Am I the only one who thinks that Batman is underrated on the battles forum?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HereForOneShot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A few points I have observed over time lurking on this forum:

1. I rarely see Batman battles anymore.
  2. Any time Batman is involved in a battle, people would just come in to facetiously post no-substance comments like "Batman solos" or "Batman wins because he's Batman" and then leave.
  3. Batman prep battles are almost non-existent and most of the serious arguments are for him losing.
  4. Even the Batman fans themselves don't seem to like the idea of him taking on gods and coming up on top, and they prefer him in his street level struggles.

I used to see Batman in many battles debate years ago and I even used to argue for Batman beating cosmic entities assuming he is given sufficient prep and help, but its kind of sad or surprising to see him reduced to struggling or even barely losing to street level characters these days?

Do you think the same way? Discuss

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tad bit, he lose quite a lot when he’s involved in fights. His prep is also being made fun of, so I don’t know why it’s like this.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I even used to argue for Batman beating cosmic entities assuming he is given sufficient prep and help

Wenjun Chew, is that you?

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wise man once said

I can’t think of a way where Batman can overcome Living Tribunal, this probably would be the first time where he would rely on allies. Perhaps Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl, Catwoman can lend a hand here.

Batman with the right equipment. In fact, he can range from a building buster to as far as a multiverse buster depending on what prep he had made.

Just because Thanos can beat nigh-omnis with his prep doesn’t mean he can beat Batman with prep. ABC logic doesn’t work that way. There’s no feat that shows that Thanos can beat an ordinary human via wits. An ordinary human doesn’t necessary mean he’s at a huge disadvantage to a superhuman. It all depends on the scenario. Batman feats wise has shown he is better at manipulating scenarios to his advantage.

— Wenjun Chew

Omnipotent94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Everyone says Batman is overrated but in reality it’s the opposite.

Finally someone said it. Batman is accused of being overrated more than he is actually overrated. If I say "black panther would beat silver surfer with prep" everyone would be fine with it but even if I say "batman would beat spiderman with prep" all hell would break loose and people would start whining about how overrated batman is and how his fans are the worst. There are rarely any batman threads anymore but people still think batman is overrated.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

If I'm being honest, he is very underrated.

Omnipotent94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

Wise man once said

I can’t think of a way where Batman can overcome Living Tribunal, this probably would be the first time where he would rely on allies. Perhaps Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl, Catwoman can lend a hand here.

Batman with the right equipment. In fact, he can range from a building buster to as far as a multiverse buster depending on what prep he had made.

Just because Thanos can beat nigh-omnis with his prep doesn’t mean he can beat Batman with prep. ABC logic doesn’t work that way. There’s no feat that shows that Thanos can beat an ordinary human via wits. An ordinary human doesn’t necessary mean he’s at a huge disadvantage to a superhuman. It all depends on the scenario. Batman feats wise has shown he is better at manipulating scenarios to his advantage.

— Wenjun Chew

I am pretty sure wenjun chew was just a troll and not an actual batman fan. He probably hated batman and wanted others to hate batman as well. I have read his posts and I really can't believe people actually fell for that.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omnipotent94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hereforoneshot: you are right. There are rarely any batman threads anymore and even if you make one no one would post in it.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I have seen, he is rated pretty ok. He is neither overrated or underrated.

The batfanboys say he can beat anyone with prep because he has done some pretty great things. The thing I see most people point out is that his prep isn't that great compared to other characters because Batman lacks the feats to contend with most Marvel/DC prep masters, such as Black Panther, Tony Stark, Doom, Lex, Darkseid etc..

Omnipotent94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omnipotent94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

From what I have seen, he is rated pretty ok. He is neither overrated or underrated.

The batfanboys say he can beat anyone with prep because he has done some pretty great things. The thing I see most people point out is that his prep isn't that great compared to other characters because Batman lacks the feats to contend with most Marvel/DC prep masters, such as Black Panther, Tony Stark, Doom, Lex, Darkseid etc..

Even if he starts beating gods with prep in every single issue, people still won't take him seriously and claim that its plot armor and PIS. But everyone is okay with Lex Luthor and Doom becoming actual gods with prep.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnipotent94: I am fine with Doom beating gods because he is PIS incarnate alongside Thanos and Reed Richards. That is one of their powers.

