Arrowverse Character Popularity Contest: Joe West vs Quentin Lance

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RBT

Since the last one tanked because @subline thought it was a great idea to pit Oliver and Barry against each other in the first round, with his permission, of course, I'm starting a new one.

ROUND 1-1

Ralph Dibny

No Caption Provided

vs

Ben Turner

No Caption Provided

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ralph <3

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Bronze Tiger!!!

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ralph

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, I'm voting as well. Turner.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc073360931e
deactivated-5cc073360931e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Turner

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ben

Hemehero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DIbny

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Dibny is cool, but Turner get's my vote.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d07416730d08
deactivated-5d07416730d08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kevd4wg

Ben, i never really liked ralph tbh

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15 krisbishop  Moderator

Ben Turner

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben Ralph is not likable to me he is actually annoying

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wells I guess

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc073360931e
deactivated-5cc073360931e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harrison Sherloque Wells

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ralph

R1-1 is over. Current Round is Ricardo Diaz vs Sherloque Wells

jamesedward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 59

Wells I guess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sherloque Wells.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Havent seen s5 but sherloque because hes not Diaz

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wells

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Dragon

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wells, Diaz got annoying

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diaz. I personally find Sherloque to be just plain annoying.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cae4704c27f5
deactivated-5cae4704c27f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm voting for Diaz

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

I'm voting for Diaz

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacensolo77: It's not Diaz hate, I just genuinely like Sherloque. He's overhated. You can even use Discord's search function to see me saying he's overhated.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Fair if you actually like him but the majority here are just saying he wins as spite, half of them don't genuinely like him.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't stand Diaz, so Wells

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Wells, Diaz is nothing but a street thug. MCU Frank tier feats and DCEU Parademon tier villain.

P.S. don't tag me for further rounds though.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ArkhamAsylum3

Diaz losing to this Wells makes me want to die in a fire. Please if these are the kind of people voting in the tournament don't tag me for future rounds. May write something out about him later.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline:Not surprised by the usual Diaz hate but can any one of you guys actually back up why he's bad rather than yah know, just saying it.

Smh RF, just leave me be.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diaz losing to this Wells makes me want to die in a fire. Please if these are the kind of people voting in the tournament don't tag me for future rounds. May write something out about him later.

heh

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacensolo77: I have a lot of reasons why I don't like Diaz

1. As much as they tried to make him not, at his heart, he's just a thug. Like that's it. This is the 6th villain in a series that has included personal attacks on Oliver, World Wide secret organizations, and even world destruction, Diaz's plan was just control of a crime syndicate. It's not that toned down stakes is bad, but someone like Prometheus or Merlyn does it a lot better because they either posed a more personal threat to Oliver or there was a sense they could actually do what they wanted.
  2. Everything about Diaz was super forced. Like everything, they had an episode that took us out of the bad story to show us that Diaz is maybe not that bad a guy, but no he really is. Like Black Siren is super scared of him, and they never showed us why she should be. She could legit just kill him.
  3. Along with the second, Diaz never felt like a real threat. Following Caden James in the same season who had higher stakes(and more reasonable ngl), a better skillset, and a more interesting motivation/connection to Oliver, Diaz just felt pointless. To make this even worse when the FBI showed up his orginization got taken down. Not Argus who people like LoA have put to shame, literally the FBI. Diggle's shaky hand did more damage to the team then Diaz.
  4. Diaz did not have good on screen presence. He wasn't intimidating like Prometheus or Slade, he wasn't charismatic like Merlyn or even Dahrk to a degree, he was just kinda there, and it felt like Oliver should've whooped his ass a long time ago.
  5. His motivation was stupid. Like really stupid. You can say Slade's motivation wasn't great, but it directly related to Oliver and he was insane. What does Diaz's motivation of getting respect do for him? Other then make him look like a whiny brat who doesn't deserve respect. It doesn't confront any of Oliver's morals or his actions like Prometheus, Slade, Meryln, and even Caden James did, it was kinda just there to have a villain.
ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Glad someone got the joke.

:)

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I happen to love "these people" who are merely voicing their opinions, even though the vocal minority find it... harrowing, I guess? It's just an opinion...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevthefailure

I have a lot of reasons why I don't like Diaz

Should have started with "I didn't watch season 6 or 7 properly and have no idea what I'm talking about in regards to this specific character". Given the totally ridiculous and illogical reasons below I see no reason why you shouldn't like him.

As much as they tried to make him not, at his heart, he's just a thug.

See, the show never said otherwise, the thing is that Diaz is just a thug. He's a guy who wants everything he can't have, does everything with force ect. He's a man who is what he so desperately doesn't want to be, which makes his character compelling imo.

Like that's it. This is the 6th villain in a series that has included personal attacks on Oliver, World Wide secret organizations, and even world destruction, Diaz's plan was just control of a crime syndicate.

This is what Arrow has been about since it's beginning though, crime. The fact is that we needed a villain like Diaz sooner, the show has always been about street level stuff and Darhk deferring from this is why he sucked lol. Furthermore what Diaz did to Oliver in season 7 especially wasn't a personal attack? Seriously, Kev?

It's not that toned down stakes is bad, but someone like Prometheus or Merlyn does it a lot better because they either posed a more personal threat to Oliver or there was a sense they could actually do what they wanted.

Diaz did do what he wanted, he lost in the end sure but he gained control of Star City, conquered and took control of the Quadrant's assets ect. Diaz did pose a personal threat to Oliver, he sent him to prison, nearly killed his wife and child, killed his father figure (Quentin) ect.

Everything about Diaz was super forced. Like everything, they had an episode that took us out of the bad story to show us that Diaz is maybe not that bad a guy, but no he really is.

No, the show never deluded itself into thinking Diaz wasn't a bad guy. They gave him an episode to show his motivations, to show why he's dangerous and needs to be stopped. Let's see what Diaz does in the episode where we're meant to believe according to you that he's not that bad. He kills half a dozen people, blows a man to smithereens after torturing him extensively, takes over a crime syndicate and burns his childhood bully alive. What's "not that bad" about that? The episode showed that Diaz is broken, haunted and traumatised but it never even remotely hinted he was a good guy,

Like Black Siren is super scared of him, and they never showed us why she should be. She could legit just kill him.

She tried that, guess what? It didn't work. Did we watch the same show lol?

Along with the second, Diaz never felt like a real threat.

Played a mastermind like a pawn, took over Star City after having said mastermind cripple it, took over a crime syndicate, nearly killed Oliver and co, killed Quentin, sent Oliver to prison nearly killed Felicity and William, beat the shit out of Oliver and nearly killed him but is not a threat. A simple lol will suffice here.

Following Caden James in the same season who had higher stakes(and more reasonable ngl),

James accomplished nothing beyond crippling the city and getting killed after being played like a pawn. Furthermore since you love to hate on Diaz why don't I hate on the fanbases lord and saviour Fodderetheus. For all his hype he accomplished far less than Diaz, he came up with a convoluted nonsense plan that you begin to digest how stupid it is upon re-watch, made Oliver depressed for an episode after forcing a confession out of him and then bet everything on a final choice that did nothing to impact the show. If Diaz is a loser what the hell is he?

a better skillset, and a more interesting motivation/connection to Oliver,

James's motivation was a repeat, Diaz's was unique. A simple, lol will suffice here.

Diaz just felt pointless.

A simple lol will suffice here.

To make this even worse when the FBI showed up his orginization got taken down. Not Argus who people like LoA have put to shame, literally the FBI. Diggle's shaky hand did more damage to the team then Diaz.

So the FBI taking out a crime syndicate was unexpected. Diaz's men aren't like the Ghosts or the LOA but are simple canon fodder. How Diaz getting taken down by the FBI after having dominance for the whole season is supposed to be bad is beyond me.

Diaz did not have good on screen presence. He wasn't intimidating like Prometheus or Slade, he wasn't charismatic like Merlyn or even Dahrk to a degree, he was just kinda there, and it felt like Oliver should've whooped his ass a long time ago.

Watch his very first scene where he kills Cayden then come back and say this with a straight face. He's calm, cold, calculating, menacing, in control ect. A simple lol will suffice here.

His motivation was stupid.

Ah, this shit.

Like really stupid.

A simple, lol will suffice here.

You can say Slade's motivation wasn't great, but it directly related to Oliver and he was insane.

Diaz's motivation did relate to Oliver. He's a street thug with an inferiority complex who wants control, Oliver made him lose that control so he wanted vengeance, payback, because that's all he's ever known. Payback and anger since the moment Jesse mistreated him. He's still that same tortured, weak child now, just more dangerous willing to do whatever he needs to get respect. Oliver humiliated him in a way he hasn't been humiliated since he was beneath Jesse. And all that makes him feel is fury

What does Diaz's motivation of getting respect do for him?

They make him compelling, everybody can relate to wanting something they can't have, to want to be respected and admired. Diaz is a great character because you can truly get a sense of how far he's willing to go to get what he wants. Furthermore he's menacing, intelligent and frightening.

Other then make him look like a whiny brat who doesn't deserve respect.

That's the thing though. Diaz is a whiny brat, he's a piece of shit who's had nothing his whole life and he wants to have control over everything as a result of that. He's essentially a cocky, egotistical child but dangerous, ruthless and cunning.

It doesn't confront any of Oliver's morals or his actions like Prometheus, Slade, Meryln, and even Caden James did, it was kinda just there to have a villain.

Did Cayden really challenge Oliver's morals or actions though lol?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diaz

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diaz because the revolving Wells gimmick got corny after Harry.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 krisbishop  Moderator

Diaz because the revolving Wells gimmick got corny after Harry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d07416730d08
deactivated-5d07416730d08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wells.