Am I the only one that doesn't really enjoy the Justice League as "New Gods"

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It seems weird, because at first the concept was great, but now I feel like they're shoving aside a great group of fourth worlders that should have their OWN comic. I did enjoy the build up and hype surrounding Darkseid's War, but right now he's dead, and I really don't feel any tension between anyone, it's simply boring....

lars_maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I actually really like this storyline. Im still confused by post-Flashpoint, Convergence, Multiversity, new52 but the writing in this isolated story arc is really concrete at building up tension, introducing great characters (the daughter of Darkseid, Grail and her mother Myrina Black) and doing a great job of bringing up the question: In a world of miraculous superheroes, what does it mean to be a god? We already see in Darkseid Wars: Batman that Batman has consequences to misusing the Mobius Chair and in Shazam, the gods arent passively giving their powers to a mortal host but forcing their influence over the mortal as a god does. We shall what happens to the daughter of Zeus and the other members in the wake of Darkseid's demise. Im actually more interested in the AntiMonitor, who the Crime Syndicate fled from their universe to escape. Was he always searching for Darkseid when he plundered the other Earth universe? When/how did Grail get involved with him? Amped for some exposition but the action has been impressive thus far.

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Only if Grant Morrison is writing them as "New Gods".

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oocmikey: the writing is great. But I disliked the idea from the very beginning like yourself. I just can't help but give credit where it's due with the great execution they've been doing.

Only reason you're not going to get that new gods story is because in the original works they were powerful on a whole nother level. DC lately won't let anyone above Supes punching level exist in today's comics

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lars_maximus: I respect your opinion, but the story seems to be going away from the things they set up. The last few Darkseid War comics didn't really resolve anything. I too have many questions, but I fear they aren't going to be answered because they DC Comic's are shoving aside the fourth worlders . Making them non-relevant and killing them off.

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nox_: That's to be determined, but someone did elude to it in the comics. Something about when a "god" dies, "new gods" are born. It is to be determined because it isn't over yet.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman has always been a god

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

As someone stated before somewhere, this entire story feels like a fan fic. Now, the concept itself is a good one, but this entire story is rushed. And it feels like the JL is just thrown into this war between Darkseid and the ANtiMonitor, and all of a sudden they get a power boost for no reason. THis story needed more build up and what happened the the JL needs to feel like it matters as opposed to feeling like just an other TUesday to them.

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Agreed. The concept doesn't get much better than this. Your favorite characters getting upgraded all at once, but, I just feel like they're attempting to kill off other characters. To be determined though, maybe this threat won't matter once it comes to an end lol