Are the Fantastic Four coming back to comics sooner than we thought?

Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Crimz

Alex Ross recently posted an image of Reed and Sue Richards in FF suits that we've never seen before. He then almost immediately deleted it. Could this be an indication that the FF are returning back to comics soon?

No Caption Provided

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If fox gets the rights I honestly couldnt care about this movie.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Are we talking about a movie or the return of a Fantastic Four on-going comic book? Personally, I would prefer the latter over the former. I believe the establishment of a regular FF book is needed before anything can be done cinematic side. For what it's worth (and I don't think it's worth much) there's the most recent tidbit of rumor-news for FF movie fans: Stan Lee claims Marvel is working on getting X-Men and Fantastic Four into the MCU.

Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Penguin-Dust: I'm talking about comics, sorry I didn't make it clearer. I'll make changes to make it obvious which I'm talking about.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimz: I figured you were talking about comics, but since the previous reply mentioned movies, I thought I'd chime in on that as well. I've been a huge FF comic book fan for decades and never understood how Marvel's first family could be abandoned so easily. I know their books have never been as big as the mutants' books, but looking at everything else that's still on shelves, I'm still at a loss. Back in the day, I came on board when She-Hulk was a member of the team. The Incredible Hulk has been among my top Marvel characters practically since I learned to read, and I got into She-Hulk books (Savage and later Sensational) through her cousin. When she joined the Fantastic Four I migrated there and fell in love with that team. There adventures were so oddball, full of pseudo-science and unique villains like The Moleman, Kang the Conqueror, Super-Skrull, Molecule Man and Impossible Man, plus the traditional standouts of Galactus and Doctor Doom. If we get a new Fantastic Four book I would be very excited. I would love it if it was set back in the 60's or perhaps (like the X-Men, but different), if the old 1960's Fantastic Four were pulled into the present but retained their 1960's sensibilities. Maybe something like the TV show Legion which is kind of set in the 60's, but also seems to have modern technologies in it too so it actually feels like it is its own thing entirely.

The Fantastic Four (and the Doom Patrol) are the greatest teams and deserve good books from good writers and stylish artists.

Prezilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's good news because Marvel comics as a whole have been bad lately. Hopefully there good

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#7 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I hope so but it could just be a variant cover.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

idgaf about FF anymore

Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope so but it could just be a variant cover.

A variant would be disappointing, but even that is still more than what they've had these past couple years. Marvel was acting like they never even existed.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hopefully.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'd like to believe so but this could just be a variant cover for something. Not only are Marvel executives acting like spoilt brats about the Fantastic Four in comics because of Fox having the movie rights, the last FF comic didn't exactly sell that well so they could be justified in cancelling it. Also, this new Marvel Two in One series with Thing and Human Torch has only just been launched so it would make it redundant when the FF come back.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

People are saying that the Marvel Two-In-One book is a subtle and secret return of the FF. Who knows what lies ahead for the first family of Marvel.

I, myself, doubt that they will return soon to the Marvel Universe because of the movie rights thing-y.