#1 Posted by The_Wotan (573 posts) - - Show Bio

So as the title says, I would like to know, if there are any LOSH experts here, and if they can help me get some answers. :)

So according to this Cosmic Boy's wiki:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Rokk_Krinn_(Pre-Zero_Hour)

"Early in his career with the Legion, he absorbed Lightning Lads's lightning blast." - So does anyone have the scans of this feat or know from what issue of comic is this?

Help is much appreciated. :)

#5 Posted by Nucleon (2852 posts) - - Show Bio

The LSH was Kurt Swaniest thing to ever hit the stands. There was a cool "kids in space" feel to it. They also were big players in the Bronze Age, and their illustrator at the time (Krell?) really re-defined super-hero costumes for a while anyway, as it is apparent in the Bronze Age X-Men.

They lost pretty much all relevancy since "Crisis".

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
#6 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (3818 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know if I'd classify myself as an expert, but I do love the LSH, and in the 70's they were the reason I got into comics. While I don't know of this "Cosmic Boy absorbs Lightening Lad's Lightening" thing. (That sounds like even before my time.) I know their abilities bounced around a lot in the early days. Star Boy went for being Superman-like to someone who's only ability was to make objects heavier. Lightening Lass (Lightening Lads twin sister) went from being a female version of Lightening Lad to "Light Lass" who's ability was make things lighter, and then back to Lightening Lass. And I think Nucleon is thinking of Mike Grell as the illustrator. he was followed by James Sherman, Dave Cockrum and Keith Giffen. At that time, Giffen was the hot artist of his day, but then he changed his style, and not for the better, IMHO.

#7 Posted by The_Wotan (573 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:

The LSH was Kurt Swaniest thing to ever hit the stands. There was a cool "kids in space" feel to it. They also were big players in the Bronze Age, and their illustrator at the time (Krell?) really re-defined super-hero costumes for a while anyway, as it is apparent in the Bronze Age X-Men.

They lost pretty much all relevancy since "Crisis".

I truly agree in this regard.

Crisis messed up with them really, - DC's continuity with them was turned into a completele mess with constant reboots, retcons and changes.

Sad to see them being so down.

But if you could answer my original question it would be very nice. :)

#8 Posted by The_Wotan (573 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know if I'd classify myself as an expert, but I do love the LSH, and in the 70's they were the reason I got into comics. While I don't know of this "Cosmic Boy absorbs Lightening Lad's Lightening" thing. (That sounds like even before my time.) I know their abilities bounced around a lot in the early days. Star Boy went for being Superman-like to someone who's only ability was to make objects heavier. Lightening Lass (Lightening Lads twin sister) went from being a female version of Lightening Lad to "Light Lass" who's ability was make things lighter, and then back to Lightening Lass. And I think Nucleon is thinking of Mike Grell as the illustrator. he was followed by James Sherman, Dave Cockrum and Keith Giffen. At that time, Giffen was the hot artist of his day, but then he changed his style, and not for the better, IMHO.

Yeah, change of Giffen's art style was not for the best. :)

But if you know people knowledgable on Legion stuff, you can tag them here. :D