Are we really supposed to believe that the Hulk has never once taken a human life?

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Back in World War Hulk it was stated by Amadeus Cho that Hulk has never actually killed anybody in all his rampages and that some part of Hulk is always subconsciously “running the numbers” on every action so that no human life is taken.

No Caption Provided

Recently Immortal Hulk seems to showcase what is implied to be Hulk’s first ever murder.

No Caption Provided

Does anybody else find this all to be pretty unbelievable? Is it possible that Hulk has really never killed anybody? Why would Marvel take this direction with the Hulk?

YouSmokeWeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not believable, he been fighting US soldiers since the 60s,he must have killed a couple of humans by now.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bollocks

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ProfessorRespect

I mean if you count "human" as being anything, he did murder his evil clone and ripped him to pieces

That being said I seen it as more Banner consciously trying not to kill people: it doesn't mean that the Hulk hasn't unintentionally killed people through events beyond his control (that's happened many, many times) but that he's able to make sure that he kills no one in events where he has full control over the conditions in which they are currently in.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair devil hulk is a lot more ruthless then the other hulks and has stated this

No Caption Provided

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He originally killed like 750 people or something like that. The Hulk has intentionally killed before like sending the Maestro back in time but I think it's only counting human lives where he just straight murders someone

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I get that suspension of disbelief is a thing, but this is beyond ridiculous, there's no way Hulk has never killed.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I can use the argument that Hulk can’t kill a single human....yikes

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get that suspension of disbelief is a thing, but this is beyond ridiculous, there's no way Hulk has never killed.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 morpheus_  Moderator

Pak retconned it in his Hulk hagiography, Iron Man's initial decision to consult with the Illuminati to send the Hulk to a different planet was exactly because Banner killed dozens of people in a rampage.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The implication is that he kills hundreds every year...

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like stupid BS if the comics do claim that

Gamma_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there are no bodies,there are no deaths

Combo-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Hulk has never killed a civilian, or even a regular member of the military. this has always been the case. it's possible he has killed some members of the HulkBuster unit and that the information is just classified or something.

the Hulk has been put on trial several times and there was never any mention of him killing anyone, or anything like that. and on those occasions when he went on a rampage the Marvel superheroes would find a way to stop him before he hurt someone.

for example in #300 of Incredible Hulk, while in a regressed savage state Hulk almost kills a few S.H.I.E.L.D. agents by destroying their Hover-Fighter but Spider-Man saves them by creating a safety net with his webbing. in the same issue a child is almost trampled by a crowd of people fleeing from the Hulk but the child is saved by Daredevil.

so rather than that stupid reason given by Amadeus Cho, the real reason is because anytime the Hulk has gone full savage mode the Marvel superheroes have been there to save the day and make sure nobody gets hurt.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 takenstew22  Moderator

There is no way he never killed a single person, whether it be accidental or on purpose.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Battle123axe

It's a retcon to make the hulk more heroic and the devil hulk persona more dangerous, everyone calm down, hulk has obviously killed and both pak and ewing know it.

One of marvel's most famous heroes can't just be known as some uncontrolled mass murderer that can murder innocents in cities and still get on the avengers roster, he has to have some sort of excuse, and the general idea is that he's a fairly gentle hearted ridiculously powerful creature with the biggest anger issues in comics that the majority of the time simply wants to be left alone yet gets bothered time and time again, and banner doesn't wish anyone harm either.

Even before pak, he wasn't just randomly murdering people other than when he hated them or went on a rampage. His acts of non-bendis murder usually happened when he was driven insane, it was a criminal/he really hated the person, or had some sort of other reason to not be held accountable, as characters have noted even after the retcon. Jackie Mcgee for example. Hulk himself noted it in WWH, and Amadeus refuted it.

The hulk is capable of holding back lol, though I'll freely admit that pak's explanation stretches or breaks believability in that every time he smashed banner calculated it to pull his punches enough to not kill anyone even in the aftermath, which was clearly not true. But a retcon is a retcon. It's true now.

Also keep in mind that a good chunk of the Hulk's appearances are in some sort of intelligent, more brutal form, so this statement mostly applies to savage hulk, who really doesn't run around killing people nonsensically, even the military.