Agents of SHIELD S4 VS The Punisher S1: Which one was the better creation of Marvel TV this year?

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By The_Justiciar

Poll Agents of SHIELD S4 VS The Punisher S1: Which one was the better creation of Marvel TV this year? (29 votes)

Agents of SHIELD Season 4 59%
The Punisher Season 1 41%
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
 • 
The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By The_Justiciar

IMO AoS Season 4 beats The Punisher decisively.

Better developed characters, more intricate storylines, more complexity in the themes it presented.

TBH Daisy and Ward (in this case, Framework Ward) by themselves outdo all of Netflix Marvel's characters in complexity and depth.

The Punisher was not bad at all. But the plot was a bit too contrived, and the characterization came off as edgy for the sake of trying to be edgy.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Aos is garbage

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AngelJax

AoS, honestly not even fair.

Punisher was mad boring.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f
deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punisher is Marvels best small screen addition.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Justiciar

@angeljax: Which show do you think has the more complex characters? Frank is a well written protagonist.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AngelJax

@the_magister: Daisy's character progession blows any of the Punisher character's out of the water. She's one of the most well-developed characters in the MCU, imo.

AoS peeps have 22 episodes worth of complex development.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:

Punisher was mad boring.

I completely agree.

Punisher was so slow, there really wasn't much action, the plot was subpar, and I was never particularly impressed by any of the characters/dialogue at any point. Berthnal is still a good Punisher, but that's really all I felt the show had going for it. I feel like the show's very overrated, largely riding the coattails of a much better Punisher showing from Daredevil S2. If I wasn't a comic book fan, I can definitely say I would've stopped watching about three episodes in.

Agents of Shield on the other hand is very underrated, and I'm consistently impressed by how effective the character development is and how streamlined the plot is. Whereas Netflix MCU consistently suffers from being very slow, AoS' recent pod format means there's very constant development. They know exactly what they wanna do with the characters, and it works. One of the biggest strengths of the show is character relationships, and those interactions, I didn't feel like Punisher had one consistently solid dynamic between characters.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:

Punisher was mad boring.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mike_Fowler

Gonna say AoS

Love Punisher, but felt AoS had more heartfelt moments (Holden’s death being one of them)

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AoS by a mile. Solely because I didn't try to sit through it three times and failed.

But seriously, AoS S4 was pretty good. Not as good as say, S2, but still pretty solid. The only Netflix season I'd put above AoS would be JJ and DD S1.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: You liked S2 better???

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely. Calvin storyline is one of my favorite from the show to date.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@the_magister said:

That guy was a riot, so funny lol. I remember him doing a little dance when Raina told him Skye had undergone Terrigenesis.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus, Agents of Shield is still going?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@the_magister said:

That guy was a riot, so funny lol. I remember him doing a little dance when Raina told him Skye had undergone Terrigenesis.

I felt for him a lot. I am extremely glad that he got a happy ending. Even though it was away from Daisy.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Punisher easily

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sorry to say this but punisher stomps

people only complain about punisher because they jump on the critics bandwagon hate

it really is a great show better tied with daredevil

SPOILERS

for one they took a boring comic book character jigsaw (he was literally a street thug) and made him into an interesting character

two people I know for a fact people havent even watched punisher because i know theyre lying when they said its boring because the first episode kickstarts

three the best connection between frank and micro, it was like matt and foggy, jessica and trish, cap and bucky

agents of shield has improved but we should be comparing their first seasons in this case punisher stomps

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Punisher is the better show. There was no filler, each character was consistent and well developed, it hit all of its themes perfectly, and Bernthal gave the best performance out of anyone in the two shows. People will get bored because of a lack of action but that's on them.

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stoneyalex:

two people I know for a fact people havent even watched punisher because i know theyre lying when they said its boring because the first episode kickstarts

Yeah, because anyone who disagrees with your opinion on the show just must be lying, right? That's totally how subjective forms of media work.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestormfate1919: First of all dont ever dont reword what i said ive asked people why havent they seen the show and they said because metacritic gave it a low score. putting other words in peoples mouths will only make you look like the fool

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stoneyalex: Ah ok, my bad. The way you phrased that particular statement kinda fused what I’m assuming were two separate ideas, but I get what you’re saying now.

I completely agree that people should try to form their opinions on a show outside of a critics review, but it sounded kinda like you were saying people who think the show is boring are lying about watching it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestormfate1919: no i wouldnt if its one thing i cant stand is when people say something is bad but havent even watched it for themself

not even joking one guy literally said all marvel shows are bad but hasnt seen one episode of it just because critics dont rate it high like the dark knight

js_the_beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: AoS hasn't had filler episodes in a long time. The character development and interactions in the show are great too.

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

AoS definitely. It's been consistently good since The Winter Soldier reveal and Season 4 was my favorite so far. Punisher started strong and ended strong but the middle could have used some trimming.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agents of Shield EASILY!

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers