• 52 results
#1 Edited by AngryHulks (3552 posts) - - Show Bio

As of now, we only have recorded-with-a-potato footages on Youtube.

But anyway, how fast did DCEU Barry run?

It has been years since I took any math or physics class, so I'm not feel up to making a calculation myself.

But I took notes of the references, I noticed the speed of Wonder Woman when she is falling in slow motion (during the scene where Superman turned his attention toward Barry) as well as the moment Mother Box is falling (freefalling), could that be of any help?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for iamsilversurfer
#2 Edited by IamSilverSurfer (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana was freefalling. In the time she moved a few inches, he moved around 10-20 m.

So, assuming diana moved 3 inches = 7.6 cm

He moved at a speed of 289 - 578 km/hr.

But again, remember that this was nowhere near his top speed. He did it effortlessly.

#3 Edited by LDM (2965 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on his suit, anywhere between Mach 10 to 25, which means neither he nor Superman are even close to half a fraction as fast as Fox Quicksilver

#4 Posted by IamSilverSurfer (180 posts) - - Show Bio

@ldm said:

Based on his suit, anywhere between Mach 10 to 25

When did he move that fast?

#5 Edited by AngryHulks (3552 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamsilversurfer:

But didn't Barry and Clark both moved at near-normal speed when everything else around them is in slow motion? I mean, when taking perception speed into the account.

#6 Edited by IamSilverSurfer (180 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks said:

@iamsilversurfer:

But didn't Barry and Clark both moved at near-normal speed when everything else around them is in slow motion? I mean, when taking perception speed into the account.

Yes, they did. Actually Barry did. Clark was still in slightly slow motion even though he was moving.

But that will be incredibly hard to calculate since we don't know how fast Superman tossed them.

I guess we can scale him to clark, who could blitz wonder woman before she clanged her bracelets, therefore moving atleast mach 4. So, Barry's combat speed should be atleast mach 5 by scaling.

#7 Edited by LDM (2965 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamsilversurfer: He didn’t. But his suit was stated to be made of some material to withstand that kind of speed so I guess that maybe his max speed

#8 Posted by IamSilverSurfer (180 posts) - - Show Bio

@ldm said:

@iamsilversurfer: He didn’t. But his suit was stated to be made of some material to withstand that kind of speed so I guess that maybe his max speed

When was that?

Also, his top speed being in that range makes sense.

#9 Posted by LDM (2965 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Sergeant-RL3 (2060 posts) - - Show Bio

He didn't have much to quantify, and it's too bad the trailer scene of him poking glass to make it warp was cut, because *That* is damn fast. From what he did.........it's hard to say, somewhere between MCU Qs and CW Flash.

#11 Edited by Mrnoital (6889 posts) - - Show Bio

He didn't have much to quantify, and it's too bad the trailer scene of him poking glass to make it warp was cut, because *That* is damn fast. From what he did.........it's hard to say, somewhere between MCU Qs and CW Flash.

from what I read that was the beginning of a scene where he saves Iris West from the middle of a car crash

its a shame that scene was cut

#12 Posted by RBT (16528 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably somewhere between Mach 3-5 range.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#13 Posted by plotweapon16255 (1001 posts) - - Show Bio
@ldm said:

When was that?

Also, his top speed being in that range makes sense.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#14 Posted by webinyoureye11 (2657 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, WW blocked lightning after it was fired, saw bullets in slow motion, and tracked superman while he was blitzing DD from space. Yet she was frozen compared to flash and supes. Flash is easily faster than lightning, so lol at anyone thinking he's less than Mach 5

#15 Posted by AngryHulks (3552 posts) - - Show Bio

Just my thought, I think anything less than Mach 5 is extremely unlikely, as Wonder Woman blocked entire magazine of 5.56 rounds point-blank, each traveled at Mach 2.7, Flash's reaction time (and therefore, speed) should be several times of Diana's.

#16 Edited by lukehero (34463 posts) - - Show Bio

He has to be significantly faster than lighting and Wonder Woman.

