Are Mcu feats downplayed while DCEU feats are praised and upheld

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Something thats been going on for a while imo but heres an example, whenever u see someone talking about the outrider ship feat/star feat in iw, you always see people ''downplaying'' it and giving vivid explanations on how thor didnt cut the ship and enter through an open hole via osmosis etc/sun was too small etc despite director and character confirmation. However this juxtaposes lets say, the new ww trailer where ww swings through lightning where half the comments on the discussion are praising it to be light-ftl feat and scaling other characters to such speeds in addition to the other half of the comments downplaying and insulting the mcu ( mainly through dceu alts with 10 posts per profile). Is this a common practice or a once in a lifetime thing

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Supermanforever

quite the oposite.

a8612152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, some people have double standard and they downplay MCU regularly. It's been like this for years now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There really is no one or the other it's a 50/50 split on both sides highballing and lowballing.

While the chosen few like myself keep the peace... haha.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it's always been a thing. Since like...forever.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: That was the most BS I have read on this site. And I have seen people claiming that Darkseid > Thanos

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

DCEU is way more flashy and consistent

One minute he’s moving the rings, the next Thor is punching someone and only sending them like 5 feet away. Superman’s punches send people miles away.

If you want a character to be praised give them consistent feats or else like the star feat, they will wind up being considered an outlier. Thanos who scales to being >>> Thor only sent a 200 pound man (Cap) like 10 feet away. It’s kinda funny the MCU never uses consistent strength feats and prefers to just make all of the fights look street level in nature

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Shinne

I like that people who are bitching about this are the ones doing the exact opposite, lol.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 takenstew22  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

charzhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not convinced they are. If anythin DCEUs feats are over analysed to the point of nitpicking.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Honestly it's both. Both sides are downplayed and sometimes clearly too praised. Dunno but I think it's weird to use, for example, dceu superman "shifting tectonic plate feat" as legit feat while dismissing and downplaying everything Thor did on that star. But I don't judge. I just think it's weird

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

I like that people who are bitching about this are the ones doing the exact opposite, lol.

There are more MCU fans on this site than DCEU Fans. I'd say MCU is more wanked (especially after IW came out, the wank increased by a million fold), bleeding edge Iron Man being able to no-sell a nuke and planet level/Mach 5 combat speed Thor and Sokovia buster Thanos or Black Widow having better combat speed than Superman coz h2h skills and a plethora of other similarly ridiculous claims whilst on the dceu side you have tectonic plate/stronger than a planet Superman, Batman being able to walk on the sun coz there isn't any evidence contradicting it (lol - BabyDarkseid was a gem), Doomsday is completely immune to physical damage regardless of how strong his opponent is.. etc.

It's rather close, both are wanked. And now that WW's trailer is out I simply can't wait for "FTL combat speed" Diana arguments. The wank is gonna be funny when the movie hits the theaters.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rajjarsalt

@thebestofthebest said:
@lan_fan said:

There are more MCU fans on this site than DCEU Fans. I'd say MCU is more wanked (especially after IW came out, the wank increased by a million fold), bleeding edge Iron Man being able to no-sell a nuke and planet level/Mach 5 combat speed Thor and Sokovia buster Thanos or Black Widow having better combat speed than Superman coz h2h skills and a plethora of other similarly ridiculous claims whilst on the dceu side you have tectonic plate/stronger than a planet Superman, Batman being able to walk on the sun coz there isn't any evidence contradicting it (lol - BabyDarkseid was a gem), Doomsday is completely immune to physical damage regardless of how strong his opponent is.. etc.

It's rather close, both are wanked. And now that WW's trailer is out I simply can't wait for "FTL combat speed" Diana arguments. The wank is gonna be funny when the movie hits the theaters.

Holy shit. I understand Thor fanwankery, but damn.

