• 61 results
#1 Edited by Richubs (4163 posts) - - Show Bio

Basically Wan disliked the portrayal of Aquaman in JL and disliked the changes they made to the character compared to Zack Snyder's.

He bought Zack in for his movie despite WB not wanting him to and took his input on the character.

It does seem like people working on DCEU want to just forget JL

Source -

https://comicbook.com/dc/amp/2019/01/17/aquaman-zach-snyder-fixed-joss-whedon-justice-league/

#2 Edited by FaradaySloth (9168 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#3 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15813 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything I said was true 🤷🏾‍♂️

#4 Posted by StormShadow_X (16662 posts) - - Show Bio

Why wouldn't he lmao

#5 Posted by darkonast (769 posts) - - Show Bio

Well yes ... why wouldnt you forget Justice League? WB literally messed up EVERYTHING Lol , just like MCU is trying to erase AoU & Hulk from our memories lmao

#6 Posted by Morpheus_ (34427 posts) - - Show Bio

Snyder the miracle worker. If only he was given complete control over major characters! Say, Batman or Superman. He'd "fix" them, too.

#7 Posted by Kevd4wg (12699 posts) - - Show Bio

Snyder the miracle worker. If only he was given complete control over major characters! Say, Batman or Superman. He'd "fix" them, too.

#8 Posted by ANTHP2000 (26798 posts) - - Show Bio

Well yes ... why wouldnt you forget Justice League? WB literally messed up EVERYTHING Lol , just like MCU is trying to erase AoU & Hulk from our memories lmao

@kevd4wg said:
@morpheus_ said:

#9 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12536 posts) - - Show Bio

There was a difference?

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#10 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11097 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by SaintWildcard (21784 posts) - - Show Bio

@mazahs117: I know right? He was still a dude bro who was an outsider and made crass jokes (like the pee one)

#12 Posted by Magian (151459 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_: Truer words man. Truer words... :p

Don't think Snyder's Aquaman would have been that much different really. Maybe the "bro" thing would have been a bit toned down but that's it. That said, I would like to see Snyder's version of JL one day.

#13 Posted by Richubs (4163 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#14 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9033 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmfao what was the difference?

#15 Edited by entropy_aegis (20830 posts) - - Show Bio

Snyder fanboys at it again I see, ofcourse he should be given credit for Wonder Woman and Aquaman, ofcourse Nolan, Goyer, Tsujihara, Whedon and WB should be blamed for MOS, BvS and JL, hail Snyder.

Check out the link I'm posting here to get a good measure of what Snyder has actually accomplished.

Link

He's gone and good riddance to trash film making.

#16 Edited by Heatforce (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:Snyder fanboys at it again I see, ofcourse he should be given credit for Wonder Woman and Aquaman, ofcourse Nolan, Goyer, Tsujihara, Whedon and WB should be blamed for MOS, BvS and JL, hail Snyder.

Check out the link I'm posting here to get a good measure of what Snyder has actually accomplished.

Link

He's gone and good riddance to trash film making.

Snyder Haters denying that their hate is misplaced...again. Time to admit that everything wrong with JL may not have been Snyder's fault? Naah.

@saintwildcard said:@mazahs117: I know right? He was still a dude bro who was an outsider and made crass jokes (like the pee one)

He may have been a dude bro but he wasn't trying to sexualize Mera like he did with Diana. That's something I expect from Shazam or Wally West because they are kids.

#17 Posted by Heatforce (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkonast: why do you think the MCU is trying to erase Hulk and AoU? One thing I appreciated about CW was the Russos bringing back Ross. For awhile (admittedly) i thought the MCU was doing just that to Hulk but apparently not. The real question is what happened to Betty?

