Are robot companions the future?

Avatar image for stvblackrose801
stvblackrose801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With the advancement of robotics and AI in general, do you think it will become normal for people to have robot or artificial companions with their own AI?

An example is something I have been looking into Realbotix https://realbotix.systems/

When the Technology becomes advanced enough and more and more people are purchasing these companions, do you think it will be accepted in society as real relationships, or will they be considered Taboo or freaky? I've read that some people are already trying to marry their dolls and robot girlfriends.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there are tons of stuff robots will do in the future. It will be a few decades, but it will eventually happen or the world will end first who knows.

stvblackrose801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: Do you think it will get to the point it will be acceptable to be in an actual relationship with a companion robot, or even marry them? I read there are people already trying to marry them.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stvblackrose801:

I wouldn't put that past people. We already have humn making love to animals. I even heard that one person tried to marry food, but I can't remember where I got that from. I think it isnt exactly appropriate. We shouldn't marry machines. I don't think it will be acceptable. If it one day does, it will be long after we are dead. It took a very long time for Women to get rights, Blacks to get rights, and gays to be allowed. This is definitely going to be more feared than the others for people especially those who fear machine could one day take over.

stvblackrose801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: I agree, I think it will be a real long time to be socially acceptable. There will probably be PC groups that will support it though. I don't see the point of marriage since you couldn't get your robot on your insurance. I'm more interested in the aspects of AI through virtual reality than actual robots. Although there is a part of me that is worried we give them too much access to our personal data that we will end up with machines taking over.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stvblackrose801:

There will also be hate groups. Although it is science fiction, robots taking over could one day be a real possibility. There are peolpe/scientist that their job is to predict when humanity will achieve certain things like ftl space travel and laser weapons. They have predicted that with our current growth rate with tech we will hit the singularity in 50 years. The singularity is when we create a strong AI or extremely powerful A.I. that will be able to do crazy stuff. Siri is a very weak AI.

stvblackrose801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: The Harmony app is in its early development, but one thing that concerned me is that they want to be able to have it take control of appliances and your home security. Not sure I want to give an AI that much control. Especially if the programmers can get access.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stvblackrose801:

There are companies that also now have employees get chips implanted in their hands to make things easier to buy stuff and have their info in it. I have family members that fear it is the first step to a world similar to the book 1984 aka Big Brother is watching you.

stvblackrose801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: That makes me think of Demolition man. I could see in the future the Government trying to switch to Microchips if it is popular enough with corporations

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stvblackrose801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: With having to log into so many things at work and changing passwords all the time, I thought of being willing to have them take a little bit of my blood like an glucose test just to make it easier. I might even do the computer chip.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stvblackrose801:

Try not to have too much of your info on that chip. Things that can be used for good can also be used for control and tracking.

stvblackrose801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: I agree. Which I think might be an issue with the apps or robots that do everything for you. I try to make sure apps don't send anonymous data just for that reason.

Shadowwaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be a lot easier to live alone. No longer do you have to fear that if you fall down the stairs and break your neck, no one will come help you. Dating robots seems to be an excuse to insult someones lifestyle. Prostitutes would lose money.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes they are.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stvblackrose801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowwaker: Do you think Sex Robot brothels will replace prostitution?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. It will be taboo at first, like most odd things are, but eventually, it will be accepted.

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dextersinister1

@superhero24: Do you think it will get to the point it will be acceptable to be in an actual relationship with a companion robot, or even marry them? I read there are people already trying to marry them.

A man who gets an artificial companion will be considered a loser that can't get a real woman. That will never change, you will just get men who don't care or hide it.

It's socially acceptable to insinuate a man is a virgin or gay as an insult and it's also commonly used by "progressives" as an insult. So there are is no reason society is moving in a way to make this acceptable.

Shadowwaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stvblackrose801: I don't see why not...pretty innovative. You could run the brothel and be a millionaire.

Druzzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope so, imagine the good it would do for elderly folks. The robot would talk to them, and take care of their medical needs. Need their children might not necessarily want to do. I hope it is achievable when I am old. That why there is efficient help 24/7.