OT: The downplay is pretty bad, though. I claimed that Thor's the All-father of CBM wank and I stand by it, but to my knowledge no other CBM high-tier character has been lowballed to the tiers he's been dragged to. Then you have the gold about MCU street level, but that never mattered in 616, nor in the DCEU when they're showing CQC fighting, so I never understood why it would actually have any value in a debate, even if those who try to rag on it are kinda accurate on the visuals looking unimpressive.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can almost tell who is gonna say what in this thread.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll answer honestly. This happens on BOTH ends all the time. One is usually just in response to the other so everyone feels justified because "They did it first."

Thorislow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

quite the opposite

mcu wankers ignore cinematic reality with illogical excuses.

here is proof that thanos was not holding back against human cap america. so how could thanos hurt dceu superman ?

Steve slashes at Thanos. The Titan brutally bats him aside. Thor attacks, but Thanos drives him through walls of debris. THANOS SMASHES HIS FIST INTO THOR’S FACE, OVER AND OVER. Thor calls for Stormbreaker, but Thanos intercepts it. He presses the blade into Thor’s chest, trying to drive it home. Then, across the field...MJOLNIR RISES INTO THE AIR. THANOS GRINS, ABOUT TO FINISH THOR OFF, WHEN...MJOLNIR FLIES IN, KNOCKING THE AXE OUT OF HIS HAND. Follow the hammer as it flies back to the only other man worthy enough to wield it...STEVE ROGERS. Half-conscious, THOR SEES STEVE HOLDING MJOLNIR

Thorislow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt:

here is proof that thanos was not holding back against human cap america. so how could thanos hurt dceu superman ?

Steve slashes at Thanos. The Titan brutally bats him aside. Thor attacks, but Thanos drives him through walls of debris. THANOS SMASHES HIS FIST INTO THOR’S FACE, OVER AND OVER. Thor calls for Stormbreaker, but Thanos intercepts it. He presses the blade into Thor’s chest, trying to drive it home. Then, across the field...MJOLNIR RISES INTO THE AIR. THANOS GRINS, ABOUT TO FINISH THOR OFF, WHEN...MJOLNIR FLIES IN, KNOCKING THE AXE OUT OF HIS HAND. Follow the hammer as it flies back to the only other man worthy enough to wield it...STEVE ROGERS. Half-conscious, THOR SEES STEVE HOLDING MJOLNIR

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebb616323ddd
deactivated-5ebb616323ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can almost tell who is gonna say what in this thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebb616323ddd
deactivated-5ebb616323ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OT:

@rijehu said:

I'll answer honestly. This happens on BOTH ends all the time. One is usually just in response to the other so everyone feels justified because "They did it first."

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorislow: Seriously? Thanos KO'd Cap even though Cap shielded himself. It's rather a high showing for Thanos.

Thorislow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5:

please compare that to dd striking ww shield or superman with a tap propelling the 450 lb armored batman.

or how iron man without his face armor easily survives thanos strike?

TONY LUNGES FOR THE GAUNTLET IN THANOS’ HAND, NANO-CLAMPING IT IN A VISE. THANOS KNOCKS HIM ASIDE. HE LIFTS HIS HAND IN THE AIR, TRIUMPHANT. THANOS I am...inevitable. THANOS SNAPS HIS FINGERS. But nothing happens. Confused, Thanos turns the glove over to find...THE STONES ARE GONE. He looks to see...TONY, NANO-PARTICLES SLIDING AND SHIFTING, FORMING A NEW GAUNTLET ON HIS OWN WRIST

i will wait....

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By godzilla44

DCEU is way more flashy and consistent

One minute he’s moving the rings, the next Thor is punching someone and only sending them like 5 feet away. Superman’s punches send people miles away.

If you want a character to be praised give them consistent feats or else like the star feat, they will wind up being considered an outlier. Thanos who scales to being >>> Thor only sent a 200 pound man (Cap) like 10 feet away. It’s kinda funny the MCU never uses consistent strength feats and prefers to just make all of the fights look street level in nature

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 takenstew22  Moderator

Both are bad. I remember when people thought Superman can solo and blitz all the Avengers army from Endgame, the infamous star level Thor, etc.

