AOTC Yoda v Dooku Duel Harmony of Sources

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By redheathen

People argue over which source says what about the duel between Master Yoda and Count Dooku in Attack of the Clones. I collected quotes from various sources and have provided them in a Google Doc. Because I like the way that I have the text laid on in the doc, which is side by side by scene for easy comparison, and because it is difficult, nigh impossible, to recreate any semblance of similar reading ease in a post here on CV, you can click on this link to access the document.

Note that many Legends and Canon sources in general have various information about who is stronger than whom; who is more skillful than whom; who is equal or on par with whom, etc. It is difficult to scale these characters because of these differences. There is also the issue presented by mixing of old canon pillars (George Pillar, which was G and T canon, and the Lucas Licensing Pillar, which was the EU). However, people these days seem to prefer a mishmash of all old canon, which is fine-no problem, but I think that in order to avoid the contradictions found in regards to the many varied statements and feats found for these characters in sources other than the ones that are directly about the AOTC duel, I have ignored them. In other words, I've only used officially published sources that are directly about AOTC or speak directly about the AOTC duel.

My intention here is to provide a harmony of sources that will help provide a cohesiveness of excerpts of the duel from these AOTC specific sources. Hopefully, this will make arguing the duel a little easier for everyone.

If you would like an example of what a harmony is or to better understand what a harmony of text is or how helpful one can be, then the best I can think of are the Biblical and Gospel harmonies, especially the latter. The links are to Wiki pages that provide a brief definition. No long reading required! Here and here are examples of a harmony of the Gospels so you can better visualize the concept.

Please note that I did not use all available AOTC sources, no dictionaries or encyclopedias. I used only the official SW website, novels, movies, movie script, and Lucas interviews. In a separate document, I did include a script draft, but I didn't in the charts. I might later add the previous script if there is room because it does add context.

Please let me know if this is helpful.

LevTarkovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent work, It would be more than helpful in the future.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent work, It would be more than helpful in the future.

Thank you. I'm glad you think so, and I hope it is helpful. =)

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 killbilly  Moderator

Amazing thread for reference. Fantastic work.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing thread for reference. Fantastic work.

Many thanks for the high compliment.

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

absolutely insane work mate. Good job!

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers