• 54 results
#1 Posted by skywalker95 (4975 posts) - - Show Bio

That Hulk didn't get a rematch with Thanos? Even if he had lost, it would've been interesting to see how he would've fared with his new merged Banner intellect.

#2 Posted by KingLouie (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes but not for that exact reason.

I'm also mad ebony Maw didn't do anything. With his powers he could of Bfr/killed some heroes. Securing Thanos a win.

(I was rooting for Thanos)

#3 Posted by BalancedTruth (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

@kinglouie: great

Another edge lord rooting for the genocidal maniac. Probably voted for Trump too.

#4 Posted by IAmTheLaw (856 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm also mad ebony Maw didn't do anything. With his powers he could of Bfr/killed some heroes. Securing Thanos a win.

This. I actually had that conversation with a buddy today. I loved the movie but I needed more from Hulk and Ebony Maw. Those two characters specifically.

#5 Posted by KingLouie (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

@balancedtruth: Just sick of the heroes winning all the time.

Change is good

#6 Posted by BalancedTruth (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

@kinglouie: ah. So they should lose twice

That would be a twist. Might have made the movie watchable

#7 Posted by JefferydeDucke (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@balancedtruth: yea I wish they had a great relatable villain like Stephen wolf

#8 Posted by agent41 (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

The feeling that i get is that a lot of people hyped this film a lot, because it is the end of an era in the comic book movie genre. But outside of being the closure of 11 years of Marvel movies. The film itself is simply a good film. A good way to end the 11 years of building. But nothing groundbreaking in terms of acting, script, visuals or in terms of action. When you hype something so much. When you expect it to be a huge event that will change hollywood, is much easier to feel disappointed. Instead, we should just appreciate it for what it is. A good film that gets the job done.

#9 Posted by StormShadow_X (16782 posts) - - Show Bio

@balancedtruth: Just sick of the heroes winning all the time.

Change is good

I mean...If they don't win. There nothing else really isn't their? Change is good but not a pointless change

#10 Edited by JefferydeDucke (492 posts) - - Show Bio

CGI in the justice league was ahead of its time and better than endgame amirite balancedtruth

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#11 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11688 posts) - - Show Bio

@kinglouie: great

Another edge lord rooting for the genocidal maniac. Probably voted for Trump too.

wat?????

#12 Posted by kgb725 (19537 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish strange wouldve healed his arm or he did his Ragnarok dive into Thanos troops

#13 Posted by MonsterStomp (36958 posts) - - Show Bio

There were certainly parts I was disappointed with.

Captain Marvel - She felt out of place for me. Keep in mind I have yet to see her solo, however she feels like the odd one out with the way she's always coming and going like a stray cat as she pleases.

Professor Hulk - I agree, his arc was kind of unexplained and he really didn't redeem himself from his loss to Thanos in IW.

Thor - Felt it was a wasted opportunity to surmise his arc also. He just kind of killed Thanos and what? He retires? Okay then.

That feminist pushed scene in the final act was cheesy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc4b6c202c76
#14 Posted by deactivated-5cc4b6c202c76 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Duh it was unbelievable how Hulk did nothing. But atleast he had the most personality *shrug*

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#15 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (17819 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really.

If it doesn't serve the story, no point in including it purely for fan-service. Hulk's arc in the film isn't even about that, so it doesn't feel like a must to me, although I certainly wouldn't have complained if it did happen.

#16 Posted by LuminousHydra (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@jefferydeducke: endgame had some pretty bad cgi moments. But tbh justice league cgi isnt that bad. Wolf looks likely better than endgame thanos, maybe a little worse than infinity war thanos. Marvel really dropped the ball on this one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc4b6c202c76
#17 Posted by deactivated-5cc4b6c202c76 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingspidey: Spider-Man served no point in the story besides being a victim to fight for but had he not been given any combat feats you would be complaining 100%

Btw you sound ignorant af saying a hero fighting Thanos would serve no point in the story lmaooo umm to try and stop him like everyone else even something brief like what Captain Marvel did holding Thanos off would've sufficed. Shush Hulk hater 😂

#18 Posted by WhyZoSerious (1821 posts) - - Show Bio

No. I can't stand how the fanboys hate on a great movie only because their favourite character didn't get any good feats. If it's all about feats, you should have picked some dc heroe and become dceu fanboy. Thor and Hulk were both funny, I enjoyed them a lot and they did fit perfectly.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#19 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (17819 posts) - - Show Bio

@gman13 said:

@theamazingspidey: Spider-Man served no point in the story besides being a victim to fight for but had he not been given any combat feats you would be complaining 100%

Btw you sound ignorant af saying a hero fighting Thanos would serve no point in the story lmaooo umm to try and stop him like everyone else even something brief like what Captain Marvel did holding Thanos off would've sufficed. Shush Hulk hater 😂

I literally could not give less of a shit about feats, regardless of which character it is. I'm very vocal about my lack of care for battle forums and feats and I literally expressed this on a thread a couple of minutes ago.

#20 Posted by TheGodblast (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Disappointed would be a big word. Sure, I would have liked endgame way more if Hulk would had some big smashing scenes or a showdown with Thanks with whatever outcome, but even without that, I liked the Hulk's parr in endgame overall.

What matters to me in case of characters such as Hulk/Thor/Strange/Superman is having an actual character arc, perfect balance of humour-seriousness-emotions at suitable moments, no misplaced jokes, and most important, not being used as a punching bag or measuring stick throughout the film or as a comic relief.

Hulk had his moments. The Hulk-Scott conversation was a perfect example of how Banner would react when in full control of Hulk. The guy was always trying to suppress and/or control the transformation. He got that in EG. He now needs not worry about Hulk and his consequences in any way, that's why he was pretty chill in whole movie. Also, the reason why he was cool about Hill being beat by Thanos, was due to the fact that it was now Banner who was in control, rather than Hulk or both of them struggling over control. Banner doesn't like fighting, but prefers being doing his things without constant overwatch and trouble.

He also had the best moments. The gauntlet wielding and the snap, the way it was done, showed how strong Hull actually is, and his mindset and willpower that even under extreme pain, he was still going on without pulling himself back. This moment shits over any Thor moment Thor had in the movie. Then, again, lifting the part of Avengers HQ while buried under the debris, under extreme strain, with only one arm usable, and not giving up. Another moment which stands out among others.

So yeah, he didn't had any epic smash moments, but at least he showed a personality, throughout the film which wasn't reduced to be complete comedy and joke. He showed a strong personality in EG, and didn't had any share of PIS or low moments IMO.

#21 Edited by HDoom16 (212 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, hulk had a very major role in the movie and was honestly one of my favorite parts. His personality was great and his scenes were the movies high points. Would I have liked to have seen more “hulk smash” and a fight against thanos for redemption? Sure, but Tbh If you’re looking for feats than honestly him using the gauntlet and then still being able to fight and hold up the avengers HQ with one arm is one of the best in universe feats so far imo. Thanos himself could barely walk after he used them, and he nearly died. Also, ruffalo also said he filmed multiple endings for the movie, so it’s possible in deleted scenes when the movie releases we’ll see a lot more Hulk, and maybe even a Hulk Vs. Thanos redemption.

Also ,he’s still alive, so hopefully we’ll see him in future movies, and i bet his popularity will soar after endgame, and maybe we’ll even get a solo hulk film because of it.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#22 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9106 posts) - - Show Bio

The butthurt in some people is off the charts.

#23 Posted by Darkthunder (3094 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk gauntlet scene was epic. But yeah I thought he would be redeemed

#24 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6874 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea he didn't get one fight scene it was annoying how can you have two Avengers films and Hulk doesn't smash anything in either of him And it's not just about feats it's about that being who Hulk is Hulk smashes yet did nothing in two films. Thor and Hulk were the only things holding this film back for me

#25 Posted by GeraltsOpinion (424 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk saved the universe literally. I'll take that over seeing him lose to thanos again.

#26 Posted by Rustlingjimmy (1183 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk saved the universe literally. I'll take that over seeing him lose to thanos again.

we wuntz muh feats fur battle! lol

#27 Posted by Richubs (5637 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a funny thread with Edge Lords and whatnot.

#28 Posted by Richubs (5637 posts) - - Show Bio

@geraltsopinion:

True. But it's always amazing to see characters like Hulk showing power which they are know for.

However they didn't show that and its something people missed.

#29 Posted by incursion2 (2242 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted Hulk to have a moment in the movie like bringing down a leviathan again or something, but the fact that he used the gauntlet was impressive.

#30 Posted by nn5 (209 posts) - - Show Bio

He shouldn't have rematch with Thanos because it would make Thanos not look like a threat anymore if he can't put down Hulk.

Hulk should get another great feats tough. At least repeating his Leviathan feat or easily beating Cull or even Cull & Maw.

#31 Posted by JefferydeDucke (492 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by mrmonster (15902 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. One of my few disappointments with Endgame (which I loved, for the record) was that Hulk didn't really have any memorable moment. Even in the final battle, he didn't really do anything.

Avatar image for swordofdamocles
#33 Edited by SwordofDamocles (327 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes and no.

I would have liked to watch him fighting Thanos (Thor and Hulk vs Thanos)

But I think this Bane-Hulk was obviously weaker? No fighting spirit, no rage and I do not renember Bane showing hand to hand skils.

#34 Posted by Magian (152012 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't mind that really. I liked that we got to see a different Hull than the one we usually see.

#35 Posted by theacidskull (22025 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk and Thor especially were serious letdowns. Such perfect setups completely wasted...

#36 Posted by MangoNation (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really, while it would have been fun to see, it made sense that Hulk never really got a grand fight scene. Similar to how it sucked that Widow had to die so early, it couldn't be helped because the logical flow of the story demanded it happen.

To both assemble and use the gauntlet so that the act 3 fight could occur, two avengers had to go down early, there was quite literally no way around that without cheapening the consequences of assembling and using the gauntlet.

#37 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe.

#38 Edited by Devilmenworks (815 posts) - - Show Bio

I was disappointed that Hulk didn't fight a single person in the fil. He was crucial to the plot and helped the heroes, gathered a Infinity Stone, etc. But sadly he was reduced to just being Banner controlling Hulk. I would have liked to see Prof Hulk become enraged and have a moment to engage in combat with Thanos, or Cull Obsidian.

Especially since Thanos tried to kill all of them prior (destroying the compound) prior to them even fighting.

#39 Posted by SleepingSlaves (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

Literally nothing in that movie disappointed me. I just watched it for the first time last night, so I might still be giddy about it, but I'm pretty sure my opinion won't change.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#40 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

Ppl need to stop nitpicking, this movie is mind blowing it wasn’t meant to be an exact replica of a comic story. Read a comic if that’s what you want

#41 Edited by dirtytree332 (725 posts) - - Show Bio

Enjoyed the film a lot, didn't like Captain Marvel's role, how Thor and (to a lesser degree) Hulk were treated, among other things, but thought it was a fantastic film, worth the £10 spent.

#42 Posted by Psy4 (325 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if one doesn't watch a movie looking for new battleforum ammunition they can enjoy character arcs, development and contributions so much more. If you're only ever looking for more wank material you will always be disappointed.

#43 Posted by Sushmita (107 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a good movie but nothing mind blowing

#44 Posted by Sushmita (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone tell thanos form 2014 travelled to 2023 and never returned back so does it mean that he will never get those stones in 2018 as now he doesn't exist.

#45 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12845 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I am. This is one of the things I didn’t like about the film. I could care less about feats and what-have-you, but I was hoping Hulk would have gotten somekind of redemption in another encounter with Thanos....I mean ANY kind of redemption. For the life of me I don’t understand Hulks treatment by the Russo’s.

#46 Posted by Batvibe12 (5762 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#47 Posted by PenguinDust (9334 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk saved everybody and lived to tell about it. I can't fathom how that appears to count for nothing. As a life long Hulk fan I am quite satisfied with his role in the movie.

#48 Posted by AlexTheBoss (18428 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean technically his new goal in endgame is arguably the right choice. Painlessly getting rid of the current universe (everyone would have died eventually anyways) and creating a new one without pain and suffering where every creature can live in peace. The perfect solution would be to make the current universe perfect, or maybe just create a second perfect universe and leave the original one alone, but if neither of those are possible, starting over from scratch is arguably the most humane thing he could do.

#49 Posted by adamTRMM (9332 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk vs. Thanos is one of the biggest missteps of the flick.

#50 Posted by Gokluma (8985 posts) - - Show Bio

I hear Thor was fat in this film.