An Ironheart movie is a terrible idea; here are other heroes who could replace Tony Stark as Iron Man in the MCU

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Edited By solar_nerd
No Caption Provided

Of all the Avengers 4 theories/predictions, the most likely is that Tony Stark kicks the bucket.

And it seems timely. It's surprising he even made it out of Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War in one piece.

Why Ironheart is a bad idea

No Caption Provided

When Iron Man wound up in a coma in Civil War II, Ironheart came to take his place. Listen, I'm all for diversity in comics. However, replacing Iron Man with her was just stupid. But now that he's back, I'm okay with her being around, but as a junior counterpart to him. Here are other heroes who'd be worthy replacements for Iron Man in the MCU.

James Rhodes

No Caption Provided

James Rhodes isn't very likely to make it out alive, but if he does, he'd be the most obvious choice to replace Tony, seeing as he's the most experienced.

Pepper Potts

No Caption Provided

Pepper Potts seems like an obvious choice, and she's been an Iron Hero in the comics before. After all, it was alluded to in Iron Man 3, when she donned a suit of armor. Maybe she could take up her husband's legacy after he dies.

Shuri

No Caption Provided

Shuri is actually an awesome choice. She's one of the smartest people in the MCU, and she'd be welcome to don a suit of armor and take up Stark's legacy.

Amadeus Cho

No Caption Provided

And no, I'm not talking about the guy who appeared in the Incredible Hulk. I've actually come up with a theory that THAT guy had a kid with Helen Cho before Age of Ultron, and that he's Amadeus Cho Jr., AKA the real Amadeus Cho. I know that's complicated, but he's a very smart character and would be a perfect replacement for Stark in my opinion.

Tony Stark AI

No Caption Provided

After the second superhero Civil War, it was revealed Stark created an AI to take his place while he was in a coma. That would be a good idea for the MCU to use as well, but it'd defeat the purpose of RDJ's contract ending.

So, what do you think? Who'd be the best replacement? Comment!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why does Iron man have to be "replaced"?? Just bring in new characters or make pre existing characters more prevalent.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does Iron man have to be "replaced"?? Just bring in new characters or make pre existing characters more prevalent.

Because Iron Man is what's called a "Legacy Character".

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:

Because Iron Man is what's called a "Legacy Character".

Not really.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kevd4wg
  • Using Amadeus Cho is literally no different then using Riri Williams, at all.
  • I sincerely doubt they do the Tony Stark A.I. and it would really cheapen Iron Man's death if he does Die
solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:
  • I sincerely doubt they do the Tony Stark A.I. and it would really cheapen Iron Man's death if he does Die

That second thing I agreed with. Also, I chose Amadeus because he'd be an Iron "Man".

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I would assume Shuri would be MCU Ironheart

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

That second thing I agreed with. Also, I chose Amadeus because he'd be an Iron "Man".

That's a bad reason to choose Amadeus over Riri, I mean that's actually kinda sexist. You also put up Shuri, who would be a far better choice then Amadeus, but still not as good as Pepper or Rhodes. There's basically no difference between Amadeus and Riri, except Amadeus is a man and Riri at least has an established connection with Iron Man

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This!

Just make new characters you don't need to put a new person as the same superhero just push existing heroes or make new ones

imsososorry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought spider man was his replacement

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:
@solar_nerd said:
@kevd4wg said:

That's a bad reason to choose Amadeus over Riri, I mean that's actually kinda sexist. You also put up Shuri, who would be a far better choice then Amadeus, but still not as good as Pepper or Rhodes. There's basically no difference between Amadeus and Riri, except Amadeus is a man and Riri at least has an established connection with Iron Man

Dude. NO!

I chose Amadeus and Shuri because they have more experience and fans are more familiar with them.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HeroUp2112

Yeah, I don't see why they'd put Cho or Williams in the suit...those characters haven't been introduced in the films at all.

Rhodes makes the perfect choice...if not him then Shuri. I can't see that AI at all, I'm sorry but that would be ultra lame.

I can kinda, sorta see Pepper, only because I'd bet Paltrow would want to do it. I know that part of her problem with wanting to do the movies at all was that she wasn't big on playing such a small supporting role, and they'd have another big name Hollywood actor to replace RDJ.

Avatar image for amazingfantasy15
AmazingFantasy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

James Rhodes can pilot the suits but can’t make new ones, fix them or do much creatively with them. As said in the Avengers:

No Caption Provided

James Rhodes would just be a big man in a suit. Pepper Pots would also just be a woman in a suit.

No established MCU character can be the new Iron man except Shuri, in which case she’d probably be Ironheart. If they introduced Riri or Cho, neither are really established outside of the comics so there is no telling how they’d be presented in the films.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

James Rhodes can pilot the suits but can’t make new ones, fix them or do much creatively with them. As said in the Avengers:

No Caption Provided

James Rhodes would just be a big man in a suit. Pepper Pots would also just be a woman in a suit.

