Posted by Eobard21 (6390 posts) 24 days, 21 hours ago

Poll: Are u hyped for Star was IX ? (65 votes)

Yeah 28%
No 63%
Idk 9%

Title

#1 Posted by TonyMartial (9888 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. That new pic of Rey facing Kylo again looks badass.

#2 Posted by StellatedColt (928 posts) - - Show Bio

No not really

#3 Posted by godzilla44 (7566 posts) - - Show Bio

nah

#4 Posted by mrmonster (15903 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#6 Posted by Eobard21 (6390 posts) - - Show Bio

Why no :(

#7 Posted by AlexTheBoss (18432 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, mostly due to Palp.

#8 Posted by The_Kidd (12321 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol.No!

#9 Posted by Namebk (788 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll watch it but I don't expect anything from it after TLJ.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#10 Posted by IndomitableRegal (16498 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Mostly because I can only recall watching Episodes 3 & 4 from beginning to end. It's just not for me.

#11 Posted by Emperorb777 (11371 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, franchise is damaged for me adding Palpatine for fan service is much too late. I'll watch it for free at some point in a couple years when I remember it released.

#12 Posted by WorldofRuin6 (3857 posts) - - Show Bio

Only cuz Palp. SW is being slowly destroyed, so hopefully this next movie is better.

#13 Posted by KillBilly (2287 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. They've done irreparable damage to the series.

#14 Edited by uugieboogie (13397 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah. Tbh the only thing left this year I’m hyped for is Godzilla.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf823e3012e8
#15 Posted by deactivated-5cf823e3012e8 (449 posts) - - Show Bio

Not so much.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#16 Posted by EternalDarkFury (2510 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#17 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12845 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup

#18 Posted by Wolfrazer (16370 posts) - - Show Bio

No and that's saying something.

#19 Posted by PenguinDust (9336 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyped? No. Will I see it opening weekend? Absolutely.

#20 Posted by DeadpoolUchiha (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup

#21 Posted by Wut (7123 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Will I see it opening weekend? No. Will I see it before it leaves theaters? No. Will I see it when it comes on Netflix? Maybe if I remember.

#22 Posted by g2_ (11921 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyped? No. Will I see it opening weekend? Absolutely.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#23 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22876 posts) - - Show Bio

I still have to finish TLJ lol

#24 Posted by Mutant1230 (6781 posts) - - Show Bio

That's gonna be a no from me chief.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#25 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Say what you will about The Force Awakens in regards to being a rehash of A New Hope,but at least it gave us three compelling leads in Rey, Kylo and Finn, and I couldn't wait to follow them next.

TLJ committed the most cardinal sin a franchise film could commit, which is to squander any interest I had for the characters by taking them to places that left me uninterested, or failing to innovate them in meaningful ways.

I'll still watch it, but I'm not going in with any excitement.

#26 Edited by GojiraKing1985 (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@uugieboogie: lol yeah Godzilla is the only movie I am willing to shell the cash out for.

SW is dead to me. Needs to win me back at this point.

Avatar image for the-finger-snap
#27 Posted by The-Finger-Snap (34 posts) - - Show Bio

No not really. I'll download it though

#28 Posted by Tomkatie (3413 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh

I’m one of those bitter fanboys still jaded from Last Jedi

Avatar image for supermanforever
#29 Edited by Supermanforever (8953 posts) - - Show Bio

never was a big fan of star wars, but i watched them. I dont feel any hype for sure..

The only movies im hyped for this year are

The lion king

Godzilla

It 2

Joker

Hobbs and Shaw

Rambo last blood

Zombieland 2

#30 Posted by Eobard21 (6390 posts) - - Show Bio

Welp not surprised by the answers here

#31 Posted by rogueshadow (29416 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#32 Posted by Magian (152035 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. I'll watch but I'm not expecting much from it.

#34 Posted by incursion2 (2242 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#35 Posted by PayneInTheAss (11891 posts) - - Show Bio

No

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
#36 Posted by americanspeeddemon (7295 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I'm loving this trilogy so far can't wait for the conclusion of this and the whole saga.

#37 Posted by Warlockmage (9362 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Say what you will about The Force Awakens in regards to being a rehash of A New Hope,but at least it gave us three compelling leads in Rey, Kylo and Finn, and I couldn't wait to follow them next.

TLJ committed the most cardinal sin a franchise film could commit, which is to squander any interest I had for the characters by taking them to places that left me uninterested, or failing to innovate them in meaningful ways.

I'll still watch it, but I'm not going in with any excitement.

i feel like this is a pretty reasonable response and one that i share

#38 Posted by m2k (604 posts) - - Show Bio

Seen them all. Enjoyed the original trilogy most. SW has never captured my attention tho. Don't know why. Maybe it's reduncy, familiarity. U see one space dog fight, one lightsaber fight, you've seen them all kind of FEELING. Kind of hard transitioning from Han and Luke as well. Still not feeling Rey and Fin. Kylo just annoying instead of threatening.

#39 Posted by Straight-Fire (27357 posts) - - Show Bio

For Rey, yes.

#40 Posted by Chubbs (940 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Period.

#41 Posted by DoctorDaMn (986 posts) - - Show Bio

I was at first until i found out maREY sue will become a super jedi with only about 1 years training. Now I'm not so sure...

#42 Posted by Eobard21 (6390 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by RabumAlal (5313 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked TLJ so hell yeah. Kylo and Rey storyline is still solid. And Finn and Poe proved they can be likeable and great in TFA, I have faith I’ll enjoy watching their stuff as well. Also it’s freaking Star Wars.