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sinmply put: yes

EVERY MCU high end feat is "not as impressive" unquantifiable" ( even tho this doens't take the wow factor) or "not consistent" when they have been receiveing that feats aall the time. Like every feat has an "true explanation" of why they aren't that impressive and have to be not consider because of the lower ones but i see maaany people simply forget that dceu supes got koed, felt thibgs much lower than explosions etc

Iron man was able to push multi ton engines of the hellicarrier, lift that giant...thing and prob hold it until thanos arrived and he could hit him with it, survived a meteor (that was "going very fast" russo's words) , was hit in a MOS like style twice (first by cull throwed many km/miles) then by his own attack that thanos absorved and throwed back to him, has leviathan killing/redirecting attacks etc

Hulk has leviathan punches, has made earthquakes in more than one ocasion, tanked having a building being throwed at him+missles of im, could snap, could after being almost killed lift hundreds of tons with one arm and almost knocked out, broke the iceberg

Thor has made the helicarrier shake, was hilariosly stronger than a dragon that could make earthquakes to the point that he could break free from multiple layersof chains that could hold his entire body mass×aceleration

(and who could go faster than sound), could hold his mouth open with one hand and in fact something that could thru the bones of this dragon could't even make minor cuts in him or loki,could take at least multi city block explosion(bifrost) unscratched,overpower hulk's bullrush,incinerate asgardians( hela's minions), survive being stabbed and all this without IW

Thanos is stronger than all of this. His punches one shotted two beings that can be hit by trains easely (panther and iron spider), overpowered everyone that was in his way with some minor exeptions,the strengh of two leviathan destroying attacks are nothing to him, overpowered Thor and Hulk, easely destroyed IM armor when nothing before could even make a dent, destroyed vibranium

Just wait for plp explaning to me why that isn't this impressive

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt:

Steve slashes at Thanos. The Titan brutally bats him aside. Thor attacks, but Thanos drives him through walls of debris. THANOS SMASHES HIS FIST INTO THOR’S FACE, OVER AND OVER. Thor calls for Stormbreaker, but Thanos intercepts it. He presses the blade into Thor’s chest, trying to drive it home. Then, across the field...MJOLNIR RISES INTO THE AIR. THANOSS GRINS, ABOUT TO FINISH THOR OFF, WHEN...MJOLNIR FLIES IN, KNOCKING THE AXE OUT OF HIS HAND. Follow the hammer as it flies back to the only other man worthy enough to wield it...STEVE ROGERS. Half-conscious, THOR SEES STEVE HOLDING MJOLNIR

Because peak Thanos was Endgame Thanos according to Russos. He won't job now!

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinmply put: yes

EVERY MCU high end feat is "not as impressive" unquantifiable" ( even tho this doens't take the wow factor) or "not consistent" when they have been receiveing that feats aall the time. Like every feat has an "true explanation" of why they aren't that impressive and have to be not consider because of the lower ones but i see maaany people simply forget that dceu supes got koed, felt thibgs much lower than explosions etc

Iron man was able to push multi ton engines of the hellicarrier, lift that giant...thing and prob hold it until thanos arrived and he could hit him with it, survived a meteor (that was "going very fast" russo's words) , was hit in a MOS like style twice (first by cull throwed many km/miles) then by his own attack that thanos absorved and throwed back to him, has leviathan killing/redirecting attacks etc

Hulk has leviathan punches, has made earthquakes in more than one ocasion, tanked having a building being throwed at him+missles of im, could snap, could after being almost killed lift hundreds of tons with one arm and almost knocked out, broke the iceberg

Thor has made the helicarrier shake, was hilariosly stronger than a dragon that could make earthquakes to the point that he could break free from multiple layersof chains that could hold his entire body mass×aceleration

(and who could go faster than sound), could hold his mouth open with one hand and in fact something that could thru the bones of this dragon could't even make minor cuts in him or loki,could take at least multi city block explosion(bifrost) unscratched,overpower hulk's bullrush,incinerate asgardians( hela's minions), survive being stabbed and all this without IW

Thanos is stronger than all of this. His punches one shotted two beings that can be hit by trains easely (panther and iron spider), overpowered everyone that was in his way with some minor exeptions,the strengh of two leviathan destroying attacks are nothing to him, overpowered Thor and Hulk, easely destroyed IM armor when nothing before could even make a dent, destroyed vibranium

Just wait for plp explaning to me why that isn't this impressive

And THIS everyone is why I answered the way I did. Because MCU NEEEEEEVER does this.

