Are The Thor Films the Weakest link in the MCU?

• 51 results
stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Just as the title says. I personally wasn't that fond of either and hope ragnarok blows me away.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think both of them are better than the first cap movie and maybe iron man three but they aren't the strong point of the MCU. I don't think any MCU movie has been bad though.

Also hoping Ragnarok will be awesome but it probably won't. They need to use more asgardians from the comics, surtur, and give Thor the Odin force, if it even exists in MCU. They've been holding back way too much with the Thor movies.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By buttersdaman000

Overall yeah...

Thor 1 is a 7.5, but Thor 2 is a 5.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor its the weakest link.

They could make them about Loki and no one would care there was no Thor in them.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000:

You mean how Tom Hiddleston returning as loki got more cheers then Hemsworth as Thor or the Announcment of Ragnarok itself? I feel bad for hemsworth... ;/

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I thought that the weakest link in the MCU was the Hulk Films...

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Asgaard

But Thor Franchise made more money that for ex. Cap Franchise... 1B.94 VS 1B.85

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

Yes. If Ragnarok is amazing, it'll tie with Iron Man though.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000:

You mean how Tom Hiddleston returning as loki got more cheers then Hemsworth as Thor or the Announcment of Ragnarok itself? I feel bad for hemsworth... ;/

Look how crazy girls go over Hiddleston.

See how the internet its over him.

Look at the fact even when Hollywod it pushing Hemsworth they keep failing, meanwhile Hiddleston gets praise of anything he does no matter how small and indy is.

They had to make extra scenes for him and every time he says something about Loki the internet go crazy.

Also people cosplay as Loki more that they do Thor.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

The first Thor is probably in my top 5 MCU films and I like Thor a lot more than Loki.

The second one wasn't as good, but still not the worst film in the MCU. Thor hasn't had a knock-out film like Cap and Iron Man though, so he is the only one of the MCU's big three to not have an A+ film. Here's hoping for Ragnarok.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dan12456

Yep, I personally don't like the Iron Mans either, but I think that's more because I'm not a RDJ fan, so I'm sure it's just not for me (at least the first one). Thor on the other hand is just mediocre.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sundeep:

The Incredible Hulk is the only canon Hulk film. I personally find it underrated and liked it more then The First cap and both thors.

@deathpoolthet1000

Its literally what would of happened if Heth Ledgers Joker stayed on for three more films. I can see it not. Heths Joker crashing every DC comic con Conference :p. DO you think Hiddleston deserves all the glory he's getting?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: What was Hiddleston performance that was on the level of Hemsworth performance on Rush?

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, yeah, I'd say so.

Thor was pretty boring for me.

TDW wasn't much better.

They just need to let loose with Thor. They're being too conservative IMO.

...Also I'm not a fan of Hemsworth's Thor. The accent is pretty tacked on.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x said:

@sundeep:

The Incredible Hulk is the only canon Hulk film. I personally find it underrated and liked it more then The First cap and both thors.

@deathpoolthet1000

Its literally what would of happened if Heth Ledgers Joker stayed on for three more films. I can see it not. Heths Joker crashing every DC comic con Conference :p. DO you think Hiddleston deserves all the glory he's getting?

Its not if he deserve it.

It what its happening.

@asgaard said:

@deathpoolthet1000: What was Hiddleston performance that was on the level of Hemsworth performance on Rush?

Deep Blue Sea.

Also its about how Hiddleston needs less to do more.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000:

Good think I wasn't asking that. I ask what you think of him as an actor. Now I shall await the correct response.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@jayc1324 said:

I think both of them are better than the first cap movie and maybe iron man three but they aren't the strong point of the MCU. I don't think any MCU movie has been bad though.

Also hoping Ragnarok will be awesome but it probably won't. They need to use more asgardians from the comics, surtur, and give Thor the Odin force, if it even exists in MCU. They've been holding back way too much with the Thor movies.

they should consider giving Odin the Odin force first

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Thor the weakest link in the mainstream MU? Well there you go.

Yes.

