Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

LAS VEGAS — Jason Momoa told theater owners at CinemaCon that he was leaving on Wednesday evening to fly to Australia to begin production on “Aquaman.”

Consequently, the superhero film didn’t have a trailer to show exhibitors. That didn’t stop Momoa and director James Wan from debuting a video rich with production art that promised to take audiences to a dazzling underwater universe.

“I want the audience to experience Atlantis in the way that Aquaman experiences it as well,” said Wan, whose credits include “The Conjuring,” “Insidious,” and “Furious 7.”

The mockups that Wan showed were arresting. They included drawings of an elaborate dogfight pitting warriors riding sharks and octopus-like creatures. There were also deep sea dragons, glittering palaces, and an image of Aquaman, trident in hand, riding a hammerhead shark.

“Aquaman is an absolute bada–,” said Wan. “This is the kind of movie that could not have been made five years ago.”

“Aquaman” opens in theaters on Dec. 21, 2018. The art was introduced as part of Warner Bros.’ presentation to exhibitors at CinemaCon. The sizzle reels included extended previews of “Justice League” and “Wonder Woman,” two DC Comics films that the studio hopes will rival the cinematic universe that Marvel has created.

‘Aquaman’ Concept Art Makes a Splash at CinemaCon | Variety

If they actually pull this stuff off then the Aquaman movie could be epic. Hopefully this gets leaked or released soon. Also, click the link if you want to hear how extended previews of Wonder Woman and Justice League were received. But also the comment section is full of morons.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Like you already said, Aquaman has the potential to be one of the greatest superhero movies ever made if it's actually good.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

It better be good!

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Jason Mamoa, and I really like the DCEU design/version of the character. The only thing is I'm not familiar with James Wan or his work, but I heard good things about his films, so it's a wait and see for me

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so giddy for this film it's ridiculous.

Scratch that, I'm giddy for Aquaman in general!

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to see that Black Manta concept art.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super excited. This movie may be worth the price of a ticket based on visuals alone. I wasn't sure about having a horror director do a superhero movie, but the more I think about it the more I feel him doing an Aquaman movie specifically will actually be pretty fantastic. Lots of horrors in the deep, and he's promised some cool monster designs.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Jason Mamoa, and I really like the DCEU design/version of the character. The only thing is I'm not familiar with James Wan or his work, but I heard good things about his films, so it's a wait and see for me

The insidious and Conjuring films are horror masterpieces IMO. Unless you really hate horror you should give them a watch.

Savitar71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Savitar71

I'm so hyped for this movie. If they nail this, and I think James Wan can, this thing could be a frickin masterpiece. Especially since I have a feeling Aquamoa is gonna be a highlight of the DCEU.

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there a Star Wars movie planned for december of the next year? Will be a problem for the Aquaman movie?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: Yeah, those are movies I've heard about and pretty much everyone says the same. So if Wan can apply his craft to Aquaman like he's done with those films, Aquaman sounds like he's in good hands

Iara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purpledeadragon: If it's the Han stand alone then I think Aquaman will be fine to be honest.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15 the_stegman  Moderator

@iara said:

@purpledeadragon: If it's the Han stand alone then I think Aquaman will be fine to be honest.

And Han Solo is in May

Blackstar_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pressure is on WW and Justice league to deliver If not down goes the DCEU.

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting.

Iara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: So is Episode 9 coming out only a year after 8 because I've only heard of those 3 films coming out?

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I hope Momoa does a good job. From the trailer, of Justice League, it looks like he's going to steal the show or be a surprise like Drax in GOTG. I am looking forward to Aquaman.