttersdaman000 said:
@saintwildcard said:

Isn't that all DCCW is?? Corny fan service??

This was different honestly. This was just reference after reference.And once we got to Gotham they couldn't stop dropping easter eggs. 90's Flash's Earth literally died, and he comes in knowing it's a different plane, but gets caught in the moment and stops to reference that on his Earth, John is GL. But it could just be that since the story is lacking this time around, it pops out more. IDK, this is probably my least favorite crossover so far. Crisis was far better.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of this hype around 90's Flash... gone in an instant. What a waste, and for the most part, so was Batwoman's inclusion. A really bad Backdoor pilot if I ever saw one,

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of this hype around 90's Flash... gone in an instant. What a waste, and for the most part, so was Batwoman's inclusion. A really bad Backdoor pilot if I ever saw one,

Agree about Batwoman, but 90s Flash's appearance was never meant to be more than just for fun.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Good gosh. I'm only on S2 so apparently I haven't even scratched the surface of the show's craziness.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:

Agree about Batwoman, but 90s Flash's appearance was never meant to be more than just for fun.

There's still 1 part left. We could still see more of 90s Flash.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solar_nerd said:
@saintwildcard said:

There's still 1 part left. We could still see more of 90s Flash.

No Caption Provided

He got blasted out of existence, and like I said, it's probably just for fun.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure what you mean by this. Whether it was for fun or not, IMO it wasn't fun at all because of how badly he was used. There was potential for more or at least have him go out in a cool way. The dude was just an exposition dump, and then got poofed away.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver: supergirl we need your help

Next scene

Oliver: Barry we must ignore figuring out what happened to us and take this moment to train

What the heck who’s writing this

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: seriously man it’s like 12 year olds are the ones writing the storyboard and dialogue sometimes

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 the_stegman  Moderator

@saintwildcard: Rose's "serious face" as she was walking in the Bat Cave made me laugh out loud. And she was pretty wooden.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope ruby does well as bat woman but I wasn't super crazy about her performance. I agree with what others have said about her walk to her suit.

Her motions seems a little silly to me when she shot the grapple gun and threw the batarang. I liked the way she announciated her lines as bat woman. While I agree supergirl and batwoman didn't do shit together I would like to see them crossover.

All though I am curious but am I the only one that would prefer the cw to not have batman and superman in it? I feel like if your gonna use batman and superman they have to be the two best heroes (with maybe Wonder Woman) and I feel like the cw has gone a different route. My inner superman and batman fanboy are a little pissed.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, that finale was insane.

So it seems pretty clear to me that Oliver's deal with the Monitor for that reality-warping arrow that saved Kara/Barry was the result of him promising his own life in place of theirs for the coming Crisis. At least that's what the writers were strongly implying. With the rumors of next season being the last for Arrow, I think it'd be a great sendoff for Ollie to die in the Crisis saving Barry/Kara and the Multiverse. It'd also explain his absence in the flash-forwards, and it wouldn't be totally unfeasible for the show to continue without Amell given they just introduced Emiko. They could even break form and have the Crossover be more of a finale than a midseason deal. Either way, I'm hyped for COIE, even if I wish they waited a couple more seasons to really build up to it.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the Jon Kent reference. Maybe we might have something with him later on down the line.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god poor Superman. I hope Batman never appears on the CW.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The coolest part of this was Oliver confronting the Monitor.

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod said:
@plotweapon16255 said:

@firestormfate1919: crisis is suppose to happen in 2024 not in 2019.

Remember Thawne sped up the timeline a bit by making Barry become Flash sooner.

Speed up timeline is the current timeline we are seeing in newspaper!

This scene clearly shows it.

Loading Video...

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod said:

@plotweapon16255: true. Well maybe there is a second red sky event?

Or they could have a time skip or nora changes timeline again or it's something relevant to Oliver monitor interaction!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet Olliver pulled a One More Day and gave up his marriage to Felicity to save Barry and kara

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I bet Olliver pulled a One More Day and gave up his marriage to Felicity to save Barry and kara"

One can only hope, maybe Barry will follow his example.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overall, I had a similar reaction to "Elseworlds" that I did to Star Wars: The Last Jedi. While I enjoyed it greatly, I was disappointed for a few certain reasons. However, the Crisis on Infinite Earths tease more than made up for any of Elseworlds' shortcomings.