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sundeep:

Same here. Do you think we'll ever see The Leader resurfacing in the MCU for a sequel?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sundeep:

I can only Hope. But even I'll admit that a Hulk film is challenging.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000:

Good think I wasn't asking that. I ask what you think of him as an actor. Now I shall await the correct response.

I think he out charisma if that makes sense the other actors, this became a problem to direct him, since he could get all the attention in several scenes.

He give amazing performances with the right directors, since they cast people who can keep with his charisma, its the same that happens with his friend Benedict Cumberbatch.

Joanna Hug understands him, thats why they are such an amazing team.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Asgaard

@asgaard said:

Deep Blue Sea.

I also like Tom Hiddleston, but he didn't prove in any moment his star power in terms of box office, the internet bubble doesn't mean anything, films have to appeal to all kind of audiences, and until Hiddleston has some kind of Cabin in the Woods or Snow White and the Huntsman he is not above Chris Hemsworth... For now he is just an internet myth...

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@asgaard said:

Deep Blue Sea.

I also like Tom Hiddleston, but he didn't prove in any moment his star power in terms of box office, the internet bubble doesn't mean anything, films have to appeal to all kind of audiences, and until Hiddleston has some kind of Cabin in the Woods or Snow White and the Huntsman he is not above Chris Hemsworth... For now he is just an internet myth...

I mean as an actor, he needs less to do more.

So the fact he doesnt do blockbusters, it means Hemsworth its over him.

Cabin in the Woods didnt made 100 millions, the budget was around 30 millions, the movie was actually a flop.

Snow White star was Kirsten Stewart, so if it made any money it was because of her and Charlize Theron.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO Thor 2 got a little too Sci-Fi. What with the laser rifles and space ships, felt like I was watching Star Wars. >_>

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Asgaard

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@asgaard said:

@asgaard said:

Deep Blue Sea.

I mean as an actor, he needs less to do more.

So the fact he doesnt do blockbusters, it means Hemsworth its over him.

Cabin in the Woods didnt made 100 millions, the budget was around 30 millions, the movie was actually a flop.

Snow White star was Kirsten Stewart, so if it made any money it was because of her and Charlize Theron.

Cabin in the woods was a flop? Really? 91 % in RT and made money...

The Deep Blue Sea has 79% in RT and 52 % from the Audience and didn't made 2 million in Box Office,

2013 Rush has 89% in RT and 88% from the audience and made 90 million in Box Office... Conclusions?

That's why the next movie in that franchise (Snow White and the Huntsman) will be called Huntsman... Right?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say that would be The Hulk's somewhat uninspiring times in the movies.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Needs to be something epic, like LOTR

But with battle like the ones in MoS

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: A flop mean it lose money, thing Cabin in the Woods did too.

Also small indy movies make money other way.

Under you logic Tom Cruise must be the best actor of all times.

Also KStew decide to keep herself on indy movies and keep her in the franchise would be bad, this movie was a hit mostly for the fact KStew cheat on RPatz with RSandz, isnt about him being this money making machine.

Black Hat show this.

Star Power is dead!!!

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By buttersdaman000

Hemsworth needs some acting classes though. He was pretty bad in Blackhat

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dont blame him for that, that movie was terrible, you could had put anyone in that movie and the movie would still be the horrorfest it was.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

Dont blame him for that, that movie was terrible, you could had put anyone in that movie and the movie would still be the horrorfest it was.

Not saying it wouldn't but his acting was still pretty bad. He wasn't anything special in Rush either IMO

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Asgaard

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Also KStew decide to keep herself on indy movies and keep her in the franchise would be bad, this movie was a hit mostly for the fact KStew cheat on RPatz with RSandz, isnt about him being this money making machine.

Under my Logic quantify movie quality and actors performances is subjective... The ultimate goal of any movie is make money so for now Tom Cruise has definitely more star power than Tom Hiddleston, you were the one that was claiming that Tom Hiddleston is very popular, do you see any Tom Cruise movie in the present make 2 million in Box Office?

I really like Tom Hiddleston and i hope that the 2017 Skull Island prove that he really has Star Power but for now and based on his Filmography you have no valid argument that proves that he is more popular than Chris Hemsworth like you were claiming...

