Are Star Wars characters speedsters?

• 56 results
last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Are Star Wars characters speedsters? (50 votes)

Yes. 30%
No. 70%
 • 
last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Viners often treat the Jedi and the Sith as FTL speed gods in battle threads, saying that they can speedblitz characters with actual superspeed, like Spider-Man. Meanwhile, there are many instances of non-force-sensitive humans, like the Mandalorians, or Finn for example, being able to match them in combat.

I am aware that the force can allow the user to temporarily boost their speed, but is that enough to call them speedsters?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Wolfrazer  Online

This largely depends on what Continuity you look at, but no they aren’t speedsters because speed isn’t their only power.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope but they can still move faster than an ordinary person can react.

PaleBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nope but they can still move faster than an ordinary person can react.

cj_the_dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, there's way too many instances of non-Force users contending with them. Augmenting all of one's stats to above human levels does not make one a speedster - at least not in the way I define it.

Avatar image for deactivated-635a8f29e06c3
deactivated-635a8f29e06c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but an extremely gifted force-user can mimic a speedster for a short period of time.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in canon they typically move (i said move referring to combat speed, their reaction speed is hypersonic) a bit above peak human, but can amp their speed massively with the force

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@eredin12: not what i’m saying. someone can catch a baseball going 90 mph. are they moving to catch the ball? yes sure they are, are they moving as fast as the ball? nope not even close…scarlet witch has hypersonic reaction feats as well, but can she move that fast? nope, not even close.

jedi don’t have a single hypersonic non hyperbolic statement and i was being generous before. i love star wars very much, in canon the jedi just aren’t that quick and star wars debaters need to stop saying they blitz other live action characters. they really just aren’t that fast. definitely not hypersonic is both combat or movement speed, unless i’m missing something. things can change in the future, but this is me talking as of right now

also mando kept with with ahsoka in speed who kept up with vader. you yourself admitted that the force is what allows them to do this yet mando has no connection to the force. suddenly mando is as fast as vader who can keep with with obi wan (he will in the show at least) who can keep up with anakin etc…they combat speed isn’t massively hypersonic and if the casual humans in star wars could actually keep up with massively hypersonic people their physical stats would be much higher than they are portrayed as being.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@eredin12: “as blind man trying to find object in room” unnecessary lmaoooo😂

the blasters aren’t stated to be hypersonic. you yourself admitted in the post that the jedi are extremely inconsistent because half of canon is live action/ animated material. jedi aren’t consistently fast and they sure as hell aren’t a hundred times faster than sound.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sigh….

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: my point is jedi simply aren’t consistently that fast. you said as much yourself. half of the canon material portrays them much slower.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This thread just escalated into entertainment.

commanderxeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like with all media, it all depends on the writer. At times, they're depicted as fighting in blurs, creating afterimages or moving faster than the eye can see ... but other times it's laughably inconsistent...

Loading Video...

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@eredin12: in every single bit of canon material they are kept up with by humans. humans that are completely average. so your argument is that star wars humans are all massively hypersonic? that’s not gunna fly unfortunately because their stats are often portrayed as not even peak humans according to our worlds standards much less their world.

Avatar image for miguelcervantes
MiguelCervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything faster than eye perception is a speedster.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By heiqn

Yes they are

As Eredin said Reaction Speed and movement speed are closer to each other than people think. If a character can move his body compared to Blasters which stated to be Massively Hypersonic or Light Speed, it's pretty stupid to think these characters cap at lower speeds when it comes to blitzing. There can be made arguments for Spider-Man can't blitz someone, because his speed is only activated when something comes to him, but you can't made that arguments for Jedi and Sith, who can statue blasters and move comparable to them.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: all you’ve proven here is that they are only as fast as whoever’s writing them wants them to be.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By heiqn
@emmafrostxmen said:

@eredin12: all you’ve proven here is that they are only as fast as whoever’s writing wants them to be.

