Aquaman replaces Batman in Gotham what happens?

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Here is da scenario batman leaves 4 vacation & task curry 2 protect da streets of gotham on top of dat da arkham asylum has had a massive roit & most of da criminals break out how does arthur fair as batman?

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of a sudden people stop reading...

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Arthur wouldn't put up with as much s&$t as Bruce that's for sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed95594e07
deactivated-62aed95594e07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He handles most of them quite well.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

A penguin vs a fish. What do you think happens......

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is not equipped to handle Gotham.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

He isn't equipped, but he can handle it

Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he will have less resources available, but when he does get his hands on the villains, theres a good chance he maims or kills them. especially if gotham is considered his atlantis for the story.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^

BabyDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he will have less resources available, but when he does get his hands on the villains, theres a good chance he maims or kills them. especially if gotham is considered his atlantis for the story.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jashro44

He'd fail IMO. Aquaman doesn't have the detective skills to protect Gotham. I doubt he has the tactical ability either. Not an expert on aquaman and I'm not saying he is dumb but I doubt he can compare to batman in the intellect department. He is more powerful than batman but this isn't a fight. Joker or Riddler aren't going to show up and challenge him to fisty-cuffs. There going to plant some bomb in Gotham or rely on traps.

Also for the record Aquaman was already jokerized during endgame. Being batman is about more than just brute force. Which is why it was stated it would take both Cassandra Cain and Tim Drake to protect Gotham IIRC. Cass can do the martial arts stuff but there has to be someone to do the detective work, and tactical stuff.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

He sinks its

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mrmonster

He has a very easy time. Even the more powerful villains like Bane and Killer Croc do not stand a chance against Aquaman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hed fail just like how green lantern failed in justice league war

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he can handle Gotham, maybe not the same as Batman but in his own way he could clean the city up. And like another user said, he would kill or main the criminal instead of sending them to jail. Batman grew up in Gotham and knows how the people, city, law enforcement, politics and more act with each other. Aquaman is used to watching over the oceans, a much larger area while Batman's niche is a city.

@jashro44 said:

He'd fail IMO. Aquaman doesn't have the detective skills to protect Gotham. I doubt he has the tactical ability either. Not an expert on aquaman and I'm not saying he is dumb but I doubt he can compare to batman in the intellect department. He is more powerful than batman but this isn't a fight. Joker or Riddler aren't going to show up and challenge him to fisty-cuffs. There going to plant some bomb in Gotham or rely on traps.

Also for the record Aquaman was already jokerized during endgame. Being batman is about more than just brute force. Which is why it was stated it would take both Cassandra Cain and Tim Drake to protect Gotham IIRC. Cass can do the martial arts stuff but there has to be someone to do the detective work, and tactical stuff.

Those are all good points but I think with his telepathy, he could gather information to make up for his lack of detective skills on some circumstances. By reading the mind of a henchmen here and another one there, he could find the location of their boss (Joker, Riddler Penguin etc) and once he finds the boss, he could just read their mind and find out where the bombs, antidote to poison gas, money or kidnapped persons are located.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilmenworks: I thought about that. But how does aquamans TP work? Do he need to see the target to read there minds? Would Joker and Riddler stay in one place and allow there henchmen to give up valuable information? I mean the thing with Joker is his mind is unpredictable. Joker might tell his henchmen he is in one place, knowing aquaman will read there minds and might have some kind of trap there instead. Plus IIRC even Martian Manhunter has had issues with Jokers insanity as well so that could be another issue that aquaman might not be able to read jokers mind.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He makes it less of a shit hole than it is now.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MasterSkywalker

@jashro44 said:

@devilmenworks: I thought about that. But how does aquamans TP work? Do he need to see the target to read there minds? Would Joker and Riddler stay in one place and allow there henchmen to give up valuable information? I mean the thing with Joker is his mind is unpredictable. Joker might tell his henchmen he is in one place, knowing aquaman will read there minds and might have some kind of trap there instead. Plus IIRC even Martian Manhunter has had issues with Jokers insanity as well so that could be another issue that aquaman might not be able to read jokers mind.

In Pre-Flashpoint he could just TP someone unless they outclassed him, plus he can increase its range and call out for the sea life to do his bidding on numerous occasions. And it most of those he didn't need to see his opponents, like when he ordered a bunch of sharks to attack Despero. It wouldn't be an issue of reading their minds, he could just give them a seizure like he did to Zum and hurt them telepathically. J'onns issue with reading the Joker was his mind was like a storm, but in character he doesn't go for massive telepathic assaults. Plus joker was in possession of the Worgolog and was using it to affect reality.

No Caption Provided

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:I agree completely. Have comics really stated that tim and cass together would do that? I've always thought that, (not counting tynion tim, he's too light). But Tim equipping cass with gear, and working in her ear and giving her directions about fight tactics or crime scenes, etc, kind of like bruce to terry could really work. Only problem would be for either to reach Bruce's level they'd have to give up parts of their humanity (the sacrifice of being the human who walks with gods, and that would be terrible for Cass and Tim. Again, not counting tynion tim, he seems to have all the answers with none of the emotional weight or sacrifice). Maybe a grown up Damian could do it.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Devilmenworks

@jashro44: I am not entirely sure of the delicacy of his telepathy. I know he can give seizures, rip out information, and read minds of people with no telepathy resistance but I don't know how close he has to be to do all of these things.

The Joker's mind is very unpredictable but if there are henchmen who helped him (or the Riddler, Mad Hatter etc) plant a bomb or kidnap someone then he could find out where the bomb, or kidnapped people are located based on gathering facts from the sane henchmen's minds. Now if someone like the Joker does something by himself, Arthur may be out of luck, but I guess it depends on his insanity at the time.

For example, if let's place Arthur in the Dark Knight scenario when the Joker is being interrogated. I am sure Arthur could rip out the info of their location (Rachel and Harvey) but by the time he gets to either location, the same scenario may play out (due to the bomb timer) and Rachel dies and Harvey nearly dies.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Devilmenworks

@thordinson: Thanks for the scan, info and the reply. Based on the info you provided, I am more confident he clears Gotham city, although the Joker would probably be his biggest obstacle in some circumstances.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilmenworks: I've heard of him giving people seizures and stuff, but I've never seen Aquaman read minds or communicate telepathically before. Any proof of this ability?

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Devilmenworks

@force_echo: I forgot which issue this was from but I got this from one of the battle forums some time ago.

No Caption Provided

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilmenworks: That's just him giving someone a seizure. I don't think there's any evidence he can read minds or communicate with humans telepathically.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thordinson: Thing is giving people a seizure doesn't really solve problems when your dealing with batmans rogues. No one is doubting aquaman beating them in a fight but it takes more than that to foil there plans. The reason Riddler, Ra's, Joker, etc. are a problem for batman is because of there resources and planning and batman has to counter there plans with his own resources and planning.

I am questioning Aquamans ability to do this. TP could potentially be a huge help but is it really enough? Regarding the scan of martian manhunter he didn't have as much trouble as I thought however we do have to keep in mind J'onn is a few tiers ahead of aquaman in TP. So the fact he did have any trouble makes me question aquamans ability to read jokers mind.

Force_echo also brought up a fair question about aquaman being able to read minds and stuff with his TP. I know J'onn called Aquaman to help him fight Despero but that was just more combat TP. Has aquaman shown the ability to read minds of regular humans?

@jashro44:I agree completely. Have comics really stated that tim and cass together would do that? I've always thought that, (not counting tynion tim, he's too light). But Tim equipping cass with gear, and working in her ear and giving her directions about fight tactics or crime scenes, etc, kind of like bruce to terry could really work. Only problem would be for either to reach Bruce's level they'd have to give up parts of their humanity (the sacrifice of being the human who walks with gods, and that would be terrible for Cass and Tim. Again, not counting tynion tim, he seems to have all the answers with none of the emotional weight or sacrifice). Maybe a grown up Damian could do it.