People were hyped for Attack of the Clones after Phantom Menace disaster and they were still hyped for Revenge of the Sith even after the AotC catastrophe. TLJ is leagues above those two. It’s still Star Wars, no doubt will be enjoyable. People just like to complain “Disney this, Disney that” when they are doing a much better job than Lucas could/did.

#44 Edited by KillBilly (2287 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabumalal: Kylo and Rey storyline is still solid.

What storyline? The only thing connecting the two is that Rey opposes him because she doesn't like the First Order or what they do and Kylo wants her to join him because she's powerful. The only thing that could be argued goes beyond the "good vs evil" dynamic is that they were connected by Snoke. But the only thing that revelation is used for is to be able to have a scene where a shirtless Kylo tries to get her to join him by infodumping his backstory on her. Outside of Rey understanding why Kylo is the way that he is, I don't see what's compelling about their storyline.

And Finn and Poe proved they can be likeable and great in TFA,

Why should I care about a likeable character if they have no substance? It'd be fine if they were just side characters like Wedge Antilles in "A New Hope" but they're given significant amounts of screen time. Even a good performance by a likeable actor can't save a scene if you have no reason to care about them or their struggles.

Also it’s freaking Star Wars. People were hyped for Attack of the Clones after Phantom Menace disaster and they were still hyped for Revenge of the Sith even after the AotC catastrophe.

It's ironic that you don't realize you're encouraging the production of these "disastrous/catastrophic" films. If you keep going to see movies regardless of their quality simply because they're a "Star Wars" or "Marvel" movie you're incentivizing them to make movies of inferior quality.

#45 Posted by Murmillo_ (63 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to absolutely love Star Wars and after TLJ, I've lost all my interest. I'll probably see it the week it comes out, but I'm definitely not excited about it.

#46 Posted by RabumAlal (5313 posts) - - Show Bio

@killbilly: I really enjoyed all Kylo/Rey scenes in TLJ and didn’t mind Kylo’s backstory either because it was intriguing.

Finn and Poe had lots of substance and character (comparable to OG Han, Leia and way more than any prequel character except Obi-Wan) in TFA, their struggles were interesting. Their storyline in TLJ didn’t make much sense and couldn’t match the interesting bit.

I absolutely love that we are getting more Star Wars movies and am happy to encourage them. Lucas directed 4,6,1,2,3 and only New Hope is better than the TFA, Rogue One(which was very good) or Solo (decent fun movie ignored because people were jumping on Disney-hate bandwagon) RotJ is overrated and rides on being the third in a good trilogy.

TLJ is easily better than the trash 1,2 and is comparable to 6 (possibly better, Ewoks are really stupid everyone would lose their shit if Disney ever put something like that in a movie). 3 is only good because Anakin vs Obi-Wan and Yoda/Palpatine scenes and emotional effect of Vader rising, it is still horribly shot, looks really stupid and ridiculous, horribly written (every line is dumb, acting is sub-par). People complain that TLJ ruined what the Force meant for people and so on, if so prequels take a maassive dump on the original trilogy. If anything, Force being mystical and not exactly about midi-chlorians or ballet exercise training makes more sense and is more in line with the spirit of the original movies.

My point was that I even liked those because it was Star Wars. Disney saved the series and is actually putting out good movies, both spin-offs and main movies were satisfying. So of course, I’ll be happy and support, movies don’t need to be perfect, it’s Star Wars and much better than what we had, more loyal to what I see Star Wars to be.

#47 Edited by KillBilly (2287 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabumalal: I really enjoyed all Kylo/Rey scenes in TLJ

Ok, and? How does that make their storyline interesting?

Finn and Poe had lots of substance and character (comparable to OG Han, Leia and way more than any prequel character except Obi-Wan) in TFA, their struggles were interesting.

In what way? Leia watched her planet be destroyed in front of her and found out that the man who was partially responsible for its destruction and her own torture was her father while Han overcame his criminal background to do the right thing and help his friends in their moment of need despite that putting him at odds with the leader of the most powerful crime syndicate in the galaxy. How do Poe and Finn's stories compare?

Lucas directed 4,6,1,2,3 and only New Hope is better than the TFA, Rogue One or Solo

-

TLJ is easily better than the trash 1,2 and is comparable to 6

I think the vast majority of people would disagree with your claims. In fact, I can make a poll right now if you'd like.

possibly better, Ewoks are really stupid everyone would lose their shit if Disney ever put something like that in a movie

What's the problem with ewoks as a concept? How they look? I don't see how that's relevant to their role in the story.

3 is only good because Anakin vs Obi-Wan and Yoda/Palpatine scenes and emotional effect of Vader rising, it is still horribly shot, looks really stupid and ridiculous,

In what way does it look "stupid and ridiculous" or "horribly shot?"

horribly written (every line is dumb, acting is sub-par).

You could say the same about the sequel trilogy thus far. I'd personally say any of the prequels have far better writing then any of the sequels.

People complain that TLJ ruined what the Force meant for people and so on, if so prequels take a maassive dump on the original trilogy. If anything, Force being mystical and not exactly about midi-chlorians or ballet exercise training makes more sense and is more in line with the spirit of the original movies.

Considering it was Lucas who decided how the Force would function in the first place, the way the Force is portrayed in TLJ only fits how you believe it was portrayed in the OT, not the way it was intended to be viewed.

My point was that I even liked those because it was Star Wars.

That's a terrible reason to like a movie. This is coming from someone who has dedicated thousands of hours to talking about and debating Star Wars.