Are Maguire Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson a good couple?

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Are Maguire Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson a good couple? (29 votes)

Yes 31%
No 69%

In honor of Into the Spiderverse coming out yesterday

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Previous polls

Part 1

Part 2

Tell me if you would like to be tagged in the next poll

• 
mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

1,000% yes. They had perfect on-screen chemistry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol no. Terrible chemistry. The relationship between Peter and MJ is the worst part about the Raimi trilogy.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#4  Edited By KrleAvenger

In first movie they did not have a reason to like each other yet they both hurt Harry despite the fact that they knew he really cared about Mary Jane and that they were actually together. And instead of supporting him like a good girlfriend, she told Peter he loved him for no reason what so ever. Peter, doing a logical thing, decides not to be with her due to danger of his double life. Yet in the next movie he only acts like a crybaby due to Mary Jane, almost loses conscious at Planetarium Party (literally, so cringe-worthy) and basically loses his powers due to psychological issues and those being Mary Jane not being with him only, something he himself decided to go with. So instead of taking his own advice and being matured, he just can't help himself.

And Mary Jane being manipulative and selfish witch she is, decides to get married to this guy she barely knows for no reason what so ever but to make Peter feel bad about himself. And Peter instead of using this as means to finally move on, tries to seduce MJ because he lost his powers, and yet MJ pretends like she does not care, just to make him feel bad. And yet she tries to replicate the Spider-man upside down kiss with Jameson because the woman can't help herself, even tho this reference does not work because she did not know Peter was Spider-man at the time. And if that was not enough, MJ does the unthinkable and asks Peter if he loves her. And when it looks like Peter finally tries to move on, she wants him to, I quote, kiss her. All behind her fiancee's back.

I like how Peter gets his powers back after MJ gets kidnapped. Gives him proper motivation to be a hero again (although I really do not like the fact that Peter was in love with Mary Jane ever since he was a toddler, asking "if she is an angel" when he was a kid the first time he saw her, kinda unrealistic and kinda kills the whole thing with Peter and Mary Jane not being remotely interested in each other at first, something seen in both Spider-man Animated Series and canon comics). However, when Peter at least seems to be a grown up and explains why they can't be together, referencing the end of the previous movie, MJ leaves the last second and everything plays it like it should. Who cares about responsibility and maturity, I am all yours MJ.

It also does not help the fact that Peter was in "am I not suppose to have what I want" mood during the wedding day right before MJ came in. I mean, dude, you were just suppose to move on. You apparently moved on in the previous movie, you moved on a scene ago, and right before she got kidnapped you decided to go with "I don't love you actually" thing. Enough with this. You're done. And Spider-man 3, oh my god. Renegade pimp-slapping moments and trying to make her mad was totally unnecessary for this trilogy. We had enough of their relationship. It just goes on forever man. Evil Spider-man is ok but don't include MJ. Too much romance. And MJ stabs Peter again and even hurts Harry again and helps him bring his memories back by creating a love triangle, again, just to hurt Peter.

They had practically no real screen time together after Peter pimp slapped her so God knows how they planned on fixing the relationship in Spider-man 4 but even before the Black Suit, Mary Jane bothers Peter with her problems and when he tries to support her (which was extremely bad support anyway Peter) by telling her how he goes through the exact same thing, she goes with the dumbest excuse ever with "u r u, I m me" logic. And becomes jealous because her boyfriend is popular. I mean, he saves people and he finally catches a break you hypocrite. And Peter, a genius he is, kisses another girl even tho she herself had no interest in doing that, and MJ, logically being pissed although still being a baby about it, calls him out, and Peter's excuses are... literally non-existent.

Basically, the only reason why I wouldn't call it one of the worst relationships ever, is because it does not stand out as much as the other things in these movies that you care about more. And every scene with Peter and Mary Jane is just like filler that you just sit through and barely register any dialogue. At least that is how I see it anyway. Oh yeah, why not just say "beat Harry up" instead of playing his game.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kevd4wg

@krleavenger said:

In first movie they did not have a reason to like each other yet they both hurt Harry despite the fact that they knew he really cared about Mary Jane and that they were actually together. And instead of supporting him like a good girlfriend, she told Peter he loved him for no reason what so ever. Peter, doing a logical thing, decides not to be with her due to danger of his double life. Yet in the next movie he only acts like a crybaby due to Mary Jane, almost loses conscious at Planetarium Party (literally, so cringe-worthy) and basically loses his powers due to psychological issues and those being Mary Jane not being with him only, something he himself decided to go with. So instead of taking his own advice and being matured, he just can't help himself.

And Mary Jane being manipulative and selfish witch she is, decides to get married to this guy she barely knows for no reason what so ever but to make Peter feel bad about himself. And Peter instead of using this as means to finally move on, tries to seduce MJ because he lost his powers, and yet MJ pretends like she does not care, just to make him feel bad. And yet she tries to replicate the Spider-man upside down kiss with Jameson because the woman can't help herself, even tho this reference does not work because she did not know Peter was Spider-man at the time. And if that was not enough, MJ does the unthinkable and asks Peter if he loves her. And when it looks like Peter finally tries to move on, she wants him to, I quote, kiss her. All behind her fiancee's back.

I like how Peter gets his powers back after MJ gets kidnapped. Gives him proper motivation to be a hero again (although I really do not like the fact that Peter was in love with Mary Jane ever since he was a toddler, asking "if she is an angel" when he was a kid the first time he saw her, kinda unrealistic and kinda kills the whole thing with Peter and Mary Jane not being remotely interested in each other at first, something seen in both Spider-man Animated Series and canon comics). However, when Peter at least seems to be a grown up and explains why they can't be together, referencing the end of the previous movie, MJ leaves the last second and everything plays it like it should. Who cares about responsibility and maturity, I am all yours MJ.

It also does not help the fact that Peter was in "am I not suppose to have what I want" mood during the wedding day right before MJ came in. I mean, dude, you were just suppose to move on. You apparently moved on in the previous movie, you moved on a scene ago, and right before she got kidnapped you decided to go with "I don't love you actually" thing. Enough with this. You're done. And Spider-man 3, oh my god. Renegade pimp-slapping moments and trying to make her mad was totally unnecessary for this trilogy. We had enough of their relationship. It just goes on forever man. Evil Spider-man is ok but don't include MJ. Too much romance. And MJ stabs Peter again and even hurts Harry again and helps him bring his memories back by creating a love triangle, again, just to hurt Peter.

They had practically no real screen time together after Peter pimp slapped her so God knows how they planned on fixing the relationship in Spider-man 4 but even before the Black Suit, Mary Jane bothers Peter with her problems and when he tries to support her (which was extremely bad support anyway Peter) by telling her how he goes through the exact same thing, she goes with the dumbest excuse ever with "u r u, I m me" logic. And becomes jealous because her boyfriend is popular. I mean, he saves people and he finally catches a break you hypocrite. And Peter, a genius he is, kisses another girl even tho she herself had no interest in doing that, and MJ, logically being pissed although still being a baby about it, calls him out, and Peter's excuses are... literally non-existent.

Basically, the only reason why I wouldn't call it one of the worst relationships ever, is because it does not stand out as much as the other things in these movies that you care about more. And every since with Peter and Mary Jane is just like filler that you just sit through and barely register any dialogue. At least that is how I see it anyway. Oh yeah, why not just say "beat Harry up" instead of playing his game.

Very Nice Breakdown

OT: Eh

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved them together but in hindsight, they're relationship was pretty toxic and not particularly well-written either

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically, the only reason why I wouldn't call it one of the worst relationships ever, is because it does not stand out as much as the other things in these movies that you care about more. And every scene with Peter and Mary Jane is just like filler that you just sit through and barely register any dialogue. At least that is how I see it anyway. Oh yeah, why not just say "beat Harry up" instead of playing his game.

No Caption Provided

And just like that, everyone's favorite couple was ruined

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... Daaaamn. Well now that I think about it, the Raimi films suck. Not only is Spiderman almost completely wrong because he's permanently stuck in his nerdy awkward outsider phase when he was supposed to glow up after he got his powers, it took me actually reading the source material this year to realize that. The cgi just doesn't age well, there are some movies with 2000's cgi that forever look acceptable but this trilogy ain't it. Peter's perfect match would be his landlords daughter. Mary Jane is evil lmao

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, Pete was better without her.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers