Are you LGBTQ+ and do you like South Park?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Or is SP homophobic as hell and does it deserve to be hated?

I'm not sure what to think anymore...

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I loved the episode where it made fun of the ridiculous situation of biological men competing in women's sports! That was hilarious. When the transwoman, who looks like Macho Man Randy Savage, dominated all the women with vaginas and everybody was scared to mention the obvious - that the best women's athlete has a penis because they might be called "transphobic". If you haven't seen it - go do so, it was laugh out loud funny.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really?

It's a show, it makes edgy jokes. Homophobia is isn't as common as people think, and an LGBTQ joke doesn't equal homophobia.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

South Park talks shit about everything, the show is everythingphobic.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... okay, buy any of you not straight people?

WakeUpSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a huge supporter of LGBTQ+ people even though I myself am not . I am damn straight.

And I actually like South Park . It’s other peoples’ problems that they take over-exaggerated jokes and representation as an accurate one .

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No to both parts of the question in the title.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

Not being part of the LGBTQ+ group because you’re straight doesn’t have any bearing on judging South Park. I can’t fathom how one could think SP is homophobic given the conscientious and satirical takes on these issues: the Big Gay Al episode which taught not to stereotype, the biker episode which saw the word ‘fag’ have nothing to do with being gay and even had a scene where a baby picks a biker as a ‘fag’ over an extremely camp and stereotypical gay man.

Now we have transgenders in sports being tacked and it to be honest it was handled well but I think they still held back on what needed to be conveyed. It looks like Heather is going to be a recurring character though based on the end of the episode.

Transgenders in their non-biological sport is just plain stupid and unfair, boiling down the difference between men and women in testosterone levels and ignoring bone density, muscle mass and size etc come on man, look at what Zuby did to point out how ridiculous it is.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I don't think they are homophobic.

However in the later season (past 8 years), they have lost their touch on what it was before.

It is garbage now.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#10 god_spawn  Moderator

South Park is great.

Anything can be funny as long as you don’t make it personal.

And everyone is targeted by them.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By King-Ragnar

South Park has made fun of everyone under the sun. A couple of gay jokes doesn't make it a homophobic show.

im_late

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The transgenders-in-sports episodes needed to be done.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean unlike Family Guy, it doesn't take jokes on a personal level and the jokes are actually hilarious and they target everyone.

So no, i don't think it's homophobic.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I may be bi.. not sure tho.

Anyway, I don't really like SP too much, though not because it's "homophobic" or anything, more just cause I plainly don't find it too funny. I'm not a fan of the animation and I find the characters all kind of annoying. I respect the show for being edgy and controversial as hell, but I don't personally like it.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No and yes.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight

im_late

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: I could get along really well with some guys, if you know what I mean. Not into long-term relationships though.

Just to be clear though, I was glad to see those episodes because I used to be a part of my local running club (10 km runs on a competitive level and occasional half-marathon) and I worked out quite a lot. I fully understand the dedication, effort and willpower one needs to put to become a professional athlete. Majority of transgender people have huge unfair advantage and crush dreams of females who put so much effort into the sport. Sure, if you change your gender early enough and proper procedures are undertaken, there is no reason why shouldn't be able to compete. That is not the case in most of those situations.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

South Park is great.

Anything can be funny as long as you don’t make it personal.

And everyone is targeted by them.

^^^^

Absol123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Absol123

I know this has little to do with the topic but Futurama also did an episode (season 4 episode 13) where bender pretended to be a woman and has participated to a woman competition.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m BI

I think at its best it’s a funny show, but some episodes are FAR better than others

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

South Park talks shit about everything, the show is everythingphobic.

+1

MrTrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You really think you'd get nuanced opinions on LGBTQ+ issues from comic vine, because that's fucking hilarious. The majority of the people here probably fit the profile of school shooters.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm Bi and just find it ok for cartoon

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this LGBTQ shit gets to much attention.

Meanwhile the humans who actualy need help on this planet get shit on.

be proud of this society you live in.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By waezi2
@mrtrey said:

You really think you'd get nuanced opinions on LGBTQ+ issues from comic vine, because that's fucking hilarious. The majority of the people here probably fit the profile of school shooters.

No, but I'm a big fan of being pleasantly surprised.

@emmafrostxmen said:

I’m BI

I think at its best it’s a funny show, but some episodes are FAR better than others

Yeah, Mat and Trey just do stuff they think is a good idea instead of listing to their viewers, which is often a good thing. but it also mean they make some experiments that just plainly suck.

@absol123 said:

I know this has little to do with the topic but Futurama also did an episode (season 4 episode 13) where bender pretended to be a woman and has participated to a woman competition.

Futurama is a good in-between.

@im_late said:

@waezi2: I could get along really well with some guys, if you know what I mean. Not into long-term relationships though.

Just to be clear though, I was glad to see those episodes because I used to be a part of my local running club (10 km runs on a competitive level and occasional half-marathon) and I worked out quite a lot. I fully understand the dedication, effort and willpower one needs to put to become a professional athlete. Majority of transgender people have huge unfair advantage and crush dreams of females who put so much effort into the sport. Sure, if you change your gender early enough and proper procedures are undertaken, there is no reason why shouldn't be able to compete. That is not the case in most of those situations.

No one says they aren't women. It's just whether or not they have an... well, an advantage.

And naturally, it is not that simple. Men aren't "stronger", men and women are just different. As far as I understand, men are TECHNICALLY "stronger" but women has more stamina, meaning they can do something hard longer time than men. Not that there aren't exceptions that proves the rules.

The good thing about the South Park episode with the trans woman athlete is that no one doubts that she is a woman. They just think she is a bad sport.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No to both, not sure why I'm here, to be honest.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

@lan_fan said:

No to both, not sure why I'm here, to be honest.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_stegman  Moderator

Be careful, or you'll upset the PC Babies.

InvadedTBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love South Park, gotta brother that's gay and love him too.