To be honest I'm not sure what issue this was stated. I remember @bat_girl_cc mentioned this before.

@jashro44: I am not entirely sure of the delicacy of his telepathy. I know he can give seizures, rip out information, and read minds of people with no telepathy resistance but I don't know how close he has to be to do all of these things.

The Joker's mind is very unpredictable but if there are henchmen who helped him (or the Riddler, Mad Hatter etc) plant a bomb or kidnap someone then he could find out where the bomb, or kidnapped people are located based on gathering facts from the sane henchmen's minds. Now if someone like the Joker does something by himself, Arthur may be out of luck, but I guess it depends on his insanity at the time.

For example, if let's place Arthur in the Dark Knight scenario when the Joker is being interrogated. I am sure Arthur could rip out the info of their location (Rachel and Harvey) but by the time he gets to either location, the same scenario may play out (due to the bomb timer) and Rachel dies and Harvey nearly dies.

I think this is all fair. I do feel like Joker would probably plan around aquamans TP if he knew aquaman was in Gotham.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The death toll goes way for both criminals and civilians.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two words: Laughing. Fish.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The superstitious and cowardly lot get a trident through the neck

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually think aquaman would do fine.

I mean sure he may lose a bridge or two. but eventually he will kill the clown.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: very interesting points but i do think Arthur's leadership skills & da fact dat he's a king might give him a working knowledge of terrorist & how 2 deal wit dem

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotham goes underwater or the joker somehow kills Aquaman

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Devilmenworks

@force_echo: Ok, I see what you are saying.

No Caption Provided

@jashro44 said:

@thordinson: Thing is giving people a seizure doesn't really solve problems when your dealing with batmans rogues. No one is doubting aquaman beating them in a fight but it takes more than that to foil there plans. The reason Riddler, Ra's, Joker, etc. are a problem for batman is because of there resources and planning and batman has to counter there plans with his own resources and planning.

I am questioning Aquamans ability to do this. TP could potentially be a huge help but is it really enough? Regarding the scan of martian manhunter he didn't have as much trouble as I thought however we do have to keep in mind J'onn is a few tiers ahead of aquaman in TP. So the fact he did have any trouble makes me question aquamans ability to read jokers mind.

Force_echo also brought up a fair question about aquaman being able to read minds and stuff with his TP. I know J'onn called Aquaman to help him fight Despero but that was just more combat TP. Has aquaman shown the ability to read minds of regular humans?

Back in the golden age he could read minds and communicate telepathically. But as far as the extent of his powers today, I am not sure. You both may be right in that he can't read minds or communicate with non marine life as of today;but is more of a psionic fighter than a true telepath.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Well thats the thing though. If Aquaman can give normal men and White Martians a seizure via a telepathic attack, that would be enough to incapacitate them and take them into custody or even kill them. Arthur has much looser morals than Bruce does, not a mass murderer but hes willing to do whats necessary especially as a King of a nation. What my idea was, is similar to David's run where he assaults an entire ocean's worth of sea life in a telepathic aoe attack. He wouldn't have to read their minds at that point since they would all fall victim to his blast.

No Caption Provided

And to your second question, I can recall one instance in David's run or the JLA book before he died where he read someones mind, but most of his usual telepathy is used to command sea life to do his bidding or just offensively.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@jashro44 said:

@jameswayne said:

To be honest I'm not sure what issue this was stated. I remember @bat_girl_cc mentioned this before.

@devilmenworks said:

I think this is all fair. I do feel like Joker would probably plan around aquamans TP if he knew aquaman was in Gotham.

If memory serves, its from the Pre-52 continuity, the Red Robin series. Here's the scan:

No Caption Provided