Am I wrong in thinking Korra is worst Avatar??

• 77 results
Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am a huge Avatar fan, but after 2 seasons of Legend of Korra, I'm of the opinion she's like Bane on the Battle forums, can barely win $%&%!

She loses and messes up in such grand fashion I don't ever believe Aang was this incompetent.

To put it in perspective:

She lost all past lives in the fight against the bad guy.
She never really "beats" the blood bending Amon or Tarlocc from season 1.

Despite all her gifts Bane beats her in h2h and that is just sad.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're not wrong. She is a failure and the true definition of incompetence. She is extremely disrespectful towards her elders and hardheaded.

Which is sadly why I dropped it

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BlackWind

I know there was a thread just like this not long ago.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By EnigmaLantern

I like watching Avatar in general but whenever I watch Avatar season 2, I can't help but miss Aang, if you compare the ages and the circumstances that both Aang and Korra are/were in, Aang was so much more controlled and respectfull, hardly ever using (but I could be wrong/missed something somewhere) the "I'm the Avatar" as an excuse for all his actions like Korra does.

And as an Avatar in general, I find Aang to be better than Korra, simply because he mastered all four elements at the age he did with the amount of pressure he had, as well as being the first avatar to perfom Energy bending. I find it quite difficult to like Korra, especially after Book 2.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The hate in this thread is strong.

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hate in this thread is strong.

Korra is a disappointing addition.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KnightRise

You're not wrong. She is a failure and the true definition of incompetence. She is extremely disrespectful towards her elders and hardheaded.

Which is sadly why I dropped it

Which leaves plenty of room for growth.

LOL how do you "drop" a tv show? Cancel the dvr?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

i like korra , not more than aang but she she does alright show-wise

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightrise: Meh, when she fixes her personality I'll reconsider lol. Also I watched it online, that's basically what I meant. I just stopped the show. Luckily my brother still watches it and I was able to see the episode of the first Avatar, and I must say, he is cool.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gave Korra about six episodes before I said forget it. Also, I thought both Katara and Toph said, on Ember Island his waterbending and earthbending could use practice? Regardless, the proficiency in which he learned the other three, on top of all that other junk he was into, in, what; half a year? Nothing short of amazing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

I don't know if we can really say she's been the worst, as we haven't seen all the other avatars yet. But yeah, she's awful.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightrise: Meh, when she fixes her personality I'll reconsider lol. Also I watched it online, that's basically what I meant. I just stopped the show. Luckily my brother still watches it and I was able to see the episode of the first Avatar, and I must say, he is cool.

While I love Aang, I'm nuetral toward Korra. But I do think so far that she has a better supporting cast than Aang at the same point (Katara was sooo annoying).

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

As a character she has improved alot since the beginning of book 2, no where near the level of annoying she once was at. People need to watch book 2 entirely before the can fully decide what they think about her character.

As for her deeds as the avatar, she fails a lot and is always outsmarted by her foe. Her mistakes have cost her and the consequences seem to get worse every time. I can't say she's the worst but definitely near the bottom.

Btw, losing to Amon and Tarlock by bloodbending should not be held against her because nobody could beat them except Aang and that was by entering the avatar state, something Korra couldn't do until after the fight.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4 said:

While I love Aang, I'm nuetral toward Korra. But I do think so far that she has a better supporting cast than Aang at the same point (Katara was sooo annoying).

This x1 billion

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The worst so far....maybe (I like her)...the worst ever who knows there might be a future avatar or some one after Wan's time that could have been far worse.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_stegman  Moderator

I will admit..she messes up...a lot. And she can be annoying...and hard headed, and disrespectful to her elders...and childish....and a bad girlfriend. But she has...erm....nice hair....but not as nice as Asami's.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was on the fence during Book One, but I thoroughly hated Korra through most of Book Two, for reasons mentioned. Even at her best, she just didn't have the same "heart" that Aang brought. Granted, that did mean there was more room for character development, but there's only so long you'd want to watch a douchbag acting like... well, a douchbag. Korra was a douche up until the last five or so episodes of Book Two.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zijuun

I'd say Korra is a fine character even if she may be incompetent, annoying and disrespectful.

I'd rather reword it as: the worst Avatar series up to date.

