Anybody miss the old comic book look?

goldeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Anybody miss the old comic book look? (16 votes)

Yeah. It should come back 50%
Live and let die 50%

Does anybody else miss the look of the old comic books?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. It’s hard to read some of those old comic books.

Great_Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. It’s hard to read some of those old comic books.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely. Damnear everything went to realistic art style post FOX’s XMEN in 2000. There are a few modern artists that pay homage to the classic style with their work tho.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely. Damnear everything went to realistic art style post FOX’s XMEN in 2000. There are a few modern artists that pay homage to the classic style with their work tho.

It isn't any more realistic today. If anything it looks more like a cartoon today. But the art today is also much more kinetic than the static art of the past. I like art post 90s.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazahs117 said:

It isn't any more realistic today. If anything it looks more like a cartoon today. But the art today is also much more kinetic than the static art of the past. I like art post 90s.

I typically prefer the 80’s and 90’s stuff. Tho I do have an affinity for stuff older than that, particularly Kirby who has a certain beauty to the simplicity of style, and has even more interesting concepts beyond his MARVEL/DC work. But yeah post 2000 things took a bit of turn for too much realism my taste, and some of the magic is was lost for me. There are a couple of modern artists I do really enjoy that dial down the realism knob with their style.

Avatar image for chris2kzombieki
chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Those were the days...

SoySpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SoySpirit

No. I prefer lates 80s/90s art

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. New art will always be better.

I do love the old art as well, but doesn't beat the newer art of comics.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so glad I'm not alone here. That classic "Marvel house style" and art of that ilk is untouchable for me, with the bright and vivid inking, as well as the somewhat kooky but classic character designs. Stuff like John Romita Sr.'s work on Spider-Man or Neal Adams on Batman is utterly iconic and second to none. It's so instantly recognizable, there's a reason they use it for marketing on T-shirts and the like. It's the kind of art that instantly comes to mind when I think "superheroes" and why I really dislike a lot of the attempts at realism within the genre. Like the need for Batman's suit to be more technological and armored instead of the simple spandex. I don't need it to look more realistic, like it can fit all those gadgets in the belt or shrug off bullets. Just throw some science-y mumbo jumbo about poly-carbon-whatever fibers and I'm all set. That's part of the fun for me. Hell, it's why I honestly almost prefer some of the older Iron Man suits as well, except for the times his eyes can be seen through the eyeholes.