#17 Edited by deltahuman (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if you don't assume his speed to be high hypersonic because of the lack of quantifiable feats, its evident from the movie that he actually can go that fast. His suit is made of the same material which constitutes heat resistant tiles in the Space shuttle heat shield. That was confirmed by Batman in the movie. The shuttle re entry speed is just a little shy of Mach 25.

#18 Edited by RBT (16528 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

Why would he need to be faster than lightening?

#19 Posted by lukehero (34463 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: WW reacted to lighting, yet she moved in slow mo to The Flash.

#20 Posted by Chris-Sama (3039 posts) - - Show Bio

Slower than fox quicksilver

#21 Posted by RBT (16528 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

She aim blocked lightening. Or Ares' lightening was just not as fast as actual lightening. Regardless, reflexes and movement speed are two different things. Diana appearing frozen from Flash's perspective has to do with her movement speed. And we have never seen her move faster than, say, a bullet. Or lightening. She is a casual bullet timer, yes, but you can be a bullet timer without moving faster than bullet.

#22 Posted by PrimelyGreat (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@ldm said:

Based on his suit, anywhere between Mach 10 to 25, which means neither he nor Superman are even close to half a fraction as fast as Fox Quicksilver

Slower than fox quicksilver

I don't know what Quicksilver has to do with this thread.

#23 Posted by Chris-Sama (3039 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#24 Edited by plotweapon16255 (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:
@lukehero said:

She aim blocked lightening. Or Ares' lightening was just not as fast as actual lightening. Regardless, reflexes and movement speed are two different things. Diana appearing frozen from Flash's perspective has to do with her movement speed. And we have never seen her move faster than, say, a bullet. Or lightening. She is a casual bullet timer, yes, but you can be a bullet timer without moving faster than bullet.

No Caption Provided

#25 Posted by lukehero (34463 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: I mean she's clearly not just not in a reaction speed. She can see the bullet move in slow mo...

#26 Posted by RBT (16528 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@rbt: I mean she's clearly not just not in a reaction speed. She can see the bullet move in slow mo...

I believe that's the basic requirement of being a bullet timer. Its not like she's moving very fast when the bullet is crawling.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#27 Posted by buttersdaman000 (20705 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:
@lukehero said:

I believe that's the basic requirement of being a bullet timer. Its not like she's moving very fast when the bullet is crawling.

No....bullet timing is when you "time" the bullet. You don't have to "time" something you see in slow motion. The slow motion scenes clearly implied Diana was moving faster than the bullets.

#28 Posted by RBT (16528 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:
@lukehero said:

No....bullet timing is when you "time" the bullet. You don't have to "time" something you see in slow motion. The slow motion scenes clearly implied Diana was moving faster than the bullets.

She literally moved a couple of inches while the bullet travelled several feet. How does that make her faster than bullet? And how come she has never shown movement speed on that level. Literally the only time we have seen her move inhumanly fast was when she ran at Doomsday. And every time Flash saw Diana frozen, she was either standing still or free falling, so that's barely impressive.

#29 Edited by buttersdaman000 (20705 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@rbt said:
@lukehero said:

She literally moved a couple of inches while the bullet travelled several feet. How does that make her faster than bullet? And how come she has never shown movement speed on that level. Literally the only time we have seen her move inhumanly fast was when she ran at Doomsday. And every time Flash saw Diana frozen, she was either standing still or free falling, so that's barely impressive.

The whole bank scene showed her moving at impressive speed. You do realize a bullet is about a fraction of the size of a human, right? You're not going to get the same impression of speed for two objects that have that much a size differential.

#30 Posted by AngryHulks (3552 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@rbt said:
@lukehero said:

Loading Video...

At around 1:39 or so, that seems to be faster than what Faora shows. It's better feat of her speed than when she fought Doomsday, I think.

#31 Posted by RBT (16528 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: She was moving faster than normal humans, sure, but I don't think we have ever seen her break sound barrier. Regardless, like I said, Barry only saw her frozen when she was either standing still or free falling, so i don't see how that's impressive.

@angryhulks:Yeah, that was a decent showing. But again, I'm not saying she's slow. She's not in mach range, IMO.

#32 Posted by buttersdaman000 (20705 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@buttersdaman000: She was moving faster than normal humans, sure, but I don't think we have ever seen her break sound barrier. Regardless, like I said, Barry only saw her frozen when she was either standing still or free falling, so i don't see how that's impressive.

I don't know why people get so hung up on characters breaking the sound barrier. It's simply a cool visual effect. To include that in every single scene to convey speed for battle forum posters would be tedious. Why didn't Superman break the sound barrier when he was fighting Barry? Simply put, the bank scene showed that Diana perceived bullets in slow motion. We saw her effortlessly block a barrage of bullets as she slid across the floor faster the humans could perceive. It's clear as day what that scene was showing us.

I don't see what Barry has to do with her speed level. All we know for sure about him is that he's much faster than Diana. At best, we can scale him from Supermans flight speed which puts him in the mach 20's. And, it would make sense since the DCEU guidebooks always claimed that Supermans perception and combat was as fast as his flight speed.

#33 Posted by RBT (16528 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000:

I don't know why people get so hung up on characters breaking the sound barrier. It's simply a cool visual effect. To include that in every single scene to convey speed for battle forum posters would be tedious. Why didn't Superman break the sound barrier when he was fighting Barry? Simply put, the bank scene showed that Diana perceived bullets in slow motion.

Honestly, I don't. But DCEU movies, especially Snyder, has always put emphasis on such things. We had a shot of Aquaman breaking the sound barrier under water.

We saw her effortlessly block a barrage of bullets as she slid across the floor faster the humans could perceive. It's clear as day what that scene was showing us.

That she has excellent reflexes and enhanced speed. There was nothing there that would put a number on her speed though.

I don't see what Barry has to do with her speed level. All we know for sure about him is that he's much faster than Diana. At best, we can scale him from Supermans flight speed which puts him in the mach 20's. And, it would make sense since the DCEU guidebooks always claimed that Supermans perception and combat was as fast as his flight speed.

Superman's flying speed is way above Mach 100 from the calcs I have seen. And guidebooks are barely a reliable source of information. Especially if its contradicted by something we saw on screen.

#34 Posted by buttersdaman000 (20705 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@buttersdaman000:

I don't know why people get so hung up on characters breaking the sound barrier. It's simply a cool visual effect. To include that in every single scene to convey speed for battle forum posters would be tedious. Why didn't Superman break the sound barrier when he was fighting Barry? Simply put, the bank scene showed that Diana perceived bullets in slow motion.

Honestly, I don't. But DCEU movies, especially Snyder, has always put emphasis on such things. We had a shot of Aquaman breaking the sound barrier under water.

We saw her effortlessly block a barrage of bullets as she slid across the floor faster the humans could perceive. It's clear as day what that scene was showing us.

That she has excellent reflexes and enhanced speed. There was nothing there that would put a number on her speed though.

Superman's flying speed is way above Mach 100 from the calcs I have seen. And guidebooks are barely a reliable source of information. Especially if its contradicted by something we saw on screen.

Yeah, the same way he has shots of Superman breaking the sound barrier when he flies. However, he doesn't do that every time Superman throws a punch, does he? It would be even more tedious and headache inducing to make a sound barrier for every twitch of the Wonder Womans wrist as she blocked the bullets and slid across the floor.

How can a person perceive an object in slow motion and effortlessly move their body and limbs to block it, yet not be faster than said object???? The robber literally fired the machine gun at the crowd before Wonder Woman moved to block the bullets.

Fine, Mach 100. The numbers don't really matter here. And it hasn't been contradicted by anything so far.

#35 Posted by RBT (16528 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000:

Yeah, the same way he has shots of Superman breaking the sound barrier when he flies. However, he doesn't do that every time Superman throws a punch, does he? It would be even more tedious and headache inducing to make a sound barrier for every twitch of the Wonder Womans wrist as she blocked the bullets and slid across the floor.

He actually does. Watch Man of Steel final fight. Superman and Zod were creating mach cones when punching each other majority of the time.

How can a person perceive an object in slow motion and effortlessly move their body and limbs to block it, yet not be faster than said object???? The robber literally fired the machine gun at the crowd before Wonder Woman moved to block the bullets.

The scenes are slowed down for our benefit. Its not the same with Diana as it is with, say, Fox QS. In both their cases, the scenes are slowed down(though to different degrees), but QS moves at normal pace or even at super speed while the scene is slowed down, while Diana barely moves in those slowed down scene.

Fine, Mach 100. The numbers don't really matter here. And it hasn't been contradicted by anything so far.

Except for the time we saw Faora blitz him when she was barely moving at a fraction of that speed. Literally every fight scene Superman has been in except for the JL one is a contradiction to him having Mach 100 reflexes. Not to say he doesn't have enhanced reflexes. He quite clearly does. But its definitely not on par with the speed he uses to travel from one end of earth to another in minutes.

#36 Edited by buttersdaman000 (20705 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@buttersdaman000:

He actually does. Watch Man of Steel final fight. Superman and Zod were creating mach cones when punching each other majority of the time.

The scenes are slowed down for our benefit. Its not the same with Diana as it is with, say, Fox QS. In both their cases, the scenes are slowed down(though to different degrees), but QS moves at normal pace or even at super speed while the scene is slowed down, while Diana barely moves in those slowed down scene.

Except for the time we saw Faora blitz him when she was barely moving at a fraction of that speed. Literally every fight scene Superman has been in except for the JL one is a contradiction to him having Mach 100 reflexes. Not to say he doesn't have enhanced reflexes. He quite clearly does. But its definitely not on par with the speed he uses to travel from one end of earth to another in minutes.

No...he doesn't. You mentioned one fight and expect me to ignore all the fights Superman has had? Hell, he was only making the sonic booms for about 30 seconds of that fight. When they were flying back down to earth at super-hypersonic speed, exchanging punches, there were no sonic booms. The Smallville fight lacked sonic booms. The Doomsday fight lacked sonic booms. The Superman vs JL fight lacked sonic booms (Snyder filmed to majority of that - you can tell by the face).

Yes, exactly. The scene is slowed down to show us how Diana perceives a bullet i.e in slow motion and is fast enough to react and move accordingly. I don't know what you're trying to say with the QS comparison because he too lacks sonic booms....

Why? Because she lacked sonic booms? Anyways, I don't care whether he's mach 25 or 100. You do all the calcs you want. I'm just saying it makes no sense to argue that Diana isn't faster then something she was literally shown to be faster then simply because her speed wasn't accompanied by extra visual representation.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
#37 Edited by FirestormFate1919 (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's probably hard to do a truly accurate calc on his top speed at this point, especially because something like running while Diana is falling, which is gaugeable, isn't his best feat.

Barry's most impressive showing by far was moving, along with Clark, faster than Diana could percieve. For average humans, basic perception generally begins at about 50-60 ms, registering an image in motion is closer to 80 ms within binocular vision. Barry moved maybe 20 feet while within her sightline before moving behind her. He seemed faster from here, but apart from everything being motionless in the air there's nothing to measure based on. That means Barry would need to be something like 273 mph to be invisible to the human eye in this scenario. If Diana can move roughly as fast as bullets (she's moving in pace with the bullets even if she's not necessarily covering the same distance), that puts her at like Mach 3 or so. That's around 153 times faster than average human reflex speed.

If we assume she has the same reflex-perception ratio as humans do, just faster, that would mean Barry at his fastest (we've seen) is somewhere around 41,769 mph, or Mach 55. My estimate would put him somewhere around there, even if it is a feat with a lot of relative factors. He's not nearly on the level of high-tier speedsters like DCCW Flash, Fox Quicksilver, or Smallville Clark, but still solidly above low-tiers like MCU Quicksilver.