@unbreakable_fs4: I dropped it too, I don't plan on watching anymore episodes. It feels as if the show is being stretched on way too long as it needs to be and the story isn't getting any better. I'm four episodes away from the season finale though.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she is pretty bad all things considered. every avatar made mistakes

Examples:

• Avatar Wan freeing Vattu, unleashing chaos into the world
  • Avatar Roku failing to stop sozin from starting the 100 year war, leading to the massacre of the air nomades
  • Avatar Aang disappearing for 100 years when the world needed him, leading to a war that lasted over 100 years. Also, he almost died, nearly ending the avatar cycle forever

Now while they all made big mistakes, they all learned from them. After freeing vattu, wan dedicated his life to making peace and was successful in stopping vattu and imprisoning him. He made up for his error and grew as a character.

It made sense why roku didnt kill sozin. They were friends since they were kids and roku thought that there was some good in him. And in fact, the only reason he was unable to stop sozin was because he was betrayed and killed when sozin let him die. As a spirit, roku freely admits his mistake and acknowledges that he should have done more, showing that he learned from his mistake

Aang was impulsive as a kid, leading to him running away. Again, he knows what he did was wrong and does everything in his power to set the world straight.

Korra on the other hand, makes mistakes and doesnt learn from them. She continuously gets tricked by obviously evil characters and refuses to see reason on anything. she will make mistakes and continue to make them while the others make mistakes once and never agian

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind Korra's character as much, because perfect or even constantly right characters get boring. I liked her in book one of LOK more than I liked Aang in book one of TLA, probably because TLA didn't really pick up for me until Azula came on the scene.

But all things considered, she was really annoying at the start of the season, but I still grew to like her towards the second half of it. Also considering that almost no one was prepared to face Vattu and she didn't receive help in the bucket loads like Aang.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No because that's your opinion and it's just as valid as someone saying they like her. I do feel that Korra gets a bad rep because she has a very "in you're face" attitude which a lot of people dislike. In terms of personality, Aang was a lot more likeable because he was shy and uncertain, which people find it easier to relate to. Korra, on the other hand, is very confident and self-assured which is not something people like to deal with.

Avatar image for terrybogard2014
TerryBogard2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By TerryBogard2014

well there's still 2 more seasons to go but at this moment in time,yes she is the worst avatar

Gaza_Stripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gaza_Stripper

Korra is not the worst Avatar, she just looks bad next too Aang. Roku let the fire nation take over the world pretty crappy move for an Avatar. The water Avatar before Korra lost his girlfriends face pretty crappy move for an Avatar....

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I don't think Korra is believable. Aang was very spiritual but struggled with it for several seasons, while Korra had zero spirituality but reached a higher level in a matter of days.. I'm just not buying it. And i view this whole season just as an alternate reality type thing to cope with the awful storytelling.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been debating whether or not to start watching Korra. I watched the first couple of episodes, up to the point where Amon attacks the stadium. Kind of drifted off. I dropped by to ask if I should get caught up. Heard good things about the very first Avatar, which gets explored with Korra. Maybe

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang made the mistake that caused the title of the show to be THE Last Airbender.

Korra was born and raised in a time of peace, growth and progress.

While Aang learned the other elements from young prodigies who were learning themselves, Korra learned her fire and earth bending on a competitive sporting circuit. Topics learned her bending from giant gophers, Aang had the sky bison, and Zuko would get his skills up by training with dragons.

Korra made her mistakes by not seeing how dangerous people could be because her own early life was so much more safe and secure. When Aang froze himself the fire nation had been at war for almost half a century. That will harden the cultures of any nation in their orbit.

Team Aang also lost the great library because he pried too much into things.

And the Red Lotus killed Aang with the full Avatar State, which is a very heavy hitter to go against.

I am only bumping this because of the increased bashing Korra has been getting after she finally purged the poison from her body. It took Aang until halfway through Sozin's Comet to get his head in the game.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_stegman  Moderator

Korra is the only character in the show I don't like (besides Mako).

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of hate in this thread.

I prefer Legend of Korra to The Last Airbender. I love them both, and while season 1 of Korra was a bit slow and bogged down by the love triangle book 2 and onward have been a lot of fun. Book 3 being my favorite.

Also, no. Korra isn't the worst avatar. She stopped an anti-bending revolution and an insanely powerful bloodbender who could steal people's bending, a dark avatar who sought to plunge the world into 10,000 years of chaos, and an elite sect of master benders who sought to assassinate all world leaders and bring anarchy to the world.