Facts are Facts next movie will the called the Huntsman with Chris Hemsworth lead and Jessica Chastain, Charlize Theron and Emily Blunt in the cast...

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Under my Logic quantify movie quality and actors performances is subjective... The ultimate goal of any movie is make money so for now Tom Cruise has definitely more star power than Tom Hiddleston, you were the one that was claiming that Tom Hiddleston is very popular, do you see any Tom Cruise movie in the present make 2 million in Box Office?

I really like Tom Hiddleston and i hope that the 2017 Skull Island prove that he really has Star Power but for now and based on his Filmography you have no valid argument that proves that he is more popular than Chris Hemsworth like you were claiming...

Facts are Facts next movie will the called the Huntsman with Chris Hemsworth lead and Jessica Chastain, Charlize Theron and Emily Blunt in the cast...

This was more about the fact Hiddleston as Loki matters more that Hemsworth as Thor.

Something even Marvel has shown, since they re shot Thor 2 to get more Loki.

The reaction for him was bigger and things like that.

Still you point Hemswroth like if he was a huge star, still he past movie was an incredible failure.

So the context dont matter of why this is happening?

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Kidd

Yes but that could change with the next one, all of the MCU sub-franchise only have one good movie in them currently. For Iron man it was IM 1 and for Captain America it was CA:TWS hopefully for Thor it would be Ragnarok.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

This was more about the fact Hiddleston as Loki matters more that Hemsworth as Thor.

Something even Marvel has shown, since they re shot Thor 2 to get more Loki.

The reaction for him was bigger and things like that.

Still you point Hemswroth like if he was a huge star, still he past movie was an incredible failure.

So the context dont matter of why this is happening?

Thor 2 was a mess with directors and Scripts... But as far as i know Thor still was the protagonist in Thor 2... An he still be the protagonist in the Ragnarok because the movie is called Thor Ragnarok and not Loki Ragnarok, just accept that... Chris Hemsworth is not a Huge Star far from that and yes the last movie was a failure but even Christian Bale, Out of the Furnace was a failure, when the movie and the script is bad... but for now Chris H. had more proven success in terms of Star Power than Tom Hiddleston... I Like both actors...I just disagree with the internet bubble myths because they aren't supported in proven facts...

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Again context, Hemsworth goes for bigger movies and more blockbusters.

Out of the Furnace was a small budget, you cant compare them both, but still Bale was in a movie with a budget of 22 millions that made 14 millions and Hemsworth was in a 70 millions movie that only made 17.

The fact its that neither of them have shown to be what people goes to see, the Thor franchise its selling because of MCU and the character, not because of him.

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By lamdaddy20

Yes. Thor 1 wasn't that good, and Thor 2 was even worse in my opinion

GeekyEverAfter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

In all honesty, I've grown bored of Loki. I think he is extremely overrated and overused as a villain for Thor in the MCU, with the exception of the Dark Elves. Which is a bad move on the director's part considering all the bada** Thor villains from the comics that would make for some really interesting films for the MCU. What would be even more great is if they would actually let a female be the main villain for once, which is hardly ever done in superhero films. Think about it, could you imagine how cool it would be seeing villains like Amora the Enchantress or Karnilla in a Thor film?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hemsworth has 0 charisma.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Asgaard

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@asgaard: Again context, Hemsworth goes for bigger movies and more blockbusters.

Out of the Furnace was a small budget, you cant compare them both, but still Bale was in a movie with a budget of 22 millions that made 14 millions and Hemsworth was in a 70 millions movie that only made 17.

The fact its that neither of them have shown to be what people goes to see, the Thor franchise its selling because of MCU and the character, not because of him.

I disagree Thor 1 build the MCU... Was a lot more successful than Cap 1... Thor 2 was a mess... No actor could save that script the problem wasn't in Thor or Loki, the plot was to centered in Jane and Darcy and their pointless actions, that toke away screen time for the villain build his motivations...Like no Actor also could save Blackhat...

