Are The CW Shows Falling off

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By joshua755

These last couple seasons have been subpar to say the least are the case falling down hill or will they redeem themselves

SubMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They were never on

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Legends of Tommorw IMO has always been meh with sprinkles of awesomness

Arrow had an okay first, great second season and has waverd too much since then

Flash IMO only had a good first season, I honestly don't like the show between Barry and his cast, Other then joe I dislike most of them

Black Lightning just started and i hope it continues to be good.

While not a Superhero show Supernatural is a bumpy ride but always finds it way back to me enjoying it way too much.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mrmonster

Yes. I don't think Arrow season 6 is as bad as people say it was, I think it was pretty good in it's last few episodes, but it was definitely not as good as season 5.

And Flash season 4 deserves all the hate it gets. From Iris being in charge, to the generally boring villains, and the ridiculous "hashtag feminism" scene, the show really fell flat this season.

As for Black Lightning, I gave it a shot, and I didn't really enjoy it. There was just too little action, and when there was, it was nothing but Jefferson breezing through fodder without breaking a sweat. I want superhero shows to have fight scenes, and good fight scenes.

And do not even get me started on how much I despite Supergirl. Again, I gave it a shot, and it disappointed me in every way I thought possible, and in ways I didn't. Inhumans were more enjoyable than Supergirl, and Inhumans was complete trash.

Hopefully next season kicks things up a notch, especially with Batwoman being on the horizon.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshua755: I lost interest in Legends. After the third season premiere, I just stopped watching it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b838457c5cd0
deactivated-5b838457c5cd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've just been getting better and better.

Thedarkking25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: yeah dont watch s3 its stright garbage unless you watch the show for humor dont watch s3

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 anthp2000  Moderator

Wow, how much further down?

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

People complain way too much about Arrow over the smallest things. Arrow was bomb all the way through tbh. It has a great story with great villains. I remember the first and second season, the third not so much since I had stopped watching Arrow for like a year or so it seems like, and came back watching it again on the 4th season which is where I had last left off. And I had binged watched Arrow from Season 4 to the end of season 6. The show's great. The only issue I have is the fight scenes most of the time. They look stupid. The way a fight scene should look is the beginning of season 5's fight scene;

Loading Video...

This fight from the choreography, to the creativity of Arrow utilizing his bow and arrow in the middle of the fight to ragdoll Tobias, to the dope stunts Arrow does like leaping out of the window to front flip and shoot at arrow at the moving helicopter while falling.

I mean come on, most, if not all fights should be creative and done this well. But I've heard that fight scenes usually take days to complete, so maybe with extravagant stuff like the stunts and choreography it'll take too long. I still think they should treat the fight scenes as importantly as they do the story.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going downhill, but I still enjoy them.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Stopped watching all of them besides Supernatural. Even that has lost any semblance of a consistent plot, but is endearing all the same due to the characters.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: I see supernatural is still somewhat holding on I guess that Scooby natural episode was something pretty great

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@joshua755: Yep. The characters are all fun and great.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah they are still pretty great.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And do not even get me started on how much I despite Supergirl. Again, I gave it a shot, and it disappointed me in every way I thought possible, and in ways I didn't. Inhumans were more enjoyable than Supergirl, and Inhumans was complete trash.

QFT.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Magian

Unless I'm forgetting any, I am only watching Supernatural but the show really isn't what it used to be. So I am kind of glad that this season it's going to be its last one.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do feel that they are getting a little subpar, but they will surely have better moments and shows.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian: is it really going to be the last

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All garbage

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The CW shows were fun but the formula they followed was also their own downfall because it became stale.

I was a big fan of the first few seasons of arrow and flash. But it honestly got a little annoying once they gained all their sidekicks. It was just too much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d4e40f44920a
deactivated-5d4e40f44920a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorta, depends on the show. Flash held my interest for only one season and that was the first. After that, I dropped the ball watching it because it was boring IMO. Arrow, is a hit or miss depending on the season. Supergirl is okay at best. I don’t watch Legends Of Tommorow. Black Lightning is the best IMO, I thought everything about the first season was great.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By joshua755
Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They fell a long time ago. Arrow managed to make a comeback in season 5 but feel back in season 6.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only one I watch now is Supernatural, which has seen a slight resurgence in quality. The others range from meh to awfully bad.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah they’ve been bad since the beginning.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash had one really good season, and a decent second one. The third was the worst tbh, villain sucked and the plot was basically pointless. At least season 4 had a pretty good start (through it went to crap afterwards)

I've heard Arrow was ok through.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flash had only one goood season and Second was basically a rehash of season 1 but trash villian

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The CW shows were fun but the formula they followed was also their own downfall because it became stale.

I was a big fan of the first few seasons of arrow and flash. But it honestly got a little annoying once they gained all their sidekicks. It was just too much.

This for me.

@kgb725 said:

@redhood_jaytodd: LOT has not had a mediocre season yet

What about the first season?

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Definitely. Arrow Season 6 didn't have many good episodes, the best episodes were the Deathstroke ones, which weren't even relevant to the story lol. Flash Season 4 was ruined by PIS and Iris. Legends is a joke. They build up some powerful super cliche demon villain, who ends up losing to a teddy bear. Judging by the new trailers. I have more faith in the next Seasons though. BTW, I don't watch SG.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only watched Arrow and Flash but I agree.