Technically speaking the worst avatar is either Kuruk or Roku. Kuruk for being a lazy avatar who never had to do anything and ultimately lost his girlfriend to an evil spirit for being so lazy, and Roku for failing to stop the 100 year war that brought about the end of an entire civilization and bending discipline. Which, by the way, Korra brought back.

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By StardustCrusader

Roku is the worst we've seen so far.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheVivas

Depends on your personal definition of "worst" tbh.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

toph even said she sucks but at the same time, korra fights angry whereas ang doesnt. he's more level headed when he fights so he wins more. korra makes good comebacks tho

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cresshadow:

Toph also admitted she's only known two avatars.

Korra is also just getting off from three years of physical therapy and is suffering PTSD. Give the poor girl some slack, jeeze.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: im not taking any of that away from her. I know she has been through a lot but you gotta admit the differences in mentality between aang and korra. and like I said, even when she lose she comes back better

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MetalJimmor

@cresshadow:

Eh. I wouldn't say Korra is always angry. She actually seems to ENJOY fighting, which causes her to strive to being the best fighter she can be. It's an attribute a pacifist like Aang is lacking. Aang hates fighting and only does it in self defense, and we've seen his more passive nature get him in trouble just as much as Korra's more aggressive nature gets her in trouble. I mean, Aang almost DIED because he couldn't bring himself to kill Ozai. If not for an act of pure chance Aang would've died and the world would have burned to ash.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Arcus1

@cresshadow: Toph thinks everyone sucks

I think the worst avatar we've seen is Kuruk, guy did nothing except let his girlfriend's face get stolen. Korra's at least done things, and she's faced a lot of bad people

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By leonkarlen123

Yes in my opinion you are.

Aang is the worst, he is so annoying and overpowered... Zuko is my favorite

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ironshinobi88: wait so you were upset that Bane beats her in pure h2h? Why is that a bad thing?

StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

@squares: Avatar Kyoshi ftw.

lol Kyoshi is worst then Korra. She allowed the Earth Kingdom to be conquered and only did something when she was personally attacked. What did she do though? She just left, and Chin was only defeated because of his own stubbornness. She also created the Dai Li as an effort for the people of Ba Sing Se to never be able to revolt against the monarch's injustice.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stardustcrusader: You're argument is now invalid.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/119/8/0/korra_and_kyoshi_by_tracywilliams-d4xzwlw.jpg

StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By StardustCrusader

@ostyo said:

@stardustcrusader: You're argument is now invalid.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/119/8/0/korra_and_kyoshi_by_tracywilliams-d4xzwlw.jpg

No Caption Provided

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stardustcrusader: Lets not forget she started a fashion trend, AND she's voiced by Jennifer Hale. Yeah, this is no contest.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd say Roku, Aang, or Kyoshi are the worse. If anything Korra seems to have gone through more struggle than most Avatars we have a brief knowledge on.

Y2G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably more like the unluckiest. Having to face two blood-benders, the spirit of chaos, the red lotus and now a dictator who took over while she was recovering from being poisoned and traumatized is brutal luck.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1 said:

@cresshadow: Toph thinks everyone sucks

I think the worst avatar we've seen is Kuruk, guy did nothing except let his girlfriend's face get stolen. Korra's at least done things, and she's faced a lot of bad people

LOL

Also, I agree. Kuruk seemed pretty incompetent and useless.

I'ds ay Korra did most for the world. She faught a guy who would put the world into 1000 years of darkness, saved the benders from Amon's revolution, stopped the EE from rulling the world, took down the most dangerous criminals in the world etc.

As for combat, I'd say Roku >= Aang > Korra > Wan.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I love this thread. Really helped with my anger while watching season 4.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Revan-

That entire show is an insult to the original.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Zetsu-San

@revan2424 said:

It had some cool characters, and the setting itself was really interesting.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424 said:

They just plastered similar characters, environments, and plots on a new series, then proceeded to, in the last ditch to pander, make the main character LGBT. I just don't like it.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Zetsu-San

@revan2424 said:
@zetsumoto said:
@revan2424 said:

They just plastered similar characters, environments, and plots on a new series, then proceeded to, in the last ditch to pander, make the main character LGBT. I just don't like it.

Dude it was a steampunk city. That's a pretty big jump from the last series settings, and it worked quite well.

I agree, the random lesbian ending was random, but it didn't really show up until the very end. My biggest issue was the constant and pointless drama between her and that fire dude.

The show had some very good villains though.