Avatar image for darkdementor101
DarkDementor101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are wanked

TheOmniDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember "Thor overpowered a full universal beam from IG, therefore he's multiversal."

Avatar image for deactivated-5e091d3024999
deactivated-5e091d3024999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean you have zod vs superman and trinity vs doomsday being put on the same level as thor vs hela, thanos vs trinity. Because f@*k physics right?

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU's generic feats get overwanked while their high end feats get less attention

MrTrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are wanked and low-balled, dumb thread.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cocacolaman  Moderator

Well, when you look at it a certain way, it's almost expected among normal viewers. Which would impress you more, Thor punching Hulk and making him grunt or Superman punching Zod across city blocks like he's not even trying?

On CV, they're both over and underrated to a massive extent, to the point both tiers are anything from Olympic athlete level to multiversal.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: like superman carrying the building? tbh i would put the titan battle around or above the trinity fight mainly due to the moon ripping and dr strange

Avatar image for deactivated-5e091d3024999
deactivated-5e091d3024999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuggachugga170: mate, my post is clearly referring to the physical aspect of fights, not the hax

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU fans are pathetic.

MCU characters are wanked to high heaven.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU character's are far more wanked than they are downplayed lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffd6af867550
deactivated-5ffd6af867550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like OP has never seen,"Malekith was gonna end the Universe. Thor beat Malekith. Thor is Universal."

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheGrat1

The problem is that the MCU is terribly inconsistent.

One of the most hyped mcu feats is the forge. Assume Thor can lift/curl giant metal rings the size of a city. Why does he struggle to lift a 2 ton (at most) Thanos of of him, then? Thanos can not push down with more than his own body weight. It should be like lifting a feather to Thor.

Tony supposedly "tanks" a meteor at reentry speeds yet his armor gets easily cracked by Thanos' punches who can not hope to output that much force.

The feat you cite in the op is an example of one being overhyped. Thor proponents typically portray it as the "lightning cloak" doing all of the work. They seem to ignore the fact that Thor pierced the ship with Stormbreaker first and then blew it up from the inside. Even those who understand it was Stormbreaker that pierced the hull use that as evidence that it can pierce the likes of DCEU Superman/Doomsday/Steppenwolf. They seem to ignore that Superman's fists have achieved the exact same feat and failed to pierce any of these people.

In comparison, the DCEU is, on the whole, a lot more definite and consistent. For example: When the world engine was dropped they told us it's speed, we did not have to calc it or guess. The nuke used in BvS is an actual warhead in the US arsenal and we can see it's specs on screen. They use real vehicles and weapons like a C-17 Globemaster and the guns Batman used to shoot Supes on the ground while the MCU has quinjets and chitauri/space stone weapons that people scale to unidentified bullets.

The biggest thing, in my opinion, is physics. Snyder and the stunt coordination team for the DCEU just seem to have a better portrayal of it. Things have a certain, consistent weight to them. Using the example above, it would be absolutely silly watching Kal-El struggle to lift someone who cannot fly off of him when we know he can bench press an apartment block. It seems like they have a better understanding of how a fight between actual super humans would play out where as the MCU has people with superhuman abilities but for the most part just makes them fight like humans would. Leaning on someone would work on regular people but it should be nothing to a superhuman.

There were a few moments in Justice League where this happened, though. The one I always think back to is when Diana and Arthur are pulling Steppenwolf down and he actually seems to be struggling when in reality they cannot possibly pull down with more than their own body weight. I blame Whedon.

Those are just the first things that came to mind.

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like the MCU isn't consistent with showing the true power of their high tiers....where as the DCEU is.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Have some mercy on the DCEU fanboys there just has not been much for them to hang their hats on yet.