#18 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12536 posts) - - Show Bio

@mazahs117: I know right? He was still a dude bro who was an outsider and made crass jokes (like the pee one)

Pretty much. Maybe I watched a different movie, because he seemed like the same cat to me 🤷‍♂️

@saintwildcard said:@mazahs117: I know right? He was still a dude bro who was an outsider and made crass jokes (like the pee one)

He may have been a dude bro but he wasn't trying to sexualize Mera like he did with Diana. That's something I expect from Shazam or Wally West because they are kids.

When did Arthur sexualize Diana?

#19 Posted by adamTRMM (9144 posts) - - Show Bio

The salt in here is priceless :))

#20 Posted by Heatforce (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard said:

Pretty much. Maybe I watched a different movie, because he seemed like the same cat to me 🤷‍♂️

@heatforce said:

When did Arthur sexualize Diana?

The lasso of truth scene. It was actually good until he starts on Diana. Plus when did Atlantis go to war with the Amazons? They'd be slaughtered.

Loading Video...

#21 Edited by MAZAHS117 (12536 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: Oh. Because he said she was gorgeous? That went right over my head lol.

Maybe we’ll find out in a Aquaman sequel the war between Atlantis and Themysicra

#22 Posted by Beyonder97 (1039 posts) - - Show Bio

Why people can't just accept that Snyder was the one responsible for the failure of his movies

#23 Posted by Heatforce (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

@mazahs117: the Amazons would need such an amp imo. They at least need pegasus'. Where are the flying horses of death!?

#24 Posted by PrimelyGreat (581 posts) - - Show Bio

Why people can't just accept that Snyder was the one responsible for the failure of his movies

I keep saying this. The man is not a good film director at all.

#25 Posted by kgb725 (18728 posts) - - Show Bio

@beyonder97 said:

I keep saying this. The man is not a good film director at all.

Hes average. He hits as much as he misses

#26 Posted by phisigmatau (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkonast: why do you think the MCU is trying to erase Hulk and AoU? One thing I appreciated about CW was the Russos bringing back Ross. For awhile (admittedly) i thought the MCU was doing just that to Hulk but apparently not. The real question is what happened to Betty?

facts

true plus in AVengers they showed Norton Hulk too

#27 Posted by kgb725 (18728 posts) - - Show Bio

The only person who should be mad is Ray Fisher. Cyborg was going to be a lot stronger with more screentime and would've seen Darkseid on screen. Whedon fixed Superman and did give batman the save 1 stuff but their styles are too different

#28 Posted by Richubs (4163 posts) - - Show Bio

I should clarify that I'm just delivering the news.

I don't really think that Snyder is a very good director when it comes to storytelling.

I just thought its interesting how much Wan despised the changes made in JL. I'm guessing he couldn't jsut completely ignore JL and unleash his creative vision so if JL had never happened Aquaman's character would've been different too.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#29 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7312 posts) - - Show Bio

Snyder needs to disappear he almost killed DC

#30 Posted by Heatforce (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

Snyder needs to disappear he almost killed DC

No angry critics screaming not muh superman almost killed dc. Just compare BvS to Spider-Man home coming. Even coming off of a rotten MoS, BvS made $872 mill off of a $250 mill budget. Home coming made $880 mill off of a $175 budget. Yes Spiderman made more and cost $75 million less but still, it followed critical darling civil war AND it even featured Iron Man. Basically critics say BvS should have been in the billion dollar club so Snyder failed. Well, y not homecoming; is Iron Man not a billion dollar franchise himself like Batman?