Batman lacks the feats to say he is their level. Plain and simple really..

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He’s underrated now. 5-6 years ago, viners would claim he would stomp Galactus with prep.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anything he's overrated.

Omnipotent94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

@omnipotent94: I am fine with Doom beating gods because he is PIS incarnate alongside Thanos and Reed Richards. That is one of their powers.

Batman lacks the feats to say he is their level. Plain and simple really..

I am aware of that and I actually never claimed that he can beat gods with prep. All I said was that people never take his prep seriously. He has good enough feats to at least beat mid tiers with prep but everyone just ignores it saying that all his prep feats are PIS and plot armors. Also yes he may not on the level of Tony, lex, Reed, doom etc but I'd say he is almost on par with black panther.

Omnipotent94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Omnipotent94

@truemoonchilde said:

If anything he's overrated.

Show me one recent batman battle where people took him and his prep seriously. I'll wait.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnipotent94: Have not seen a Batman thread recently aside from DCEU, which is a horrible version of him

Omnipotent94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

@omnipotent94: Have not seen a Batman thread recently aside from DCEU, which is a horrible version of him

Yep. Batfleck is an insult to batman. And that's exactly the problem. More than 80% threads on this site are now live action.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HereForOneShot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

I even used to argue for Batman beating cosmic entities assuming he is given sufficient prep and help

Wenjun Chew, is that you?

I am not going to answer that question.

@byondeon said:

Yep. Batfleck is an insult to batman. And that's exactly the problem. More than 80% threads on this site are now live action.

How is he an insult to Batman??

Zack Snyder paid homage to Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns through DCEU Batman. Justice League's Batman was more of studio interference.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

Batfleck is the best live action Batman. People are being hypocrites because this Batman kills, even though nearly every incarnation of Batman murdered a lot of fodders, and never got noticed.

No, Batman isn't underrated because of the DCEU version. If anything, that's on the weaksauce Nolan Batman. I'm pretty sure people don't even mix up comic and live action.

HereForOneShot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:
@omnipotent94 said:
@byondeon said:

Batfleck is the best live action Batman. People are being hypocrites because this Batman kills, even though nearly every incarnation of Batman murdered a lot of fodders, and never got noticed.

No, Batman isn't underrated because of the DCEU version. If anything, that's on the weaksauce Nolan Batman. I'm pretty sure people don't even mix up comic and live action.

Although Batfleck is not really an insult to Batman in my opinion, he is NOT the best live action Batman either. Nolan Batman is universally regarded by the general audience as their favourite incarnation of Batman. Your opinion is the minority opinion.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Shinne

>DCEU Batman is the worst Batman because he kills people and uses guns!

>Nolan Batman is the best live action Batman, ever!

>Meanwhile, other live action Batmen including Nolan Batman.

Loading Video...

These guys aren't dead, kids. They were just sleeping! And that yellow stuffs that Batman launched at them are sleep inducing lasers!

Is that what your mom told you when you watched these movies? Smh.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Shinne

@hereforoneshot: I hate Nolan Batman though. The post above isn't addressed to you, btw.

HereForOneShot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HereForOneShot

@lan_fan said:

@hereforoneshot: I hate Nolan Batman though.

I think in general comic book fans are quite divisive on Nolan Batman.

The general audience liked him better than they do for Ben Affleck Batman for various reasons, and the box office results on that are clear.

As for the Batman killing hypocrisy, I believe the general audience don't have a huge problem with Ben Affleck Batman killing either. Again it is the comic book fans who are being the loud voices protesting Ben Affleck Batman.

As far as I understand, the general audience don't have a huge problem with either versions of Batman, while the comic book fanbase are never satisfied with the version of Batman presented in the film.

Omnipotent94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hereforoneshot: @lan_fan: I liked batfleck in BvS but did you see him in justice league? He really was an insult to Batman. I don't hate him for killing. I hate him because he was pathetic in JL.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29 krisbishop  Moderator

He's had his fluctuating moments. Currently he's definitely underrated.