Are you doing that really? I will vomit if I hear another "writer decides who is stronger/faster etc" argument because of Reddit and Quora when someone's fav character is getting soloed they suddenly pull this uno card.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: fair enough i don’t care enough to keep debating it. i feel there’s a 1/3rd chance their either human level, hypersonic, or faster than light and no one argument can be definitively made over the others.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: Yeah easily. It’s just the counter arguments are just…yikes lol.

w3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By w3b

No, the films are the primary source material & any feat outside of them that viners cling to would contradict what we see in every film & show. As lucasfilm already put it:

“These stories are the immovable objects of ‘Star Wars’ history, the characters and events to which all other tales must align”

Cv Luke is like some flash tier speedster with “island level” tk. Weird how he needed a door to beat a rancor & his lightsaber to save Han

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#30 frozen  Moderator

Yes they are speedsters.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nassergrant19

Eredin12 soloing SW canon lowballers lol

OT: They clearly are…

w3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: outdated? The statement was made after disney bought Star Wars. Either way, Vader scales to mando who lost to a space rhino by way of fighting ahsoka. Who also got disarmed by some lady with a spear.

If these characters were even .0001% as powerful as you like to tell everyone, that would make everything in the films & shows an anti feat for what you see in the comics

God_Vulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By God_Vulcan

Regular people and droids can capture their movements and accurately shoot at them. In Mandalorian Luke was being watched on camera and his movements were visible. There’s plenty of examples of regular humanoids facing off with them in close quarters.

This is not how I’d define a speedster

Mirin2248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regular people and droids can capture their movements and accurately shoot at them. In Mandalorian Luke was being watched on camera and his movements were visible. There’s plenty of examples of regular humanoids facing off with them in close quarters.

This is not how I’d define a speedster

This.

Jucaslucasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie-wise, definitely not besides a couple of instances that are never really relevant when they actually matter. Some expanded canon writers for the comics, books and some cartoons clearly have a higher view of them, so they can have some better feats in those, ig.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cocacolaman  Moderator

In the sense that I define a "speedster," I don't know of any speedsters in the series. It's not a matter of how fast you are or feats or even if you're the fastest character in the setting or not. For example, characters like Dash Parr and MCU Quicksilver are speedsters. Martian Manhunter and Galactus are not speedsters despite being much faster than Dash or MCU Quicksilver.

Brendan1021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d say they’re more Speedster-Lites for average Jedi and Sith when they use force speed. People like Maul however, definitely are as they’re Supersonic.

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So basically every physically abled person in Star wars can move and react at Mach 100 now?

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're fast but they're not speedsters.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

j_normal: that’s the only way for eredin argument to work which as you can guess just sounds very ridiculous lol.

Anyway no they aren’t. If jedi were speedsters they would just blizt any of their opponents before they could react but they don’t they block blaster bolts for a reason also if they were speedsters vader would of never let the rebels escape with the Death Star plans. Honestly them being speedsters would break a lot of canon as their be no point in obi wan sneaking around clones if he could just move faster than they can see

Avatar image for deactivated-6310e05cef78c
deactivated-6310e05cef78c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they have feats that are speedster levels so yes.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cocacolaman  Moderator

In the sense that I define a "speedster," I don't know of any speedsters in the series. It's not a matter of how fast you are or feats or even if you're the fastest character in the setting or not. For example, characters like Dash Parr and MCU Quicksilver are speedsters. Martian Manhunter and Galactus are not speedsters despite being much faster than Dash or MCU Quicksilver.

Avatar image for jedisympathiz3r
JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming you just mean people who are really fast, yes. Even in the movies force users have moved faster than other people could react

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They can enhance their speed with the Force, but at base, they aren't above supersonic/hypersonic on a consistent basis.

Ajak_XIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No lol. Regular people can react to them and see them in cannon and blaster speeds vary incredibly through cannon. Jedi are nowhere near speedsters.