#31 Posted by darkonast (769 posts) - - Show Bio

@beyonder97: ok ... lets use the facts , BvS had 3 different versions , the earlier version shown (the one fans generally liked) , Synders mandated edited version (nobody saw this one for some odd reason) & WB version ( the one released to the general public) , snyder isnt the best director by any means (is slight above michael bay tbh) , but you have use the pure facts ..... Warner Bros has a BAD history of consistently intervening in the movie making processs in the last 15-20 years. Reason why MCU is so successful? Disney allows the directors to follow their own vision with little to no involvement by establishing a “separate” studio just for Marvel. Even looking at Justice League & Suicide Squad... it was reported those movies were DRASTICALLY altered because WB wanted it “their way”. The 3 best movies in WoDC happen to be the only movies where he directors implemented their own plan , Aquaman , WW, & MOS , james wan even stated this was HIS vision , didnt even let WB intervene one bit

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#32 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7312 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: means nothing BVS had one of the biggest oprnings ever but fell flat the folliwing weekend because people didnt like it

#33 Edited by Heatforce (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelanddcfan24 said:

@heatforce: means nothing BVS had one of the biggest oprnings ever but fell flat the folliwing weekend because people didnt like it

Fair point and I'd argue that wouldn't have happened if the UE was relesed instead. Either way, BvS was chastised for a movie with Superman and Batman not making a billion. Spider-Man didn't accomplish that either with Iron Man in the movie and it is and was preceded by a critical darling, yet not a peep of it being a financial disappointment. Fans who get slighted by critics tend to notice this kinda stuff ala Star Wars.

#34 Edited by Beyonder97 (1039 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkonast: With Justice League and Suicide squad Warners ,were just being reactionary , i don't know what the original Suicide squad cut looked like but i can tell after the failure of BVS they weren't confident in Zack Snyder anymore and since everything was already planned for Justice League they knew that the movie was doomed to fail whether they stick to Snyder's vision or not they were just trying to limit the damages. Bunch of DC fans keep crying about the Snyder imo i don't it would have been any better than the one we got, the truth is they should have got rid of him after MOS,because the general audience aren't interested in Zack Snyder characterization of Superhero, the box office of BVS proved it

#35 Posted by darkonast (769 posts) - - Show Bio

@beyonder97: but how do we know? B/c the 2 films Synder put his own input in without studio interference, we got Watchmen (one of the best superhero movies of this decade) & MOS , then we get a BvS .... WB forced him to create DCEU without proper planning , & even then the Ultimate Cut of BvS was a solid 7.5-8/10.... the theatrical cut was a 5/10. Suicide Squad... WB forced Ayer to literally removie almost an hour worth of scenes that were in the trailer and reshoot most of the film to turn into “GOTG 2.0”, worst idea ever. An Justice League.... cmon everyone knows that not Synders fault , we were supposed to get a long film as well as Iris West in the movie along with Resurrected Black suit bearded Superman , whedon shit the bed and got fired for it. One good thing came out of JL and Suicide Squad failing.... WB finally agreed to establish a separate studio for WoDC & literally put people in charge who know what their doing. Im gonna be honest, im not a big fan of Snyder but the blame he gets is heavily unwarranted and completely uneccessary

#36 Posted by Beyonder97 (1039 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkonast: Warner Bros didn't force hime to create the DCEU more likely they trusted him with it because the original plan for the DCEU was MOS BVS SS WW JL FLASH GL and Cyborg that was the original plan how could they forced him create the DCEU when they were the one giving him big bucks to make those movies it's not like they couldn't find another director. The thing is Snyder failed, i get it you liked BVS but that doesn't mean it's a good movie, the UC was just covering some plot holes it didn't add anything to the characters, you right about SS that's why i told you that Warner were being reactionary after the critical reception of BVS. With JL they were just trying to control the damages, that's why they hired Whedon, people seems to blame everything on him , poor guy was just trying to do his job he had limited time and resources and all those changes they did to the original script ended up messing the movie. I'm not saying everything is Snyder's fault but he played a huge part of it ,after JL they painted Whedon as the bad guy like everything was his fault, meanwhile dude was just trying to do his job and fans made the so called Snyder cut sounds like the holy grail