You only can prove that your are right in 2017 with the Skull Island movie and i don't mind to be wrong because i also like a lot from Tom Hiddleston and i want his success, i just don't understand your hate on Hemsworth, you can like Hiddleston and don't hate Hemsworth, i like both...Loki character build up in the MCU was always around Thor, and vice versa, Avengers 2 will be the exception, let's see how that will play out... staying in comic book movies, doesn't Henry Cavill has a lot of bad movies in his filmography? The Cold Light of Day? Where is his Rush kind of Movie? If you search in RT his movies are almost all rotten... But only Hemsworth is a bad actor without proven facts, our personal opinions don't mean anything...

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No.

Thor and Thor: The Dark World are better than the first Cap movie.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither are as bad as IM2, but I don't even remember the first film and the only positive of Dark World was Loki.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They were both horrible.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

I disagree Thor 1 build the MCU... Was a lot more successful than Cap 1... Thor 2 was a mess... No actor could save that script the problem wasn't in Thor or Loki, the plot was to centered in Jane and Darcy and their pointless actions, that toke away screen time for the villain build his motivations...

You only can prove that your are right in 2017 with the Skull Island movie and i don't mind to be wrong because i also like a lot from Tom Hiddleston and i want his success, i just don't understand your hate on Hemsworth, you can like Hiddleston and don't hate Hemsworth, i like both...Loki character build up in the MCU was always around Thor, and vice versa, Avengers 2 will be the exception, let's see how that will play out... staying in comic book movies, doesn't Henry Cavill has a lot of bad movies in his filmography? The Cold Light of Day? Where is his Rush kind of Movie? If you search in RT his movies are almost all rotten... But only Hemsworth is a bad actor without proven facts, our personal opinions don't mean anything...

Hate?

That i dont like some one, doesnt mean i hate it, not even that i care that much for him, i just find funny he is becoming the new hollywood push, pretty much like Taylor Kitsh was a time ago and i like Taylor Kitsh, i just understand why he failed so amazingly.

Taking that Henry Cavill made the Tudors, but also Hemsworth didnt made anything special before Thor, taking that MOS its to him what Thor was for Hemsworth, well he just start taking people attention.

Context.

Rush was directer by Ron Howard and Micheal Mann, he pick his projects, but still the fact his future doesnt looks amazing its telling something.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Of course not.

I don't think there is a weak link but if there is it's Hulk, Marvel admit that by not making any more Hulk movies. Simple as that.

The movies are awesome and so is Hemsworth, I've never met anyone you thought otherwise. Of course I live in his homeland.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Asgaard
@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@asgaard said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

I disagree Thor 1 build the MCU... Was a lot more successful than Cap 1... Thor 2 was a mess... No actor could save that script the problem wasn't in Thor or Loki, the plot was to centered in Jane and Darcy and their pointless actions, that toke away screen time for the villain build his motivations...

Hate?

That i dont like some one, doesnt mean i hate it, not even that i care that much for him, i just find funny he is becoming the new hollywood push, pretty much like Taylor Kitsh was a time ago and i like Taylor Kitsh, i just understand why he failed so amazingly.

Taking that Henry Cavill made the Tudors, but also Hemsworth didnt made anything special before Thor, taking that MOS its to him what Thor was for Hemsworth, well he just start taking people attention.

Context.

Rush was directer by Ron Howard and Micheal Mann, he pick his projects, but still the fact his future doesnt looks amazing its telling something.

The context is that Ron Howard wasn't disappointed with Chris Hemsworth performance in Rush, and choose keep working with him and he is the protagonist in the Heart of the Sea...

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I consider Thor 1 as good and Thor 2 as pretty crap, the problem is that unlike Iron Man, which got a great and a good movie to compensate for the super crappy Part 3, its still missing the big catch.

Axelroq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Natalie Portman is the weakest link in the Thor franchise as well as the plot holes in Thor 2. It had the potential to be great, but missed it.

IMHO Chris Hemsworth as Thor was a more accurate casting than Hugh Jackson as Wolverine. Hopefully in the more faithful reboot of Wolverine, they cast better.