Anyone rooting for DCEU should be happy with the criticism

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for general_disarray
General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

I want DCEU to do well, I really like MoS. I think BvS is ok, I was disappointed with it but it had some good scenes. I think WW is overrated but it's watchable. And IMO JL and SS are failures. Saying that, it's obvious money talks in the movie industry, so bad feedback and underachieving box office will surely make WB get their act together and try harder.

I'm not a Snyder hater, Watchmen and 300 are up there with my top CBMs. I love his cinematography and mature themes, they're a nice alternative to the MCU, maybe studio pressure and bad script is why BvS could've been better.

It's funny to me how people seem to get tribal and pick a 'team', like being into the MCU means you have to hate on the DCEU. The old 'I own a PS4 therefore XBOX is no good' mentality.

Anyone else feel the same?

I'm looking forward to Aquaman but I'm prepared to be let down this time.

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RichardCranium

I am a fan of most of the live action Transformers film series yet I acknowledge its films are critically bad and had no issues with the any professional critics or person on the street ravaging it apart. I only expect people to give them its due respect - it made money.

Why can't DCEU fans do the same for their beloved franchise? I am a DCEU fan BTW

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for general_disarray
General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@richardcranium: I don't think it's DCEU fans that are criticising it, they are the few defending it, even if they don't truly believe that it's the best it could be, they probably just don't want it to discontinue, which is my point. If you're a fan of DCEU then negative feedback will surely only lead to improvement, hopefully. Money talks.

The DK trilogy is up there for me but he went the hyper real, relatable route. I prefer a more true to comic book version, but if they combined the Nolan style of a gritty, less fast passed drama but with the visuals and lore of Snyder's vision then I think they'd be spot on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b009909a9b19
deactivated-5b009909a9b19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're not happy with the criticism though, they believe the films are masterpieces and anyone who disagrees just isn't intelligent enough to see it the same way they do. There's no gray area.

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RL4

Lockbait

But OT:

The general consensus is that DC had to make compromises rushing out movies to try and keep pace with Marvel, who had gotten a multi-film head start.

Pushing out the films quickly led to inevitable issues, and coupled with studio interference, and a starting point of Man of Steel, which underperformed as a DCEU launchpoint, meant that some projects were doomed to fail.

It’s not without its successes. Wonder Woman is commonly hailed as a landmark achievement in the genre of CBMs by beating marvel to the first Live-action CBM starring a female lead, and it doesn’t hurt that the film is pretty good too.

Moving forward is tricky though. Ten years ago, the notion that a big budget movie with Batman AND Superman could flop was insane. And with the stumbles of BvS, Suicide Squad, and the mediocrity of Justice Leage, audiences have lost a lot of good will they previously lended to the studio.

I hope Aquaman turns out well. If DC had released these movies 10 years ago, they might be the top dog in the industry.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of the "criticism" of the DCEU on this website isn't criticism. It's petty fan hate that never stops and turns every thread that even mentions the DCEU toxic.

"DCEU is trash and DCEU fans are pathetic" is not criticism, but it's extremely common in every thread discussing the franchise.

LawCol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I root for any live-action comic adaptation and watch pretty much all of them (English and non-English when able). However with DCEU it got to the point of too many disappointments. The only DCEU movie that didn't disappoint was WW, and part of that was because of my lowered expectations. When the only time I'm not disappointed in a franchise is because I already had low expectations, then it tells me that the franchise is no longer worth watching in cinema.

I mean... BvS and Suicide Squad should have overloaded my pleasure centers considering how much I love those characters. But instead they got me to re-read my old comics to try and rehabilitate my faith in DC. So as a fan of DC (and comics in general), when I make a criticism, it's not to bash DC or the characters. Rather, it's because I can see what should be an awesome franchise falling into the mire. I think a lot of DCEU critics are in the same boat. Realizing that the creative team (that made Suicide Squad PG and giving Superman a guest role in BvS) needs to change direction before DCEU flops.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gokluma

Real criticism is something like telling about movie's weaknesses and strengths but not saying oh DCEU fans are stupid,Pitty insults and kept on saying the company should go bankrupt & brought by Disney.

I missed when reviews are unbiased and has some maturity like Siskel & Ebert

Loading Video...

instead of random clickbaits about Black Panther outsells Titanic or something nonsense made by rotten tomatoes

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whizzer said:

They're not happy with the criticism though, they believe the films are masterpieces and anyone who disagrees just isn't intelligent enough to see it the same way they do. There's no gray area.

They are a minority. Most DCEU fans will aknowledge the weaknesses and failures in the franchise. They are fans because they are DC fans in general and want to see their favorite characters in the big screen (i'm one of them).

Most of the "criticism" of the DCEU on this website isn't criticism. It's petty fan hate that never stops and turns every thread that even mentions the DCEU toxic.

"DCEU is trash and DCEU fans are pathetic" is not criticism, but it's extremely common in every thread discussing the franchise.

Yes, and this leads to locks and bans.

Basically, there is never an objective thread discussing the DCEU. There's always that first commenter saying "lel bruh DCEU is trash" and everyone else quoting that.

I want DCEU to do well, I really like MoS. I think BvS is ok, I was disappointed with it but it had some good scenes. I think WW is overrated but it's watchable. And IMO JL and SS are failures. Saying that, it's obvious money talks in the movie industry, so bad feedback and underachieving box office will surely make WB get their act together and try harder.

I'm not a Snyder hater, Watchmen and 300 are up there with my top CBMs. I love his cinematography and mature themes, they're a nice alternative to the MCU, maybe studio pressure and bad script is why BvS could've been better.

It's funny to me how people seem to get tribal and pick a 'team', like being into the MCU means you have to hate on the DCEU. The old 'I own a PS4 therefore XBOX is no good' mentality.

Anyone else feel the same?

I'm looking forward to Aquaman but I'm prepared to be let down this time.

This mentality is innevitable on the internet. People actively seek for approval every day, in everything they do, most people don't like being cast away and ignored. This is why trends exist, even if they are riddiculous. In 20 years, the current generation will look back and feel bad for ever following such stupid trends like dabbing and whatnot.