#38 Posted by cfrehse (2829 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash and Superman really put perspective on Wonder woman's speed and strength and durability. She is not a powerhouse tier character but she is a top tier when it comes to skill and weapons and armor. She reminds me of MCU cap. She has a lot of skill and good weapons that can let her hang with people a tier above herself in power.

#39 Posted by Superhero24 (3864 posts) - - Show Bio
@cfrehse said:

Flash and Superman really put perspective on Wonder woman's speed and strength and durability. She is not a powerhouse tier character but she is a top tier when it comes to skill and weapons and armor. She reminds me of MCU cap. She has a lot of skill and good weapons that can let her hang with people a tier above herself in power.

#40 Posted by jashro44 (44762 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like he should be mach 30 considering he needs a heat resistance costume but after years of watching CW Flash I think its pointless to speculate what speed DCEU Flash did.

Moderator Online
#41 Posted by The_Hajduk (1352 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Thedarkking25 (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: well cw flash is in the triple digits by feats

#43 Posted by RookyNubee (103 posts) - - Show Bio

the advert for the sky commercial is non-canon btw

Loading Video...

@lukehero said:

i think 28 mph was one estimate

i shit you not

Loading Video...

#44 Posted by Warlockmage (5936 posts) - - Show Bio

ok anyone who thinks hes faster than lightning does not understand just how fast lightning actually moves... saying he moves faster than lightning means hes mach 15,000+

please prove he moves mach 15,000 plus i dare you

#45 Edited by IamSilverSurfer (180 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

Probably somewhere between Mach 3-5 range.

I agree, atleast for now, he is in this range.

I think he will go faster.

@angryhulks said:

Just my thought, I think anything less than Mach 5 is extremely unlikely, as Wonder Woman blocked entire magazine of 5.56 rounds point-blank, each traveled at Mach 2.7, Flash's reaction time (and therefore, speed) should be several times of Diana's.

Wonder Woman was not moving her limbs to deflect bullets in any scene she appeared frozen (or very slow) to flash.

In the first scene, she was tossed by Superman, and it's debatable if that was even flash's perspective or just "slow-motion" so that audience can see it.

In the second scene, Diana was free-falling.

Unless Diana can fly, she can't change her speed in air. Since she can't, it means that these feats cannot be quantified.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#46 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (9294 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse: if Superman is Top tier then that means she's one tier below him.

#47 Posted by AngryHulks (3552 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry's most impressive showing by far was moving, along with Clark, faster than Diana could percieve. For average humans, basic perception generally begins at about 50-60 ms, registering an image in motion is closer to 80 ms within binocular vision. Barry moved maybe 20 feet while within her sightline before moving behind her. He seemed faster from here, but apart from everything being motionless in the air there's nothing to measure based on. That means Barry would need to be something like 273 mph to be invisible to the human eye in this scenario. If Diana can move roughly as fast as bullets (she's moving in pace with the bullets even if she's not necessarily covering the same distance), that puts her at like Mach 3 or so. That's around 153 times faster than average human reflex speed.

I think human can detect things moving at Mach 3, even at relativey short distance. You can't really see a bullet moving through the air because it's small and blend in with the background, but if it's a tracer round, you could definitely see it moving, and it's slower than it looks. Sure, your body won't be able to move away from it, but you can see it coming. I'm pretty sure to be invisible to naked eyes, something or somebody must be faster than a rifle bullet. Also, size does matters, we can see missiles moving at over Mach 5, even Mach 8 in some case, but not bullets.

Avatar image for manonthemountain
#48 Edited by Manonthemountain (538 posts) - - Show Bio

The speed of light is approximately Mach 874,635.6. Flash was shown in JL to have AT LEAST Sub-Relativistic speed based on his movements compared to the other characters (Sub-Relativistic is 1-5% the SoL). So lowballing would place Flash at Mach 8746.356, 1% the SoL. He went back in time in Batman vs Superman Ultimate Edition so he obviously has potential to go MUCH faster than even that.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
#49 Posted by FirestormFate1919 (4333 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by The_Hajduk (1352 posts) - - Show Bio