No established MCU character can be the new Iron man except Shuri, in which case she’d probably be Ironheart. If they introduced Riri or Cho, neither are really established outside of the comics so there is no telling how they’d be presented in the films.

Cho would be better, he has more experience and fans know who he is.

Avatar image for larcadedragneel
LarcadeDragneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy15 said:

No Caption Provided

Cho would be better, he has more experience and fans know who he is.

Most fans that read the comics. If you just watch the movies you will have no idea who he is.

ironbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe he shouldn't be replaced.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Personally, I think an Ironheart movie could work if it went in the same direction as the Iron Man comics seemed like they were going to go before Civil War 2 messed everything up. Namely, have Tony be a direct mentor to Riri. If Tony cares about this kid and wants to encourage her potential, then the audience is likely to do the same.

Basically the best way to do Riri is to not just immediately shove Tony to the side as soon as she comes in. Even a Batman Beyond type situation could work, where Tony no longer wears any of the suits, Riri does, but Tony coaches her and gives her his expertise.

With RDJ's contract likely up, that's sadly doubtful to happen, which means that Riri is likely going to be fighting a losing battle again. Even if Tony goes out killing Thanos in the biggest, most heroic sacrifice of all time, Riri's still going to be the first unknown character coming in and directly replacing one of the MCU's biggest superheroes. Though no fault of the character's own, she's going to have a ton of people against her simply because she's not their Iron Man and will be taking on a mantle they won't think she's earned.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f
deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Shaladue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah this list is dumb. Ironheart is terrible choice with no real explanation but proceeds to state that you're all for Diversity (Zzz) and that Shuri would be awesome lmao. People should get it through their brain that Shuri will not be wearing Ironman armor EVER.

Next you list two of Stark's close family who have no smarts... Who's going to be building and repairing the suits assuming Tony dies? If he isn't dead why would he retire? Next.

Ling Hulk? Who even likes that annoying weakling. He already damaged Hulk's name.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should be Rhodes.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solar_nerd: imo they should just kill the idea of ironman, never liked the character too trash 616 wise and mcu wise.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about nobody replaces him?

EICHHOLTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EICHHOLTZ

@marvelanddcfan24: put the character on the back burner for 10 years... comeback with a new actor to play Tony.... Too bad Marvel/Disney won't do that because that would be money left on the table.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelanddcfan24: put the character on the back burner for 10 years... comeback with a new actor to play Tony.... Too bad Marvel/Disney won't do that because that would be money left on the table.

At LEAST do that if you're gonna include her at all.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eichholtz: the thing is MCU Ironman isnt like characters such as Batman or Superman where actors can be interchanged because what makes Ironman popular isnt Ironman himself its RDJ

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And it seems timely. It's surprising he even made it out of Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War in one piece.

How is it surprising he made it out of those two?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

If Tony dies, Iron Man dies.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 anthp2000  Moderator  Online
EICHHOLTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelanddcfan24: @solar_nerd: I think part of the reason the comics have suffered is because they have tried to make 616 Tony into RDJ. and I love me some robert downey. but the character existed before him and he will exist after him. by making the comic version a complete carbon copy of the actor it really dilutes it and will make it even harder to transition to a new actor.

but Disney pretty much has a license to print money at this point, so I think they will figure it out lol. I wouldn't mind waiting, I think the BATfleck failed because he came too soon after Bale, just give it some time to breath so we can enjoy RDJ's legacy and take on the character before immediately getting Ironheart or a replacement.

IchiNiSanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shuri will be weird.

If she makes a IM-esque suit for herself, wouldn't it make more sense for Panther to get it first?

It would be a very strange dynamic, unless she has a falling out, or just goes solo.

Rhodey and pepper can wear the suit, but I'd rather them not be iron man. Also , I wish pepper kept the extremis. That would've been hilarious

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shuri seems logical.

TheBeardOfZues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cattlebattle
TheBeardOfZues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: RDJ doesn't exist in the MCU, Tony Stark does and that's IM.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

quantum-savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This aint it. Look most of this really doesn't make sense. Just going down the list, Rhodey would still be basically the exact same character, Pepper as she is in the mcu would make no sense as a replacement, I'll save Shuri for last, Amadeus has not been established really at all, especially not to become Iron Man unless that decided to do that like 4-6 years down the line in order to make the replacement proper, and an AI just wouldn't fit well, given the previous past with Ultron. Now back to Shuri, having Shuri play Ironheart wouldn't really be any different than having RiRi Williams, so I'm not really sure what the point of this was. I'm all for Shuri being Ironheart, I actually welcome it fullheartedly. Ironheart doesnt inherently HAVE to be Riri