Omnipotent94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:
@omnipotent94 said:
@byondeon said:

I just meant that there are no comic batman threads anymore. All the batman threads are live action and neither Nolan bats nor Batfleck are correct representation of batman.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shinne

@omnipotent94: In the half of the first act, he was okay. I think the rests were just Snyder's direction clashing with Whedon's which produced a disaster. The whole movie is a disaster. Whedon is the last guy you want to direct Batman, in my opinion.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people underrate him, some overrate him. I think he might be a bit more underrated than overrated but honestly I haven't seen a batman thread in a while.....Kind of crazy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d880b7f8c5bf
deactivated-5d880b7f8c5bf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Some people underrate him, some overrate him. I think he might be a bit more underrated than overrated but honestly I haven't seen a batman thread in a while.....Kind of crazy.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 anthp2000  Moderator

People are memeing on him so hard that, at the end of the day, you can't ever have a decent battle-related discussion about him, unless it's people complaining and saying he loses. So yeah, I guess he's underrated in that way.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

He is not overrated or underrated. He is underused.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Live action battles rule the battle forums... theres not been a good version of Batman done in a decade

HereForOneShot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are memeing on him so hard that, at the end of the day, you can't ever have a decent battle-related discussion about him, unless it's people complaining and saying he loses. So yeah, I guess he's underrated in that way.

Maybe I am half a generation older than the aged 10s/20s dominating the internet meme crowd, but I don't get how are these "John Cena/Batman/Chuck Norris" memes funny. Even if they are funny, its only the first few times and repeating it over and over again on these forums on the same topic is freaking grindingly annoying.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I even used to argue for Batman beating cosmic entities assuming he is given sufficient prep and help,

Chew is inevitable

HereForOneShot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I even used to argue for Batman beating cosmic entities assuming he is given sufficient prep and help,

Chew is inevitable

Who is Chew?

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By The_Justiciar

Welcome back, WenjunChew

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is not overrated or underrated. He is underused.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Is it time for a battle to find The One True Priest of the Church of the Batgod? @destinyishere@hereforoneshot

@ready_4_madness said:

but even if I say "batman would beat spiderman with prep" all hell would break loose and people would start whining about how overrated batman is and how his fans are the worst

That's because Spider-Man would wreck Batman in a prep battle, lmao.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@blackspidey2099: Mysterio could beat both, but that's pretty obvious at this point.

Batman is a amazing person with prep, but Beck is just superior in almost every way possible.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@blackspidey2099: Mysterio could beat both, but that's pretty obvious at this point.

spider-man already turned mysterio's best tricks into a joke tho

HereForOneShot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it time for a battle to find The One True Priest of the Church of the Batgod? @destinyishere@hereforoneshot

@omnipotent94 said:
@ready_4_madness said:

but even if I say "batman would beat spiderman with prep" all hell would break loose and people would start whining about how overrated batman is and how his fans are the worst

That's because Spider-Man would wreck Batman in a prep battle, lmao.

Are you guys really sure that the statement "Batman with prep would beat Spiderman" would even cause a stir? Based on my experience and lurking on this forum, battles discussion involving Batman had become next to lifeless. Besides the 1 or 2 posters in Batman battles making the typical response that "prep does not equal auto-win", its been largely apathetic on the sides of both "Bat-prep advocates" and "Bat-prep skeptics".

To summarize, make a Batman prep battle thread and the majority of the posts are just one-sentence/one-phrase posts and most likely facetious statements too.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@blackspidey2099 said:
@diarrhearegatta said:

spider-man already turned mysterio's best tricks into a joke tho

That's because of PIS, and the fact that Spidey's used to them at this point. Batman would run away scared if he had to deal with a Beck with prep behind him,

it's just a fact at this point, Beck can hack and disable his gear, and then make him utterly confused and lost with all of his chemicals and technology. I mean, he has FTL rayguns- how is Bruce supposed to deal with that? He's not FTL, and I doubt he could block the shot before it hit him.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

Never thought I'd see a thread where people say Batman is underrated.

OT: To be honest, barely any comic-related battles are as popular now with the rise of the MCU and DCEU, which saddens me a little bit.