Arrow S4:

Never really liked Diaz tbh he's pretty dry as a character. His backstory didn't really do much for me.

Oh and the plot of this season seems like a retread of some of the previous seasons:

New big bad comes to Starling city and has this super convoluted plan which only works because any move Oliver makes turns out to be a part of the villain's plan all along. This somehow causes Oliver to drive away the people he's closest to and makes Oliver question himself and if he truly became a better person.

I think what would've made Diaz more interesting is if we saw exactly how growing up in the Glades shaped him into the dangerous man that he is at the moment, kinda like a reverse Roy Harper. Each decision he made, each fight he fought, each relationship he had could show more about his character and what drove him to do what he does. Kinda like what the flashbacks did for Oliver in the previous seasons. In fact, and while some people might have an issue with this, I think Diaz should have flashbacks of his past throughout the season. This way he gets a better opportunity to actually develop as a character.

Also I think the season would've been more enjoyable if Diaz's plans didn't work 98% of the time. We already had something similar with Slade and Prometheus but to a lesser extent. Having your 3rd villain being a graduate with honors of the "Light Yagami School of Strategy" is starting to get old IMO. Actually have Oliver and his crew score some key victories and have Diaz's overall plan take legitimate setbacks but bounce have him bounce back with some counter moves. This is a good way to keep the audience at the edge of their seats since the villain isn't some nigh unbeatable mastermind who knows every move Oliver is going to make before he makes it. How Diaz responds would show his intellect and again gives us a better view of his overall character based on how he deals with adversity.

Just my two cents.

I also didn't like the whole "Civil War" B plot since, while Oliver does have issues with his leadership, the tension/trust issues felt manufactured (because it was).

Flash S4: Didn't watch it since S3 left a bad taste in my mouth. Based on what I heard for S4, this was for the best.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@subline said:

Definitely. Arrow Season 6 didn't have many good episodes, the best episodes were the Deathstroke ones, which weren't even relevant to the story lol. Flash Season 4 was ruined by PIS and Iris. Legends is a joke. They build up some powerful super cliche demon villain, who ends up losing to a teddy bear. Judging by the new trailers. I have more faith in the next Seasons though. BTW, I don't watch SG.

This plus Supergirl sucks. I disagree on season 6 though I will maintain my stance that that season for all it's flaws was good and better than season 5. Also the best Arrow episode is in season 6 [Fundamentals].

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Flash Season 3 was sub par but still enjoyable.

Legends Season 2 was enjoyable but hardly a masterpiece (I haven't seen Season 3 yet so I can't comment on it's quality).

Supergirl Season 2 was crap.

Supergirl Season 3 was better and wasn't bad just mediocre.

Arrow Season 5 was Seasons 1 and 2 done worse and is incredibly overrated. Still enjoyable though.

Arrow Season 6 was mediocre all the way through up until episode 15 (episodes 1, 2, 5 and 6 were good but that's it) where it got good. Better than Season 5 and enjoyable but it can't touch the first two seasons.

Finally Flash Season 4 was a bunch of absolute crap.

Kbroskywalker2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were never on

"It's fun" in't a proper defense for shallow characters, the constant use of ham-fisted exposition, and terrible dialogue.

Anyone who defends super girl defends everything wrong with mass produced television.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 killbilly  Moderator
HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends. Arrows Season was decent from what I've heard and seen, not as bad as 3 and 4, but worse than 1, 2 and 5. Flash was just pretty bad, definitely worse than 1 and 2, probably even worse than season 3. Supergirls season was better than the 2nd one, arguably even better than 1st one, though that's not saying much. Legends of Tomorrow had a solid 3rd season, far better than the first and at least on-par with the second, if not outright better. Black Lightning had a good first season as well from what I've seen thus far.

They're not really falling off, for the most part, this years seasons were about average.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These last couple seasons have been subpar to say the least are the case falling down hill or will they redeem themselves

I know, right? Flash Season 4 was SO underwhelming! Season 5 trailer looks good though - fingers crossed!

IchiNiSanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its already fallen off. It fell off long ago.

Legends of tomorrow is good because of the sheer meta and trope based comedy it uses after its fall.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow fell off midway through season three. I don't think it's reached the heights of the first 2.5 seasons since then. I tried watching season 5, and while it was much, much better than the previous 2 seasons, the show was so deep in it's own melodrama already I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Flash fell off after season one. It had one great season then just imploded.

Never watched Legends of Tomorrow. It just looks corny and bad.

Supergirl? Lmao....never reached a height to fall off from in the first place

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, arrow 6 was okay to good, not as good as 1,2 or 5 but better than 3 and 4, I'm in for 7

Flash 4 was terrible, I'm only watching for Caitlin and Wells now

Supergirl 3 I thought started strong but I started losing interest as it went on. Ill give 4 a chance but I doubt it'll be as good as it could be.

I like LoT the best especially when they're not taking themselves to seriously, I'm really looking forward to next season.

Black Lightning was pretty good but yeah the fights got kinda boring.