#37 Posted by darkonast (769 posts) - - Show Bio

@beyonder97: joss whedon was never painted as a bad guy..... literally failed at his only job , he got fired due to the fact , he was given material to follow & completely changed up the 2nd half of the film , sorry but if everyone knew we were gettin resurrected beard superman with the signature black solar uniform.... why would you remove it from the film completely? Then he completely shortened the movie , no way Aquaman should be a longer film than Justice League ... we were also supposed to get a glimpse of Darkseid .... why erase that? Joss whedon failed miserably at his job and deserves ALOT of hate , Justice League was bad ... but I dont think snyders version would be as bad as this one

#38 Posted by SaintWildcard (21784 posts) - - Show Bio

The lasso of truth scene. It was actually good until he starts on Diana. Plus when did Atlantis go to war with the Amazons? They'd be slaughtered.

Loading Video...

The lasso forced him to say it. It doesn't sound like something he'd just blurt out. All guys have sexy thoughts in their heads about women, it's only natural. So yeah, this scene proves nothing

#39 Posted by TDK_1997 (18670 posts) - - Show Bio

People were ranting, complaining and bashing Snyder a lot for what he did in MoS and BvS, but they are finally starting to realize that he had a good vision for the future of the DC movies. Warner Bros. are the ones to blame for such atrocities as Justice League and Suicide Squad and the cringy moments in BvS. If they had allowed Snyder full freedom over the characters, I doubt he would have constructed something as bad.

The only real reason to blame Snyder for something is his fetish with comic book shots - scenes which look like they have been taken from a comic book sript. Which, on its own, is not that bad, but it just works as a too static scene in which the characters is basically doing nothing rather than serving as a certain type of symbol.

#40 Posted by Heatforce (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: but in articles about this rumor they specifically refrence this scene. Doesn't matter if that's what the lasso could do, it lead to a cringey scene obviously inserted by Joss.

#41 Edited by Arc_Conductor (244 posts) - - Show Bio

So what Momoa was saying that the movie takes place directly after the end of the Snyder Cut was true?

On a similar note, I can imagine Patty Jenkins being pissed off at how Wondy was portrayed in JL too

#42 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36711 posts) - - Show Bio

So WB gets the blame not Synder for Synder’s movies. But Synder gets credit for movies he didn’t direct? GTFO....

#43 Posted by Arc_Conductor (244 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by TheHercules (742 posts) - - Show Bio

So WB gets the blame not Synder for Synder’s movies. But Synder gets credit for movies he didn’t direct? GTFO....

Snyder Force

#46 Edited by SaintWildcard (21784 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce said:

@saintwildcard: but in articles about this rumor they specifically refrence this scene. Doesn't matter if that's what the lasso could do, it lead to a cringey scene obviously inserted by Joss.

A) Context always matters. Because when talking to Mera, he treated her the same way he treated her when she came back to talk to him. lets say the rumor is true, well the he's full of shit and stupid, cus with context he really didn't change anything

B) He gave us the "pee on it" and a "selfie with tough guys" joke. Stones in glass houses and all that

#47 Posted by Heatforce (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: i don't understand. Are you saying the rumor is a lie or are you defending Whedon over Wan?

#48 Edited by Heatforce (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

@mickey-mouse: what are the most successful dceu films? The solos. Team films were molested by WB executives: cutting 30 minutes from bvs assuming more showings would equal more money, suicide squad was supposed to be much different and of course there's justice League. Why Snyder has to be the pariah is ridiculous. I even admit that Joss Whedon's reshoots wouldn't have been so bad if WB pushed the release date back. Three directors essentially got thrown under the bus by wb: Snyder, Ayer and Whedon.

#49 Posted by SaintWildcard (21784 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: i don't understand. Are you saying the rumor is a lie or are you defending Whedon over Wan?

if the rumor is true, it's total BS since nothing really changed. If Wan believes he changed anything, he's a dumb person. A more clear indication of change was how Superman was portrayed in BvS and how much he changed JL.

#50 Posted by Heatforce (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: i see your point but I wouldn't call Wan dumb. It's not like he was the one who leaked this rumor.