Aquaman doing much better than Hulk movies?

hyperfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I do not understand how Aquamans movie became a very big hit at the box office when both Ang Lee's 2003 Hulk and 2008 MCU Incredible Hulk films did mediocre at the box office?.

What made Aquaman successful unlike Hulks solo films?.

hyperfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC Comics and Warner Bros had no problem making an Aquaman movie, but why does Marvel act like Hulk is a difficult character to handle for writing?.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just believe that Hulk is not a compelling solo hero, I think he's always been better off as a supporting character.

Hulk's main conflict (trying to keep the beast inside of him under his control) is just not the kind of main conflict that makes for a good movie. It's the kind of thing that makes for a great subplot, like in The Avengers, Thor: Ragnarok, or Avengers: Infinity War, but not the kind of thing that makes for a good main story.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Hulk can have interesting stories, I just think most are to heavy for the MCU and their style. Honestly as much shit as I give Snyder I think he could make a great hulk movie as long as someone is holding his hand and stopping him from going overboard.

A story that actually battles the duality of Bruce and the hulk, and actual Planet Hulk film, hell a movie about the two accepting each other would be great. I'd. Love any future hulk movie to take the emh approach and hulk has a Bruce banner as his Jim money cricket who only he can see and hear along with a hulk who comes off as genuinely smart enough to communicate but has issues.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk sucks, that’s why

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The animated movie Planet Hulk is the only good Hulk film. Too bad MCU butchered that storyline.

hyperfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hulk can have interesting stories, I just think most are to heavy for the MCU and their style. Honestly as much shit as I give Snyder I think he could make a great hulk movie as long as someone is holding his hand and stopping him from going overboard.

A story that actually battles the duality of Bruce and the hulk, and actual Planet Hulk film, hell a movie about the two accepting each other would be great. I'd. Love any future hulk movie to take the emh approach and hulk has a Bruce banner as his Jim money cricket who only he can see and hear along with a hulk who comes off as genuinely smart enough to communicate but has issues.

Damn, I really want to see a Zack Snyder Planet Hulk movie now. His biggest weakness as a director is that he has trouble just letting the characters breathe and letting the audience get to know them, but something that's focused more on the Hulk and small band of warrior following him, I think that could be easier for Zack to work with.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Part of the reason I think Aquaman is so successful is that it does feel like this big grand epic. You feel like you went on an adventure, like Indiana Jones or Lord of the Rings, which is a scale and feeling we don't typically get in a lot of superhero movies.

The Hulk movies were not that grand scale. The second one especially was pretty contained.

Think of it this way: love it or hate it, the Aquaman movie had Aquaman feel like a big character. The Hulk movies just made Hulk feel like a character. There was no grandness to him or his story.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Hulk works better in comic format then movie format. It’s a lot easier to get into his mind that way imo

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. I am pretty sure Universal gets the lion's share of the money from a Hulk solo film.

2. No one wants to sit through a movie waiting for Banner to turn into Hulk.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Different time superhero movies weren’t as popular and the hulk films weren’t the best

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Different times, one was in 2003 and the other was pretty much the 2nd MCU movie.

Should be interesting to see one actual Hulk solo nowdays.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Different time. MCU wasn't as big as it was back then and '03 Hulk was poorly received. If Hulk were to get a solo film today it's easily making 800 million plus. He's still the 5th most popular character in the MCU after Spider-Man, Cap, Iron Man, and Thor.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

For starters the last Hulk movie came out over a decade ago, long before a superhero movie made as much as today or was expected to be as good as today. I think the dark knight was the only movie as big back then. The budget was also considerably lower than aquamans.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

For starters the last Hulk movie came out over a decade ago, long before a superhero movie made as much as today or was expected to be as good as today. I think the dark knight was the only movie as big back then. The budget was also considerably lower than aquamans.

This.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about the 2003 Hulk movie but the 2008 version wasn't good. And it was before the current golden age of comic book movies.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#24  Edited By Supermanthor
Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531dce659a2
deactivated-5c531dce659a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk was a bad movie, and it came out before CBM's became big. Make a MCU Hulk movie and it'll smash AM.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a3e087afc2
deactivated-5c4a3e087afc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a much different market than it was in 2008